Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,150 members, 7,811,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) (108522 Views)

Auchi Polytechnic Student Used ₦100 Notes For Exam Malpractice (Pictured) / IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin / Meet Dehlia Umunna, The First Nigerian Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by adams123: 9:37am On May 19, 2020
And we can all testify to how much our national assembly members are taking home monthly! we are all cowards on social media bragging about our tribal and religion differences day in day out while these few of us are busy milking the country lean without anyone deems it fit to organize a peaceful protest against their dastardly acts of inhumanity to the larger percentage of the masses of this nation. SHAME ON ALL OF US AGAIN, NONSENSE!!!
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by mofedamijo(m): 9:38am On May 19, 2020
acetylcholine:

Please you state the university you graduated from. I am sure it is a private university not a federal university. And if it is a federal university, please post a sample of the payslip to justify a Prof. takes home 600k

I do not need to justify anything, and yea its a federal university, you want me to prove something since 2009, i left naija shortly after, am i suppose to keep someone else payslip since 2009??

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Geeflow(m): 9:39am On May 19, 2020
seanwilliam:
person wey efcc dey find that year.. he was the hottest for abk( not richest ) that year.. I hear say he go jam minister for dating..
And that guy no sabi anything atall.. na luck fall on am sha... zlatan self respect am die.. cos he came to mapoly that time..
bro please teach me work, I want to try and cash out
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by proffemi: 9:42am On May 19, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Lack of funding is an excuse not to vome to class, or divert fubds meant for research. Truth is if they were comitted to their jobs even the FG will be forced to take them seriously. I repeat was it not hear we heard of government funds meant for research that the academicians use to buy car and house. Somehow you have ignored this point.

Which point have I ignored? That misappropriation sometimes happens? Where in the world doesn't that happen? It certainly does in every developed country that I know. So why should that prevent the government from properly funding education?

If you think the proper thing is for government to under-fund education in the misguided belief that they would then pump up funds after lecturers show themselves to be good boys, then you know nothing about how tertiary education is run around the world. Hint: you get what you pay for. I would humbly suggest you read up a bit on that before commenting further, otherwise your points would be built entirely on your biases.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by ladychioma: 9:44am On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:

You must have been following a lot of government propaganda against ASUU.
Ask any if your trusted relations who is a lecturer.
IPPIS have destroyed public universities in Nigeria.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by dammywapes(m): 9:46am On May 19, 2020
Bros
Exc2000:
undecided

and you wonder why people do yahoo? Doctors earn within this range, only consultant earn 700k upward, even if you are not making people cry through bogus scam and just beg white men in US and Australia with beautiful female profile on rich dating sites throwing them some photoshoped nudes, you would definitely gross more than $500 a month

I now get why a lecturer would want to stay out of IPPS, because before a lecturer can break even, and take care of his needs, he would have to lecture in different colleges (which is violation of Civil Service rule) , sell mark to unserious student (gross misconduct) and over work himself

and to the Dunce slowpoke Denrestupid crying bellow my comment, leave your life according to your own personal conviction, nobody have to live life like you...

King Solomon raided many innocent villlages and looted them dry, stole peoples wives, Moses went to war and aso enjoyed spoils of war, same as Moses and Propet Muhammad SAW, Mathew Jesus's friend and disciple was a very corrupt tax official

United Kingdom raided Africa looted treasure and coonized us same as most European country, American did the same.. come to Nigeria, from Dangote to Adenuga they all have allegation of corporate fraud, enter politics Buhari, Atiku,Obasanjo, Jonathan, Yaradua snr and Jnr Abiola, Tinubu all have allegation bothering on fraud .. RCCG and Winners chapel, had one time or the other being alleged to launder money especially to UK through their registered NGO accounts, Ibrahim Magu a police Deputy Commisioner whose monthly take home is less than 800k, leaves in Asokoro with rent of N45 million a year, travels first class emirate of 2million naira to Saudi for Hajj, almost all banks commit one corporate fraud or the other

Start your preaching from the top abeg, because na poverty and fear wey never give you opportunity make you sef think say you holy, put a dunce like you near small change now, your own go worst

