Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy (56066 Views)

Oba Of Benin Welcome Quadruplets With 5th Wife / Ritual Rites Held To Welcome Oba Of Lagos And His Staff Of Office / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Nobody: 8:17am On May 19, 2020
Lastmankc:
Why must he call Almighty God? Do they really worship God? Because I know how these things goes
He will always say ALMIGHTY God.. because he feels that he too is a god in his own right...and to some extent many edos refers to the Oba as a god-king and second to the almighty God.....well to me Sha the Oba is a great king but no human can ever be a god

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by valirex: 8:20am On May 19, 2020
jrusky:

Truth hurts.

Post the truth for Facebook na, we wan trend. What are you waiting for cheesy
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 8:21am On May 19, 2020
Youngjohnosas:
the OyO and Ibadan Empires put together wouldn't match the Benin Empire, we know the Yorubas today be cheast beaters so no need trading words with them,

Benin Empire sent shivers down the spines of kingdoms around, the Yoruba kings that fled at the sight of the white men, they are not worthy to be called kings.. Awon chest beaters.

It's not our fault that God bless us. smiley

Benins ain't better than Yoruba anywhere

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Youngjohnosas: 8:21am On May 19, 2020
jrusky:

Alright no problem if that is your conclusion and I wish you good luck.

You will one day explain which part of Nigerian entity you belong to ok. Its so unfortunate that you are here calling Yoruba chest beater its so strange all I know is its my own people that chest beat but you turning the clock to Yoruba means you must be one of those Edos suffering from demoted IQ.

Till the world will end and come again Benin or Edo can never stand where Yoruba or Igbo or Hausa/Fulani are. Pls to hook yourself in the crevies of complexity will doom you better come out and get life.

Pls do you think Yoruba even need you. Bro you need help I swear. Pesin wey dem no want for meeting wey dey raise song na who go follow am sing d song abeg? You beta go sit your a s s somewhere.
the only thing Yoruba can boast of is chest beating and it isn't perculiar with us. if your kings couldn't protect their subjects from being sold into slavery en mass around the globe, what good can Associating the Benins with Yorubas do for us.

we are unique and do not need the validation of a chest beating and cowardly Yoruba to feel secure.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by valirex: 8:22am On May 19, 2020
Chidorx60:

He will always say ALMIGHTY God.. because he feels that he too is a god in his own right...and to some extent many edos refers to the Oba as a god-king and second to the almighty God.....well to me Sha the Oba is a great king but no human can ever be a god

Really? Then what are you waiting for post am for Facebook and Twitter no forget to tag Kanu make him put am for Radio biafra cheesy
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 8:23am On May 19, 2020
Igbosmoker:
Just because you people have bigger population and bigger landmass doesn't mean we should asslick you and throw out our thousand years of history just to fit in.

Our peak history might have passed but it's a known fact the yorubas haven't done half of what we achieved, as big as their population they can't even break away from a British colony, all they want is begging for presidency every 4 years.

You claimed to be better than us but what is your achievement?

Benins don't Beat Yorubas anywhere. cool
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Youngjohnosas: 8:23am On May 19, 2020
Sammy07:

Benins ain't better than Yoruba anywhere
God bless you today be chest beaters and swim in cowardice, that sounds great, glory be to God.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Nobody: 8:25am On May 19, 2020
diplomat058:
The royal eulogy of Alaafin Sango of Old Oyo was 'Sanjo, Olukoso, OBA areku jaiye' which means 'Sango, Chief-in-Charge, a KING of affluence' I am poised to ask you, did Benin, at any point in time, conquer Oyo?

There is a royal title in IFE called OBALUFON of ILE IFE, its a royal stool, subservient to the Ooni of Ife. Did Benin ever conquer Ife?

Obafemi means the king love me, and the word has existed for hundreds of years. if OBA has not always meant KING in yorubaland, why do we have classical names like OBAFEMI?

