Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) (108501 Views)

Auchi Polytechnic Student Used ₦100 Notes For Exam Malpractice (Pictured) / IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin / Meet Dehlia Umunna, The First Nigerian Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Exc2000: 10:54am On May 19, 2020
4FACEADELEKE:

Bro you see street, if you no support am with extra mile, you go hustle tire you fit no pick shishi.Or you fit pick once in a blue moon. I believe one thing say get wetin to do,handwork, or job, then you use street support am.If street pay e pay,if e no pay the other one go pay.If you use based on grace for street hunger go wash you.If i no use extra mile i no fit ever say i wan go hussle for street again.Na lesson wey I learn.

sense they wetin you just talk. boys don they get brain now, even if you dey on street hustle, you fit own bet shop, you fit use your car for uber and bolt, you fit get real trade skill, and if FG slot for job open you fit plug yourself, as oneway no fit sustain anybody this days
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by yumu: 10:54am On May 19, 2020
This is why honesty is missing in Nigeria, until this country is well restructure, things will continue to go worse.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by proffemi: 10:55am On May 19, 2020
KingAzubuike:

You are obviously a lecturer. Reason why you sound so bitter and pained. Take heart.

I have seen your posts above, so I don't expect anything good to come out of exchanging words with you. I will therefore limit myself to just this one response to you. I do it because of the thought that maybe you are not a blockhead after all; maybe your bitterness stems from your experiences at the hands of your lecturers (who ironically may be in the system only because of the FG's criminal neglect and underfunding).

This one no be "them say". I am a lecturer. I am proud of this fact. I don't do this work because of FG's peanuts, nor do I depend on it. I don't do it because of any expectation of adulation from the majority of students or society. I do it for posterity, and I am extremely proud of my life's work.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by AdaoraNK(f): 10:56am On May 19, 2020
The salary is too poor. When some people make 30 - 50 dollars about 20k per day online.

They should add more fund to the health and education budget.

All the ones they are budgeting for infrastructure are being looted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Vetsolo(m): 10:56am On May 19, 2020
[

Well said
quote author=heykims post=89707298]You

should also tell us the pay before IPPIS. IPPIS didn't cut down salaries but ensures tax, pension and other deductions are optimally removed.
People in academics have been evading tax for years and IPPIS enrolment will break that.
Mind u, civil servants are generally poorly paid not just professors.
Op is also a liar, there are other allowances attached. [/quote]
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by KingAzubuike(f): 10:59am On May 19, 2020
proffemi:

I have seen your posts above, so I don't expect anything good to come out of exchanging words with you. I will therefore limit myself to just this one response to you. I do it because of the thought that maybe you are not a blockhead after all; maybe your bitterness stems from your experiences at the hands of your lecturers (who ironically may be in the system only because of the FG's criminal neglect and underfunding).

This one no be "them say". I am a lecturer. I am proud of this fact. I don't do this work because of FG's peanuts, nor do I depend on it. I don't do it because of any expectation of adulation from the majority of students or society. I do it for posterity, and I am extremely proud of my life's work.
My friend keep quiet there and look for something better to do with your life. Who are you? nonsense.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Jaqenhghar: 11:02am On May 19, 2020
proffemi:

It is not a chicken and egg problem at all. It must start from the government ensuring that top minds are attracted, recruited, and given proper conducive environments to work. They must then put in place mechanisms to ensure productivity and accountability. It is actually as simple as that.

The real problem is where the funding would come from, but I don't want to go there.
I have learnt that in Niggeria, the simplest things to do are the hardest.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by justt: 11:02am On May 19, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Let's be very sincere who destroyed the university system? Is it not the same professors who do nothing , no research, mismanage grants, dont write papers just sit and award grades and come to lectures when they feel like.
The truth is in in Niggeria everyone wants to be paid for doing nothing. Working hard is seen as suffering. Everyone wants to be millionaire overnight na him cause this wahala. You have a system that is overburdened with too many employees who are not showing any tangible results for the pay they take.
The day the government stops being a charity organization then we will see progress

This is just like a father telling his children that he could not provide for their needs because he knows their mates that are getting money from Yahoo yahoo/prostitution!

