Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy (84582 Views)

The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman / 12 Contrasting attitudes Many Nigerian Men Exhibit In Marriage.Right or Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by thatnaijadude: 5:33pm On May 22, 2020
Facts Only

Naija246:
the biggest mistake in my opinion is to even consider marriage grin

Guys should know that you will enjoy your life far better when you are single than when married.
Being single affords you the luxury of:
-developing new skills
-saving a chunk of what you earn
-it affords you the opportunity to travel more.
-you will age slower(due to less stress)
Etc
The benefits of single life for a man far outweighs the pros of being married.
We men are doing Women a HUGE!! favor by marrying them. grin

guys, don't let any lady sell you the idea that marriage benefits you.. it's a scam!!
Marriage benefits Women not men!!
Hoard your ring!! cheesy
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by AlhajaChinyere: 5:34pm On May 22, 2020
TheArchangel:
After ranting, they will still end up getting married and will continue the rants.

Women gains nothing from marriage.

Marriage strips a woman everything she has... Her name, family, friends, preference even careers.

Next life, maybe a sperm bank will do the honors.

Start now!!!

Marriage is overrated and archaic!
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Spino6(m): 5:36pm On May 22, 2020
Obierika:
As a single guy in Nigeria who is about to select a wife the biggest mistake you could possibly make right now is to marry a lady who is either not working or is not earning any sort of income.

Do not ignore this warning if you plan to get married soon!
this dosen't deserved to be in FP i never see any sense in the write up at all
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Dinamik: 5:38pm On May 22, 2020
My apologies, that may not be the biggest mistake.
I knew a guy who married a lady who at the time was working as a staff in the upper chambers(senate) while the guy was working at a reputable Nigerian company. The guy lost his job 7days to the wedding. This lady would refuse to cook until this guy drops money. She would lock the guy's shirt in the streets if he had no money. This lady would borrow the husband's friend several hundreds of thousands behind him and if this friend didn't pay on time,she would fight the husband to get her money for her while their house rent expired and she would still never pay.

The biggest mistake is if you marry you mismarry.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Dinamik: 5:40pm On May 22, 2020
My apologies, that may not be the biggest mistake.
I knew a guy who married a lady who at the time was working as a staff in the upper chambers(senate) while the guy was working at a reputable Nigerian company. The guy lost his job 7days to the wedding. This lady would refuse to cook until this guy drops money. She would lock the guy's shirt in the streets if he had no money. This lady would borrow the husband's friend several hundreds of thousands behind him and if this friend didn't pay on time,she would fight the husband to get her money for her while their house rent expired and she would still never pay.

The biggest mistake is if you mismarry.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by sinola(m): 5:50pm On May 22, 2020
It is only when you are poor or maybe on average salary. If you are made, that shouldn't be a problem. In short, you'll even enjoy your marriage well since she will be totally submissive to you.
My opinion though.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 22, 2020
The DUSTacity!!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Coolestheart: 5:53pm On May 22, 2020
Naija246:
bro I'm just spilling red pill truths for my brother's oo grin
I hope they listen.
We men should seriously start questioning alot of thing's the society implicitly expects from us.

Marriage restricts a man's potential and freedom.
Have you ever noticed that the most productive time in a man's life is when he is still single.
Look at great inventor's from Nikola Tesla to Faraday, they all peaked when single.

Bros you are single and yet can't fine your name on net as the richest single guy...
Please ooo, I'm not feeling well oooo bikonu.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Naija246: 5:58pm On May 22, 2020
So your wife will only be submissive to you as long as the money keeps flowing;is that the kind of submission you want? undecided i.e. "transactional submission"

The way some of you guys reason ehnn undecided
sinola:
It is only when you are poor or maybe on average salary. If you are made, that shouldn't be a problem. In short, you'll even enjoy your marriage well since she will be totally submissive to you.
My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Misscongenialit: 6:01pm On May 22, 2020
Naija246:
the biggest mistake in my opinion is to even consider marriage grin

