Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy (56070 Views)

Oba Of Benin Welcome Quadruplets With 5th Wife / Ritual Rites Held To Welcome Oba Of Lagos And His Staff Of Office / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, His Wives And Children In Cute Family Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by AreaFada2: 11:24pm On May 18, 2020
Limperator:
A king is born... Congrats sir !
A prince.

Crown prince is already a young man.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by PureFace1(m): 11:28pm On May 18, 2020
gregyboy:

... Wetin you dey talk guy....

You dey talk nonsense

What does title represent

The benin oba title is

Omo n oba nedo ukwakpolopolo ewuare no gidigan (full title)

In short form he is called omo n oba or oba

You are the one talking nonsense. Everyone know "Oba" is a Yoruba word

You said name like "Ooni of Ife, Alaafin of Oyo, Owa of Obokun, Alake of Egbaland" etc are the real names of kings in Yoruba Land but they are just titles like that of Benin you called "Omo n Oba nedo"

The only difference is that Yoruba usually call out their kings with their titles in any publication. "Oba" means King in Yoruba but we call out our kings with their titles.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by RugChris: 11:28pm On May 18, 2020
gasparpisciotta:
Oba is human after all.
oba of Benin no use like Igbo kings
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 11:33pm On May 18, 2020
PureFace1:

You are the one talking nonsense. Everyone know "Oba" is a Yoruba word

You said name like "Ooni of Ife, Alaafin of Oyo, Owa of Obokun, Alake of Egbaland" etc are the real names of kings in Yoruba Land but they are just titles like that of Benin you called "Omo n Oba nedo"

The only difference is that Yoruba usually call out their kings with their titles in any publication. "Oba" means King in Yoruba but we call out our kings with their titles.

I told you the guy no go school.

In onisha.
They call it like this.

The Obi of Onisha, Igwe so so so.

In Yoruba
They call it like this.
Alaafin of Oyo, Oba so so so.

Why didn't he say Obi of onisha should be addressed like.

The Obi of onisha, Obi Vincent Emeka grin

Or they should say.
The Igwe of Onisha, Igwe Vicent emeka grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Maliqcious: 11:38pm On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

Oba is a Yoruba word, don't mind them
please name the supreme kings in yorubaland apart from formal benin colonies in Yorubaland that Uses the title Oba. Please non-benin Oba is never a yoruba name it was borrowed from the Yorubas. You can tell from benin names. Periodt
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 11:41pm On May 18, 2020
Maliqcious:
please name the supreme kings in yorubaland apart from formal benin colonies in Yorubaland

Ooni of ife
Alaafin of Oyo
Alake of Egba
Ajuwale of Ijebu
Osemawe of Ondo
Deji of Akure.
Owa obokun of ijesha
Olubadan of Ibadan
Orangun Ile ila
Soun of Ogbomosho

I can't type all the kings here

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Dollabiz: 11:42pm On May 18, 2020
Ok
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by PureFace1(m): 11:52pm On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

I told you the guy no go school.

In onisha.
They call it like this.

The Obi of Onisha, Igwe so so so.

In Yoruba
They call it like this.
Alaafin of Oyo, Oba so so so.

Why didn't he say Obi of onisha should be addressed like.

The Obi of onisha, Obi Vincent Emeka grin

Or they should say.
The Igwe of Onisha, Igwe Vicent emeka grin

Honestly I don't like arguing with them same as many Yoruba because they will make it seem like you are the one trying desperately to associate with them where as we really don't give a f.uck.

The best thing is to leave them to claim whatever they like, "Oba" that a five years old know it meaning in Yoruba is what they claimed Yoruba stole from them.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by PureFace1(m): 11:54pm On May 18, 2020
Maliqcious:
please name the supreme kings in yorubaland apart from formal benin colonies in Yorubaland that Uses the title Oba. Please non-benin Oba is never a yoruba name it was borrowed from the Yorubas. You can tell from benin names. Periodt

Which Benin Colony are you talking about when Benin itself was a Yoruba Colony?

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 11:57pm On May 18, 2020
PureFace1:

Honestly I don't like arguing with them same as many Yoruba because they will make it seem like you are the one trying desperately to associate with them where as we really don't give a f.uck.

The best thing is to leave them to claim whatever they like, "Oba" that a five years old know it meaning in Yoruba is what they claimed Yoruba stole from them.

Going by their logic
He said
Oba means shining and is an etymology word.

While it means King.

Why is it that Only in interpreting their Oba as a title (Omo'oba n'oba....) it means Shining

While Interpreting Oba in some of their names means King.

While Obaseki doesn't mean King or shining.

Like I don't go to school? grin that they'll be twisting my head with lies.

