Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,193 members, 7,811,502 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) (108529 Views)

Auchi Polytechnic Student Used ₦100 Notes For Exam Malpractice (Pictured) / IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin / Meet Dehlia Umunna, The First Nigerian Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by suxex4ever: 3:52pm On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:
See Take Home Pay Of A Professor After IPPIS

These people have made up their minds to completely destroy the public university system.

Is this what a professors takes home in the universities that their own children do attend?

342k per month (less than $1,000) after about 20 years in service, and so many promotions.

This is just the end of the public university in Nigeria.

Note: 4th column says "gross", and gross means total including all allowances.

If other ministries and departments under federal government complied with the rule of IPPS, why not lecturers?
Check salaries of workers in other ministry. After all, lecturers don't have two head compared to other brilliant workers doing the work on the field out there, in other ministries.

ASUU wahala is getting too much and it's not that they are fighting for the betterment of education sector, but there own pocket. Can you imagine some lecturers can't even receive write-up of their project students through email and proofread during this lockdown?? They still want to see the student before correction of project write-up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by olawalepopoola: 4:07pm On May 19, 2020
It is unfortunate that we are in this mess.
I have a lecturer friend in FUTA and while discussing with him, he said his basic salary plus his allowances amounts to 140,000 as an assistant lecturer.
As a lecturer 2 in a private University in Nigeria I earn 130,000 monthly without allowances.
My questions are;
1. If the table is correct, why is it not showing their allowances e.g. hazard allowance, car allowance and the rest. I believe in every payslip, this is broken down.
2. With this peanut, how do you except breakthrough research when most lecturers use their 'gross' income to pay for article publications in gold open access journals.
China made landmarks in researches not because their scientists are only good, but because their government gave priority to research.
In China you are paid RMB100,000 for publishing in a 1 impact factor SCI journal. They have alot of research funding agencies (how many do we have in Nigeria).
Even a PhD student allowance in China is greater than that of a Professor in Nigeria.
In Nigeria, we don't have functional laboratories. As a Geologist, we don't trust data coming from Nigerian labs because they might have been doctored. We send our samples mostly to ACTLAB or ACME labs in Canada. This is ridiculous I believe.
Compared to Universities in Namibia, Nigerian Professors are paid an Assistant Lecturer salary in that country. Why do you think our best scholars are leaving the shores of this nation. If I have the opportunity too, I will run for my dear life.

Some complained that some lecturers teach in more than 2 public Universities. Firstly, I want you to know the basic requirements for teaching in a University is a PhD. It is because of dearth of PhD holders that this happen in Nigeria. To gain full accreditation, you need to have more of PhD holders on your team than just misters with M. Sc. Many fields lack these degree holders. Getting a PhD in Nigeria is a nightmare except you are favoured by God.

Aftermath of this ASUU protest.
1. Each University will be forced to look inwards to meet their needs. School fees will be sky rocketed. I forsee Universities students paying up 400,000K per session in not too distant future.

Nigeria is in shambles only God can help us.

5 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by mechanics(m): 4:30pm On May 19, 2020
Okiibe:

Your point is cogent
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 19, 2020
proffemi:

Forget about greed for a second.
Let me ask you a question: do you honestly believe the best two students in any graduating class would take a job in which the highest salary net monthly they would ever get after years of service is less than N500k?
Please sincerely answer that, then I'll explain things to you.
I see ypu understand the matter of choices.
That is the beginning of wisdom.
And i cannot answer you because i have never been a best graduating student so i do not know what drives their motivation.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nairalandmonika: 4:40pm On May 19, 2020
Sunmolar:

how much do you think Madagascar have to give mediocres jumbo pay? the world is evolving, reality of time staring at us..... crude is getting worthless... maybe you don't know it makes sense
Madagascar did not make any form of research for this herbs, it's a common herbs in southern part of Africa use to treat malaria and flu b4.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Okiibe(m): 4:53pm On May 19, 2020
xxxXXXxxx:

you have made a valid contribution. This would be a good thing for the development of this nation.

