Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,786 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! (61842 Views)

After 18 Years In America, A Guy Gifted His Friend 12 Dollars And Hes Not Happy / Nigerian Man Celebrates As He Becomes A Father After 18 Years Of Marriage / "Giving Your Toddler A Smartphone Is Like Giving Them Hard Drugs" - Says Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:00pm On May 19, 2020
Ndubuisipaul1:

I support this brother, for you to kill this problem you have to get to the root of it. And the best way is to start asking questions from your background..
thanks. Am a woman. But I have been around long enough to understand this. His problem is from his foundation

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:03pm On May 19, 2020
Ceazario:
Brother, all those attacking you are dead upstairs. They are probably from the same background with similar upbringing. Dem no reach you cuz you have the best reply so far. Respect to your growing up. Ur parents born you well.
thanks once again. Train up a child in d way of the lord. Not out of the lord. Or in hypocrisy. And expect that child to become better personwhen he is old.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by gabrielsizou(m): 1:03pm On May 19, 2020
star4ever:

Like I mentioned in my post, we have undergone all of the steps you mentioned. He has been to two of the renowned Psychiatric hospitals in the country.. Nothing came out of it. All the same, thank you for your contribution.

the point is not just going to the psychiatrist but getting a good therapist because that is where the real job is. Most psychiatric hospitals in Nigeria dont have clinical psychologist and a psychiatrist is not trained to do the work of the therapist. The major reason why he has to be taken to the psychiatrist is to stablize him with med before moving him to the clinician.

As it stands now the problem you are facing isnt necessarily the drug abuse but how to get him to motivate himself to stop. And the main people trained to do that re counselling and clinical psychologist (esp.If its very serious)

so you may want to try few more reputable clinical psychologists around you.

If that fails too then all effort should be geared towards managing him

goodluck
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Ibechris2: 1:03pm On May 19, 2020
adontcare:
God is not mocked. What a man/ woman sow, that they will reap. Ask ur mum and dad what they did wrong. There must be something evil they had done that is affecting ur 42 yr brother. The bible said, train up a child in d way that he should grow and when he is old he will not depart from it. They where sparing the rod on him and now spoilt

This comment might be over looked but there is absolutely sense in this...let us not forget this is Africa.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Ibechris2: 1:05pm On May 19, 2020
adontcare:
thanks. Am a woman. But I have been around long enough to understand this. His problem is from his foundation

My dear sister,u try jor.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:05pm On May 19, 2020
Tapout:

Those addicted to masturbat!on nko?? Alchohol?? Etc. sad how can be spilling such trash with great audacity??what has the parents got to do with this??
90% his parents.at his tender age, 5% at his adulthood.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:05pm On May 19, 2020
Ibechris2:

This comment might be over looked but there is absolutely sense in this...let us not forget this is Africa.
u r correct
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:06pm On May 19, 2020
ocha88:
. My dear this life is deeper than you thought, devil can use any means just to cause havoc in a family, someone somewhere can even manipulate your life just to bring shame to your family. Just prayer that temptation doesn’t come your way. Op I prayer for God intervention, I think what the man need now is rehab and possibly change of environment
they should pray to God, so that if it's d devil at work, God will intervene,
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by star4ever: 1:09pm On May 19, 2020
gabrielsizou:

the point is not just going to the psychiatrist but getting a good therapist because that is where the real job is. Most psychiatric hospitals in Nigeria dont have clinical psychologist and a psychiatrist is not trained to do the work of the therapist. The major reason why he has to be taken to the psychiatrist is to stablize him with med before moving him to the clinician.

As it stands now the problem you are facing isnt necessarily the drug abuse but how to get him to motivate himself to stop. And the main people trained to do that re counselling and clinical psychologist (esp.If its very serious)

so you may want to try few more reputable clinical psychologists around you.

If that fails too then all effort should be geared towards managing him

goodluck

Thanks.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:10pm On May 19, 2020
postmann:

Calling you a dunce will be putting it mildly. But ignorant and confident simpletons like you have dragged Christianity to the mud deeper than unbelievers.

