Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) (108537 Views)

Auchi Polytechnic Student Used ₦100 Notes For Exam Malpractice (Pictured) / IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin / Meet Dehlia Umunna, The First Nigerian Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by qtx(m): 12:08pm On May 19, 2020
meanwhile some bunch of illiterates are in national assembly sleeping and raking millions monthly o shocked lord have mercy
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by OsuIgboIpob: 12:17pm On May 19, 2020
ybalogs:
The Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System (IPPIS) is an information Communications Technology (ICT) project initiated by the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of payroll administration for its Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs).
I'll copy and paste too cool wink wink wink
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by xxxXXXxxx: 12:19pm On May 19, 2020
Exc2000:
undecided

and you wonder why people do yahoo? Doctors earn within this range, only consultant earn 700k upward, even if you are not making people cry through bogus scam and just beg white men in US and Australia with beautiful female profile on rich dating sites throwing them some photoshoped nudes, you would definitely gross more than $500 a month

I now get why a lecturer would want to stay out of IPPS, because before a lecturer can break even, and take care of his needs, he would have to lecture in different colleges (which is violation of Civil Service rule) , sell mark to unserious student (gross misconduct) and over work himself

and to the Dunce slowpoke Denrestupid crying bellow my comment, leave your life according to your own personal conviction, nobody have to live life like you...

King Solomon raided many innocent villlages and looted them dry, stole peoples wives, Moses went to war and aso enjoyed spoils of war, same as David and Propet Muhammad SAW, Mathew Jesus's friend and disciple was a very corrupt tax official

United Kingdom raided Africa looted treasure and coonized us same as most European country, American did the same.. come to Nigeria, from Dangote to Adenuga they all have allegation of corporate fraud, enter politics Buhari, Atiku,Obasanjo, Jonathan, Yaradua snr and Jnr Abiola, Tinubu all have allegation bothering on fraud .. RCCG and Winners chapel, had one time or the other being alleged to launder money especially to UK through their registered NGO accounts, Ibrahim Magu a police Deputy Commisioner whose monthly take home is less than 800k, leaves in Asokoro with rent of N45 million a year, travels first class emirate of 2million naira to Saudi for Hajj, almost all banks commit one corporate fraud or the other

Start your preaching from the top abeg, because na poverty and fear wey never give you opportunity make you sef think say you holy, put a dunce like you near small change now, your own go worst

Matthew 25:14–30 the parable of the 3 legendary Servants best explains Nigerias situation and how to view oppurtunity

Honestly,This is deeps. God help us all in this country,man must help himself in life!
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by OsuIgboIpob: 12:23pm On May 19, 2020
heykims:

Mr Academic, u earlier claimed the gross was the take home salary before introduction of IPPIS. That was ur reply by referring to the 4th column when u were asked about salary before IPPIS.
Are you actually stupîd?
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Ezenwanne: 12:33pm On May 19, 2020
Globad:

Why not post the figures BEFORE IPPIS as well nah? undecided undecided

Are you saying that deductions like NHF, pension, taxes and dues were not being deducted from lecturers BEFORE IPPIS?

The purpose of this thread is not to discuss the adequacy of remuneration of lecturers.

It's to talk about why IPPIS should not be used for lecturers. The OP failed to prove it with the information he provided.
You are not the OP yet you know the purpose of the thread. Typical of Buhari puppets. They know it all.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by youngsahito(m): 12:35pm On May 19, 2020
Both federal government and ASUU are not sincere with themselves...Govt needs to increase their take home so also, Lectures needs to do more on their part to justify their pays and shoulder skip classes too.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by ogbonti: 12:56pm On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:
See Take Home Pay Of A Professor After IPPIS

These people have made up their minds to completely destroy the public university system.

Is this what a professors takes home in the universities that their own children do attend?

342k per month (less than $1,000) after about 20 years in service, and so many promotions.

This is just the end of the public university in Nigeria.

Note: 4th column says "gross", and gross means total including all allowances.

the professors are greedy. Why are they comparing the salary to the US$? do they live in America? are they spending their salaries in America? For goodness sakes, these are supposed to be academic egg heads and they are acting and reasoning worse than illiterates. Do they understand what the term standard of living means? A US professor in a regular University which is not Ivy-League makes average of $6,000 to $8,000 a month (gross) for instance lives on that same level with a Nigerian professor making N350,000 in terms of standard of living!

How you may ask

While the US professor feeds his family and pays his rents (let me use rent rather than mortgage for easy understanding by folks who do not live in the USA) say about $2,000 averagely a month if he lives in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana or Alabama, in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts or California, then he is paying almost double of that averagely and the wage difference is not more than $1,000 or so

By the time the Professor service his students loans for maybe 4 or 5 degrees he acquired, almost $2,500 extra is gone from that check. And then he pays car note which may be up to $700!to $900 monthly and insurance of $250 monthly and takes care of his family and leisure -

If care is not taking that professor may never own his own house in his life time.