Thanks Boss!

I belong to the school of thought that believes it's time we Nigerians begin 'doing' key services for The nation free of payment/charge.

I wrote to the NOA, requesting that she provide a 'platform' for me and my Team members to provide certain free services across all the states of the Fedration, as well as (most importantly) sensitize other well meaning citizens across Nigeria to join the league.

One week after I engaged the Agency, Covid-19 emerged in Nigeria and stole the spotlight.

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by proffemi: 4:53pm On May 19, 2020
Alero3Arubi:

I see ypu understand the matter of choices.
That is the beginning of wisdom.
And i cannot answer you because i have never been a best graduating student so i do not know what drives their motivation.

You don't know what drives their motivations, but you feel it is proper to sit on that lame high horse to accuse some others of greed?
No be your fault.

Thank God that the worst people like you can do is mouth off. Thank God also that ASUU has the FG by the jugular. Even Abacha could not tame ASUU, so know there is nothing people like you can do, no matter how much you scowl and howl.

This system will improve, either you and FG like it or not. ASUU might just appear to be the villain to the ones who don't get it, but that is a fair price to pay.

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by proffemi: 5:00pm On May 19, 2020
craleonic:

And what exactly were the deductions before IPPIS? That needs to be stated as well.
Sorry, I don't have the figures here, but they were much closer to 10%.

I should make something very clear. My issue is not with IPPIS and the deductions. My main point is that a salary structure in which the monthly gross salary of the most senior professor is less than N600,000 will lead to the eventual destruction of public tertiary education. I just happen to be making this point on a thread about IPPIS, but I have no interest in debating the merits or demerits of IPPIS itself.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Samcent: 5:01pm On May 19, 2020
olawalepopoola:

1. Each University will be forced to look inwards to meet their needs. School fees will be sky rocketed. I forsee Universities students paying up 400,000K per session in not too distant future.

I agree with you that we need God's help in Nigeria.

On University students paying 400k per session in the foreseeable future is bad news for the poor, but in the long run it may turn out to be the breakthrough we need in our education sector.

How do I mean?

Many departments in our universities will be forced to review their curriculum to make it more competitive or they will just go 'extinct'. Many lecturers will be forced to wake up or they will have no students to teach.
For instance I cannot as a parent, pay 400k per session for a course that will have no relevance in the present Nigeria job market.
Many courses, as are being taught in our universities today, is more or less a complete waste of 4 or 5 years.

3 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by dimmikel: 5:02pm On May 19, 2020
do u need an AC technician in ibadan?
u can call or watsapp me on 08101091803

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Okiibe(m): 5:04pm On May 19, 2020
olawalepopoola:
It is unfortunate that we are in this mess.
I have a lecturer friend in FUTA and while discussing with him, he said his basic salary plus his allowances amounts to 140,000 as an assistant lecturer.
As a lecturer 2 in a private University in Nigeria I earn 130,000 monthly without allowances.
My questions are;
1. If the table is correct, why is it not showing their allowances e.g. hazard allowance, car allowance and the rest. I believe in every payslip, this is broken down.
2. With this peanut, how do you except breakthrough research when most lecturers use their 'gross' income to pay for article publications in gold open access journals.
China made landmarks in researches not because their scientists are only good, but because their government gave priority to research.
In China you are paid RMB100,000 for publishing in a 1 impact factor SCI journal. They have alot of research funding agencies (how many do we have in Nigeria).
Even a PhD student allowance in China is greater than that of a Professor in Nigeria.
In Nigeria, we don't have functional laboratories. As a Geologist, we don't trust data coming from Nigerian labs because they might have been doctored. We send our samples mostly to ACTLAB or ACME labs in Canada. This is ridiculous I believe.
Compared to Universities in Namibia, Nigerian Professors are paid an Assistant Lecturer salary in that country. Why do you think our best scholars are leaving the shores of this nation. If I have the opportunity too, I will run for my dear life.