Guys should know that you will enjoy your life far better when you are single than when married.
Being single affords you the luxury of:
-developing new skills
-saving a chunk of what you earn
-it affords you the opportunity to travel more.
-you will age slower(due to less stress)
Etc
The benefits of single life for a man far outweighs the pros of being married.
We men are doing Women a HUGE!! favor by marrying them. grin

guys, don't let any lady sell you the idea that marriage benefits you.. it's a scam!!
Marriage benefits Women not men!!
Hoard your ring!! cheesy

And take it to the grave and you are forever forgotten with your RING!!!
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by AlhajaChinyere: 6:03pm On May 22, 2020
gbagyiza:

There r some doors n opportunities that will not open until you r married. I have come across some business opportunities that don't go to unmarried folks. They r afraid to bring you in because they don't trust you as a single person, meaning you can sabotage n even runaway with something valuable when the opportunity appear. A friend was denied a particular job opportunity simply because he was not married at that age. They told him face to face that at his age he is not married, they did not employ him because they felt he is not a responsible person. When you have a family our society look at you with a particular level of trust than a single person.

And so?

You will go and marry for these prospective opportunities?

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Mike008(m): 6:05pm On May 22, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
Studies show married men are happier and live longer than their single/divorced/widowed counterparts. Single/Widowed/Divorced men are more depressed and suicidal than their married counterparts.

On the other hand, studies show that Single women live longer than their married counterparts, they also retain their figures and beauty longer than their married counterparts.

These studies show that the main benefactors of marriage is the Men. Make of that what you want!!!

Both parties are equal beneficiaries but a loser is that man that marries a woman who is not working or simply put a woman that cannot support the man financially according to the writer.
"Long life", figure 8 and beauty are not a thing compared to lasting happiness a good marriage can bring. Those elements are very negligible to the overall value and purpose of life.
So your studies (if at all true) are of little importance and do not apply.

A man shouldn't assume 100% responsibility, and a woman should not feel entitled is the Crux of the matter.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Naija246: 6:05pm On May 22, 2020
oh bish, I didn't know my comment struck a nerve cheesy....but who cares anyways grin
Only fools give out rings easily.
I personally ain't wifeing up any bish for now.
Misscongenialit:

And take it to the grave and you are forever forgotten with your RING!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Misscongenialit: 6:07pm On May 22, 2020
Naija246:
oh bish, I didn't know my comment struck a nerve cheesy....but who cares anyways grin
Only fools give out rings easily.
I personally ain't wifeing up any bish for now.

Your choice ,your life, enjoy!!!!
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by AlhajaChinyere: 6:07pm On May 22, 2020
Ibechris2:
One of the guys here said,the worst is to marry Nigerian women...I just laugh!

Am not joking,Nigerian women are trained to tolerate shit from men and that is why men like that fellow could spew out his frustration.
Our women are the best in Africa...they love u even when u know no one cares.

Make una remain single and to all those who believe in marriage,do not despair,that what God has framed for humanity, shall not derail because of civilization.
Old age is real and can be devastating if not well planned,specifically,I am talking to all those who prefer to be single for life, u might be towing the wrong path. Is it the child u didn't nurture or emotionally contributed to his life that would be there for u at old age abi what are ur plans.

Let us be careful what we chose to represent in life because,although time shall reveal our outcome in life.

There are no guarantees in life. All these manipulative stuff you are vomiting in support of marriage. Abeg!
Who told you your wife/children will be there to wipe your bum when you get old? Oh, just because you were there abi?

3 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by AlhajaChinyere: 6:08pm On May 22, 2020
comradeMOSHOOD:
it is a man's responsibility to take care of his family. it's not a mistake to marry a woman that is not working. don't run away from your responsibilities brothers
honest opinion though

Keep your opinion to yourself sir.

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by AlhajaChinyere: 6:14pm On May 22, 2020
Eulalia:

Tell them.
They know they can't do without us no matter what they say. The smart ones are Manning up and getting married and today they happy and fulfilled at least to some extent. while the weak ones are wailing here but still feel empty and depressed cos no woman to make them complete and the fear of the unknown has robbed them of this wonderful experience..

Big! Big! Lie!