A child's sins shouldn't ever be blamed on parents except you have first hand proof. The bible has great parents whose children went astray with no fault of theirs. The prophet Samuel was one good example. You should be locked up for heresy.
same with me o. If I should call a dunce, I will be putting it playfully. But u r worst than that. Samuel was not a perfect man in terms of children upbringing. Same as Eli, despite they obeyed God and d work for him. He may have neglected his core responsibility and faced God, that led to his children being wayward
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:12pm On May 19, 2020
ABOVEDELAW:
JUST SHUT THE FUC-K UP IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY WHEN INTELLIGENT PEOPLE ARE TALKING!
u just showed how intelligent u r. Keep it up cool
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:14pm On May 19, 2020
switspin:

Not always true, since you mentioned God, cast your mind back to the man in your bible who was born blind, what offence did his parents commit?
was he beating his mum, or doing drugs? No. He was born blind. He did not become violent and beat up his mum. Nor steal to take drugs. The similiarty is absent
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:15pm On May 19, 2020
bigiyaro:
shut it dia. so all parents are evil?
I did not say that. Are all children wayward and become destructive? No . Train up a child properly in God, and u won't cry at old age. Learn from this
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:17pm On May 19, 2020
echodrum:
Ignorance is your major problem.
so is yours. My son, get wisdom, and in ur getting, get understanding
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by Graxie(f): 1:17pm On May 19, 2020
tenderjunkie:

OP, a quite touching experience you've shared. Unfortunately I have a relative battling addiction as well

The truth is, drug addiction is messy and it's best not to even start.
A study once revealed that a rat will rather die being hooked to cocaine than go in search of food.
It's bad enough to be hooked on drugs, but our society has made it almost impossible for addicts to overcome the addiction.
Our churches have failed woefully in this regard.
You complain of addiction and they hook you on prayers, as though prayer is the end result.
Prayer is only a tool to get to the end result.
Aside prayer the churches have failed to set up establishments to fully rehabilitate drug addicts.

I'm not talking of rehabs were you go and spend sometime then when you're out you relapse.

I'm talking of complete rehabilitation in the mind, body and spirit. A rehab center were as you're taking time off drugs, you're introduced to vocations, life changing principles, truths about life. Even when you get out, you're monitored and you're actively engaged in something of purpose.
Who better to implement this than the church?
After all we are the light of the world and the salt of the earth.
Church is not only to collect tithe and build cathedrals. They should have a meaningful impact on the society as well.

OP, concerning your brother's case, so called big men of God won't work any miracle. Your brother will have to find God for himself
Be waiting for church, in America many churches are doing it yet people are dying. If you like don't take responsibility for your actions, you want church to clean your mess. When you can't even obey Bible by fleeing from all appearances of the devil.You use your hands to invite infested wood with insect and you are not expecting lizard to visit. No need to even preach heaven and hell, just live anyhow you want so that the church can rehabilitate you. Use your body for all manner and heap the blame on church. Some Parents are failing to raise sound kids all in the name of civilisation, Some kids with sound upbringing are jumping into all manner of stupidity yet we need to blame the church.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:18pm On May 19, 2020
switspin:

Please just say nothing, we are trying to find solutions not blames
if truly u r, then go to root of the matter. The worm that kill guinea corn plant, is under it's root.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by star4ever: 1:19pm On May 19, 2020
salford1:

Yup. Someone I know doing such was sent away from Lagos to the far North were he had no access to his suppliers. He is now doing okay in the North.

There are suppliers everywhere.

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:19pm On May 19, 2020
femi4:
you lack common sense. What happened to abdulmuttalab that joined terrorist
a seed was sown in him when he was a child. Simple
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:20pm On May 19, 2020
Carloslehder:
.walahi you no get Brain
cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by HonourableUche(m): 1:21pm On May 19, 2020
This is quoting the bible out of context. If you'd said that most things that happen to people are due to the choices they make fine but not that your original post. I don't like doing this...but read John 9vs1-3 about the man born blind.Warm regards!
adontcare:
wisdom is profitable to direct. I repeat. God is not mocked

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:21pm On May 19, 2020
osazsky:
mumu aboki
lol grin grin grin
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:21pm On May 19, 2020
Samm9y:

