Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,698 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:48 PM

Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy (56642 Views)

Oba Of Benin Welcome Quadruplets With 5th Wife / Ritual Rites Held To Welcome Oba Of Lagos And His Staff Of Office / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Youngjohnosas: 11:18am On May 19, 2020
jrusky:

Hahaha comedy brain. Your level of reflex epilepsy is damn incureable seek a better diagnostic assistant may be it can be mend partially.

You sound like a broken record. Get help before you are drown completely in the ocean of stupidity.

Nonsense. See pesin wey dey talk.
E Don pain u, OMO Yoruba goan siddon.

Awon social media warriors..
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by ernieboy(m): 11:30am On May 19, 2020
PureFace1:

Which Benin Colony are you talking about when Benin itself was a Yoruba Colony?
oga which history did u study in school? at what time was Benin ever a colony of yoruba, infact apart from the old oyo empire, the yoruba never even has a strong empire that was capable of holding vasal states. the eradication of history from school curriculum by obj has really affected many of you.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by ernieboy(m): 11:39am On May 19, 2020
Lastmankc:
Why must he call Almighty God? Do they really worship God? Because I know how these things goes
don't confuse polytheism and monotheism, most African religions may worship several gods but they often recognize one supreme God who supercedes all other deities
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by gregyboy(m): 11:51am On May 19, 2020
diplomat058:
The royal eulogy of Alaafin Sango of Old Oyo was 'Sanjo, Olukoso, OBA areku jaiye' which means 'Sango, Chief-in-Charge, a KING of affluence' I am poised to ask you, did Benin, at any point in time, conquer Oyo?

There is a royal title in IFE called OBALUFON of ILE IFE, its a royal stool, subservient to the Ooni of Ife. Did Benin ever conquer Ife?

Obafemi means the king love me, and the word has existed for hundreds of years. if OBA has not always meant KING in yorubaland, why do we have classical names like OBAFEMI?

Why is it that Benin never had an OBA until ORAMIYAN went there from IFE. That, alone, signifies that it was a borrowed culture from IFE which the Binis were privileged to adopt, courtesy of ORAMIYAN who came from Ife and left his child, EWEKA to be crowed the first OBA of Benin.

Benin (Bini) itself was a corrupted Yoruba word from the word, Ile Ibinu. The name was given by ORAMIYAN, in his angry reaction to the conspiracy of the kingmakers against him. He had a child there and departed for Oyo. The Bini Kingdom was formerly called Igodomigido, under the rule of the Ogisos. Portuguese corrupted BINI as BENIN and the new term sticks

There is a market in Ibadan called OJA-OBA, adjacent the Olubadan's Palace. OJA-OBA means THE KING'S MARKET. The market has existed since the 19th century, for close to 200 years.

Lol

We gave the title oba to yorubas when our oba led military conquest to yoruba areas since 1400
During the time of oba ewuare

Ww are researching if truly Oronmiyan really cane to beninas you said but no evidence not evem from the oyo son book history of yoruba writing by Samuel johson in 1897 samuel johson wrote that oromiyan never visited benin

I teied to also find writing record from European in benin on benin-ife relationships but there Was no mention...

Oba title is indigenous

Oba eweka of benin told the story if it's origin to ife for political reasons just the way your oba stole the title oba to raise the yoruba monarchial prestige to the world
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by PureFace1(m): 11:53am On May 19, 2020
Igbosmoker:
I don't know why some yorubas are so obsess and want Benins to claim yoruba as cousin.

You claim oduduwa fell from heaven, some even claim he trekked from middle East to ile ife, you don't see benins trying to persuade you people out of your myth stories.

Even oba of Lagos can attest to it, there's the king in ondo that claim he's from Benin, there are many king's in South West that claim Benin origin and they all have our symbol of authority but you'll never see a Benin king claiming he's Yoruba

No Yoruba is obsessed with Benin and want Benin for anything, we are more than enough but it is just annoying when you guys peddle falsehood online.

You will never see a Benin king claiming Yoruba when Benin king is actually a Yoruba man lol, keep deceiving yourselves

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by PureFace1(m): 11:56am On May 19, 2020
gregyboy:

We gave the title oba to yorubas when our oba led military conquest to yoruba areas since 1400

Ww are researching if truly Oronmiyan really cane to beninas you said but no evidence not evem from the oyo son book history of yoruba writing by Samuel johson in 1897 samuel johson wrote that oromiyan never visited benin

I teied to also find writing record from European in benin on benin-ife relationships but there Was no mention...

Oba title is indigenous

Oba eweka of benin told the story if it's origin to ife for political reasons just the way your oba stole the title oba to raise the yoruba monarchial prestige to the world

Benin was a Yoruba Colony go and read your history again
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by gregyboy(m): 11:57am On May 19, 2020
PureFace1:

No Yoruba is obsessed with Benin
and want Benin for anything, we are more than enough but it is just annoying when you guys peddle falsehood online.

You will never see a Benin king claiming Yoruba when Benin king is actually a Yoruba man lol, keep deceiving yourselves

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by PureFace1(m): 11:58am On May 19, 2020
ernieboy:
oga which history did u study in school? at what time was Benin ever a colony of yoruba, infact apart from the old oyo empire, the yoruba never even has a strong empire that was capable of holding vasal states. the eradication of history from school curriculum by obj has really affected many of you.

