Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote (66908 Views)

Coronavirus: Lagos Lockdown Not Effective Lagos Assembly Speaker, Obasa Says / Covid-19: Lagos Lockdown Day 4 In Pictures / 2018 Osun Decides :cast Your Online Vote. Which Party Will Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Agwaso: 9:43pm On May 13, 2020
Who conducted the polls? Was the voting publicized to Lagosians? Did the common man on the street have access to vote. I do not trust this polls because it is not the general opinions of Lagos people.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Okekeni90(m): 9:44pm On May 13, 2020
Seun:
Salary earners who have not lost their jobs yet, single people who work online, essential workers, etc, will vote yes. Most others would vote no.

A lockdown is the most brainless way to fight the Coronavirus. Our leaders need to use their wits and imagination to figure out better, smarter ways.

We cannot afford to wreck the economy by locking it down. If we wreck the economy then where will we get the money needed to fight the virus?

Yet, we cannot afford to allow lots of people to get sick and be killed by the virus. The fear of being infected is enough to wreck the economy.

The only way forward is to use face-masks and enforce science-based infection minimization rules to protect lives and also protect the economy.

It is crucial to understand that, as a poor country with a large population, we don’t have the luxury of choosing between saving lives and saving the economy. We must get people back to work, and we must keep them safe.

Exactly.
We can't afford to wait till when there would be zero case before we go about our normal business

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by jaxxy(m): 9:44pm On May 13, 2020
The lockdown down is too relaxed. It shud be definitely be stiffer bt not total.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by fortran12: 9:45pm On May 13, 2020
wristbangle:

Build structures? Lol are you referring to Nigerian government? The remaining questions asked, you know the answer already.
Well if they can't build most definitely they will not share any palliatives. I pray for good leaders to rule Nigeria. The existing ones don't deserve re election
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Farki: 9:45pm On May 13, 2020
dederocs:

stay inside your house, if you jobless people stay inside the crowd outside will reduce...if you idiots can not use mask and abide by social distancing...why do you care if others die?
Protect yourself, we are 200million people, Coro can not kill up to even 4million, you know how many people die everyday, normally?

Why the insults, are you really so bad at getting your point across like a reasonable adult?

I am simply explaining a reality you are trying to ignore, most of the people on the streets aren't following these rules, your insults won't change that.

If you fall victim don't complain, don't cry to the government don't cry to God, that's all I will say.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Jostoman: 9:46pm On May 13, 2020
Muyiwaipere:
Who are those voting ?..Ejo ema je ka shoribu o

Wey dem cut my salary by 50%
your own better, them no even pay me at all
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Pharaoh01(m): 9:46pm On May 13, 2020
Seun:
Salary earners who have not lost their jobs yet, single people who work online, essential workers, etc, will vote yes. Most others would vote no.

A lockdown is the most brainless way to fight the Coronavirus. Our leaders need to use their wits and imagination to figure out better, smarter ways.

We cannot afford to wreck the economy by locking it down. If we wreck the economy then where will we get the money needed to fight the virus?

Yet, we cannot afford to allow lots of people to get sick and be killed by the virus. The fear of being infected is enough to wreck the economy.

The only way forward is to use face-masks and enforce science-based infection minimization rules to protect lives and also protect the economy.

It is crucial to understand that, as a poor country with a large population, we don’t have the luxury of choosing between saving lives and saving the economy. We must get people back to work, and we must keep them safe.
Seun, free NwaAmaikpe
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Luckydubby7(m): 9:47pm On May 13, 2020
profmallor:
Ask any of the people that have ever caught it, someone from kano or someone who might have lost a soul to this scourge if a full lock down should be reinstated, they have had first hand experience of what we are dealing with. We need to wait this out else, when those with full lockdowns start to recovery, we would be back to square one. Only the living worry about the economy
. Keep deceiving yourself. Lazy tin.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by bobochem: 9:47pm On May 13, 2020
Make them no try rubbish.when my country no April salary
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by martineverest(m): 9:49pm On May 13, 2020
GreenKalada:

Oga those people were already infected
and china that just locked down 2 cities today?
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by banio: 9:49pm On May 13, 2020
Seun:

Good points.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by dederocs(m): 9:49pm On May 13, 2020
Farki:

Why the insults, are you really so bad at getting your point across like a reasonable adult?

I am simply explaining a reality you are trying to ignore, most of the people on the streets aren't following these rules, your insults won't change that.

If you fall victim don't complain, don't cry to the government don't cry to God, that's all I will say.
Oga care for yourself and your family, as usual...i hate hypocrisy...you people must think before you talk, the only thing we do in Lagos is to hustle...who will feed you, pay the rent,Corona does not kill everyone it infects, but you guys want to destroy everyone with lockdown. no one cares for anyone,we must stop acting like we care...Sanwo Olu should think well.
Nigeria has always been all man for himself, people are dying everyday, what do you care, what makes Coro death different?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Farki: 9:50pm On May 13, 2020
fortran12:

Its mortality rate is too low that many will die. Do u know other things kill more than corona? How come there has not beem lock down over those diseases? The media is presenting a mole hill as a mountain to you.