Do not forget that the stuff that Nigerian professors get away with in Nigeria like selling their own books and handouts which may not meet curriculum standards of the university or even approved by the NUC (Nigerian University’s Commission).

Also accepting blocking and other perks that are unethical, a US professor can never even think of that in their wildest dreams. Except for tenured professors, most professors in the US can be fired from their jobs instanta if they get poor student reviews at the end of every single semester.

TELL ME - will any of these professors complaining in Nigeria want to subject themselves and their employment sustainability on the reviews of the very students they molest, harass and victimize daily? I doubt!

abeg enough of these whining about what they earn and the dollar equivalent. dollars are earned in America and bills are not payed with Naira in America, it is payed with dollars also and please stop the conversion none sense.

Lastly, salaries are a function of demand and supply- so what value does Nigerian professors add to the educational system in Nigeria in terms of “research and discoveries” to merit the influx of international students rushing to Nigeria to acquire knowledge by paying their school fees in US dollars? so the professors can earn US dollars ?

you can’t cannot reap what you did not sow

Exceptional Nigerian professors who distinguished themselves like Woke Soyinka, the Late Chinua Achebe, Late Chike Obi and countless others in different Nigerian universities travelled overseas as adjunct professors and earned some dollars once in a while but when most of them returned, there was
no much difference in their financial lives because while there in America, they earned dollars and payed bills with dollars- Finito!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by COMPAQ(m): 1:01pm On May 19, 2020
emmasege:

Trust me, the figure before IPPIS wasn't better. The only news deduction after introducing IPPIS is NHF which is just about 10k. Add that to the current net income under IPPIS, that's about #350k.

Now, I put the question to you, is #350k a befitting salary for a professor in Nigeria?

Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Botswana among other African nations pay their professors much higher.

But Nigerian petrol is also the cheapest. Petrol in Ghana is about N280 per litre. Rent is also 'cheap' in Nigeria outside of Lagos, Abuja and PH.

So while I do agree that professors should be better paid, perhaps double of that, comparing ditectly to other countries is not accurate.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by stasius: 1:02pm On May 19, 2020
Wait oooo! Their tax is even small.

Do you know how much health workers pay in pita tax

With gross of 4 hundred and something your tax alone won't be less than 80k.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 19, 2020
galaxy2020:
..am sure there other allowances not mentioned

You are sure... cool
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by COMPAQ(m): 1:08pm On May 19, 2020
My sister in Houston lives in a 3 bedroom house and it costs $1,850 per month, which is N740k at 400! Rent in Bodija, Ibadan for similar house will be like N1mln a year. So 2 months of rent in Houston will pay a full year rent in Ibadan.

Her Car insurance is $95 a month which is about N456k. Here it costs you much less.

So it's not appropriate to convert salaries and compare!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by iswallker(m): 1:18pm On May 19, 2020
heykims:
You should also tell us the pay before IPPIS. IPPIS didn't cut down salaries but ensures tax, pension and other deductions are optimally removed.
People in academics have been evading tax for years and IPPIS enrolment will break that.
Mind u, civil servants are generally poorly paid not just professors.
Op is also a liar, there are other allowances attached.

Which allowances - pls be specific.. undecided
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by alhabeeb(m): 1:18pm On May 19, 2020
sinkhole:
In Ghana, the average salary of a Professor is about $1300 per month.
According to IPPIS table Nigerian Professor has about $850 per month.
We should just not talk about countries like South Africa at all!

Bro, am interested in this your fact, pls how much is the tuition fee ( Total package) in public university in Ghana as well?
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by KunleyY19(m): 1:21pm On May 19, 2020
hoMegas:
While not absolving university lecturers of corruption, one cannot but suspect the Buhari Administration of trying to dumb down and destroy the Educational system.

This is to ensure an almajirisation of the educated parts of Nigeria.

I implore Nigerians to put aside all sentiments and elect a good ,[/b]youthful leader in 2023,[/b] because if we don't get it right then, Nigeria will require an event of seismic proportion to get back on track.

Always remember sense, God fearing and love for common man... No be by age ooo... Yahaya bello na young man...
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 19, 2020
galaxy2020:

It is the IPPIS
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by KunleyY19(m): 1:32pm On May 19, 2020
It's just the way we don't value academics...

So Godwin Obaje of Kano Pillars earning 1m a month then in whack NPFL earns more than a prof. Including Mfon Udoh, And Ezenwa.. Chai!!!

Even State govts pay the footballers more than them... Chai!!!

