Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Does Real Love Still Exist? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Real Love Still Exist? (22742 Views)

Does This Kind Of Love Still Exist These Days / Does True Love Still Exist!! (my Experience) / Do This Kind of Love Still Exist (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Aphroditee(f): 11:33pm On Sep 04, 2020
Not just no, but hell no
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 04, 2020
Ladycewhy:
still a mortal and so long as you breathe through your nose and not your armpit, I still stand by what I said. I will only consider you different when you start breathing through your armpit.
From my perspective, you're intended to change the way I think. You're definitly not the last
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Budline1(m): 12:18am On Sep 05, 2020
Love is hard to find in Nigeria due to the poor economic situation that has made a lot of girls gone wild. "Fake love" is for the highest bidders now.

2 Likes

Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Ladycewhy(f): 1:25am On Sep 05, 2020
Masonkaycares:
From my perspective, you're intended to change the way I think. You're definitly not the last
nope,I am far from being a fixer, I am only making the real you crystal clear for those who still have doubts and probably save a sister from a trap. I am weary of people who are in denial of what they really are. Any sane person should avoid such people as well
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by silifat11(m): 5:13am On Sep 05, 2020
Real love is like a ghost which many talks about but only few have seen. It do exist, just rare

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Caseless: 5:27am On Sep 05, 2020
Naija246:
the concept of love is a Hollywood phenomenon; it doesn't exist.
Any girl prophesying such to you is a scammer;
She is only after your resources.

Women are incapable of loving a man the way men desire to be loved;they can only love their children, not husbands.

A man loves idealistically while women love opportunistically
spot-on!
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Ken26(m): 5:59am On Sep 05, 2020
Love na scam

1 Like

Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by missCAPS: 6:47am On Sep 05, 2020
Today is a perfect day to invest in cryptocurrency... Prices are Low! grin
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by GreatMage: 7:43am On Sep 05, 2020
Ladycewhy:
you are what you read.

Wisdom...
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by GreatMage: 7:48am On Sep 05, 2020
Ladycewhy:
in your words

quote author=Masonkaycares post=89534093] Basically I read everything interesting

It is a psychological and biological process to find something interesting, Whatever you find interesting is what your soul feeds on. You cannot compare the impact of a person who finds reading a newspaper as a daily routine to your bookworm physics student.They both involve reading but impact differently on an individual.

The things you pick interest in that is not under some form of obligation or duty is what truely sinks into your subconscious .These non-book related readings are what shapes our outlook , perception and mentality.Hence the reason you can find educated fools and smart illiterates.

When push comes to shove ,what you have fed your subconscious will manifest itself one way or the other.stop being in denial just to trap someone. If you find a thought process of someone interesting enough to follow and get updated on what they are thinking,it only means you concur with their thoughts.

Wisdom again...

You must be well read...
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by GreatMage: 7:55am On Sep 05, 2020
Nowadays;

Relationships are not built on love but agreement put in place by both parties.

Signed and certified by court. If the agreement is broken by one party or the other party finds the agreement not to his/her liking anymore;
The case is taken to the court and everyone takes his/her share and go their separate way.

What is true love?

In true love there's no such thing as;
I am not feeling this marriage or relationship anymore

OR

My feelings for you got reduced or died

So please don't mistake those cases of divorcees and whatnot for 'true love gone bad'.

It was an agreement...
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 05, 2020
It still exist
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by pacespot(m): 8:56am On Sep 05, 2020
There was never anything like "real love" in Africa. But people generally do have feelings for each other, and feelings can evaporate at anytime.

1 Like

Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 05, 2020
Ladycewhy:
nope,I am far from being a fixer, I am only making the real you crystal clear for those who still have doubts and probably save a sister from a trap. I am weary of people who are in denial of what they really are. Any sane person should avoid such people as well
I don't try to deny the fact about what I really am. Am just getting to know myself better. I basically listen to people I believe share the same experience with me and their write-up is what I read the most. Have you been betrayed? I have and it's an experience I don't want anyone to have.

