Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother - Romance (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother (91899 Views)

What Happened Between Me And A Girl Few Minutes Ago (PICTURES) / This Is What Happened Between This Female Banker And I / Man Confused As His Girlfriend And His Friend Fight Over Food. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by NomzyJust(m): 10:05am On May 18, 2020
For the umpteenth time here they have told men to stop footing a girls bill when she is in school. Her father and mother being fully alive with both legs and arms functional.

She's your girlfriend and already you're cohabiting with her. What if she leaves you by 25th of this month, next month, tomorrow?

Truly, truly, love is truly blind.
Open your eyes and see the light OP.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Drizzy5001(m): 10:07am On May 18, 2020
Oga u and this ur girlfriend sef, all the things wey u dey post for Nairaland, na girlfriend matter .
It's obvious she's not meant for you, dump her ass and move on. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Maobichek: 10:09am On May 18, 2020
Ningen:

You didn't scold your girlfriend; the one with the terrible anger issues but scolded your mother??

Chei! Your ancestors must be whirling in pain.

Keep tolerating her “anger”.

She'll put it to good use oneday and strike sense into your head, then you'll know it's time to RUN.

It'll end in tears.

God bless you, I wonder why some guys can't reason well; a girl who has anger problem is a disaster waiting to happen, thank you.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by olawale1516(m): 10:12am On May 18, 2020
Your girl is not mature and she have some pysco problem.. sorry to say

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by CeCeEkol(f): 10:14am On May 18, 2020
If you were close to me right now i would have given you a dirty slap.... nonsense. ask me why? am very angry with you, very angry. everybody has triggers but its not the responsibility of others to tiptoe around you, so that we don't wake the great lion. nonsense! and look at you telling me you scolded your mum, over what? that girl will deal with you very well if you don't put an end to her rubbish and relationship.
i hope you don't intend to marry her? till she pours you hot water, that is when you will understand the kind of gibberish you have as a girlfriend. break that relationship NOW. let her go and work on her issues, she's misbehaving because you have allowed it, don't think she will change after marriage...no it will get worse. its this type of girl that will stab you to death just because she saw you talking to another girl innocently. Good thing she has many toasters, there are many girls as well for you too, go out and find someone compatible with you.

calmly now: young man, you are simply in a toxic relationship with someone who does not want to change or work on herself. be careful, RIP is always easy to write and then life goes on....hope you understand.

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by inteli: 10:16am On May 18, 2020
ChybuzzDD:
This idiot has been thoroughly and deservedly condemned by everyone who has commented so far.
There's nothing else left for elders like us to say.
Kudos to all who commented, and rightly performed the work of the elders.
Good night, idiot! I pray your brain resets on waking up tomorrow morning.

Excellently submitted. Best piece I've read so far on this rubbish story.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Salt06(m): 10:17am On May 18, 2020
mamaafrik:
Op,skuru,squirrel dey your head,i can bet that you are not Yoruba.

If you are ,your sister alone self for don treat her forkup for your presence by tearing her better,tear leather slap.

You scolded your mom for a misdemeanor caused by your girlfriend,that you know yourself??

They should have listened to the priest when you were young,oloun,They should have used you for sacrifice .

The bolded got me laughing cheesy. OP that lady is acting like everything centers around her and you allowed it. She's like a spoilt child that gets all she wants by throwing tantrums and your quiet laid-back attitude is acting as an enabler. Calling her to order is helping her not to self destruct in the nearest future
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Sixfeetbelle: 10:17am On May 18, 2020
Kenturkey048:
cautioning your mum when she steps out of her lane isn't a problem but scolding her for a statement she jokingly made is a big problem ...

Sure I agree with you. It's good to see that at least one person agrees parents aren't gods wink
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by LaJoe2: 10:20am On May 18, 2020
And you said she is a good wife material.

I think your the one who needs that brain resetting slap.

People who find themselves in bad marriages, in GOD's infinite mercy, HE always gives them a sign but most people choose to overlook or remain blind to see.

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by TransflectTP(m): 10:22am On May 18, 2020
Obviously and certainly, everybody here cannot be wrong. Op, I urge you to take time and read through all the comments on this thread and realize how people are condemning her acts and calling for a break up after foreseeing the impending calamity in the future. Again, everyone here cannot be wrong. Take a wise decision by quitting that nonsense you call relationship. It's not all about how many rounds of sex and style you people are having today. Those things will certainly fade away.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Sixfeetbelle: 10:26am On May 18, 2020
Evercurious:

Are you insane? Or you don craze before? God forbid bad thing for your side..