Yoruba never has a strong empire but I guess dahomey kingdom was part of Hausa empire.

Benin was a Yoruba Colony

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by xpool(m): 12:02pm On May 19, 2020
martineverest:
thank you sir..... that's none of your business
I did not mean any harm, I just wanted your sons or your sons' sons to be called PRINCE. Image when you write you family genealogy and project your family's unborn generations ever after, no right to be called PRINCE and PRINCESS.

IF you like pretend, you, your ancestors and your offsprings are perpetual SUBJECTS; it is not an insult but the GOSPEL ...
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by PureFace1(m): 12:13pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=gregyboy post=89718250][/quote]

Lol Ada Ogun that is part of Yoruba culture is what you claim is Benin lol

Do you even know the way Benin king use to dress with beads was how Yoruba kings used to dress in the past?

Read this thread on Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/3117938/family-late-oba-benin-tenants

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by martineverest(m): 12:21pm On May 19, 2020
xpool:

I did not mean any harm, I just wanted your sons or your sons' sons to be called PRINCE. Image when you write you family genealogy and project your family's unborn generations ever after, no right to be called PRINCE and PRINCESS.

IF you like pretend, you, your ancestors and your offsprings are perpetual SUBJECTS; it is not an insult but the GOSPEL ...
I get your point...don't forget we are millennials/centennials and in democracy.

the British and Europeans respect their monarchs ,why won't Africans respect theirs too
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by gregyboy(m): 12:32pm On May 19, 2020
PureFace1:

Benin was a Yoruba Colony go and read your history again

Go and read yours

There was ni connection between ife and benin in the past oba eweka 11 said it just to be under the political canopy with yorubas
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by gregyboy(m): 12:33pm On May 19, 2020
PureFace1:

Yoruba never has a strong empire but I guess dahomey kingdom was part of Hausa empire.

Benin was a Yoruba Colony

You have to prove it.....

When did oromiyan come to benin
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by gregyboy(m): 12:34pm On May 19, 2020
PureFace1:

Lol Ada Ogun that is part of Yoruba culture is what you claim is Benin lol

Do you even know the way Benin king use to dress with beads was how Yoruba kings used to dress in the past?

Read this thread on Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/3117938/family-late-oba-benin-tenants

Mad man
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by xpool(m): 1:10pm On May 19, 2020
martineverest:
I get your point...don't forget we are millennials/centennials and in democracy.

the British and Europeans respect their monarchs ,why won't Africans respect theirs too
When you said Europeans, was Russian included?
What were the various revolutions all about?
Go and ask what happened to the czar and czar's family, and other European kings
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Creeza(m): 4:06pm On May 19, 2020
MuchAdo:
Congrats sir

By the way, who is the crown prince We don't know him yet... smiley
It's not disclosed that easily... The reigning oba is still healthy, strong and agile. Why crown a prince now?

Anyways a great thing has occurred in our land

Long live the new born prince!!!
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by modupeleke(f): 4:59pm On May 19, 2020
congratulations
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by ufuosman(m): 5:27pm On May 19, 2020
Congratulations
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by stormborn28(m): 7:46pm On May 19, 2020
cloud6999:
Must surely be a Bastard..

King has low sperm count

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by dammywizzy: 8:29pm On May 19, 2020
Meninmen:

He doesn't in public traditional functions.
Oh ok
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by diplomat058(m): 3:57pm On May 20, 2020
gregyboy:

Oba title is indigenous

Lol

First, you are being evasive. You refused to answer any of my questions and then jump on with another rounds of funny arguments

You are, at best, a comedian. Even your Oba would be astonished that you delinked him from Oranmiyan, his father. My friend, the argument has always been about Oduduwa, not Oranmiyan. Last time when there was a verbal exchange between the Ife and Benin royal houses, the Ooni told the Benin royal house to publicly declare that they were not of the Oduduwa House and no one would link them to Yorubaland again; the Benin royalty refused to make such disclaimer and days later, the Oba of Benin visited the Ooni at his palace in Ife. That settled the matter, in affirmative of the Ife narrative.

And you kept talking about Benin conquests in Yorubaland. Where, in particular? And don't even mention Eko (Lagos) cos I have got tens of link to show you that Eko was never a Benin colony, rather, it was, briefly, a Benin protectorate. You should know the difference if you are indeed grounded. Then, kindly provide me with references of those imaginary conquests that you keep recycling in your post.

And what do you mean by your insinuation of theft? It is simply ridiculous and foolhardy. I told you that Oba (King), as a yoruba word, predates the Benin Kingdom herself.

When you are able to provide answers to the viable inquisitive points that I raised in the former post, then I will take you as One who has adequate knowledge of the subject matter and we can continue, by you replying this particular post.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by ahamonyeka(m): 9:24pm On May 21, 2020
eseosa77:

FYI the new baby is not the future king! The future king who is the heir apparent was born by the first wife. He is Ezelekhae Ewuare.
ok
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by ahamonyeka(m): 9:24pm On May 21, 2020
Truthbites:

There's already a king. New baby is a prince.not king
ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Alafin's Wife, Ajoke Celebrates Her 27th Birthday - Photos / Aderemi Sijuwade Buys Car For Labisi Folawiyo Hours Before Their Wedding / Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.