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by omokab: 1:37pm On May 19, 2020
hoMegas:
While not absolving university lecturers of corruption, one cannot but suspect the Buhari Administration of trying to dumb down and destroy the Educational system.

This is to ensure an almajirisation of the educated parts of Nigeria.

I implore Nigerians to put aside all sentiments and elect a good ,youthful leader in 2023,because if we don't get it right then, Nigeria will require an event of seismic proportion to get back on track.
this is not about buari problem my friend. Ippis has been introduced since before buarigot into power by Jonathan administration. I know what I suffered from the hand of ippis. In fact ma still batlling with it. Some of our allowances were cut off due to ippis doesn't pay this and that. Nigeria have a lot of problem.when someone is telling us that a computer can't pay certain allowance.I asked someone if is not a person or certain group of people that imputed those to pay into the system, why can't they accommodate all allowances into the ippiss?
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by BitmapStudios: 1:51pm On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:
See Take Home Pay Of A Professor After IPPIS

These people have made up their minds to completely destroy the public university system.

Is this what a professors takes home in the universities that their own children do attend?

342k per month (less than $1,000) after about 20 years in service, and so many promotions.

This is just the end of the public university in Nigeria.

Note: 4th column says "gross", and gross means total including all allowances.

Happney65, do you remember I once told you that, a Professor of Medicine in an FMC or teaching hospital in Nigeria cannot legitimately afford to buy a brand new car with the savings of his whole one year salary, even if he enters the theatre everyday.

This is the true state of Nigerian medi-sphere.

cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Myketuale(m): 1:55pm On May 19, 2020
Exc2000:
undecided

and you wonder why people do yahoo? Doctors earn within this range, only consultant earn 700k upward, even if you are not making people cry through bogus scam and just beg white men in US and Australia with beautiful female profile on rich dating sites throwing them some photoshoped nudes, you would definitely gross more than $500 a month

I now get why a lecturer would want to stay out of IPPS, because before a lecturer can break even, and take care of his needs, he would have to lecture in different colleges (which is violation of Civil Service rule) , sell mark to unserious student (gross misconduct) and over work himself

and to the Dunce slowpoke Denrestupid crying bellow my comment, leave your life according to your own personal conviction, nobody have to live life like you...

King Solomon raided many innocent villlages and looted them dry, stole peoples wives, Moses went to war and aso enjoyed spoils of war, same as David and Propet Muhammad SAW, Mathew Jesus's friend and disciple was a very corrupt tax official

United Kingdom raided Africa looted treasure and coonized us same as most European country, American did the same.. come to Nigeria, from Dangote to Adenuga they all have allegation of corporate fraud, enter politics Buhari, Atiku,Obasanjo, Jonathan, Yaradua snr and Jnr Abiola, Tinubu all have allegation bothering on fraud .. RCCG and Winners chapel, had one time or the other being alleged to launder money especially to UK through their registered NGO accounts, Ibrahim Magu a police Deputy Commisioner whose monthly take home is less than 800k, leaves in Asokoro with rent of N45 million a year, travels first class emirate of 2million naira to Saudi for Hajj, almost all banks commit one corporate fraud or the other

Start your preaching from the top abeg, because na poverty and fear wey never give you opportunity make you sef think say you holy, put a dunce like you near small change now, your own go worst

Matthew 25:14–30 the parable of the 3 legendary Servants best explains Nigerias situation and how to view oppurtunity

Everybody na thief.
Na person wey dem catch be barawo
May God revive this country for us ��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by BlackSpanner: 2:08pm On May 19, 2020
Samcent:

You remind me of an experience I had during my university days.
Three of my classmates and I went to a certain Prof, to 'beg' him to come and take his course, as exam was about 2 weeks away and he was yet to attend class even once. The reply he gave to us left me in shock till date and destroyed my confidence in our educational system.
If you must school in this country, be street-smart and try to acquire skills that can put food on your table.

Bros! Complete your gist na. What did the Prof say to you. Make we follow learn small thing.

This country can induce depression to it's citizens for nothing.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by ProfAmaben(m): 2:26pm On May 19, 2020
galaxy2020:
Ippis doesn't give room for allowances
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by mechanics(m): 2:42pm On May 19, 2020
Hahahah, now their eyes has open, some deductions were not properly done, like taxes, NHF and others, what IPPIS has done is the normal thing according to the law, if they don't want that, they should go to the National assembly to effect a change of the law and it will apply to all civil servants.