If I admit that I'm insane, will it help you comprehend what I wrote? cheesy
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by wisdomkid: 10:26am On May 18, 2020
I can't hold it.... this guy is a shame to his family ancestral line. Wrapped around the finger of a woman because of what?
1. beauty.
2. breast.
3. her hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

You're a shame.. And you have the audacity to say I can't break up with her?
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by sheyiofficial(m): 10:26am On May 18, 2020
funkmrflexx:
We Have Been Dating For 1 Year and 6 months now. I’ve met her parents, we wanted to get married last year but her dad told me to wait till she finishes school which is supposed to be next year. I’m 25 years old and she’s 22 .

I live alone in the city while my mom lives in the village. My younger sister who I’m sponsoring through school sometimes comes to my place during holidays and weekends. My girlfriend practically lives with me because she comes from a type of an Abusive family. So she lives with me and I even assist her with school fees and house rents sometimes. I’ve spent even more than her father for her school.

Everyone In my family knows her and she’s a very wonderful girl. Typical wife material. She supports me every time even when I’m broke. I’m not the type of guy that dates a lot of girls . I don’t even cheat on her. Since I met her I’ve done away with a lot of ladies. I’m 100% committed to the relationship

But the problem is that she Has very bad anger issues. I mean she can destroy your property when she’s angry and I’m the quiet type. I don’t like hitting a lady execpt once in a while a general brain resetting slap. When she starts she doesn’t listen to anyone. Not me, not even her parents. So anytime she’s angry like this I will just find a way to make her laugh. Both of you can just be eating and she will get angry if you ate the fleshy part of the meat and left oily part for her (we have quarreled because of that I mean serious quarrel) . Sometimes I get tired of the whole situation. At the end even when she’s wrong I’ll let her for peace to reign. So I try to manage the anger at home so it shouldn’t go out

So we went to visit my mom in the yesterday. Because of curfew we slept over. So my mom bought us mangos this morning and told us to carry.

My girlfriend then said she doesn’t like mango that if I want to eat my mango I should carry it myself. Then my mom (she is the type that always shouts at every body. The real wahala woman) told her that if she can’t carry the mango then she should just put it on my head for me to carry na (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na).

That was the only thing my mom said. Then she sparked. Started shouting at my mom. That she should stop talking to her like that, that she doesn’t like it. In fact she’s going home. So she carried her bag and started going home. Every one in the compound started saying it’s ok (Na dat thing why dem tell u Dey make u Dey vex so) she was still shouting. I was even try to calm her down but no way. She was still shouting. Even my sister who had never seen her angry before became angry (na so you b? She said). I was really disappointed In her

The issue is what even made me angry is how she reacted. If she didn’t like what my mom said made her angry. At least she should have waited till we got home (this was the first time we were both sleeping over) then she would tell me. Or she could have called my sister and told her what my mom said. After all the fracas, she went inside the room till we left. I just told everybody to just leave her.

So when we got home I told her what she did was wrong that she shouldn’t have reacted like that. Na there war start. She started yelling and shouting at me that if my mom talks to everyone like that she won’t take it (my plan was to tell her that she should apologize to her. Because my mom already apologized that she won’t talk to her again like that. Which I know she will o . So we can just forget about the issue. But she never accepts she’s wrong ) She said I took her to my village to intimidate her in front of my family people, I was really angry and called her uncle and told him what happened. He said there was nothing wrong with what my mom told her (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na) and that he would talk to her .

I even scolded my mom before I left that I didn’t like what she said what she did that’s she was just causing issue. My girlfriend said when my mom said the word (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na) that I should have immediately rebuked my mom. But me sef no see anything wrong with what my mom said( If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na)

I just Dey follow her uncle advise and leave her be until she calms down and I talk to her

So my people what’s offensive in this word? If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na)

But this her attitude don tire me. Break up is not on the card for me at least not yet. She always thinks that they are other guys out there because she has a lot of toasters but I know they can’t do quarter of what I’m doing for her. In this modern time it’s difficult to see a guy who will allow his girlfriend stay with him thereby losing his freedom to do certain things. A guy who doesn’t cheat, a guy who takes care of her does everything for her .

I just think the things she went through in her family is affecting her physiological. And sometimes when I think about leaving her I feel pity because she can’t go back to her parents house.

who allow 22 yrs old to talk to your mother that way, are you stupid...
there is nothing wrong with her, she is behaving like s child, threatening her with break up, her head go come back
most of the dey wise up later from age 26

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by omalicha2: 10:28am On May 18, 2020
This is not ordinary oo. She is using juju on you. Borrow leg run oo. A stitch in time saves nine. You are too decent to enter this kind wahala ooo.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Nobody: 10:28am On May 18, 2020
Your Topmost Priority now in the so called relationship should be BREAK UP!!!!

Your Topmost Priority now in your Life should be TO APPEASE YOUR MAMA!!!!

Quit being a SPINELESS APOLOGY OF A MAN in the name of being Romantic.