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by harmony940(m): 9:49am On May 19, 2020
Exc2000:
undecided
Brother I salute,more power to your elbow,you made my day by your very powerful statement..

and you wonder why people do yahoo? Doctors earn within this range, only consultant earn 700k upward, even if you are not making people cry through bogus scam and just beg white men in US and Australia with beautiful female profile on rich dating sites throwing them some photoshoped nudes, you would definitely gross more than $500 a month

I now get why a lecturer would want to stay out of IPPS, because before a lecturer can break even, and take care of his needs, he would have to lecture in different colleges (which is violation of Civil Service rule) , sell mark to unserious student (gross misconduct) and over work himself

and to the Dunce slowpoke Denrestupid crying bellow my comment, leave your life according to your own personal conviction, nobody have to live life like you...

King Solomon raided many innocent villlages and looted them dry, stole peoples wives, Moses went to war and aso enjoyed spoils of war, same as Moses and Propet Muhammad SAW, Mathew Jesus's friend and disciple was a very corrupt tax official

United Kingdom raided Africa looted treasure and coonized us same as most European country, American did the same.. come to Nigeria, from Dangote to Adenuga they all have allegation of corporate fraud, enter politics Buhari, Atiku,Obasanjo, Jonathan, Yaradua snr and Jnr Abiola, Tinubu all have allegation bothering on fraud .. RCCG and Winners chapel, had one time or the other being alleged to launder money especially to UK through their registered NGO accounts, Ibrahim Magu a police Deputy Commisioner whose monthly take home is less than 800k, leaves in Asokoro with rent of N45 million a year, travels first class emirate of 2million naira to Saudi for Hajj, almost all banks commit one corporate fraud or the other

Start your preaching from the top abeg, because na poverty and fear wey never give you opportunity make you sef think say you holy, put a dunce like you near small change now, your own go worst

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by jackie3: 9:49am On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:
See Take Home Pay Of A Professor After IPPIS

These people have made up their minds to completely destroy the public university system.

Is this what a professors takes home in the universities that their own children do attend?

342k per month (less than $1,000) after about 20 years in service, and so many promotions.

This is just the end of the public university in Nigeria.

Note: 4th column says "gross", and gross means total including all allowances.

Misinformation:this is basic salary without allowances.
Please stop misinforming the public

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by proffemi: 9:50am On May 19, 2020
jackie3:

Please state what the REAL salary of a Nigerian prof on CONUASS 7/1 is. Liar.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by DAVE5(m): 9:51am On May 19, 2020
Exc2000:
undecided

You be real O.G.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by AmazingELixir: 9:52am On May 19, 2020
EricBloodAxe:
While the politicians are piling up allowances upon allowances minus their basic salaries and changing cars every 4yrs to the detriment of the nation's economy, they chose to leverage on their unending pillagery by initiating dubious schemes to shortchange hardworking lecturers who toil to impact knowledge everyday under mundane conditions in our decaying institutions.

It's a shame that a man who promised eldorado for legitimate, hardworking Nigerians in 2015 is the same person who is frolicking with dubious, criminally minded politicians to shortchange the masses. If the so called IPPIS cannot be introduced for Nigerian politicians, let ASUU stay away from the univerisities till further notice.

grin grin grin

You have expressed your views like someone directly or almost directly impacted by the new payment platform and I can not help but feel your pains concern but unfortunately the other arm of government especially the legislature cannot be termed as MDA hence do not fit in to IPPS.

The academia always have a way they can come around the new IPPS platform there are some many funnel for funds into the university system both conventional and unconventional they will just fine. Take it easy bruv.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by gracevile: 9:54am On May 19, 2020
ok in some countries na teachers pay better pass others because its the teachers that lay a solid foundation for lecturers, doctors etc most lecturers its God sef that will judge them. if i no hear or see how u guys will champion the cause of teachers then FG did a great job
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by sinkhole: 9:55am On May 19, 2020
In Ghana, the average salary of a Professor is about $1300 per month.
According to IPPIS table Nigerian Professor has about $850 per month.
We should just not talk about countries like South Africa at all!