Some complained that some lecturers teach in more than 2 public Universities. Firstly, I want you to know the basic requirements for teaching in a University is a PhD. It is because of dearth of PhD holders that this happen in Nigeria. To gain full accreditation, you need to have more of PhD holders on your team than just misters with M. Sc. Many fields lack these degree holders. Getting a PhD in Nigeria is a nightmare except you are favoured by God.

Okay. You have made good point for the snr staff of the university.
Kindly read the post above of yours.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by ThatFairGuy: 5:31pm On May 19, 2020
[s]
Exc2000:
undecided

and you wonder why people do yahoo? Doctors earn within this range, only consultant earn 700k upward, even if you are not making people cry through bogus scam and just beg white men in US and Australia with beautiful female profile on rich dating sites throwing them some photoshoped nudes, you would definitely gross more than $500 a month

I now get why a lecturer would want to stay out of IPPS, because before a lecturer can break even, and take care of his needs, he would have to lecture in different colleges (which is violation of Civil Service rule) , sell mark to unserious student (gross misconduct) and over work himself

and to the Dunce slowpoke Denrestupid crying bellow my comment, leave your life according to your own personal conviction, nobody have to live life like you...

King Solomon raided many innocent villlages and looted them dry, stole peoples wives, Moses went to war and also enjoyed spoils of war, same as David and Propet Muhammad SAW, Mathew Jesus's friend and disciple was a very corrupt tax official

United Kingdom raided Africa looted treasure and coonized us same as most European country, American did the same.. coming to Nigeria, from Dangote, to Otedola to Adenuga they all have allegation of corporate fraud, enter politics Buhari, Atiku,Obasanjo, Jonathan, Yaradua snr and Jnr Abiola, Tinubu all have allegation bothering on fraud .. RCCG and Winners chapel, had one time or the other being alleged to launder money especially to UK through their registered NGO accounts, Ibrahim Magu a police Deputy Commisioner whose monthly take home is less than 800k, leaves in Asokoro with rent of N45 million a year, travels first class emirate of 2million naira to Saudi for Hajj, almost all banks commit one corporate fraud or the other

Start your preaching from the top abeg, because na poverty and fear wey never give you opportunity make you sef think say you holy, put a dunce like you near small change now, your own go worst

Matthew 25:14–30 the parable of the 3 legendary Servants best explains Nigerias situation and how to view oppurtunity

[/s]
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by olawalepopoola: 5:32pm On May 19, 2020
Samcent:

I agree with you that we need God's help in Nigeria.

On University students paying 400k per session in the foreseeable future is bad news for the poor, but in the long run it may turn out to be the breakthrough we need in our education sector.

How do I mean?

Many departments in our universities will be forced to review their curriculum to make it more competitive or they will just go 'extinct'. Many lecturers will be forced to wake up or they will have no students to teach.
For instance I cannot as a parent, pay 400k per session for a course that will have no relevance in the present Nigeria job market.
Many courses, as are being taught in our universities today, is more or less a complete waste of 4 or 5 years.
I totally agree with you.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Jaqenhghar: 5:48pm On May 19, 2020
justt:

This is just like a father telling his children that he could not provide for their needs because he knows their mates that are getting money from Yahoo yahoo/prostitution!

Of course, we all know some parents do that and I can see you are not different from such parents. So, the FG should reduce lecturers' salary because of the few bag eggs? What a way to reason!
Bro this your anology shows you dont get my drift at all. It not about not providing. It is why should they provide jumbo pay for people who do almost nothing? If you employ a house boy and he is always late, doesnt do his duties, and there is no tangible reason why he doesn't perform. Do you...
1. increase his salary?
2. Get rid of the idiot and find someone who can do the job satisfactorily?
If you read my earlier post I talked about how I see lecturers dey do for oyinbo land.. wetin I see compared to the garbage we experience in Naija
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by MoIbrahim: 6:00pm On May 19, 2020
suxex4ever:

If other ministries and departments under federal government complied with the rule of IPPS, why not lecturers?
Check salaries of workers in other ministry. After all, lecturers don't have two head compared to other brilliant workers doing the work on the field out there, in other ministries.

