Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy (56074 Views)

Oba Of Benin Welcome Quadruplets With 5th Wife / Ritual Rites Held To Welcome Oba Of Lagos And His Staff Of Office / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by somehow: 9:26pm On May 18, 2020
omoba
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by AFULA(m): 9:27pm On May 18, 2020
Last week.. It was Sanusi now itz oba of Benin. Lord if i survive this covid-19 pandemic, give me a wife i want to settle down...
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:30pm On May 18, 2020
All these kings dem too like blowing.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by OgwuEgo: 9:31pm On May 18, 2020
Oldman still dey born.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Algold: 9:32pm On May 18, 2020
When last did you take your medication
[Qquote author=cloud6999 post=89699345]Must surely be a Bastard..

King has low sperm count [/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by universe26(m): 9:33pm On May 18, 2020
Congratulations to the royal family and Benin kingdom.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Damson22: 9:33pm On May 18, 2020
Pls guys, is benin part of Yoruba land, because of the title "oba"
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 9:34pm On May 18, 2020
Oba a Yoruba word. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 9:34pm On May 18, 2020
Damson22:
Pls guys, is benin part of Yoruba land, because of the title "oba"

Oba is a Yoruba word, don't mind them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by DenreleDave(m): 9:34pm On May 18, 2020
Only God knows how many rounds oba dey go b4 d woman dey satisfied shocked
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 18, 2020
cloud6999:
Must surely be a Bastard..

King has low sperm count
calm down
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Exmilitant(m): 9:36pm On May 18, 2020
But babies are born everyday? Why is this one so special? He is not even the heir apparent!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by thundafire: 9:36pm On May 18, 2020
Hope dey know go carry yeye sacrifice rub dey boy body all over
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Paul112(m): 9:36pm On May 18, 2020
cloud6999:

King has low sperm count
Just look at what epic movies has caused you
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by WuraSerano(f): 9:36pm On May 18, 2020
Congrats to His Royal Highness and the Queen.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 18, 2020
demolinka:
You mean say oba sef dey...you understand...?

grin
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by nengibo: 9:40pm On May 18, 2020
wildikeman:
Shoo.. Una still dey fvck?
Y not, is she not married
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 18, 2020
cloud6999:

King has low sperm count

You're mannerless we know the tribe that you come from. Hateful fellow. Do you have king in your land?

5 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by elefind(m): 9:42pm On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:
Oba a Yoruba word. cool

oba is an Edo word meaning Bright. i.e omo no ba, also mean the bright son.
that's why oba only wear two colors of clothes which white or red. these two colors represent light. the obas of Benin from the previous dynasty was called Ogiso meaning the one from the sky or the prince from the sky. sky also represent light which means Oba in translation.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 9:43pm On May 18, 2020
elefind:

If it means Bright.
I have two questions.

1. What does Obaseki means

2. Give me 5 Edo words that's has Oba in between, and tell me their meanings
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Damson22: 9:45pm On May 18, 2020
elefind:

But I heard that it was Yoruba ( oranmiyan) king that rule them.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Youngjohnosas: 9:45pm On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

Oba is a Yoruba word, don't mind them
una Don still come again, Each time u guys hear about the great Oba of Benin u start shivering and trying to prove yourselves with unnecessary stories to stay relevant.

14 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 9:48pm On May 18, 2020
Youngjohnosas:
una Don still come again, Each time u guys hear about the great Oba of Benin u start shivering and trying to prove yourselves with unnecessary stories to stay relevant.

If Oba means Bright.
I have two questions.

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Malawian(m): 9:48pm On May 18, 2020
Las las, him name go be Osas. Na their way.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Chuks2706(m): 9:49pm On May 18, 2020
Another tyrant been given birth too...
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by elefind(m): 9:50pm On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

If it means Bright.
I have two questions.

Google Edo names and meaning. and stop wasting your questions.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by noakchukibadan: 9:50pm On May 18, 2020
demolinka:
You mean say oba sef dey...you understand...?
c areful before the gods bed your mouth
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 9:50pm On May 18, 2020
elefind:

Google Edo names and meaning. and stop wasting your questions.

Answer the question.

If it means Bright.
I have two questions.

I can give you 20 Yoruba words that Oba means the same thing in those words
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by elefind(m): 9:52pm On May 18, 2020
Damson22:

But I heard that it was Yoruba ( oranmiyan) king that rule them.

oranmiyan father was a Benin prince that went on exile that was later welcome and accepted as ooni of ife

I'm a Yoruba guy but I study both culture and history. the truth is the Yoruba has been trying to claim supreme hand over the Edo by turning the history upside down. and lot of Yoruba followed wrongly

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 9:53pm On May 18, 2020
elefind:

oranmiyan father was a Benin prince that went on exile that was later welcome and accepted as ooni of ife

If it means Bright.
I have two questions.

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Damson22: 9:54pm On May 18, 2020
elefind:

You mean oduduwa?
if I hear
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Youngjohnosas: 10:00pm On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

If Oba means Bright.
I have two questions.

Obaseki means the Oba's favour is more valuable than success in trade.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

German Woman Dressed Like A Nigerian - Photos / Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula / Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.