Of course, we all know some parents do that and I can see you are not different from such parents. So, the FG should reduce lecturers' salary because of the few bag eggs? What a way to reason!
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by acorntree(m): 11:08am On May 19, 2020
KingAzubuike:

You are obviously a lecturer. Reason why you sound so bitter and pained. Take heart.

Becareful. He is a Professor, he can brutally deal with you!!

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by KingAzubuike(f): 11:09am On May 19, 2020
acorntree:

Becareful. He is a Professor, he can brutally deal with you!!
Lol.. what I've attained in this life, he can never get there with his professorship.. we no be mates.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by jmaine: 11:13am On May 19, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Lol.. what I've attained in this life, he can never get there with his professorship.. we no be mates.

You know this how... ? Audio billionaire

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Grandmeister(m): 11:14am On May 19, 2020
EricBloodAxe:
While the politicians are piling up allowances upon allowances minus their basic salaries and changing cars every 4yrs to the detriment of the nation's economy, they chose to leverage on their unending pillagery by initiating dubious schemes to shortchange hardworking lecturers who toil to impact knowledge everyday under mundane conditions in our decaying institutions.

It's a shame that a man who promised eldorado for legitimate, hardworking Nigerians in 2015 is the same person who is frolicking with dubious, criminally minded politicians to shortchange the masses. If the so called IPPIS cannot be introduced for Nigerian politicians, let ASUU stay away from the univerisities till further notice.
Many of those professors voted Buhari...an academician voting a man who can't tie the lace of the best students in a 200level course academically...you expect a miracle from such a man? You think such a man will give a hoot about academic cred?
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by dwilliams: 11:14am On May 19, 2020
Baba make we relate
Exc2000:
undecided

and you wonder why people do yahoo? Doctors earn within this range, only consultant earn 700k upward, even if you are not making people cry through bogus scam and just beg white men in US and Australia with beautiful female profile on rich dating sites throwing them some photoshoped nudes, you would definitely gross more than $500 a month

I now get why a lecturer would want to stay out of IPPS, because before a lecturer can break even, and take care of his needs, he would have to lecture in different colleges (which is violation of Civil Service rule) , sell mark to unserious student (gross misconduct) and over work himself

and to the Dunce slowpoke Denrestupid crying bellow my comment, leave your life according to your own personal conviction, nobody have to live life like you...

King Solomon raided many innocent villlages and looted them dry, stole peoples wives, Moses went to war and aso enjoyed spoils of war, same as David and Propet Muhammad SAW, Mathew Jesus's friend and disciple was a very corrupt tax official

United Kingdom raided Africa looted treasure and coonized us same as most European country, American did the same.. come to Nigeria, from Dangote to Adenuga they all have allegation of corporate fraud, enter politics Buhari, Atiku,Obasanjo, Jonathan, Yaradua snr and Jnr Abiola, Tinubu all have allegation bothering on fraud .. RCCG and Winners chapel, had one time or the other being alleged to launder money especially to UK through their registered NGO accounts, Ibrahim Magu a police Deputy Commisioner whose monthly take home is less than 800k, leaves in Asokoro with rent of N45 million a year, travels first class emirate of 2million naira to Saudi for Hajj, almost all banks commit one corporate fraud or the other

Start your preaching from the top abeg, because na poverty and fear wey never give you opportunity make you sef think say you holy, put a dunce like you near small change now, your own go worst

Matthew 25:14–30 the parable of the 3 legendary Servants best explains Nigerias situation and how to view oppurtunity

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by seanwilliam(m): 11:15am On May 19, 2020
Asadujames202:

Can video calls be photoshopped?
edit my comment and inbox me
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by PHijo(m): 11:16am On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:
See Take Home Pay Of A Professor After IPPIS

These people have made up their minds to completely destroy the public university system.

Is this what a professors takes home in the universities that their own children do attend?

342k per month (less than $1,000) after about 20 years in service, and so many promotions.

This is just the end of the public university in Nigeria.

Note: 4th column says "gross", and gross means total including all allowances.

That is what you get with over 70 percent loss in value of the Naira in the last 5 years. Most times we address the symptoms instead of the sickness.