ASUU wahala is getting too much and it's not that they are fighting for the betterment of education sector, but there own pocket. Can you imagine some lecturers can't even receive write-up of their project students through email and proofread during this lockdown?? They still want to see the student before correction of project write-up.
Yes ASUU doesn't have two heads. Yet people like you would later wake up to wonder why productivity in your country is or has never been as good as that of countries that honour their intellectuals. Weh done!

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by MoIbrahim: 6:05pm On May 19, 2020
ogbonti:

the professors are greedy. Why are they comparing the salary to the US$? do they live in America? are they spending their salaries in America? For goodness sakes, these are supposed to be academic egg heads and they are acting and reasoning worse than illiterates. Do they understand what the term standard of living means? A US professor in a regular University which is not Ivy-League makes average of $6,000 to $8,000 a month (gross) for instance lives on that same level with a Nigerian professor making N350,000.

How you may ask

While the US professor feeds pays his rents (let me use rent rather than mortgage for easy understanding by folks who do not live in the USA) pays about $2,000 averagely a month if he lives in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana or Alabama, in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts or California, then he is paying almost double of that averagely and the wage difference is not more than $1,000 or so

By the time the Professor service his students loans for maybe 4 or 5 degrees he acquired, almost $2,500 extra is gone from that check. And then he pays car note and takes care of his family and leisure - of care is not taking that professor may never own his own house in his life time.

Do not forget that the stuff that Nigerian professors get away with in Nigeria like aeelingnof books - accepting blocking and other perks that are unethical, a US professor can never even think of that in their wildest dreams. Except for tenured professors, most professors in the US can be fired from their jobs instanta if they get poor student reviews at the end of the semester.

TELL ME - will any of these professors want to subject themselves and their employment sustainability on the reviews of students they molest, harass and victimize daily?

abeg enough of these whining about what they earn and the dollar equivalent. dollars are earned in America and bills are not payed for with Naira in America, it is payed with dollars also and please stop the conversion none sense.

Lastly, salaries are a function of demand and supply- so what value does Nigerian professors add to the educational system in Nigeria in terms of “research and discoveries” to merit the influx of international students rushing to Nigeria and paying their school fees in US dollars? so the professors can earn US dollars ?
So you are not ashamed to justify that a professor in your own country earns less than $1,000 per month. A country that is import dependent meaning it buys from same market with the ones in the developed countries, albeit at higher cost cos of many underdevelopmental issues. So you are not ashamed? Weh done!
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by MoIbrahim: 6:09pm On May 19, 2020
Avidot:

This is not true. Especially if you are referring to federal university Professors. This is a mere basic salary of which allowances are even much more talk less of Grant's. IPPIS has nothing to do with destroying the educational system rather it only shows a better structure for accountability . OP Please read more on IPPIS.

Also must you convert the money into dollars before you get the value picture?

Half of you are trying to justify it while other half are arguing that it is not true. It seems they didn't harmonise their propaganda template before releasing. It's the only possible explanation for all the contradictions.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by MoIbrahim: 6:10pm On May 19, 2020
dustydee:

The total take home for a new professor is 342K and that is low but it is not the fault of IPPIS but that is the current salary scale as at today. Mind you they also have pension and NHF contributions which is there's but not immediately available to them.
They should be asking for better pay and not fighting against IPPIS.
I have seen vacancies here in the UK for university lecturers and was disappointed by the pay. My professors then in Uni did not rely on their salaries but on research grants, private consultancy services, inventions and other similar means of income. Nigerian academics will do well to be productive but I acknowledge that that will be difficult given the inadequate research facilities available to them.
Half of u are trying to justify it while other half are arguing that it is not true. It seems they didn't harmonise their propaganda template before releasing. It's the only possible explanation for all the contradictions.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Jaqenhghar: 6:18pm On May 19, 2020
Exc2000:
undecided

and you wonder why people do yahoo? Doctors earn within this range, only consultant earn 700k upward, even if you are not making people cry through bogus scam and just beg white men in US and Australia with beautiful female profile on rich dating sites throwing them some photoshoped nudes, you would definitely gross more than $500 a month

I now get why a lecturer would want to stay out of IPPS, because before a lecturer can break even, and take care of his needs, he would have to lecture in different colleges (which is violation of Civil Service rule) , sell mark to unserious student (gross misconduct) and over work himself

and to the Dunce slowpoke Denrestupid crying bellow my comment, leave your life according to your own personal conviction, nobody have to live life like you...