We do these people the favor by being with them and not the other way round.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Dibodibo(m): 10:34am On May 18, 2020
I just dey cry for your situation
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Mypeople2(m): 10:41am On May 18, 2020
funkmrflexx:
We Have Been Dating For 1 Year and 6 months now. I’ve met her parents, we wanted to get married last year but her dad told me to wait till she finishes school which is supposed to be next year. I’m 25 years old and she’s 22 .

I live alone in the city while my mom lives in the village. My younger sister who I’m sponsoring through school sometimes comes to my place during holidays and weekends. My girlfriend practically lives with me because she comes from a type of an Abusive family. So she lives with me and I even assist her with school fees and house rents sometimes. I’ve spent even more than her father for her school.

Everyone In my family knows her and she’s a very wonderful girl. Typical wife material. She supports me every time even when I’m broke. I’m not the type of guy that dates a lot of girls . I don’t even cheat on her. Since I met her I’ve done away with a lot of ladies. I’m 100% committed to the relationship

But the problem is that she Has very bad anger issues. I mean she can destroy your property when she’s angry and I’m the quiet type. I don’t like hitting a lady execpt once in a while a general brain resetting slap. When she starts she doesn’t listen to anyone. Not me, not even her parents. So anytime she’s angry like this I will just find a way to make her laugh. Both of you can just be eating and she will get angry if you ate the fleshy part of the meat and left oily part for her (we have quarreled because of that I mean serious quarrel) . Sometimes I get tired of the whole situation. At the end even when she’s wrong I’ll let her for peace to reign. So I try to manage the anger at home so it shouldn’t go out

So we went to visit my mom in the yesterday. Because of curfew we slept over. So my mom bought us mangos this morning and told us to carry.

My girlfriend then said she doesn’t like mango that if I want to eat my mango I should carry it myself. Then my mom (she is the type that always shouts at every body. The real wahala woman) told her that if she can’t carry the mango then she should just put it on my head for me to carry na (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na).

That was the only thing my mom said. Then she sparked. Started shouting at my mom. That she should stop talking to her like that, that she doesn’t like it. In fact she’s going home. So she carried her bag and started going home. Every one in the compound started saying it’s ok (Na dat thing why dem tell u Dey make u Dey vex so) she was still shouting. I was even try to calm her down but no way. She was still shouting. Even my sister who had never seen her angry before became angry (na so you b? She said). I was really disappointed In her

The issue is what even made me angry is how she reacted. If she didn’t like what my mom said made her angry. At least she should have waited till we got home (this was the first time we were both sleeping over) then she would tell me. Or she could have called my sister and told her what my mom said. After all the fracas, she went inside the room till we left. I just told everybody to just leave her.

So when we got home I told her what she did was wrong that she shouldn’t have reacted like that. Na there war start. She started yelling and shouting at me that if my mom talks to everyone like that she won’t take it (my plan was to tell her that she should apologize to her. Because my mom already apologized that she won’t talk to her again like that. Which I know she will o . So we can just forget about the issue. But she never accepts she’s wrong ) She said I took her to my village to intimidate her in front of my family people, I was really angry and called her uncle and told him what happened. He said there was nothing wrong with what my mom told her (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na) and that he would talk to her .

I even scolded my mom before I left that I didn’t like what she said what she did that’s she was just causing issue. My girlfriend said when my mom said the word (If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na) that I should have immediately rebuked my mom. But me sef no see anything wrong with what my mom said( If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na)

I just Dey follow her uncle advise and leave her be until she calms down and I talk to her

So my people what’s offensive in this word? If you no fit carry the mango u for kuku put am for e head make e carry am na)

But this her attitude don tire me. Break up is not on the card for me at least not yet. She always thinks that they are other guys out there because she has a lot of toasters but I know they can’t do quarter of what I’m doing for her. In this modern time it’s difficult to see a guy who will allow his girlfriend stay with him thereby losing his freedom to do certain things. A guy who doesn’t cheat, a guy who takes care of her does everything for her .

I just think the things she went through in her family is affecting her physiological. And sometimes when I think about leaving her I feel pity because she can’t go back to her parents house.
OP assuming you are my younger brother, I would have given you a slap to reset your brain.You better dump that girl very fast .22years old is shouting at your mum and you went to scold your mum .You need resetting.You better dump that child .Maybe you are looking at her beauty. Fine girls full ground,so you better leave her so that she can go and date the other guys looking at her .
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Clinghton: 10:42am On May 18, 2020
I think her anger is as a result of her abusive home, it would take time but you can walk her out if it maybe a therapy.

Before investing heavily on her didn't you notice this flaw(anger), now you are finding it difficult to leave her and she doesn't even care if you leave.