Why is it that Benin never had an OBA until ORAMIYAN went there from IFE. That, alone, signifies that it was a borrowed culture from IFE which the Binis were privileged to adopt, courtesy of ORAMIYAN who came from Ife and left his child, EWEKA to be crowed the first OBA of Benin.

Benin (Bini) itself was a corrupted Yoruba word from the word, Ile Ibinu. The name was given by ORAMIYAN, in his angry reaction to the conspiracy of the kingmakers against him. He had a child there and departed for Oyo. The Bini Kingdom was formerly called Igodomigido, under the rule of the Ogisos. Portuguese corrupted BINI as BENIN and the new term sticks

There is a market in Ibadan called OJA-OBA, adjacent the Olubadan's Palace. OJA-OBA means THE KING'S MARKET. The market has existed since the 19th century, for close to 200 years.

Lol

this one just reproduced what he read from his hundred level textbooks

...oga Eweka gave himself the title of OBA...he created the title ..Oramiyan indeed fathered Eweka ...but Oramiyan own father was a Benin man....I no the cheap pride of you yoruba folks we never allow you to see the stupidity in saying that ...the great Edo kingdom went to the rural enclave of Ife just to get a suitable king without any connections in the first place..

You guys talk foolishly and dumbly at times.... Ozuduwa was a Benin prince upon his departure to Ife....and he did not fall from the sky like Kar El or super man
..u hear

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by valirex: 8:26am On May 19, 2020
Sammy07:

Won't you share this your post on Facebook and Twitter, Edo nation wants to trend. I love the attention and the way you carry Edo matter for head. Aneyowa dan cheesy
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 8:28am On May 19, 2020
valirex:

Won't you share this your post on Facebook and Twitter, Edo nation wants to trend. I love the attention and the way you carry Edo matter for head. Aneyowa dan cheesy

We will continue to carry your matter on our head, once you rest your pride.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 8:29am On May 19, 2020
Chidorx60:
this one just reproduced what he read from his hundred level textbooks

...oga Eweka gave himself the title of OBA...he created the title ..Oramiyan indeed fathered Eweka ...but Oramiyan own father was a Benin man....I no the cheap pride of you yoruba folks we never allow you to see the stupidity in saying that ...the great Edo kingdom went to the rural enclave of Ife just to get a suitable king without any connections in the first place..

You guys talk foolishly and dumbly at times.... Ozuduwa was a Benin prince upon his departure to Ife....and he did not fall from the sky like Kar El or super man
..u hear

Ogiso was the title used in Benin land before.
Pls, how does it change to Oba could you tell us?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Nobody: 8:30am On May 19, 2020
Sammy07:

Na wa oooo.
You guys are contradicting yourself
This guy did you attend school at all...or did you spend ur university and secondary school days wasting away at a bar or suya joint....
You don't know the difference between .. etymological and literal meaning....

You talk and argue like a fool....

Etymological meaning of OBA is bright..
Literal meaning is King ...is that to had for u to grab.
Someone gave u an illustration with the headmaster analogy but ur shallow brain failed to understand oga ur problem is past medical remedy...u need native attention
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by valirex: 8:30am On May 19, 2020
Sammy07:

undecidedwhy are you telling me this, tell the world, share it on Facebook na
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Nobody: 8:33am On May 19, 2020
Sammy07:

Ogiso was the title used in Benin land before.
Pls, how does it change to Oba could you tell us?
If you know history at all you will know that the young Eweka was dumb as a child and during that time regents reigned in stead who retained the ogiso status and even conspired to take the throne for themselves....the overthrow by Eweka over these regents led him to birth of a new dynasty with a praise name to match this the Oba title was born....
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Omofranca(f): 8:46am On May 19, 2020
cloud6999:
Must surely be a Bastard..

King has low sperm count

Not assuming that that's what they did but with IVF/ICSI if you have low count, you can conceive with just a single sperm so be careful with your assertions and simply congratulate and be happy for them.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sewgon79(m): 8:48am On May 19, 2020
Youngjohnosas:
the British knew nothing,even If they did, they simply sabotaged the whole process to benefit their selfish interests.

the British do not forgive easily, they only mingle with puppets, most Yoruba kings fled from their throne at the sight of the white men, the whites were super pleased with the cowardice of the Yoruba nation and decided to reward her.