Like I said if you fall victim don't complain. Most of the leading causes of death in both Africa and the West are preventable and treatable.

COVID-19 is also preventable but we are fighting the same preventive measures. It's like someone insisting that they should drink from a gutter regardless of if they get cholera.

Countries more advanced than Nigeria tried to downplay the issue and now they have changed their tone after realising how serious it was. It's now the same Nigeria that you complain about 24/7 that you expect to be fine.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Omoeleniyan: 9:50pm On May 13, 2020
No lockdown
Igi ewedu oni wo pawa ooo

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by FlordFlorez(m): 9:51pm On May 13, 2020
Chikelue2000:
Mr man u still don't comprehend...do u?....I am saying d online polls will only be done by a selected....advantage sector of d society while millions vote n opinion won't count....the poor mostly
U lack enlightment on how things like this work. Whats now the essence of sample survey? Do u expect all the populance of Lagos to vote. Even during Nigeria presidential election, despite our large population of over 200millions only handful of 20millions vote (not online o, ballot voting) despite wayo voting o, manipulation of votes, etc. What am saying in ensence is that every group of people living in lagos are well represented online, mr man.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by idtwo: 9:52pm On May 13, 2020
[/color]"The economy my foot"---- you said.
You seem NOT to be aware of how hard life is for many Nigerians. Which govt will revive your personal economy when it goes under? Which govt will pay your bills, cater for your loved ones and put food on your table? Which govt? Yet you said govt will revive the economy? The economy that matters most when the chips are down is your own personal economy.
The Lockdown is NOT a solution, it is taking away people's livelihood, ruining lives and making other equally important & serious health challenges to be ignored. Isn't it clear with what we have seen after the last one, that lockdown is NOT a solution for our own situation.

[
You also talk about the economy! Awww what a kind way to show how much you love the economy, ECONOMY MY FOOT! T
The economy u love so much is being manhandled by the ruling elits who plunder and loot from the proceeds of the economy, while the poor man on the street is left to die!

My parting words to you seun DO NOT WORRY SO MUCH ABOUT THE ECONOMY BECAUSE WHEN THE ECONOMY GOES DOWN , GOVERNMENT KNOWS HOW TO REVIVE THE ECONOMY[/quote][color=#990000]
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by princeabba(m): 9:52pm On May 13, 2020
What the government should understand is that, with the lock down in place. The economy plunge deeper into a worse one. I fear when death will increase not due to the Virus but hunger. As it already happening. Lord have mercy and let God's grace continue to flourish in our lives.
Jan bless.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Azano(m): 9:52pm On May 13, 2020
KingKingKing:

You are damn funny, Did you just say use facemasks? Don't you go out on the streets to see how non compliant Lagosians are? A lot of people do not value their lives thereby putting the lives of those who value their lives at risk!

The only language Nigerians understand is "Force" we gotta learn the hard way , we have sworn to be defiant and non compliant then we have to be locked up once again so as to protect those who are vulnerable from getting infected !

You also talk about the economy! Awww what a kind way to show how much you love the economy, ECONOMY MY FOOT! T
The economy u love so much is being manhandled by the ruling elits who plunder and loot from the proceeds of the economy, while the poor man on the street is left to die!

My parting words to you seun DO NOT WORRY SO MUCH ABOUT THE ECONOMY BECAUSE WHEN THE ECONOMY GOES DOWN , GOVERNMENT KNOWS HOW TO REVIVE THE ECONOMY, WORRY ABOUT YOUR LIFE AND THE LIVES OF THOSE YOU LOVE BECAUSE WHEN THEY ARE LOST, GOVERNMENT HAS GOT NO CLUE ON HOW TO REVIVE THEM.

A HEALTHY LIFE IS A HEALTHY ECONOMY!
well said. God bless u for this

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by dederocs(m): 9:53pm On May 13, 2020
Farki:

Like I said if you fall victim don't complain. Most of the leading causes of death in both Africa and the West are preventable and treatable.

COVID-19 is also preventable but we are fighting the same preventive measures. It's like someone insisting that they should drink from a gutter regardless of if they get cholera.

Countries more advanced than Nigeria tried to downplay the issue and now they have changed their tone after realising how serious it was. It's now the same Nigeria that you complain about 24/7 that you expect to be fine.
stop talking nonsense, countries are opening up for business...stop acting like you care for others, protect yourself or stay inside.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by ojobek: 9:54pm On May 13, 2020
Lazy government that can not take decision on his own,AWON WERE

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by dederocs(m): 9:54pm On May 13, 2020
idtwo:
You seem NOT to be aware of how hard life is for many Nigerians. Which govt will revive your personal economy when it goes under? Which govt will pay your bills, cater for your loved ones and put food on your table? Which govt? Yet you said govt will revive the economy? The economy that matters most when the chips are down is your own personal economy.
The Lockdown is NOT a solution, it is taking away people's livelihood, ruining lives and making other equally important & serious health challenges to be ignored. Isn't it clear with what we have seen after the last one, that lockdown is NOT a solution for our own situation.