Without the right economic and political reforms which includes deregulation of several sectors and fiscal federalism, professionals (including professors) will barely earn a reasonable wage.

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by olaniyilukman(m): 11:17am On May 19, 2020
galaxy2020:
..well, they country is passing through difficult times financially, they will always find a way to make it up, trust Nigerians
Will you stop defending what is undefendable. Don't allow this lecturers and professors to brainwashed your brain and misled your intellectual property.. These people are earning good money and they are living good with their families. They changed cars at their wills

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by magzey: 11:22am On May 19, 2020
Salary for a professor ought not to be below 750k at least. undecided undecided
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by thundafire: 11:23am On May 19, 2020
EricBloodAxe:

No allowances
so tax and other obligations shouldn't be deducted from their salary abi? All dis useless lecturers shouting for research grants,how many have dn research to better the knowledge of students

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by thundafire: 11:25am On May 19, 2020
Globad:

Why not post the figures BEFORE IPPIS as well nah? undecided undecided

Are you saying that deductions like NHF, pension, taxes and dues were not being deducted from lecturers BEFORE IPPIS?

The purpose of this thread is not to discuss the adequacy of remuneration of lecturers.

It's to talk about why IPPIS should not be used for lecturers. The OP failed to prove it with the information he provided.
that's to tell u it's not deducted but dey VC and bursar will deduct and short change them,then blame government

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by zeelux97(m): 11:28am On May 19, 2020
Exc2000:
undecided

and you wonder why people do yahoo? Doctors earn within this range, only consultant earn 700k upward, even if you are not making people cry through bogus scam and just beg white men in US and Australia with beautiful female profile on rich dating sites throwing them some photoshoped nudes, you would definitely gross more than $500 a month

I now get why a lecturer would want to stay out of IPPS, because before a lecturer can break even, and take care of his needs, he would have to lecture in different colleges (which is violation of Civil Service rule) , sell mark to unserious student (gross misconduct) and over work himself

and to the Dunce slowpoke Denrestupid crying bellow my comment, leave your life according to your own personal conviction, nobody have to live life like you...

King Solomon raided many innocent villlages and looted them dry, stole peoples wives, Moses went to war and aso enjoyed spoils of war, same as David and Propet Muhammad SAW, Mathew Jesus's friend and disciple was a very corrupt tax official

United Kingdom raided Africa looted treasure and coonized us same as most European country, American did the same.. come to Nigeria, from Dangote to Adenuga they all have allegation of corporate fraud, enter politics Buhari, Atiku,Obasanjo, Jonathan, Yaradua snr and Jnr Abiola, Tinubu all have allegation bothering on fraud .. RCCG and Winners chapel, had one time or the other being alleged to launder money especially to UK through their registered NGO accounts, Ibrahim Magu a police Deputy Commisioner whose monthly take home is less than 800k, leaves in Asokoro with rent of N45 million a year, travels first class emirate of 2million naira to Saudi for Hajj, almost all banks commit one corporate fraud or the other

Start your preaching from the top abeg, because na poverty and fear wey never give you opportunity make you sef think say you holy, put a dunce like you near small change now, your own go worst

Matthew 25:14–30 the parable of the 3 legendary Servants best explains Nigerias situation and how to view oppurtunity

that oil wey dey your head, walahi e nor go ever dry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Jokerman(m): 11:30am On May 19, 2020
seanwilliam:
sure na... some lecturers self na millionaires o.. most of them they see their salary before before month ends self.. I know of a school where sorting is the order of the day

Okada? grin
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Jokerman(m): 11:31am On May 19, 2020
heykims:
You should also tell us the pay before IPPIS. IPPIS didn't cut down salaries but ensures tax, pension and other deductions are optimally removed.
People in academics have been evading tax for years and IPPIS enrolment will break that.
Mind u, civil servants are generally poorly paid not just professors.
Op is also a liar, there are other allowances attached.

Why is IPPIS not extended to senators, reps and the presidency, governors etc??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by dustydee: 11:36am On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:

These people have made up their minds to completely destroy the public university system.

Is this what a professors takes home in the universities that their own children do attend?

342k per month (less than $1,000) after about 20 years in service, and so many promotions.