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Jaqenhghar: 9:57am On May 19, 2020
proffemi:

Which point have I ignored? That misappropriation sometimes happens? Where in the world doesn't that happen? It certainly does in every developed country that I know. So why should that prevent the government from properly funding education?

If you think the proper thing is for government to under-fund education in the misguided belief that they would then pump up funds after lecturers show themselves to be good boys, then you know nothing about how tertiary education is run around the world. Hint: you get what you pay for. I would humbly suggest you read up a bit on that before commenting further, otherwise you points would be built entirely on your biases.

Did you say sonetimes? Haba bros. Na naija we dey. If you are one of the few diligent lectur8wrs then speak for yourself. I am not taking sises here. The government has its own issues but we also need to look at the attitude of the average academician towards work. Like I pointed out. If you give your employer money to manage your business, and the money disappears and he cant account for how he spent it, will you give him more money or will you cut back?

All Im trying to say is if the academicians were doing their jobs and the FG was frustrating them by with holding funds, the cry would have been louder. In fact the academicians will be in a position to hold the FG to ransom.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nobody: 9:58am On May 19, 2020
KingAzubuike:
How much do they want to earn before? The salary is more than enough if you ask me.
My suster i wonder ooo.
Did they not collect employment letter thst stated their salaries?
The greed of individuals is just too much.
What happens to living within your means?

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by sinkhole: 9:58am On May 19, 2020
galaxy2020:
..am sure there other allowances not mentioned
You must be completely ingnorant of the ASUU' s fight tongue
That is all a Professor takes home at the end of the month, the small allowances that augment that salary to about #400k has been removed by IPPIS because they said they do not recognise it!
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Mires: 10:00am On May 19, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Was it not here we were hearing reports of academicians using research grants to buy vcar and houses? We all know how these monies are used this is naija. Why is it when the truth is told you immediately assume its hate? Same way if I call out doctors or soldiers on this forum there is always someone crying hate. I attended school abroad.
I can't remember a time any lecturer didnt show up to class and on time. The one incident where the lecturer was late with 10 minutes, she already told us one week before that she will be late because she will be at a meeting. And she apologized profusely. Do you see that level of commitment in your country?

Why changing the narrative? So there are no academics in Nigeria who takes their work seriously? In terms of the research grant, it is not all you read in the media space that's true
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by emmasege: 10:01am On May 19, 2020
galaxy2020:
..am sure there other allowances not mentioned
My dear, I can authoritatively tell you that there are no other allowances. What should have been the 'other allowances' is the EAA which government reluctantly pays. Government can owe like 5 years of EAA and when they are forced to pay (after series of ASUU strike), they end up for like one year.

Going by level of educational attainment, university lecturers are among the least paid in Nigeria.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by sinkhole: 10:01am On May 19, 2020
galaxy2020:
..well, they country is passing through difficult times financially, they will always find a way to make it up, trust Nigerians
The only legitimate way to make it up is to KILL themselves with visiting appointments, but IPPIS is again saying that is also not allowed shocked shocked
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by xjiggy: 10:03am On May 19, 2020
They keep shouting Autonomy Autonomy. If they indeed are Autonomous, why don't they just fund themselves and reject Govt funding. After all they make massive profits from Part time Diplomas and Degrees, post UTME registration, acceptance fees and all other dubious levies they impose on students

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by proffemi: 10:04am On May 19, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Did you say sonetimes? Haba bros. Na naija we dey. If you are one of the few diligent lectur8wrs then speak for yourself. I am not taking sises here. The government has its own issues but we also need to look at the attitude of the average academician towards work.
You are refusing to see the point I am making. If the FG pays peanuts, it will rarely attract the right kind of people to do the job. Those who do will be under more pressure to cut corners.

Like I pointed out. If you give your employer money to manage your business, and the money disappears and he cant account for how he spent it, will you give him more money or will you cut back?

All Im trying to say is if the academicians were doing their jobs and the FG was frustrating them by with holding funds, the cry would have been louder. In fact the academicians will be in a position to hold the FG to ransom.