King Solomon raided many innocent villlages and looted them dry, stole peoples wives, Moses went to war and also enjoyed spoils of war, same as David and Propet Muhammad SAW, Mathew Jesus's friend and disciple was a very corrupt tax official

United Kingdom raided Africa looted treasure and coonized us same as most European country, American did the same.. coming to Nigeria, from Dangote, to Otedola to Adenuga they all have allegation of corporate fraud, enter politics Buhari, Atiku,Obasanjo, Jonathan, Yaradua snr and Jnr Abiola, Tinubu all have allegation bothering on fraud .. RCCG and Winners chapel, had one time or the other being alleged to launder money especially to UK through their registered NGO accounts, Ibrahim Magu a police Deputy Commisioner whose monthly take home is less than 800k, leaves in Asokoro with rent of N45 million a year, travels first class emirate of 2million naira to Saudi for Hajj, almost all banks commit one corporate fraud or the other

Start your preaching from the top abeg, because na poverty and fear wey never give you opportunity make you sef think say you holy, put a dunce like you near small change now, your own go worst

Matthew 25:14–30 the parable of the 3 legendary Servants best explains Nigerias situation and how to view oppurtunity

Nobody is stopping you from doing yahoo. In fact yahoo sef no dey pay. Try drugs. Within 6 months you will be surprised how much you are worth.
The problem with y'all is everyone wants to be a millionaire. Messenger sef wants to collect 1 billion every month and drive ferrari yet you wont make the sacrifice or do what you need to, to earn it
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 19, 2020
proffemi:

You don't know what drives their motivations, but you feel it is proper to sit on that lame high horse to accuse some others of greed?
No be your fault.

Thank God that the worst people like you can do is mouth off. Thank God also that ASUU has the FG by the jugular. Even Abacha could not tame ASUU, so know there is nothing people like you can do, no matter how much you scowl and howl.

This system will improve, either you and FG like it or not. ASUU might just appear to be the villain to the ones who don't get it, but that is a fair price to pay.
Ok take a chill pill.
Now relax and leave me alone.
I am not the frustration affecting you.
You are transferring aggression.
This mentioning is over on my part.
Bye.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 19, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Nobody is stopping you from doing yahoo. In fact yahoo sef no dey pay. Try drugs. Within 6 months you will be surprised how much you are worth.
The problem with y'all is everyone wants to be a millionaire. Messenger sef wants to collect 1 billion every month and drive ferrari yet you wont make the sacrifice or do what you need to, to earn it

As in eh.
The matter tire me.
This constant need to have so much more than one can spend drives me nuts.
Everyone is complaining about their salaries and no one forced them to stay in the job.
Human beings are just insatiable.

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Jaqenhghar: 6:35pm On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:

So you are not ashamed to justify that a professor in your own country earns less than $1,000 per month. A country that is import dependent meaning it buys from same market with the ones in the developed countries, albeit at higher cost cos of many underdevelopmental issues. So you are not ashamed? Weh done!
Those unis in the US do you know how much those schols generate? The academicians are up and doing using their heads to generate wealth so why shouldnt they be able to afford something decent . Una professionals siddon dey wait for handouts. They are even too lazy to revise their curriculumn. E get one lecturer for my dept. Notes when him dey give since 1970s na him him give us in 2005. Im sure he still uses the same notes ubless he is retired. These are the experts government officials should run to for help. Their work na to siddon dey administer grades to whom they please

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Temysteve(m): 6:36pm On May 19, 2020
EricBloodAxe:

Why don't they initiate the IPPIS for the Presidency down to the Senators, Reps, Governors etc. Is it the poor lecturers who are underpaid in the first place that'll cushion the effects of a bad economy?
I wonder oo.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Sunmolar(m): 6:41pm On May 19, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Madagascar did not make any form of research for this herbs, it's a common herbs in southern part of Africa use to treat malaria and flu b4.

how common.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Alhaji1970: 6:46pm On May 19, 2020
galaxy2020:
..am sure there other allowances not mentioned

No other thing o!
That is the salary of academic staff. No Professor in Nigeria public universities earns #450,000.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by MoIbrahim: 6:46pm On May 19, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Those unis in the US do you know how much those schols generate? The academicians are up and doing using their heads to generate wealth so why shouldnt they be able to afford something decent . Una professionals siddon dey wait for handouts. They are even too lazy to revise their curriculumn. E get one lecturer for my dept. Notes when him dey give since 1970s na him him give us in 2005. Im sure he still uses the same notes ubless he is retired. These are the experts government officials should run to for help. Their work na to siddon dey administer grades to whom they please
What you are avoiding is what the government in thos places do to encourage research. You are busy comparing with people who use their monthly salary for the research and publications that are necessary for their promotion.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Jaqenhghar: 6:46pm On May 19, 2020
Alero3Arubi:

As in eh.
The matter tire me.
This constant need to have so much more than one can spend drives me nuts.
Everyone is complaining about their salaries and no one forced them to stay in the job.
Human beings are just insatiable.
You dey mind them?
Like I always say our people dont understand how a society works.
In oyinbo land the messenger knows he will never be a millionaire and learns to live within his means. You wont see a school teacher rushing to go buy a BMW.
If they want to be millionaires then go into business.
Our people wont go into business dem no go provide services yet they want govt to write big checks for them

3 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Jaqenhghar: 7:00pm On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:

What you are avoiding is what the government in thos places do to encourage research. You are busy comparing with people who use their monthly salary for the research and publications that are necessary for their promotion.
I disagree. They have a vibrant private sector that funds mist of their research. Government funding is a fraction of this funding. If today Danfote or adenuga gave money for research in any uni, you and me know how that money will end. The govt itself made a stayement about how funds for research was used to buy cars and houses. Im surprised you have not mentioned that

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Exc2000: 7:04pm On May 19, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

nobody's father can stop me before sef,if you like do drugs na your life be that.. no one was born to be Messengers, people stopped chasing their dreams and accept the position of messenger and that's their life cant stop you from accepting your messenger life of sacrifice... so stop whining if I choose to work smart and not necessarily hard
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 19, 2020
EricBloodAxe:

No allowances

plus allowance sir
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by ogbonti: 7:34pm On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:

oga you are comparing apples to oranges - have you asked yourself HOW US PROFESSORS FEEL WHEN THEY HEAR THAT A LOVELY APARTMENT IN A DECENT AREA OF LAGOS GOES FOR N1 million a year which is about what they pay as rent for one month in their smaller apartments in the US?

your problem is that you dreamt last night that you are a billionaire but got angry that you woke up without 100 naira in your pocket. Some things are better left alone and the more you attempt rationalizing - the more you tend to lose your sanity.

you cannot sow rice and reap up cassava. It a like a teacher in Auchi, Edo State asking for the salary of what they pay a teacher in Lagos. So they pay the same amount for things ?

America is America and Nigeria is Nigeria - live with it or remain angry for life- sorry I can’t help you and i am not your enemy either - just life!

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by acetylcholine(f): 7:40pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=heykims post=89725981]
Thanks for the explanation.
But news have been flying around for years that hazard allowance for lecturers is about 30k, is that a lie? [/quote

The hazard allowance for lecturers is mere hearsay, at least for my institution. It was technologists that started getting 30k last year, not lecturers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Which University Has The Highest Rate Of Cultism In Nigeria? / 2016/2017 OOU Admission Thread / Cucumber Stuck on A UNN Female Student's Private Part During Masturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.