1 Like

Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 05, 2020
Johntemmy:
As divorce and seperations keep increasing in marriages this days...do you still believe real love exist either in relationship or marriage.mercie.

Yes it does. Just a rare find
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Ladycewhy(f): 9:54am On Sep 05, 2020
Masonkaycares:
I don't try to deny the fact about what I really am. Am just getting to know myself better. I basically listen to people I believe share the same experience with me and their write-up is what I read the most. Have you been betrayed? I have and it's an experience I don't want anyone to have.
See question, if I have been betrayed, bro we all have our own stories, surely you have heard of "nothing new under the sun", when you think "oh poor me ,I have been through alot" them boom someone comes and tells you their own story.So please don't come here making us feel like you are the only one with a scar,you hear me undecided.

You just confirmed it, you align with the thoughts of certain people so as to find yourself. A vunerable phase such as yours is when you should be mindful of what you feed your soul with because your mind in this phase is like a newly prepared land for planting.

Anyway I do not see the path you are taking to find yourself as the way out,if you truely understand the concept behind those write ups then you will know why I said I avoid people like you.
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Ladycewhy(f): 9:54am On Sep 05, 2020
GreatMage:

Wisdom...
thanks
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by SPDAZZY(f): 9:58am On Sep 05, 2020
It may exist. But nowadays, especially in Nigeria, hmmm.

People are saying that women love OPPORTUNITICALLY while men love IDEALISTICALLY.

So the numerous men who cheat on their wives still truly love them? Of course, you will say they do, after all, they still smile at their wives, treat them with care, tell them they love them deeply and still find time to wonderfully cheat on them. WHAT A TRUE LOVE!

Love isn't a gender issue, it's individual. There are a few who love unconditionally, a minute few; cos most people, male and female, these days claim to love their partners but are only with them because of what they benefit or hope to benefit from the said union (Children, money, prestige, status, name etc)

2 Likes

Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Johntemmy(m): 10:16am On Sep 05, 2020
Missyford31:

Yes it does. Just a rare find
okay sis.

1 Like

Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Originalsly: 10:29am On Sep 05, 2020
Naija246:
[

b]the concept of love is a Hollywood phenomenon; it doesn't exist.
Any girl prophesying such to you is a scammer;
She is only after your resources.

Women are incapable of loving a man the way men desire to be loved;they can only love their children, not husbands.

A man loves idealistically while women love opportunistically

[/b]

He who findeth a wife findeth a good thing.

This tells us that a wife .... a loyal woman... one who would bring joy to her husband... is not easy to find... is precious.... like gold.... one has to search real hard and long ... and with both eyes look carefully for signs that what you have found is gold and not copper.

All that glitters is not gold.

The problem now is men go for the glitter.... grabbing copper and swearing it is gold. When the marriage or relationship crashes.... why blame the woman? Do we look in the mirror to see where we went wrong?... nooo!... we move on to the next woman and do the same.... get the same results... and after trying the same few more times we come to the conclusion that women are never loyal... cannot be trusted.... are all opportunistic. Ever so often guys be up in here lamenting..... they saw some pretty babe and fell in love... profess their love for her... buy her gifts... give her loud allowance.... only to find out later she never loved him .... and concludes that all women are gold diggers. Guys falling in love with women they know nothing about... and believe money can buy love.

Love exists.... there are sooo many happy marriages.... relationships... women marrying men or in relationships with men who are not in a better financial position... nor have nothing to gain from them except love.