Or I wasn't educated grin

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Nelson7864: 12:04am On May 19, 2020
Congrats, HRH
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by PureFace1(m): 12:06am On May 19, 2020
Sammy07:

Going by their logic
He said
Oba means shining and is an etymology word.

While it means King.

Why is it that Only in interpreting their Oba as a title (Omo'oba n'oba....) it means Shining

While Interpreting Oba in some of their names
means King.

While Obaseki doesn't mean King or shining.

Like I don't go to school? grin that they'll be twisting my head with lies.

Or I wasn't educated grin

Please leave them and let them claim whatever they like or else you will just be stressing yourself, goodnight

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Kinjikitileking(m): 12:07am On May 19, 2020
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Jess29: 12:08am On May 19, 2020
Congratulations to the royal home of Benin kingdom. The peaceful land where I grew up
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 12:09am On May 19, 2020
PureFace1:

Please leave them and let them claim whatever they like or else you will just be stressing yourself, goodnight

Truth!
Goodnight Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by lesson44: 12:23am On May 19, 2020
cloud6999:
Must surely be a Bastard..

King has low sperm count
You most be so broke. No be the king cause your problem.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Ambber(f): 1:14am On May 19, 2020
Oba atokpe o
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by mufadem2012: 3:42am On May 19, 2020
Congrats Oba
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by valentinos22(m): 3:43am On May 19, 2020
cloud6999:
Must surely be a Bastard..

King has low sperm count

Use some part of ur sense naw ehn ...
is it possible u dont have any or do u intend handing it over to ur children as inheritance??

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by xpool(m): 5:26am On May 19, 2020
martineverest:
welcome my prince
Exactly why hereditary kingship is everlasting slavery.
You and your offsprings are subjects in perpetuity
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by favour32(m): 5:44am On May 19, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Oba ga tokpee, Isee!

Slawormir the Edo boy,I hope say you no go say "Damn Nigarrr" for this Royal matter?
Make e talk am na....hand go meet am for Benin grin...dem go send night jet come pick am for e bed with weed for e mouth.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Maliqcious: 5:45am On May 19, 2020
ifeelgood:
Oba of Benin is the governor of Edo state.
That throne carries weight.

Alaafin nack pass this Oba plus 2 face join
go sitdown sense to leave You
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by favour32(m): 5:47am On May 19, 2020
Sammy07:

Oba is a Yoruba word, don't mind them
As we dey chat for English language, nai be say we be part of England?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Maliqcious: 5:48am On May 19, 2020
Youngjohnosas:
una Don still come again, Each time u guys hear about the great Oba of Benin u start shivering and trying to prove yourselves with unnecessary stories to stay relevant.
e tire Me oo
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 5:53am On May 19, 2020
favour32:

As we dey chat for English language, nai be say we be part of England?

No, but some people impose that English language on you.
No be so

Or is it from Nigeria?
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Maliqcious: 5:55am On May 19, 2020
PureFace1:

Which Benin Colony are you talking about when Benin itself was a Yoruba Colony?
Apart from oyo and ibadan with strong empires can the yorubas boast of.. Any small thing na una.. The second most sophisicated empire in whole of africa.. Responsible for most of the slave trade business going on in west africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Sammy07: 6:09am On May 19, 2020
Maliqcious:
Apart from oyo and ibadan with strong empires can the yorubas boast of.. Any small thing na una.. The second most sophisicated empire in whole of africa.. Responsible for most of the slave trade business going on in west africa.

It's not our fault that God bless us wink

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by Spacko007(m): 6:25am On May 19, 2020
The same people demonising Sanusi Lamido Sanusi for welcoming a new baby recently are the ones congratulating the Oba of Benin now....SMH

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by jrusky(m): 6:36am On May 19, 2020
dammywizzy:
I thought they said the Oba doesn't smile, so why is he smiling in this picture?

Good question.
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by darediamond(m): 6:39am On May 19, 2020
demolinka:
You mean say oba sef dey...you understand...?
grin grin andegarba!!

grin grin

But na women they enter MENOPAUSE na!
Re: Oba Of Benin, Queen Iyayota Welcome Baby Boy by jrusky(m): 6:40am On May 19, 2020
Spacko007:
The same people demonising Sanusi Lamido Sanusi for welcoming a new baby recently are the ones congratulating the Oba of Benin now....SMH

Yea to them Sanusi was wrong but their Oba is right and itsee!!!

That is Nigeria for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

German Woman Dressed Like A Nigerian - Photos / Ooni Of Ife Meets Brazilian President, Lula / Oba Abdul Rasheed Adewale-akanbi: The Oluwo Of Iwo (pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.