Ask if she wants the relationship, because her actions are negative.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Shafiiimran99: 10:44am On May 18, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:
Ehya,
That statement is very painful. It can make someone even commit suicide.

Now that you can't break up with the girl, kuku break up with your mama
Correct man

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Opeyemi4real(m): 10:44am On May 18, 2020
GreatChizzy:

My brother, being 25 isn't an excuse to be foolish and isn't a "boy". At 25, I had married friends at ages between 35-40 I was already giving marital advises. And friends who didnt know my age
and couldd swear on their lives that I was 40.
Dont you think that 25years old boy is a Dunce? I've also seen a younger Man doing great with reasoning.

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Shafiiimran99: 10:45am On May 18, 2020
GreatChizzy:
Like seriously you "scolded" your MOTHER?
You scolded your mother for a "girl friend" whom you had already knew had anger management issues? I hope your mother has other sons besides you; because you are a shame and a reproach to that woman you call your mother.

May God not give us Sons that would scold their mothers because of girl friends.
Amiin and Amen

1 Like

Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Cree: 10:45am On May 18, 2020
I dnt know but I'm pained at the level of rubbish some guys can take from a girl. She was wrong fr even saying it in front of ur mom dat she doesnt like mangoes. Its disrespectful! It was a gift. She wd have pretended somehow. So ur mom wont feel bad. I'm a girl and I can spot dirty habits from girls. She doesnt have manners at all. And pls dont blame it on her background. Pls run fr ur life befr she will kill you with anger one day all in d name of tolerance. The hand writing is on the wall. Dont make ppl ask you "una no date bfr you marry am"
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by LovelyPoison(f): 10:46am On May 18, 2020
Firstly u should not have scolded your mom but rather apologise to her on behalf of ur gf because there was nothing wrong with the statement.
After all u av done for the girl and she still treats u like an option and she's got anger issues she's nothing but an ingrate who doesn't deserve you. From all what u said u can't cope with her and a marriage with her is fire on the mountain. Wise up and break up with her so her body will come down
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Nobody: 10:46am On May 18, 2020
And this mumu would come and advise someone about his marriage. Nuisance imagine this guy to be the president of Nigeria. U need to smoke igbo guy cause ur head no dey function well.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by optimismlaz(m): 10:46am On May 18, 2020
Thank God you called her girlfriend not wife. Don't make the mistake of making her your wife unless she changes. Go straight to that innocent woman u called mother to apologize. DO NOT MARRY HER if she continues this way, if you do your home will be worst than theirs. I for call you a FOOL but I will not
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by yinksman1: 10:49am On May 18, 2020
funkmrflexx:

Try to correct her and if she didn’t listen then she’s not ready to be your wife, you don’t have to pity her and use that to inconvenient yourself....she’s suppose to be the humble, loyal, cool and listening babe with all the things you have been doing for her. If you finally marry her there’s 80% assurance that she will do more than that & it will be too late for you to get things right (As she get a lot of toasters u self get a lot girls out their waiting for you)
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by geezynoni: 10:51am On May 18, 2020
I get one padi like that wey get babe with anger issues, she almost stabbed him, na then hin brain reset to default setting.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by danny34(m): 10:52am On May 18, 2020
funkmrflexx:

That's how w cause trouble for ourselves. Y would you scold your mom for a 22 year old girl who have not seen life. She should apologize to your mom and you should do the same for not being man enough to scold your girlfriend.

Just imagine, she expected you to scold your mom immediately and you still have time to type this and post for us. She will do worse when she is married. Better find someone older who have seen life, not a child who thinks she is been caged from freedom.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by ledaman: 10:52am On May 18, 2020
Well let me start with what you wrote about her dad first, that you have spent more that her dad Congratulations *Dangote in Making* secondly you are cohabiting with a leech with no use @ all. So because your mum made a sarcastic comments your stupid girl flare up and you starting begging her abi? I was expecting you to flog ur mama because of her which you didn't. You babe said she has many toasters that wanted her but because you are lucky to av a parasite as a babe you think you are favoured abi? I just pray when you marry her she wouldn't slap your mama.Good luck in advance for your predicaments!
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Prymestrr(m): 10:53am On May 18, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

Sure I agree with you. It's good to see that at least one person agrees parents aren't gods wink
Shebi I asked you to go and sin no more ni undecided
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by Blazebond(m): 10:54am On May 18, 2020
Break-up with the girl right now,what is wrong with you,na u need "brain resetting slap" right now.
Re: What Happened Between My Girlfriend And My Mother by QANNE(f): 10:55am On May 18, 2020
It will end in tears.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (40) (Reply)

Embarrassment: See Moment A Love Machine Fell Off Someone’s Bag At The Airport / Married Woman Dies During Sex Romp With Lover In Jos (photos) / Another Reason Why I'll Never Get Married.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.