Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,766 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) (108482 Views)

Auchi Polytechnic Student Used ₦100 Notes For Exam Malpractice (Pictured) / IPPIS: I Earn Salary Of Graduate Assistant - Sulyman Abdulkareem, VC Unilorin / Meet Dehlia Umunna, The First Nigerian Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:34am On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:
See Take Home Pay Of A Professor After IPPIS

These people have made up their minds to completely destroy the public university system.

Is this what a professors takes home in the universities that their own children do attend?

342k per month (less than $1,000) after about 20 years in service, and so many promotions.

This is just the end of the public university in Nigeria.

Note: 4th column says "gross", and gross means total including all allowances.

Do you know how much he makes from Rons? Money for grades and selling handouts?

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by declem(m): 8:34am On May 19, 2020
Jesus..my brother with ND in C.B.N is living comfortable more than a professor in this country..gosh....

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Hoodbilonia: 8:35am On May 19, 2020
I wan port go australia
Remain in nigeria
Your dreams and wishes go be mirage
I wish to own 3 big mansions abroad
Not in naija
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by lichocho(m): 8:38am On May 19, 2020
Exc2000:
undecided

and you wonder why people do yahoo? Doctors earn within this range, only consultant earn 700k upward, even if you are not making people cry through bogus scam and just beg white men in US and Australia with beautiful female profile on rich dating sites throwing them some photoshoped nudes, you would definitely gross more than $500 a month

I now get why a lecturer would want to stay out of IPPS, because before a lecturer can break even, and take care of his needs, he would have to lecture in different colleges (which is violation of Civil Service rule) , sell mark to unserious student (gross misconduct) and over work himself

and to the Dunce slowpoke Denrestupid crying bellow my comment, leave your life according to your own personal conviction, nobody have to live life like you

na format u drop so..u de game
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Asadujames202(m): 8:39am On May 19, 2020
seanwilliam:
these days wey picker go dey request for 30% after every every.. what if picker carry money ?
Subscription nko?, sars nko? Pizza orders nko? Before u self go lodge, buy cloth, club, flex and all that money don finish na..
And remember that before you go spend u must have got some money for ground...
baba na all these Alibaba boys dey cash out better and sustainable money pass...

Can video calls be photoshopped?

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by OdefaGirl(f): 8:39am On May 19, 2020
If the NASS will agree to be paid through the IPPIS.....then, let's do it... but if no, then let them shove their IPPIS to nose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Karemarealty288(m): 8:40am On May 19, 2020
EricBloodAxe:
While the politicians are piling up allowances upon allowances minus their basic salaries and changing cars every 4yrs to the detriment of the nation's economy, they chose to leverage on their unending pillagery by initiating dubious schemes to shortchange hardworking lecturers who toil to impact knowledge everyday under mundane conditions in our decaying institutions.

It's a shame that a man who promised eldorado for legitimate, hardworking Nigerians in 2015 is the same person who is frolicking with dubious, criminally minded politicians to shortchange the masses. If the so called IPPIS cannot be introduced for Nigerian politicians, let ASUU stay away from the univerisities till further notice.

I am pool peeling all my fromises

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by seanwilliam(m): 8:40am On May 19, 2020
Asadujames202:

Can video calls be photoshopped?
sure..
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Karemarealty288(m): 8:41am On May 19, 2020
EricBloodAxe:
While the politicians are piling up allowances upon allowances minus their basic salaries and changing cars every 4yrs to the detriment of the nation's economy, they chose to leverage on their unending pillagery by initiating dubious schemes to shortchange hardworking lecturers who toil to impact knowledge everyday under mundane conditions in our decaying institutions.

It's a shame that a man who promised eldorado for legitimate, hardworking Nigerians in 2015 is the same person who is frolicking with dubious, criminally minded politicians to shortchange the masses. If the so called IPPIS cannot be introduced for Nigerian politicians, let ASUU stay away from the univerisities till further notice.