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Pelxmiye(m): 6:18pm On May 22, 2020
mhizv:
Marriage isn't child's play. If you're not mentally prepared you'd have problems.

Both parties have to contribute,to making the home work. Both financially,and other wise
I advise all my make friends to marry a woman with a job or one with a business.

Marry a woman that can carry the home when you're at your lowest!
Marry a woman that respects you enough,and wants the best for you
One that wants you to achieve more than you already have.
One with ideas,and you can turn to anytime and you're sure she'd deliver.

Personally I feel a woman without a source of income has no business getting married(unless you and your husband agree to it)

Depending on your husband for literally everything possible isn't something I'd want to do.

I love you I love you isn't enough to sustain a marriage my own piece anyway

Too much wisdom...ladies need to be just as prepared as men for marriage life...I'm yet to be married..I would have wished to marry earlier say 28-29 but then....it's a risk galloping into it just with any girl,but late around 35-37..at least a right thinking man with good plans and God by his side would have achieved some notable things and be confident of not needing any woman's support...the tough time in a young man's life is his 20s and early 30s...once he makes the climb up successful with good plans , he'll be able to gradually sustain his success by maintaining the same path, this is the hard time of a man's life and this is the time we make the most mistakes in love and life.

However young men with good plans and good women in their lives can enjoy the 20s and early 30s together in love, growing together and achieving together.

Sadly very few women stick to men during this stage,my point ,men should be selfish in their 20s , chasing their dreams ,aspirations and careers, because they might never meet serious or good women during this stage until their 30s ,at this point too,they might not still meet good women, but at least the goal oriented men would have achieved quite a lot.

In this end , it's all about luck and going after women with high standards

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Anyahuruagu: 6:19pm On May 22, 2020
lincs25:
You are on point. I am in the shoe though we are not married but i do her virtually every thing the moment I slack it turns insult. I want to backout.

Guy if you never blow like Indimi and Alakija dem, run for your soul o..

Don't even reason marry yet o.. I know that the kpekus is confusing you but it's same thing everywhere, in fact you will get everything in one if you find dem wella.

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Mike008(m): 6:20pm On May 22, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:

Married men and mortality
A major survey of 127,545 American adults found that married men are healthier than men who were never married or whose marriages ended in divorce or widowhood. Men who have marital partners also live longer than men without spouses; men who marry after age 25 get more protection than those who tie the knot at a younger age, and the longer a man stays married, the greater his survival advantage over his unmarried peers. But is marriage itself responsible for better health and longer life?

Although it's hard to be sure, marriage seems to deserve at least part of the credit. Some have argued that self-selection would skew the results if healthy men are more likely to marry than men with health problems. But research shows the reverse is true: unhealthy men actually marry earlier, are less likely to divorce, and are more likely to remarry following divorce or bereavement than healthy men.

Another potential factor is loneliness; is the institution of marriage linked to better health, or is it simply a question of living with another person? Although studies vary, the answer seems to be a little of both. People living with unmarried partners tend to fare better than those living alone, but men living with their wives have the best health of all.

Numerous studies conducted over the past 150 years suggest that marriage is good for health. More recently, scientists have begun to understand why married men enjoy better health than their single, divorced, and widowed peers. But before we turn to the why, let's look at how marriage affects specific diseases, including America's leading killers, cardiovascular disease and cancer.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/mens-health/marriage-and-mens-health

I wish you could carry out this survey in the Nigerian setup. The reverse is almost the case especially for married men who live with unsupportive wives. We don't even need to carry out any scientific study, the outcomes are visibly clear, begin with your locality.
True marriage has great advantages, but your studies should include married men in broken homes their conditions are far worse than unmarried men.
In the American society majority of the wives are working class. You cant compare the employment ratio of wives in the USA to Nigeria or employment generally.

The truth of the matter is our young girls nowadays are predisposed to marrying men that will make their life convenient and not men they are willing to support.

4 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Naija246: 6:27pm On May 22, 2020
just chop and dump that girl abeg sad
You will live to regret it if you eventually put a ring on her finger, trust me.
lincs25:
You are on point. I am in the shoe though we are not married but i do her virtually every thing the moment I slack it turns insult. I want to backout.

