Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard (24084 Views)

My Empowerment Programme Not ‘National Cake,’ Abiodun Warns / School Feeding Programme Is 'total Corruption', Says NLC / FG School Feeding Programme A Waste — Principals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by pretyval: 5:52pm On May 18, 2020
Babatunde40:
Instead of this long article, pictures and videos would have been more effective.

Can’t you see they only choose 10 students and took pictures? For this country, even hello na scam.
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 18, 2020
Mayeldah:

Whether the idea was Bubu's or Farouq the fact remains that is not what we need most now. Buhari still reason like an analogue old school administrator. N13B can build 26 factories across the 36 states which will hire some of the parents. If the parents are empowered why do we need to feed the students?

How are the schools going to distribute the food?

How many of these Govt schools have detail addresses of their students?

If this money is budgted to find a herbal cure for the COVID-19 in Nigeria, I believe our experts in herbal drugs will come up with a cure.

APC and Buhari are just being foolish I swear!

It is just a fraud, nothing, but fraud. Each state has an official website. The list of the beneficiaries of the 20K palliative should be sent to each state for publication in each state website. What are the criteria used for determining the economic and social status of the recipients. The school feeding program is a continuation of the fraud.
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by kaludestiny10(m): 6:08pm On May 18, 2020
How did they get the addresses of all the pupils or students that they want to feed. Because I can categorically tell that government schools in Nigeria don't have a comprehensive information of their students. Even as simple as the phone numbers of the parents of the students, the schools don't have it. So how are they going to locate all students for their fraudulent school feeding program. As I always say, this woman is worst than Diezani Madueke in terms of been corrupt and daft.

3 Likes

Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 18, 2020
Federal guavament said the feeding is not a scam... Do we know more than them kiss kiss kiss.. but sincerely I love your brilliant intelligence.... Keep it up.. this corntree heen.. no doubt, it is filled with the worse set of ppl on d planet Earth
Devops:
Mehn..
This country is filled with the highest number of dumb dimwits that can be found anywhere in the planet.
Electing the dumbest man to ever walk the earth was not enough.
They re-elected him again for the second time.

Now the Government said they are spending over 13 billion feeding school children that are at home. Imagine the insult on our intelligence due to the majority of dumb dimwits we have in this county.
And this same dimwits are defending this glaring scam. Taking crumbs to defend people who gave you nothing but servitude, looting the future of your unborn generations with reckless abandon.
What a coagulation of vile stupidity.
The joke writes itself in this ceespool of a country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by jaytee01(m): 6:19pm On May 18, 2020
Iamundisputed:
But why the insistence on feeding children when they're obviously out of school? Before the program, were the kids eating sand?
We all know APC is only keeping the cash flow going and that is evident of a huge scam in place.

Lagos state head teachers were recently briefed to send 39 student names per school, which means they are just strategizing on how to patch the account in case someone asks questions. How many kids have they been feeding? I am saying this authoritatively that APC is scamming Nigerians!

The amount of money spent (almost N700 million or 2 million USD per day) on "feeding" the kids would create factories and other industries that would eliminate poverty and help create a better social security for the people.

May God judge all these people looting our commonwealth! angry
God bless you for this post. You have said it all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by Afamed: 6:23pm On May 18, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Well, since there is intra-state movement, do you know of any centre in the state you are, or in any of the other states?

Atleast one can easily go there and do findings. Or is it against the law to publish the centres as she said about names of those on the 5k list?
This is new re designed program to suit the present Covid 19 changes in our daily activities.
It has started in Abuja just last Thursday, Lagos and Ogun are next.
They don't just start giving tickets to Tom and Dick. There is a process to it. If it's not in your state yet, it does not make it a scam.
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by Babatunde40(m): 6:25pm On May 18, 2020
pretyval:

Can’t you see they only choose 10 students and took pictures? For this country, even hello na scam.

That pic is old. That is the only pic all those defending the feeding program use
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by jaytee01(m): 6:25pm On May 18, 2020
No amount of damage control stories will change the fact that this is a huge scam.

All the agencies she called to come and monitor the process are steeped in corruption and bias .
She has not told us how she will locate pupils uptil now . Even state govts cannot conveniently provide the addresses of those pupils.
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by mullerman: 6:28pm On May 18, 2020
Through this government you learned different ways to scam.

1 Like

Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by Oligarchy654: 6:33pm On May 18, 2020
see below
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by Nfora: 6:42pm On May 18, 2020
Mayeldah:

Whether the idea was Bubu's or Farouq the fact remains that is not what we need most now. Buhari still reason like an analogue old school administrator. N13B can build 26 factories across the 36 states which will hire some of the parents. If the parents are empowered why do we need to feed the students?