Do you have sense?
do u? It's obvious u dont
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:24pm On May 19, 2020
HonourableUche:
This is quoting the bible out of context. If you'd said that most things that happen to people are due to the choices they make fine but not that your original post. I don't like doing this...but read John 9vs1-3 about the man born blind.Warm regards!
blind, yes, but from the womb, but an addict or violent person without control, it's the parents fault
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by thinkmoney(m): 1:25pm On May 19, 2020
adontcare:
yea. I like this. But I had to say it bluntly without sugar coating it. As parents it's our responsibility to mould the child from 0-14 years. After that, they tend to learn from d environment and d society at large. But with little effort and prayers, the child will come out right at the end
still the foundational upbringing, which his how parents help mold children , goes a long way. most often than not, it guides the children in selecting which factors from the environment to imbibe

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:27pm On May 19, 2020
afroxyz:

You must really be very stupid
so r u. Very stupid
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:28pm On May 19, 2020
thinkmoney:

still the foundational upbringing, which his how parents help mold children , goes a long way. most often than not, it guides the children in selecting which factors from the environment to imbibe
u get my point

1 Like

Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:31pm On May 19, 2020
rinzylee:

You are the ones always Misrepresenting God and what Christianity really means and is.

Do you think a kid can't go wrong even after thorough moral and Christian upbringing?

This is why we keep having atheists remain stuck to their denial of God almighty because we cast stones first before we show mercy.

You don't know God. You don't understand His nature at all.

Be careful
yea. Let's say u r correct. Can u sit down and think about ur life? Why are u not a gun runner or an addict or a worst version of ur original sef? That is if u r not. It's ur upbringing. If u r, its ur parents fault
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by janettee(f): 1:31pm On May 19, 2020
franugo:

She has little to no sense in her head....
Cute cat.. Me likey kiss

Thanks for the compliment cheesy.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:32pm On May 19, 2020
LyfeJennings:

Hmmmmmm
Otito Oro bi isokuso
Bitter truth like nonsense
As much as I don't want to push away your suggestion
It's nothing but the truth
I came across someone I used to know who is now into substance abuse. I really pity the lady cos some 5years ago, I was asking if I could get another friend to p1mp her for me at 50k
Just yesterday she was a total disaster of who I once knew. I've been discussing this particular person and what kept coming to my mind was "what wrong has she done, what wrong has her parent committed"
U are very right there
God is a very merciful God in the most cruel manner. He doesn't serve it cold. His dishes are very hot
hmm. U r wise
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by star4ever: 1:33pm On May 19, 2020
Thank you for your contribution.

ajl:

See people talking about psychology or psychiatrists. Why continue to recommend solution that has failed multiple times. And you are an African. More so, your brother is not mentally deranged. Try traditional means. It may sound stupid. But out of all the solutions you listed that you have tried, that's the only one that is missing. But not any traditionalist can do this. Your brother does not have a mental problem but only an habit that has eaten deep to him. He is not himself any more and he is possibly under the control of dark entities that profits from his habits and the grief he brings to his family. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying there are people behind his travails. But his state of being as it is, is "food" for negative entities that operate unseen around us. Remember this in case you are a Christian , Ephesians 6:12 "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."

So, be open minded about the options available. And hopefully you have not been brainwashed about African tradition treatments. I am a PhD scientist and I know modern science or medicine does not provide solutions to every health problem.
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:34pm On May 19, 2020
atoleybaba:
una no see as I Dy look am? All these people that will make you to be ashamed to identify yourself as a Christian. I don't know when she turn to God spoke woman
yea, I am cos I read and learn from God words
Re: My Brother On Hard Drugs: 18 Years Of Pains And Sorrow. I Need Help! by adontcare(f): 1:35pm On May 19, 2020
atoleybaba:
if this is the only Advice u can give,then you have a big problem you don't know
so do u

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Lady Who Felt She Is Too Pretty Recalls How It Almost Destroyed Her Marriage / Please Help Look Into This Family Issue (I'm Loosing My Mind) / Priscilla Emasoga Buys 2 Cars For Her Parents (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.