To the white men the Benin Empire was a threat to her activities so they did everything possible to relegate the powers of the Empire. Two years after the Benin Empire was burnt down Benin soldiers still led guerrilla warfare against the British forces,all the act of the British was to weaken the history and powers of Benin.

we are inconsequential but yet you guys masturbate around anytime the great Oba of Benin is mentioned.i can never take any Yoruba man seriously.you guys are always feeling insecure. why make someone inconsequential a subject of discourse.werey chest beaters Association of Nigeria.

Tell me the Yoruba ọba that fled at site of British. Actually this are some fact:

1. Imagbon War : That is war of Ijebu Resistance of Britain entrance into ijebu, which lead to British borrowing more soldiers from North, Ghana and Gambia to fight the war. But they could not conquer us or dethrone our King like they did to you. But result to peace agreement in which lead to Ijebu given them Epe land. That is reason Epe is part of Lagos today.

2. British invitation to Ooni of Ìfẹ́, he told them there has never been any Ooni of Ìfẹ́ leaving Ìfẹ́. That is first time in history that Ooni of ife left ifẹ environnement. Ooni of Ìfẹ́ don't leave ìfẹ́. It was recorded that the reason was because of dispute between some monarch and land in Lagos. At the request of Ooni of ife that British have to sacrifice cow in all crossing rivers he crossed before getting to Lagos. Also as history recorded it, that all Yoruba ọba left their Palace at hearing that Ooni of ife left Palace until his return including Ọba of Benin and Olu of Warri. British bought thousands of cows for the sacrifice.

So
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Blackicegold(m): 8:54am On May 19, 2020
Sammy07
Pls glance through this

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 8:55am On May 19, 2020
Chidorx60:

This guy did you attend school at all...or did you spend ur university and secondary school days wasting away at a bar or suya joint....
You don't know the difference between .. etymological and literal meaning....

You talk and argue like a fool....

Etymological meaning of OBA is bright..
Literal meaning is King ...is that to had for u to grab.
Someone gave u an illustration with the headmaster analogy but ur shallow brain failed to understand oga ur problem is past medical remedy...u need native attention

Keep shut and stop saying nonsense.

There is nothing like Oba in Benin.
What you have is Omo n'Oba n'Edo. (n'Oba), not Oba as a stand alone word.

It's a borrowed language From Yoruba because Yoruba is been spoken in Benin palace then.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 9:02am On May 19, 2020
Blackicegold:
Sammy07
Pls glance through this
I have seen it.
What you guys have is Omo no doo baa n'igodo or Omo n'obaa n'igodo.
Not Oba as a stand alone word.

Glance through this too

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Nobody: 9:03am On May 19, 2020
Sammy07:

It's a borrowed language From Yoruba because Yoruba is been spoken in Benin palace then.
...hmm
Omo n'Oba n'Edo means...child born a king or born an Oba...this is the full title that follows the name Oba...so u see u can never understand blind yoruba folk
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sewgon79(m): 9:09am On May 19, 2020
Sammy07:

It is literally means Omo n'Oba n'Edo which was corrupted. The but true meaning is 'Ọmọ Ọba ní Edo'. Which translate Ọmọ Ọba Ìfẹ́ ni Edo
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 9:09am On May 19, 2020
Chidorx60:
...hmm
Omo n'Oba n'Edo means...child born a king or born an Oba...this is the full title that follows the name Oba...so u see u can never understand blind yoruba folk

It seems you don't understand your history.

Your brother posted the 1st pics,
I responded with the 2nd pics.
Check above comments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Daum: 9:14am On May 19, 2020
Mhizdebs:
I don't know about shining.
To the best of my knowledge as a Bini girl "OBA" in Bini language means His royal majesty the King

N'oba means
Blood (red)
Shining red.