3 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by rukis360(m): 6:30pm On May 22, 2020
pDudd:
The biggest mistake is to marry any woman at all.

As a man, can you tell me exactly what you benefit from marriage that you can't benefit as a single guy. Tell me.
bro this is deep to the core.... You're actually correct, I salute u

3 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by PastorFire: 6:31pm On May 22, 2020
ellapius:
lol money don't make noise. if I want to make u cry on this thread I will challenge u yo money spending
I will take your challenge if you have money. Let's pick a random guy or lady asking for help here & start with a transfer of 30k each..Oya, make a pick. I'm waiting
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by TeeNBee(m): 6:33pm On May 22, 2020
[quote author=Nnaabros post=89709773]

How can YOU possibly marry him when he's not ready to marry you? undecided[/quo
Help me ask am o

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by acorntree(m): 6:35pm On May 22, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
Studies show married men are happier and live longer than their single/divorced/widowed counterparts. Single/Widowed/Divorced men are more depressed and suicidal than their married counterparts.

On the other hand, studies show that Single women live longer than their married counterparts, they also retain their figures and beauty longer than their married counterparts.

These studies show that the main benefactors of marriage is the Men. Make of that what you want!!!

Falacy

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:35pm On May 22, 2020
AlhajaChinyere:

110%

I have done it for 20 years.......I'm looking younger all the time!

Your head dey there.

I hail u, bro.

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 22, 2020
Mike008:

Both parties are equal beneficiaries but a loser is that man that marries a woman who is not working or simply put a woman that cannot support the man financially according to the writer.
"Long life", figure 8 and beauty are not a thing compared to lasting happiness a good marriage can bring. Those elements are very negligible to the overall value and purpose of life.
So your studies (if at all true) are of little importance and do not apply.

A man shouldn't assume 100% responsibility, and a woman should not feel entitled is the Crux of the matter.

You want 50/50 contribution financially does that apply to house chores, cooking and taking care of the kids? It should be 50/50 in everything then if you want a working wife. Men and women in western countries share the chores and cooking because it is a 50/50 society where both partners work.

In Nigeria even if the woman works, she is still expected to do 100% of the house chores, look after the kids, cook and have se......x at the drop of a hat. Very unfair misognistic thinking.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by 7thLemonLOVER(f): 6:46pm On May 22, 2020
Headlesschicken:
undecided Real talk, cos at the end of the day her big ass or beauty or whatever the phuck else it was that made u marry her won't bring food to yuh table...
have you heard about Kim Kardashian? Have you seen how she has helped Kanye West to become a better man. Stop pouring your hate on us because your are broke and can't afford a woman.
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Ebenezer2O2O(m): 6:46pm On May 22, 2020
IprintMONEY:
u are a bloddy bastard.
hustle una no go hustle
. i am getting married soon and i have been dating my fiancee for 5 years now. i personally told her to go get a job, she came with the amount they plan to pay her, it was 170k a month, i told her to sit at home and i pay her that monthly plus other goodie.
guy hustle so u stop thinking like a peasant.
ass licker.
How many nairaland ladies have pm you now after you posted this?

6 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 22, 2020
All you men screaming chop and dump the girls, if you do not get married, I am sure you still want kids with baby mamas, pray you don't have daughters because your male comrades will chop and dump them 100x more than you have done to other men's daughters. What goes around, comes around. God bless!!

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Naija246: 6:53pm On May 22, 2020
"afford a woman"......... Thanks for Publicly admitting that women are commodities that can be bought and sold...and abused too. cause hey, I have a right to use what I paid money for anyhow I see fit cheesy cheesy
7thLemonLOVER:
have you heard about Kim Kardashian? Have you seen how she has helped Kanye West to become a better man. Stop pouring your hate on us because your are broke and can't afford a woman.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply)

Wife Ties Up Her Husband In Calabar, Attempts To Suffocate Him On Women’s Day / See The Message I Sent To My Uncle In America And He Sent Me N30,000 / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.