Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

My Journey To Motherhood - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Journey To Motherhood (57372 Views)

My Journey To Ikoyi Prison / Viral Photo Of 4 Friends Before And After Motherhood / Single Motherhood, My Tears And Fears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Motherhood by intruder15(m): 1:11pm On May 15, 2020
Omojudy:
I think it's time I dropped my childbearing story.

Thirteen years ago, aged 22, I married right out of university without the wisdom to realise the importance of finding my feet first. My husband was 11 years older than me. He wasn't rich but I thought we loved each other. Youth service year I conceived but lost it right out of service.

Hubby was helped to get a good job, stable government job by my family. When I lost my first pregnancy, we were staying a few months with his parents due to our financial situation, my father in law said to me after that loss while my husband travelled "did your ladies in the water say to you that the day you give birth you would die?"

With the new job right after the loss, we moved back home and continued our lives. Three more miscarriages came along with many drama ranging from deliverances to traditional midwives to in law's commanding the home.

Finally one day almost 5 years later, hubby travels and his father calls my aunty to tell her that "they don't want to marry their daughter again". I was at work when aunty broke the news to me. I travelled that night to the inlaws with my aunty and grand mother to beg, we were not given audience. They didn't even open their gate despite we could see my husband's car in the compound.

At 9pm my companions begged me to go home with them, I refused and chose to spend the night in a shed close by. The was no electricity in the neighbourhood, everywhere was dark. At midnight Power was restored, and from the shed I was hiding, I saw my father in law walking round the compound spraying incense, (he attended celestial church) I call out to him "daddy, daddy" obviously he hears me but does like I am a ghost.

At that point, I knew I was wasting my time, I started trekking. I trekked to the motor park which was very far, vigilantes stopped me numerous time and my tearful face made them not question me too much......a lot of drama in between, I traveled back and resume dwork while praying and fasting for his return. Mehn I lost weight without even trying. I met many scam pastors which are another story.........

One day, I suddenly realized I may have the password to hubby's Facebook, I tried it and it worked. What I saw pained me but it gave me strength knowing the break up wasn't because of anything he was accusing me of (like saying a pastor revealed to him that I was sent into his life by Kingdom of darkness to destroy him. To this I asked if Kingdom of darkness gave jobs, he said he has repaid me ie Kingdom of darkness back in connecting me to the job I had then which didn't last. Oh he wanted me to be paying my salary to him by the way).

So I got some courage to begin living again at this point and apply for a divorce. To this he also said "that good wives wait for their husbands no matter how long they go, but me I ran to apply because I want to remarry."

We got to court and he was accompanied by his father and them claiming that hubby didn't abscond but I did. Guess they were afraid I wanted to request compensation. Walking out of court, his father waves at me and I wonder why.
He was barely divorced then remarried and yes has kids now. Things went sour with my place of work and I relocated to a bigger city and that was my fresh start.

Met my husband two years after the divorce, I hid nothing from him especially my challenges with infertility. We got married same year. And got pregnant and miscarried. Second pregnancy for now hubby, I was put on cerclage, yet the pregnancy still ended and I almost ended with it as my body was going into shock due to its inability to dispel the dead foetus since a cerclage held the products in.

I had an history of pregnancy losses at 14 weeks. After 8 miscarriages and no living child, I visited more hospitals, met insensitive money alone conscious doctors, finally a correct diagnosis was made.

I had no demons worrying me, my womb was just too small to carry to term, it wasn't expanding with the pregnancies. An hysteroscopy was the procedure used to diagnose this.

Getting a diagnosis at last was some sort of relief, but what can we do doctor I asked? Doctor said "have you considered adoption?" I was shattered.

I went home and discussed it with my husband. We agreed to adopt and we applied two years ago. We only just got feed back few weeks ago from them self.

Then one day I was on social media and I saw someone advertise needing a surrogate and like a light bulb the idea stuck, I wrote to the woman and we started chatting. One day her Status said she needed someone to donate blood for a relative of hers and I say where to an online stranger I had never met. That was the first day I met my good friend Mrs R. I also put up an advert for a surrogate as I couldn't afford to the price agencies were charging. After two bad experiences, I finally got one good person that we could afford. And God just sent money mysteriously.