The total take home for a new professor is 342K and that is low but it is not the fault of IPPIS but that is the current salary scale as at today. Mind you they also have pension and NHF contributions which is there's but not immediately available to them.
They should be asking for better pay and not fighting against IPPIS.
I have seen vacancies here in the UK for university lecturers and was disappointed by the pay. My professors then in Uni did not rely on their salaries but on research grants, private consultancy services, inventions and other similar means of income. Nigerian academics will do well to be productive but I acknowledge that that will be difficult given the inadequate research facilities available to them.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Jokerman(m): 11:39am On May 19, 2020
proffemi:

I never knew what lecturers were passing through till I attained my Msc, and I was wow these guys are not where they are supposed to be.

Honestly if we have a good system, I see no reason why clowns like Dino, Obasa and their ilks will be receiving better paychecks than men and women who dedicate their time to research when their mates are flying from Dubai to Paris

My only grouse with lecturers is that they wholeheartedly supported a clown like Buhari to power...mhen, upon all the education... Well tribalism and religion will always trump education in Nigeria though

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by acetylcholine(f): 11:47am On May 19, 2020
mofedamijo:

I do not need to justify anything, and yea its a federal university, you want me to prove something since 2009, i left naija shortly after, am i suppose to keep someone else payslip since 2009??

That is mere hearsay. No professor earns a basic salary of 600k. Even professors that taught me don't earn this. My point is let your conclusions be based on facts, not what you heard.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by jmaine: 11:50am On May 19, 2020
mofedamijo:

I do not need to justify anything, and yea its a federal university, you want me to prove something since 2009, i left naija shortly after, am i suppose to keep someone else payslip since 2009??

This is a lie, it can't be justified anywhere.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Avidot: 11:53am On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:

This is not true. Especially if you are referring to federal university Professors. This is a mere basic salary of which allowances are even much more talk less of Grant's. IPPIS has nothing to do with destroying the educational system rather it only shows a better structure for accountability . OP Please read more on IPPIS.

Also must you convert the money into dollars before you get the value picture?

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by craleonic: 11:53am On May 19, 2020
proffemi:

The gross pays are right there on the left half of the table. What has changed is that IPPIS is increasing the deductions (right half).
So do you still believe lecturers are fairly remunerated?

And what exactly were the deductions before IPPIS? That needs to be stated as well.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by proffemi: 11:57am On May 19, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

I have learnt that in Niggeria, the simplest things to do are the hardest.
Well, I said "simple", not "easy" grin

Jokes apart, what I have laid out is the simplified version of what needs to be done. It isn't ASUU's job to do it.
If FG - because they think it is difficult - fail to do things the right way, then they have no right to blame ASUU. You get what you pay for. FG cannot complain about the quality they are getting if they are not funding the system.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by jmaine: 11:57am On May 19, 2020
Avidot:

This is not true. Especially if you are referring to federal university Professors. This is a mere basic salary of which allowances are even much more talk less of Grant's. IPPIS has nothing to do with destroying the educational system rather it only shows a better structure for accountability . OP Please read more on IPPIS.

Also must you convert the money into dollars before you get the value picture?

Stop making an uninformed post ... Didn't you see "Gross" in the attached pic in the OP... Gross means it involves both basic and allowances..
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Tareq1105: 12:06pm On May 19, 2020
EricBloodAxe:
While the politicians are piling up allowances upon allowances minus their basic salaries and changing cars every 4yrs to the detriment of the nation's economy, they chose to leverage on their unending pillagery by initiating dubious schemes to shortchange hardworking lecturers who toil to impact knowledge everyday under mundane conditions in our decaying institutions.

It's a shame that a man who promised eldorado for legitimate, hardworking Nigerians in 2015 is the same person who is frolicking with dubious, criminally minded politicians to shortchange the masses. If the so called IPPIS cannot be introduced for Nigerian politicians, let ASUU stay away from the univerisities till further notice.

Very unfortunate for the most populous black nation in the world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Which University Has The Highest Rate Of Cultism In Nigeria? / 2016/2017 OOU Admission Thread / Cucumber Stuck on A UNN Female Student's Private Part During Masturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.