If this money is budgted to find a herbal cure for the COVID-19 in Nigeria, I believe our experts in herbal drugs will come up with a cure.

Oga,government expenditure is multifarious.Spending N13b on palliatives does not preclude expenditure on building factories.

The producers of the food items are employing millions of Nigerians,including parents of the pupils.The items being produced are manufactured by factories,so I do not get your point.

Or government should kill those factories producing the food items and build 26 other factories in 36 states of the federation?

Economic sense is not common.

And by the way,How many government factories have succeeded globally?

Every school has a database of the addresses of their pupils.We like to make simple things complex. What's the big deal about getting the addresses of students for God's sake?

Is the addresses students use at school, different from what they use for common entrance exams or WAEC?

If your address is not traceable,you lose out,simple.

Or we should bury the idea just because some addresses may not be traceable?

This programme is localised to states and local government,why should location tracing be a major issue :
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by Vulcanheph(m): 6:48pm On May 18, 2020
Doyin2:
We the silent majority know.

Let the very noisy minority continue to wail all over social media.

Palliatives come in different forms across the world.

USA is giving raw cash running into trillions of nairadollars ,wailers are hailing.

Just to reach households via the school feeding programme,misguided elements are wailing.

What Nigeria is doing is far more productive than doling out cash.

More Farmers and food vendors would be productively engaged.

Even transporters of food items .

How about manufacturers of packaging materials?

The list is endless,a direct effect on GDP.
You level of Zombieism is second to none.
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by Nfora: 6:50pm On May 18, 2020
Vulcanheph:

You level of Zombieism is second to none.

Provide a superior argument to his.

I think you are the Zombie here.
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:17pm On May 18, 2020
Afamed:

This is new re designed program to suit the present Covid 19 changes in our daily activities.
It has started in Abuja just last Thursday, Lagos and Ogun are next.
They don't just start giving tickets to Tom and Dick. There is a process to it. If it's not in your state yet, it does not make it a scam.

I never said it was, Sir. There are "centres" for collection. I'm sure people in Lagos won't mind going to those centres to verify the claims. Making sure that only students in those schools are being fed among other things.

From your write up, it means it hasn't started in Lagos yet. Well, we'll keep our hands crossed while hoping for the best.
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by xandy84: 7:27pm On May 18, 2020
Please do not sound like an ignorant. The $$ giving by American government is to boast the purchasing power of the people thereby stimulating the economy. Various States government in US still continue feeding student who qualify for free lunch by providing various locations where such students can get their meals. You sound like you get paid by the government...

quote author=Doyin2 post=89685891]We the silent majority know.

USA is giving raw cash running into trillions of nairadollars ,wailers are hailing.

Just to reach households via the school feeding programme,misguided elements are wailing.

The list is endless,a direct effect on GDP.[/quote]
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by KGREAT(m): 7:28pm On May 18, 2020
Doyin2:

Your write up shows your are working for the HOMEGROWN project or your are looking for a cheap popularity in Nairaland. I'm sure your are not serious about your write up because there is no sane person in Nigeria that will support this project except the few individuals who are benefiting directly form this scam project.
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by obailala(m): 7:30pm On May 18, 2020
Same people who lamented that hunger is killing Nigerians at home during lockdown without any help or palliative from government, those are the very same set of people who are still blasting this home feeding scheme for pupils.

2 Likes

Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by frog12: 7:36pm On May 18, 2020
quite a lot of money. just send them to farms for free food!
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by obailala(m): 7:37pm On May 18, 2020
Mayeldah:

A multitude of people have been criticising the govt in the last weeks saying it called for a lockdown without feeding the hungry at home.

Now the govt has started a scheme to at least feed school kids at home. But the very same set of people who criticised the govt just weeks ago are now the ones saying the govt is foolish for feeding people; that the money should be used to build factory and/or find covid19 cure.

The psychology of Nigerians is a PhD subject on its own. grin

Cc: Nfora

1 Like

Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by Doyin2(m): 7:46pm On May 18, 2020
KGREAT:

Your write up shows your are working for the HOMEGROWN project or your are looking for a cheap popularity in Nairaland. I'm sure your are not serious about your write up because there is no sane person in Nigeria that will support this project except the few individuals who are benefiting directly form this scam project.

Insanity is when you call for palliative and then recall a palliative.

Provide sane argument to proof that doling out trillions of dollars in cash is better than empowering SMEs to produce food for households.