I am pool peeling all my kampaign fromises

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by BlackfireX: 8:41am On May 19, 2020
I intentionally
P placing
P pain
I in
S salary

Don't copy, if you have to acknowledged me... Or you will be sued
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by obailala(m): 8:41am On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:

These people have made up their minds to completely destroy the public university system.

Is this what a professors takes home in the universities that their own children do attend?

342k per month (less than $1,000) after about 20 years in service, and so many promotions.

What exactly was the monthly Gross Pay and monthly Net Pay (after deductions) of a professor before the IPPIS?

This information is vital for one to understand the context of the IPPIS outcry.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by slydog(m): 8:41am On May 19, 2020
EricBloodAxe:

I love this line of thinking. Ippis should be done for politicians too
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Jaqenhghar: 8:43am On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:

Let's be very sincere who destroyed the university system? Is it not the same professors who do nothing , no research, mismanage grants, dont write papers just sit and award grades and come to lectures when they feel like.
The truth is in in Niggeria everyone wants to be paid for doing nothing. Working hard is seen as suffering. Everyone wants to be millionaire overnight na him cause this wahala. You have a system that is overburdened with too many employees who are not showing any tangible results for the pay they take.
The day the government stops being a charity organization then we will see progress

10 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Blackmiserable(m): 8:43am On May 19, 2020
Pickieox:
Nigeria: A mere geographical location where truth is a lie and vice versa...

Ha!!!!
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:44am On May 19, 2020
Very true. After this Corona, ASUU and Fg will now start there own struggle. The students will bear the brunt. Its well oh
serverconnect:
The take home is nothing to take home. Except other incentive follows it.
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by proffemi: 8:44am On May 19, 2020
galaxy2020:
...I have them, and they are doing fine. My secondary school mate is a prof, he's doing well, and I know is just not his salary he's depending on.

I hate it when people who don't know squat mouth off.
Did those relatives or friends tell you that the posted figures are wrong? Or are they the type of lecturers who levy students illegally?
Why do people try to cling so hard to lies?
What has been posted is 100% correct. There are no additional, hidden allowances. What you have on the left half of the table represent the ceiling of lecturers' remunerations for the stated grade levels pre-IPPIS.

Please be informed, and stop yarning opata.

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Urchman200: 8:45am On May 19, 2020
galaxy2020:
..well, they country is passing through difficult times financially, they will always find a way to make it up, trust Nigerians
how about the politicians?
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:45am On May 19, 2020
Anybody that want to go into POS business should let me know by calling or WhatsApp 09070314423
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by onyxo76(m): 8:46am On May 19, 2020
with the way things are going, in some years to come, there won't be public schools again. once you begin to lose academics to private universities, various departments begin to lose accreditation of several courses which of course will be readily available in the private universities if you can afford the fees...

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by proffemi: 8:46am On May 19, 2020
obailala:

What exactly was the monthly Gross Pay and monthly Net Pay (after deductions) of a professor before the IPPIS?

This information is vital for one to understand the context of the IPPIS outcry.

The gross pays are right there on the left half of the table. What has changed is that IPPIS is increasing the deductions (right half).
So do you still believe lecturers are fairly remunerated?
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by omonnakoda: 8:49am On May 19, 2020
galaxy2020:
..am sure there other allowances not mentioned
You are sure?
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by idtwo: 8:50am On May 19, 2020
If the country is serious about cutting costs and ensuring general acceptance for the IPPIS template, it should be implemented for the executive ( the President, the VP, their ministers and special advisers, all ad-hoc staff), the legislature, the judiciary. Including NNPC and CBN staff. This selective implementation does not cut it.

4 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by donkingzton01(m): 8:50am On May 19, 2020
seanwilliam:
sure..

How biko
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Abagworo(m): 8:51am On May 19, 2020
That's a one sided story.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Asadujames202(m): 8:53am On May 19, 2020
DenreleDave:
Thank God this post made it to the front page.