Women have always been the way they are today..... we men are changing... getting soft... we need to man up....stop condemning women and fix our shortcomings.
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by holatin(m): 10:42am On Sep 05, 2020
a capital letter NO.

people loves you for what they can see from you.

now guys date for sex
ladies date for money

the world is in shambles and e dey pain me like die.

if only I can meet someone with same mindset as me....I will be the happiest man in earth. the world is over ! we are in hell already

1 Like

Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by holatin(m): 10:50am On Sep 05, 2020
Kelgabriel5:
Yes it does, in my own case I was left heartbroken as she married someone else for whatsoever reason she convinced herself with. Heartbreak is something I don't wish my worst enemy
I say amen to that bro. do laugh or smile at guys who feel sad after heartbreak in the past....never knew what it worse than been kidnapped and your organ harvested while you are still alive.

if you want to live long....don't fall in love
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 05, 2020
Ladycewhy:
See question, if I have been betrayed, bro we all have our own stories, surely you have heard of "nothing new under the sun", when you think "oh poor me ,I have been through alot" them boom someone comes and tells you their own story.So please don't come here making us feel like you are the only one with a scar,you hear me undecided.

You just confirmed it, you align with the thoughts of certain people so as to find yourself. A vunerable phase such as yours is when you should be mindful of what you feed your soul with because your mind in this phase is like a newly prepared land for planting.

Anyway I do not see the path you are taking to find yourself as the way out,if you truely understand the concept behind those write ups then you will know why I said I avoid people like you.
And what you advise me do
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Pelxmiye(m): 10:54am On Sep 05, 2020
Klass99:

It would really be nice to know "how men desire to be loved"

Not all of us are interested in children. Some of us just want to love and be loved.

Kindly let a girl into a man's mind/world, on the way men desire to be loved.

Just be patient ,be a listening ear ,a lot of men want that but most women are too caught up in cloud nine, and also develop yourself ,this is so that you can be the best version of yourself for yourself first and then for him, in other words ,love someone deeply ,so you can love another deeply as well..Peace
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Samzzy94(m): 10:56am On Sep 05, 2020
Kelgabriel5:
Yes it does, in my own case I was left heartbroken as she married someone else for whatsoever reason she convinced herself with. Heartbreak is something I don't wish my worst enemy

Same thing with me too bro, though in my own case she isn't married yet. The marriage is in a month time, but till today I have not been able to come to terms with the whole thing. This was a lady I thought could do anything for me, cos I was willing to do same.....
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by holatin(m): 11:18am On Sep 05, 2020
KristaPretty:
Nope!
Forget love and focus on what you hope to get out of life. Comfort and satisfaction of any kind.
If you keep your mind on love you will be shattered grin grin grin I warned you o
am posting this on my Facebook wall. ur brain no go decay
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Ladycewhy(f): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2020
Masonkaycares:
And what you advise me do
like I said earlier,I am far from being a fixer.
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by loswhite(m): 11:26am On Sep 05, 2020
Johntemmy:
hummmm... so is love enough to sustain marriage or relationship.
please tell us what is enough to sustain marriage and relationships
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by loswhite(m): 11:38am On Sep 05, 2020
humilitypays:
To start with, love does not exist, but the one you people call love which is romantic love is not enough reason to marry anybody today!

Also, romantic love alone cannot sustain any relationship or marriage.

Human to human relationship today has evolved, it goes beyond romantic love because whatever reason that made that man or woman to say he or she loves you, which is mostly sexually related (physical looks, endowments, etc) for men or financially related (for ladies), he or she will keep meeting better persons ready to offer them quadruple of those qualities that made him or her fall in love with you or pretend to love you grin

The things that can sustain relationship or marriage today are:

1.) Money

2.) Determination and absolute dedication

3.) Ability to sacrifice and to overlook issues

4.) Absolute fear of God for the highly religious
when you say money how much money is enough? So who should own the money, the man or the woman?
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by Klass99(f): 11:42am On Sep 05, 2020
Re: Does Real Love Still Exist? by humilitypays(m): 11:55am On Sep 05, 2020
loswhite:
when you say money how much money is enough? So who should own the money, the man or the woman?
the man should have more of the money for things to work out fine, and the amount of money needed to sustain a relationship or marriage is subjective, dependending on the lady you are dating or married to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

3 Reasons To Walk Away When Faced With The Choice Of Proving Your Fertility / Why Do Girls Get Aggressive When Caught Cheating? / Woman's Breast Spills Out Of Her Dress In A Public Bus In Lagos And Man Take Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.