Then when God wants to turn your story around, you know it's just your time. I paid for one cycle at the hospital we used, already looking for money in case the first cycle did not work, guess what?

IT WORKED! MY TWIN DAUGHTERS ARE 3 MONTHS OLD NOW.

This is not your everyday testimony, I no get time to dey give testimony like some people wey go go church dey say "after waiting for 20 years, God blessed us with triplets, tell the journey when telling your testimony sisters, don't let the holy sister at the back waiting for a similar miracle be thinking God doesn't answer her prayers. Be real, stop pretending.

Edited:
Please someone take me to front page for the first time in my life na. ����

Congrats dear.
Re: My Journey To Motherhood by nnaamehn(m): 1:11pm On May 15, 2020
wow, lovely congrats sis.. u are blessed
Re: My Journey To Motherhood by Bbbwings: 1:11pm On May 15, 2020
mbanefoeze:
Please tell us d aftermath of ur first husband..
Wat is his stand right now
What has she got to do with him again?
Re: My Journey To Motherhood by Bbbwings: 1:13pm On May 15, 2020
Sweetcho:

Twins or triplets?

Twins or triplets?
How did you pass jamb?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Motherhood by eniolorunfe: 1:13pm On May 15, 2020
Congratulations Iya Ibeji grin
God bless and keep them!!!
Re: My Journey To Motherhood by Eketem: 1:14pm On May 15, 2020
Thank you very much OP. Beautiful honest and informative testimony, I am glad you got a diagnosis, after the 3rd miscarriage this is exactly what came to mind, I am glad you found a hospital where that properly diagonised you.

I am happy you married an amazing man and didn't stay and die miserably with the first man who seems to have no sense.

I hope your testimony inspires others to be more honest and seek the right help.

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful babies. May they grow in grace and strength

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Motherhood by Natudu: 1:14pm On May 15, 2020
An inspiring story. Your husband is a good and mature man. I will like to buy him a beer.
And to you, lady. you are a strong and bold woman. God will use you and your girls mightily. You will be blessed beyond your expectations simply because you refused to lie to yourself and to your God. You also chose to believe God for who He is.
Re: My Journey To Motherhood by Omojudy: 1:14pm On May 15, 2020
mbanefoeze:
Please tell us d aftermath of ur first husband..
Wat is his stand right now
May I give you his phone number please? Smiles.

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Motherhood by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 15, 2020
Omojudy:

I did share it on two Facebook groups and am sharing it everywhere I think to. Feel free to share it for me to with link to my handle or my name at the base so people will actually follow me thank God, then be motivated on their own journey.
okay. But I don't understand that surrogate part. Did u give birth to the children yourself? Or was it with the help of a surrogate mother? Please clarify me
Re: My Journey To Motherhood by Parkleader: 1:18pm On May 15, 2020
Bonapart:
madam you started well and ended very badly in trying to discredit the work of God. Life itself is a waste of time no matter your achievement. Heaven alone counts. Congratulations mrs surrogacy or whatever its called
Stop living in the past bro grin this is 21st century

Congrats

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Motherhood by prettymaxy(f): 1:18pm On May 15, 2020
Congratulations mama Omojudy.
May the twins bring you and your husband all the Joy you need. Am thankful to God for all he did for you and your family throughout this journey. I see you Sis!

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Motherhood by Eketem: 1:18pm On May 15, 2020
Trayceey:
okay. But I don't understand that surrogate part. Did u give birth to the children yourself? Or was it with the help of a surrogate mother? Please clarify me

Her womb is small it doesn't expand as it is supposed to when she carries a baby in it.

So her eggs and her husband's sperm was fertilized in a hospital and injected into a surrogate mother who carried the baby to term and handed them over.

I hope you are clear now.