See those two guys up there Exc2000 and SeanWilliam obviously two yahoo guys, they have turned education to justifying yahoo fraud here. They can't work to earn but prefer duping people who worked all tru their life...

People work 9 to 5 and at the end of the day, those useless boys sitting at home like those two guys will dupe them of their hard earned money.

See them. After all, rich man n poor man, na die we go die... Sane ground we go enter, same termites go chop our body then we prepare for judgement..

Let's our kid reap the seed we sow.... Whether good or bad.

God, I need one thing from you.. Just gimme an Idea that will give me breakthrough so that I wunt be hopeless and keep bombarding front page post with yahoo fraud comments like those two yahoo guys grin

You gat nothing to lose by minding ya business

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by DenreleDave(m): 8:54am On May 19, 2020
Asadujames202:

You gat nothing to lose by minding ya business

See accomplice

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by golddare: 8:55am On May 19, 2020
After reading this, do you still want to be a lecturer?
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by sunkieisland(m): 8:57am On May 19, 2020
One of my co-workers have a saying that "it is when he has peace that he can work effectively"

If the federal govt has chosen to torment these people, then we should just conclude that govt universities will lose relevance in no distant future.

1 Like

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by KingAzubuike(f): 9:00am On May 19, 2020
How much do they want to earn before? The salary is more than enough if you ask me.

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by rapcy(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2020
I won't totally blame the FG
Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by snakie86: 9:01am On May 19, 2020
MoIbrahim:

Bros, please we are somehow intellect here.

What is the pay structure like before IPPIS, I mean the full template as you highlighted here which will make us have a better judgement.

To the best of my knowledge, civil servant (University lecturers) are on salary scale (CONUASS), give us this pay structure with breakdown. This will allow us know if they are short paid or not.

I have seen payslip of other civil servant under IPPIS in some ministries and agencies with salaries up to a million and million plus which this salary is based on pay grade. So, I believe this shouldn't be different for lecturers too as you are to earn according to your grade.

2 Likes

Re: The Salary Of A Nigerian Professor After IPPIS (Pictured) by Myhusband(m): 9:04am On May 19, 2020
Exc2000:
undecided

and you wonder why people do yahoo? Doctors earn within this range, only consultant earn 700k upward, even if you are not making people cry through bogus scam and just beg white men in US and Australia with beautiful female profile on rich dating sites throwing them some photoshoped nudes, you would definitely gross more than $500 a month

I now get why a lecturer would want to stay out of IPPS, because before a lecturer can break even, and take care of his needs, he would have to lecture in different colleges (which is violation of Civil Service rule) , sell mark to unserious student (gross misconduct) and over work himself

and to the Dunce slowpoke Denrestupid crying bellow my comment, leave your life according to your own personal conviction, nobody have to live life like you...

King Solomon raided many innocent villlages and looted them dry, stole peoples wives, Moses went to war and aso enjoyed spoils of war, same as Moses and Propet Muhammad SAW,

United Kingdom raided Africa looted treasure and coonized us same as most European country, American did the same.. come to Nigeria, from Dangote to Adenuga they all have allegation of corporate fraud, enter politics Buhari, Atiku,Obasanjo, Jonathan, Yaradua snr and Jnr Abiola, Tinubu all have allegation bothering on fraud .. RCCG and Winners chapel, had one time or the other being alleged to launder money especially to UK through their registered NGO accounts, Ibrahim Magu a police Deputy Commisioner whose monthly take home is less than 800k, leaves in Asokoro with rent of N45 million a year, travels first class emirate of 2million naira to Saudi for Hajj

Start your preaching from the top

Now this Patriotic talk. Buhari is the most dangerous arm robber after Abacha

I pity people that are still hoping progress in this country with a corrupt system

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Which University Has The Highest Rate Of Cultism In Nigeria? / 2016/2017 OOU Admission Thread / Cucumber Stuck on A UNN Female Student's Private Part During Masturbation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.