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Plut01: 2:54pm On May 19, 2020
Exc2000:

I respect your believe, but respect my reality too .. as a boy the day you ask your self what you want out of life, is the day you become a man and define your own path... for some happiness comes from good live and luxury, to others it comes from living a just life, and to others its about fulfilling every dreams they have, either ways God gave us all free will to decide our own path

even as a muslim I hold this biblical parabes in high esteem
Matthew 25:14–30

the story of 3 servants holds common sense of life

This Egbon never disappoint.
Always giving it out intelligently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Samcent: 2:56pm On May 19, 2020
BlackSpanner:

Bros! Complete your gist na. What did the Prof say to you. Make we follow learn small thing.

This country can induce depression to it's citizens for nothing.
lol..

I would have love to compete the gist but this is a public forum, and I am very mindful of that.

Some Lecturers are not encouraging at all. That singular encounter derailed my ambition of going into the academia.

However, I am grateful to God for where I am today. Given what I have seen here, my take home pay is not too far from that of a Prof.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Plut01: 3:00pm On May 19, 2020
seanwilliam:
edit my comment and inbox me

Expect my Message too bro. You valid
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Okiibe(m): 3:18pm On May 19, 2020
My opinion, there would have been nothing wrong, if politicians will be like:

President...300k

Governors...250k

Senators...200k

Reps...175k

Ministers...150k

State commissioners...120k

etcetra etcetra...

I mean, Nigerian politics must be 'demonetized'.
People who go into politics should do so for zeal to serve and bring examplary and sacrificial contribution to Nigerian development, NOT TO MAKE MONEY AT THE DETRIMENT OF THE COUNTRY.

NIGERIA MUST NOT BE SEEN AS A "CASH COW" ONLY THEN WILL WE BE ON THE PART TO REAL NATIONAL PROGRESS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Asadujames202(m): 3:22pm On May 19, 2020
seanwilliam:
edit my comment and inbox me

How!

You mean I should email you?
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Okiibe(m): 3:33pm On May 19, 2020
mechanics:
Hahahah, now their eyes has open, some deductions were not properly done, like taxes, NHF and others, what IPPIS has done is the normal thing according to the law, if they don't want that, they should go to the National assembly to effect a change of the law and it will apply to all civil servants.
Your point is cogent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Globad(f): 3:34pm On May 19, 2020
Ezenwanne:
You are not the OP yet you know the purpose of the thread. Typical of Buhari puppets. They know it all.

You're unintelligent.

You have called me a puppet without knowing me. Can you see how foolish you are?

Are you the OP who knows the purpose of the thread, even without reading the title? Can you see how daft you can be?

Just get lost as I'm not interested in your likes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by xxxXXXxxx: 3:43pm On May 19, 2020
Okiibe:
My opinion, there would have been nothing wrong, if politicians will be like:

President...300k

Governors...250k

Senators...200k

Reps...175k

Ministers...150k

State commissioners...120k

etcetra etcetra...

I mean, Nigerian politics must be 'demonetized'.
People who go into politics should do so for zeal to serve and bring examplary and sacrificial contribution to Nigerian development, NOT TO MAKE MONEY AT THE DETRIMENT OF THE COUNTRY.

NIGERIA MUST NOT BE SEEN AS A "CASH COW" ONLY THEN WILL WE BE ON THE PART TO REAL NATIONAL PROGRESS.

you have made a valid contribution. This would be a good thing for the development of this nation.

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by heykims(m): 3:45pm On May 19, 2020
acetylcholine:

I don't usually comment but I logged in purposely to reply you and others like you who just conclude without facts.

I am sure no member of your family is a lecturer, if not, you would have seen it on their payslip even before IPPIS matter came up that tax is deducted every month.

A resident doctor said he can cover cross to academics because it is slavery as he earns more than a professor who cannot boast of taking 450k home as salary.

Which other allowances were you referring to? You think this is NNPC or CBN or other agencies that you are given travel allowances etc? As a lecturer, hazard allowance per month is eight hundred and forty one naira(#841), on the payslip before IPPIS. Technologies that fought for theirs we're paid 30k hazard allowance before, but with IPPIS, the government removed hazard allowance and unexplainable deductions NASU, NAAT etc are aggitating against.

Another deduction is NHS, national housing fund which by law is not compulsory. You are a big fool if you think you can continue living in rented apartment and government will someday build house for you.

Also how do you explain the fact that 2 individuals in the same cader and step do not get the same salaries? It is only gullible people FG can decieve that they are saving billions with IPPIS. If they are saving money at all, it is the pay of lecturers unjustly cut.

Lest I forget, I know not less than 2people who do not have a federal government job but received salaries through IPPIS. It is people without brains the government can decieve. Let me rest my case here.
Thanks for the explanation.
But news have been flying around for years that hazard allowance for lecturers is about 30k, is that a lie?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Which University Has The Highest Rate Of Cultism In Nigeria? / 2016/2017 OOU Admission Thread / Cucumber Stuck on A UNN Female Student's Private Part During Masturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.