10 Likes

Re: My Journey To Motherhood by cjwalter(m): 1:21pm On May 15, 2020
Congratulations dear...God helps those who help themselves

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Motherhood by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 15, 2020
Wow! A beautiful story. You're a strong woman. I'm proud of you.
Re: My Journey To Motherhood by sigiyaya(m): 1:25pm On May 15, 2020
Omojudy:

Thirteen years ago, aged 22, I married right out of university without the wisdom to realise the importance of finding my feet first. My husband was 11 years older than me. He wasn't rich but I thought we loved each other. Youth service year I conceived but lost it right out of service.

Hubby was helped to get a good job, stable government job by my family. When I lost my first pregnancy, we were staying a few months with his parents due to our financial situation, my father in law said to me after that loss while my husband travelled "did your ladies in the water say to you that the day you give birth you would die?"

With the new job right after the loss, we moved back home and continued our lives. Three more miscarriages came along with many drama ranging from deliverances to traditional midwives to in law's commanding the home.

Finally one day almost 5 years later, hubby travels and his father calls my aunty to tell her that "they don't want to marry their daughter again". I was at work when aunty broke the news to me. I travelled that night to the inlaws with my aunty and grand mother to beg, we were not given audience. They didn't even open their gate despite we could see my husband's car in the compound.

At 9pm my companions begged me to go home with them, I refused and chose to spend the night in a shed close by. The was no electricity in the neighbourhood, everywhere was dark. At midnight Power was restored, and from the shed I was hiding, I saw my father in law walking round the compound spraying incense, (he attended celestial church) I call out to him "daddy, daddy" obviously he hears me but does like I am a ghost.

At that point, I knew I was wasting my time, I started trekking. I trekked to the motor park which was very far, vigilantes stopped me numerous time and my tearful face made them not question me too much......a lot of drama in between, I traveled back and resume dwork while praying and fasting for his return. Mehn I lost weight without even trying. I met many scam pastors which are another story.........

One day, I suddenly realized I may have the password to hubby's Facebook, I tried it and it worked. What I saw pained me but it gave me strength knowing the break up wasn't because of anything he was accusing me of (like saying a pastor revealed to him that I was sent into his life by Kingdom of darkness to destroy him. To this I asked if Kingdom of darkness gave jobs, he said he has repaid me ie Kingdom of darkness back in connecting me to the job I had then which didn't last. Oh he wanted me to be paying my salary to him by the way).

So I got some courage to begin living again at this point and apply for a divorce. To this he also said "that good wives wait for their husbands no matter how long they go, but me I ran to apply because I want to remarry."

We got to court and he was accompanied by his father and them claiming that hubby didn't abscond but I did. Guess they were afraid I wanted to request compensation. Walking out of court, his father waves at me and I wonder why.
He was barely divorced then remarried and yes has kids now. Things went sour with my place of work and I relocated to a bigger city and that was my fresh start.

Met my husband two years after the divorce, I hid nothing from him especially my challenges with infertility. We got married same year. And got pregnant and miscarried. Second pregnancy for now hubby, I was put on cerclage, yet the pregnancy still ended and I almost ended with it as my body was going into shock due to its inability to dispel the dead foetus since a cerclage held the products in.

I had an history of pregnancy losses at 14 weeks. After 8 miscarriages and no living child, I visited more hospitals, met insensitive money alone conscious doctors, finally a correct diagnosis was made.

I had no demons worrying me, my womb was just too small to carry to term, it wasn't expanding with the pregnancies. An hysteroscopy was the procedure used to diagnose this.

Getting a diagnosis at last was some sort of relief, but what can we do doctor I asked? Doctor said "have you considered adoption?" I was shattered.

I went home and discussed it with my husband. We agreed to adopt and we applied two years ago. We only just got feed back few weeks ago from them self.

Then one day I was on social media and I saw someone advertise needing a surrogate and like a light bulb the idea stuck, I wrote to the woman and we started chatting. One day her Status said she needed someone to donate blood for a relative of hers and I say where to an online stranger I had never met. That was the first day I met my good friend Mrs R. I also put up an advert for a surrogate as I couldn't afford to the price agencies were charging. After two bad experiences, I finally got one good person that we could afford. And God just sent money mysteriously.