This is a totally wrong way to go about funding the most critical sector to national development (yes, I can back that up). You don't respond to malfeasance by withholding funding and crippling the system unless there are other factors at play. You simply enforce the right mechanisms for accountability. Whose fault is it that those mechanisms are not being triggered? I'll make it easy for you: FG.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by sinkhole: 10:06am On May 19, 2020
heykims:

Na lie, why won't there be allowances.
it sounds unbelievable but that is the truth, NO ALLOWANCE, what you see is what you get!
IPPIS does not recognise allowances, at least that is what their communication reads.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nobody: 10:07am On May 19, 2020
DenreleDave:
Thank God this post made it to the front page.

See those two guys up there Exc2000 and SeanWilliam obviously two yahoo guys, they have turned education to justifying yahoo fraud here. They can't work to earn but prefer duping people who worked all tru their life...

People work 9 to 5 and at the end of the day, those useless boys sitting at home like those two guys will dupe them of their hard earned money.

See them. After all, rich man n poor man, na die we go die... Sane ground we go enter, same termites go chop our body then we prepare for judgement..

Let's our kid reap the seed we sow.... Whether good or bad.

God, I need one thing from you.. Just gimme an Idea that will give me breakthrough so that I wunt be hopeless and keep bombarding front page post with yahoo fraud comments like those two yahoo guys grin

shocked
DenreleDave:
Thank God this post made it to the front page.

See those two guys up there Exc2000 and SeanWilliam obviously two yahoo guys, they have turned education to justifying yahoo fraud here. They can't work to earn but prefer duping people who worked all tru their life...

People work 9 to 5 and at the end of the day, those useless boys sitting at home like those two guys will dupe them of their hard earned money.

See them. After all, rich man n poor man, na die we go die... Sane ground we go enter, same termites go chop our body then we prepare for judgement..

Let's our kid reap the seed we sow.... Whether good or bad.

God, I need one thing from you.. Just gimme an Idea that will give me breakthrough so that I wunt be hopeless and keep bombarding front page post with yahoo fraud comments like those two yahoo guys grin
for a female to think like this, then we still have many reasonable ladies out there.......kudos ooo
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Owuamanamifechi: 10:09am On May 19, 2020
School na scam ..small yahoo boy money pass all these ones
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Potch: 10:10am On May 19, 2020
Rgade:
This government is really out to destroy the public education sector and people are cheering the administration.
You are try to cut cost of governance,but it must be the already under funded education sector that the deductions will be made from.
How much was allocated for education in the 2020 budget, just N48bn. But even that is too much for this cattle administration that has no value for education.
The lecturers can remain on strike,schools can remain shut down for the rest of the year, Buhari and his henchmen don't give a damn as long as they get more money to loot.
Is it Buhari that cares about education, or zainab, or malami, which one of those Fulani shit heads gives a fucck about education.

Thank you. I am appalled by comments coming from many people here. Many are speaking from the position of ignorance and probably many have become victims of sadistic behaviours from some Professors, and it will be wrong to think all university lecturers are bad. These are the facts:
1. Some lecturers do visit two or more universities plus their place of primary university. However, they are few and ASUU do not approve these appointments, the university management does. ASUU is just an association of academic staff and its membership is voluntary. It is the duty of the university management to sanction anyone who has committed an infraction and not ASUU. Therefore, no one can blame ASUU.

2. Before the Introduction of IPPIS, a university Professor at bar (Conuas 7 step 10 ) earned 6 M per annum, which translated to 500k before deductions. The total deductions then (tax, union dues, and pension) was around 30k and take home pay was around 470k. A Professor who was on step 1 was earning around 385k.

3. With the introduction of IPPIS, a Professor at bar now earns around 6.7 M. With total deductions of 138k, the total take home pay is now 416k, while a new Professor earns 330k. How long does it take to become a Professor in Nigeria university? About 15 to 20 years? A Professor at bar? You need to spend 10 years as a full Professor. Kindly judge for yourself.

4. Why did ASUU embark on strike? How are/were the states of our laboratories, libraries, classrooms, theatres, hostels? Anyone who has been to Convenant University, Afe Babalola University and some notable private universities should do the comparison with respect to research investment, infrastructural development. Should we blame ASUU for the decay?