[

My parting words to you seun DO NOT WORRY SO MUCH ABOUT THE ECONOMY BECAUSE WHEN THE ECONOMY GOES DOWN , GOVERNMENT KNOWS HOW TO REVIVE THE ECONOMY[color=#990000]
worry about your own life.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Mrpojj(m): 9:55pm On May 13, 2020
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/covid-19-lagos-subjects-fresh-lockdown-to-online-vote/
Those saying that there shud be lock down are pple who have enough resources, and are scared
The poor don't want this lock down
Remember its in this country that we have over 100 million pple living below a dollar per day poverty line, and at that they have to still go out every day to get money to eat, and you want to lock them down...

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by eleko1: 9:55pm On May 13, 2020
angry They should free us from dis scam.Allow pipu to work and earn their living.Is it government dat can’t give palliative to the pipu that will help us pay landlord or what? Are we going to suffocate ourselves with face mask dat u can even inhale/perceived sour reheated Egusi soup from 3 rd house ,dirty drainage.Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by fortran12: 9:58pm On May 13, 2020
Farki:

Its a fact that some people are immune to the virus. The virus mainly kills people with underlying conditions and old people.These are the people the focus should be on. Most healthy people get well. Sweden did not lock down and the morality rate is no different than their neighbors. Most of the deaths in Sweden are from old peoples' homes.
Nigeria shld stop copying other countries and choose the solution that works best for her. Lock down is not a solution. Its just a way of postponing the inevitable. Learn to live with the virus and keep the healthy ones working while you focus on the old and vulnerable.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Olusheyi1(m): 9:59pm On May 13, 2020
KingKingKing:

You are damn funny, Did you just say use facemasks? Don't you go out on the streets to see how non compliant Lagosians are? A lot of people do not value their lives thereby putting the lives of those who value their lives at risk!

The only language Nigerians understand is "Force" we gotta learn the hard way , we have sworn to be defiant and non compliant then we have to be locked up once again so as to protect those who are vulnerable from getting infected !

My parting words to you seun DO NOT WORRY SO MUCH ABOUT THE ECONOMY BECAUSE WHEN THE ECONOMY GOES DOWN , GOVERNMENT KNOWS HOW TO REVIVE THE ECONOMY, WORRY ABOUT YOUR LIFE AND THE LIVES OF THOSE YOU LOVE BECAUSE WHEN THEY ARE LOST, GOVERNMENT HAS GOT NO CLUE ON HOW TO REVIVE THEM.

A HEALTHY LIFE IS A HEALTHY ECONOMY!

It's not about people not valuing their lives. It's about enforcement. There will always be deviance.

It appears like our government takes pleasure in just talking in the name of giving orders and that's all. They expect 20m or 200m+ people to all behave the same way by wearing face mask just like that?

Even advanced countries that give palliatives have almost automated security officers to enforce laws and order. If not for enforcement of law and order, would we really need any money sucking government in the first place?

Police officers that are employees of the government, yet the same government can't control them. Then what does the government know how to do?

Even in reviving economy, all they know how to do is queue for oil money and to turn to the citizens with series of direct and indirect levies.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by GeneralPula: 10:00pm On May 13, 2020
fatymore:
No lock down again biko....

I need to get married please

Lockdown or no lockdown, if marriage don set for you, nothing can stop it.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by GeneralPula: 10:01pm On May 13, 2020
sad
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Farki: 10:02pm On May 13, 2020
dederocs:

stop talking nonsense, countries are opening up for business...stop acting like you care for others, protect yourself or stay inside.

Countries that have managed to control the spread with people who are actually following the guidelines. Even at that only very few business are allowed to open. Are you comparing a well organised society to Lagos where anything goes?

My work requires me to be in contact with possibly infected people throughout the day, so please could you not be an ass and try to actually understand the situation. Save your remarks for people on the streets flouting the rules, it's not me that's going to restart the lockdown but them.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by divineappo(m): 10:04pm On May 13, 2020
Seun:

pls send me your number, we need to discuss how we can move this nation forward

Lol

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by eleko1: 10:04pm On May 13, 2020
idtwo:

[

My parting words to you seun DO NOT WORRY SO MUCH ABOUT THE ECONOMY BECAUSE WHEN THE ECONOMY GOES DOWN , GOVERNMENT KNOWS HOW TO REVIVE THE ECONOMY[color=#990000]
wic government knows how to revive the Economy? Will the same worthless,hopeless,useless government that can’t give u even 2k ,will revive the economy? The government that beg up/down? Better brace up for hard time ahead.If NLC see doom day ahead with d continue lockdown,who u be? Beta put on ur thinking cap

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by uchrikk(m): 10:04pm On May 13, 2020
Where is the state Twitter handle, let me go and vote my capital NO. Healthy people shouldn't be locked down. They have to discipline themselves and learn how to avoid the virus. Simple.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote by Galactico4ever(m): 10:05pm On May 13, 2020
Just see as Nairalanders Dey Quote Seun anyhow,expecting a reply.Una still de learn work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

June 12- Governor Seyi Makinde Joins Protesters In Ibadan (Video) / DSS, Police, Soldiers Attempt To Arrest Sunday Igboho — FFK (Video) / Pictures Of Sambo Dasuki With Family Members After His Release From Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.