Then when God wants to turn your story around, you know it's just your time. I paid for one cycle at the hospital we used, already looking for money in case the first cycle did not work, guess what?

This is not your everyday testimony, I no get time to dey give testimony like some people wey go go church dey say "after waiting for 20 years, God blessed us with triplets, tell the journey when telling your testimony sisters, don't let the holy sister at the back waiting for a similar miracle be thinking God doesn't answer her prayers. Be real, stop pretending.

Edited:
Good thing that you didn't waste so much time with those con scammers called men of God because they would have added to your problem after extortion.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Motherhood by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 15, 2020
Eketem:

Her womb is small it doesn't expand as it is supposed to when she carries a baby in it.

So her eggs and her husband's sperm was fertilized in a hospital and injected into a surrogate mother who carried the baby to term and handed them over.

I hope you are clear now.
okay. Now I get it
Re: My Journey To Motherhood by cherishyy(f): 1:27pm On May 15, 2020
Congratulations once again Omojudy I always go on Instagram just see your post. They always make my day. God bless and keep your los

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Motherhood by humilitypays(m): 1:29pm On May 15, 2020
Touching cry cry
Re: My Journey To Motherhood by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 15, 2020
Wow!!! This is a beautiful testimonial!! Twins! Girls!! You’re blessed mama kiss congratulations!

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Motherhood by azpekuliar: 1:35pm On May 15, 2020
farady:
Congratulations. I was really intrigued by your story. Didn't know of a medical condition wherein the womb will be too small to carry a baby. Only knew of when a birth canal (i guess that's the cervix) can be too small for normal delivery, hence the need for CS.

Me too
Re: My Journey To Motherhood by VickyRotex(f): 1:38pm On May 15, 2020
Ebenezer2021:

BABANGBALI your wife don come back oh after how many years cheesy
Bad market for Dominique tongue
CC enemyofprogress

Smh. 1 person, 100 monikers. When you wan change?

Re: My Journey To Motherhood by nikkflexible(f): 1:46pm On May 15, 2020
Wow!! Congratulations strong woman. I salute your courage and strength
Re: My Journey To Motherhood by sayso: 1:47pm On May 15, 2020
Please madam forgive your former hubby. Simon was compelled to carry the cross, not every person stands by you in tough times. I bet your former will be feeling bad now.
Re: My Journey To Motherhood by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 15, 2020
Congrats
Re: My Journey To Motherhood by showafrica(m): 1:52pm On May 15, 2020
joey150:
Well, since nobody will mention it, thanks to the brains behind the science that made your surrogacy possible and the surrogate lady too.

Maybe your story will inspire other couples facing a similar situation to explore this possibility too.

And of course, thanks to God, the giver of all wisdom and knowledge.

Congratulations Madam!

Yes, I noticed too no one complimented the surrogacy. Imagine all the money given to fake pastors, some pastors may even want to have canal knowledge on top the matter. I believe when one prays sincerely, ur prayers are answered but u just need to apply little knowledge. Congrats to her

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Motherhood by Mildred26(f): 1:53pm On May 15, 2020
Omojudy:

Edited:

Congratulations. Wisdom comes from God and he blessed you with it for life's fulfillment

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Motherhood by eriko4life(m): 1:56pm On May 15, 2020
congratulations
Re: My Journey To Motherhood by Ezilady(f): 1:57pm On May 15, 2020
You're indeed a strong woman...God bless you and ur daughters...congratulations ..
Indeed there is always light at d end of a tunnel
Re: My Journey To Motherhood by dissybling(f): 1:59pm On May 15, 2020
congratulations..
Re: My Journey To Motherhood by chocolatelady(f): 2:03pm On May 15, 2020
Congratulations. Thanks be to God !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Olachi Manndarin Emmanuel Dies After Husband Allegedly Abandoned Her / Nigerian Man Is Searching For A Husband For His Mother (Photos) / Rich Humphreys: 6-Month-Old Baby Breaks World Record For Youngest Water Skier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.