5. Let us do the Nigeria analysis. Some of you who work or know someone who work in the following places: CBN, FIRS, Nimassa (sp), NHIS, IPPIS etc; can we compare their salaries with university lecturers? If you say no, why? Should we blame ASUU for demanding for improvement in staff welfare?

6. Lastly, let everybody go and read Babalakin's reports on revitalization of University education. He proposed 350-500k school fees for Nigerian students. How many parents will send their children to public primary and secondary schools today? What befell the primary and secondary education is coming to university education if...

6 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by bluefilm: 10:12am On May 19, 2020
heykims:
You should also tell us the pay before IPPIS. IPPIS didn't cut down salaries but ensures tax, pension and other deductions are optimally removed.
People in academics have been evading tax for years and IPPIS enrolment will break that
Mind u, civil servants are generally poorly paid not just professors.
Op is also a liar, there are other allowances attached.

You are right, Sir.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by KingAzubuike(f): 10:13am On May 19, 2020
Alero3Arubi:

My suster i wonder ooo.
Did they not collect employment letter thst stated their salaries?
The greed of individuals is just too much.
What happens to living within your means?
Don't mind them. Nigerian lecturers are one of the most corrupt set of people. They will win research grants but never implement it into any research. They'll rather use it to build houses, buy new cars and carry women. Then now throw all the burden of their research to their final year project students. Ever wondered why most times na your supervisor dey give you project topic lol? It's for his own benefit.

Asides that, many of them also lecture many higher institution , collecting salaries on multi scale. That's why they are against the IPPIS.

Cc xperiencelove hush15

4 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by emmasege: 10:13am On May 19, 2020
Globad:

Why not post the figures BEFORE IPPIS as well nah?

Are you saying that deductions like NHF, pension, taxes and dues were not being deducted from lecturers BEFORE IPPIS?
Trust me, the figure before IPPIS wasn't better. The only news deduction after introducing IPPIS is NHF which is just about 10k. Add that to the current net income under IPPIS, that's about #350k.

Now, I put the question to you, is #350k a befitting salary for a professor in Nigeria?

Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Botswana among other African nations pay their professors much higher.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by jmaine: 10:14am On May 19, 2020
jackie3:

You are clearly the misinformed fellow here. I know it sounds unbelievable, but this is the reality. So next time appreciate the sacrifice this group of professionals make with this little pay.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nreebge: 10:15am On May 19, 2020
Exc2000:
undecided

You maybe right according to your own personal conviction but there is never a right time to do wrong. I know i really have my flaws too but am daily striving to see how to live right especially that those coming behind me will catch me in the act of excellence . Even if there is no heaven that when we die ,we will happy to that we once passed through this earth but as a Christian i believe there is heaven where no unrighteousness will have access in. Therefore i will strive to live right that at last heaven and eternal life will be my reward.

3 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by hush15: 10:15am On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:
See Take Home Pay Of A Professor After IPPIS

These people have made up their minds to completely destroy the public university system.

Is this what a professors takes home in the universities that their own children do attend?

342k per month (less than $1,000) after about 20 years in service, and so many promotions.

This is just the end of the public university in Nigeria.

Note: 4th column says "gross", and gross means total including all allowances.

This is the reason why everyone in Uni wants to be a prof. Its crazy that its not about intellectuality but positional rewards and that's why we have so many redundant profs in the academic system.

In layman english, they become prof so that they came have salary boost and ego attached to it but not based intellectually sound with ability to effect or impact knowledge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by xperiencelove(m): 10:16am On May 19, 2020
You know nothing and I will leave you with nothing. I am part of the nightmare to those academic staff, I don't know if you are among them.
proffemi:

Do most professors do these, or are you just smoking crack?
Mention one profession in Nigeria that doesn't have bad eggs ?!
Should the conditions of service of a profession should be tied to the conduct of the bad eggs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Which University Has The Highest Rate Of Cultism In Nigeria? / 2016/2017 OOU Admission Thread / Cucumber Stuck on A UNN Female Student's Private Part During Masturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.