That's why his tittle is
Omo N'oba N'edo

Meaning shining son of Benin or the son who shines for Benin...
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Daum: 9:18am On May 19, 2020
Also we have always had Oba in our lexicon.
The first ruler of present Benin was called Obagodo or Igodo of the Ogiso dynasty. Remember the Ogiso dynasty predates the Eweka one.

Just because we use the word Edo in Nigeria, does that mean that the Japanese who also use the word Edo borrowed it from us or Japanese is spoken also in the Benin palace.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by jrusky(m): 9:19am On May 19, 2020
valirex:

Post the truth for Facebook na, we wan trend. What are you waiting for cheesy

Hahahahaha just laghing at stupidity. My apology to sensible Edolites. Resoect pls!!!

But for a fantastic fool like you and your gangs. Pls trend in excessive witchcraft and wizardry or in damn Italian shit connection or what bro don't let us ho there Im not a tribalist I don't play it at all.

Pls just go with your ignorant. And imagine another idiot calling Yoruba a coward its so shocking Edo calling Yoruba a coward. I'm not a Yoruba but if beat my imagination that even Edo too dey called Yoruba coward na wah oo. Very intetesting

I know the hard punch you just received now will make you go nut and start throwing jabs like a drown man. Sorry u hear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Realadey(m): 9:20am On May 19, 2020
Na dis king see d coro before it came,he and his wife had started using handkerchiefs to cover their mouth and nose since.
Na joke i dey o grin
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by jrusky(m): 9:24am On May 19, 2020
Youngjohnosas:
the only thing Yoruba can boast of is chest beating and it isn't perculiar to us. if your kings couldn't protect his subjects from being sold into slavery en mass around the globe, what goid can Associating the Benins with Yorubas do for us.

we are unique and do not need the validation of a chest beating and cowardly Yoruba to feel secure.

Hahaha comedy brain. Your level of reflex epilepsy is damn incureable seek a better diagnostic assistant may be it can be mend partially.

You sound like a broken record. Get help before you are drown completely in the ocean of stupidity.

Nonsense. See pesin wey dey talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:31am On May 19, 2020
Sammy07:

They are nobody,please channel your energy to something better or better people. Who cares whether or not Benin exists !
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by valirex: 9:42am On May 19, 2020
jrusky:

Hahahahaha just laghing at stupidity. My apology to sensible Edolites. Resoect pls!!!

But for a fantastic fool like you and your gangs. Pls trend in excessive witchcraft and wizardry or in damn Italian shit connection or what bro don't let us ho there Im not a tribalist I don't play it at all.

Pls just go with your ignorant. And imagine another idiot calling Yoruba a coward its so shocking Edo calling Yoruba a coward. I'm not a Yoruba but if beat my imagination that even Edo too dey called Yoruba coward na wah oo. Very intetesting

I know the hard punch you just received now will make you go nut and start throwing jabs like a drown man. Sorry u hear.

Post this on Facebook and Twitter, call your brothers to join you in spreading it. Edo nation wants to trends. Our gospel should go viral cheesy

Calling Yorubas to help you grin, where did Edo call Yorubas insultive names ibo boy cheesy. Post this your epistle on Facebook na on nairaland it won't go viral cheesy
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Mhizdebs(f): 10:03am On May 19, 2020
Daum:

N'oba means Blood (red) Shining red.

That's why his tittle is Omo N'oba N'edo
Meaning shining son of Benin or the son who shines for Benin...
Ok
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Briteiyobo1(m): 10:40am On May 19, 2020
Just as you are a bastard abi, that is why you recognize one as you see him.
cloud6999:
Must surely be a Bastard..

King has low sperm count
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Nobody: 10:41am On May 19, 2020
Sammy07:

too bad you can't use the greatness to feed your people or agitate for your own country. Most of you resources are channel to Kano kaduna

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

German Woman Dressed Like A Nigerian - Photos / Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula / Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.