If you are thinking of corruption,then no project or govt expenditure should be executed because of the fear of corruption.
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by Afamed: 7:50pm On May 18, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

I never said it was, Sir. There are "centres" for collection. I'm sure people in Lagos won't mind going to those centres to verify the claims. Making sure that only students in those schools are being fed among other things.

From your write up, it means it hasn't started in Lagos yet. Well, we'll keep our hands crossed while hoping for the best.
Extract from the original article,

In the time since I was here last, we have made progress on the overhauled Home Grown School Feeding Programme and sensitization has already begun in the three frontline states of Lagos, Ogun and the FCT in readiness for full implementation.” Her announcement, understandably, made the news. “Why we’re going ahead with school feeding during lockdown”,
Everything you need to know, if fully detailed in the article
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by MCIU1: 7:56pm On May 18, 2020
Doyin2:

Palliatives come in different forms Mega Churches In United States across the world.

Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by Thollulope(m): 8:00pm On May 18, 2020
[quote author=Doyin2 post=89685891]

Kindly recheck your comment.

It is outright mediocre.

Comparing a country that has reserves with Nigeria. I weep for the future
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by osazsky(m): 8:07pm On May 18, 2020
It's not a scam but a waste y not use d moni to give them scholarships and equip d sch..provide good health care for them.this is kangaroo style o..since he has been feeding what has he gained..something dat will end in a white ceramic
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by IMASTEX: 8:17pm On May 18, 2020
jojofola:
If something is legitimate, you wouldn't need plenty time explaining.

Only liars, fraudsters say a lot to save themselves in the face of trouble
Think about it, my people.
grin grin grin The people know the person talking is a scammer but they still want her to at least talk for the money.
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by Adebayoadekunle(m): 8:36pm On May 18, 2020
Nothing like school feeding programme, it is meant to cater for the Almajiri, you can bet it
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by walichenko: 8:45pm On May 18, 2020
Afamed:

But you all applauded the UK and US government when they few weeks ago took foods items to their citizens in their various home. Why is the same process now not necessary in Nigeria?

Where’s the evidence of its delivery to the 3m households as mentioned, did you ever come across parents actually conforming to the receiving the so called ‘THR’
To think there are citizens actually insupport of this money milking scheme is really appalling
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by Enyimbamercedes: 8:45pm On May 18, 2020
Long bullshit!

School feeding according to experts is important in the sense that children who eat good food in school get required nutrients, stay on in school because they are incentivized and usually never miss school because to miss school is to miss food

Please Madam Humanitarian, can you tell us by how many percent school attendance has improved since the school feeding programme started? I gave you the simplest KPI to tell us but you will not have this answer because this bullshit programme has no baseline data and not monitoring is done!

Take your fraudulent dabino-stealing buhari massaging ass away from here
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by urchcoded(m): 9:03pm On May 18, 2020
Devops:
Mehn..
This country is filled with the highest number of dumb dimwits that can be found anywhere in the planet.

Now the Government said they are spending over 13 billion feeding school children that are at home. Imagine the insult on our intelligence due to the majority of dumb dimwits we have in this county.
And this same dimwits are defending this glaring scam. Taking crumbs to defend people who gave you nothing but servitude, looting the future of your unborn generations with reckless abandon.

To be honest the feeding program is stupid to me. I mean no mother, no matter how poor will allow her child go to school without eating. What's the point feeding school children? To make them happy? To encourage them to read? Or for what? If the government embarks on giving free books to all this school children it would have been more in place. We go to school to learn and not to eat.
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by TheStarsAlign: 9:09pm On May 18, 2020
Devops:
Mehn..

I tire... Truth is these lots are past praying for. It is impossible to show a picture to someone who has sworn on his life would not see it. However, we can only continue to pray for them before they finally self-destruct. This govt is the most corrupt in the history of the world and their supporters are the most dumb and most wicked set of people ever. It takes wickedness to support evil.
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by afecgivers: 9:11pm On May 18, 2020
Devops:
Mehn..

You go school? I like and share even if some words are strange to me.
Re: School Feeding Programme Not A ‘Scam’ - Vanguard by afecgivers: 9:16pm On May 18, 2020
Honor10:
Not a scam! Yet u are still feeding then when they are at home, are u carrying the food to their various houses? Not all of us are dumb o.

Thunder fire u

My brother na who be mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amaechi: We Begged Niger Republic To Construct Railway For Them / Recruit Your Kids – Nigerians Slam Fayemi Over Call For NYSC Members To Fight / Rivers Assembly To Fubara: Withdraw Your Illegal Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.