Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,150 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy (84648 Views)

The Biggest Mistake Nigerian Parents Do / The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Woman / 12 Contrasting attitudes Many Nigerian Men Exhibit In Marriage.Right or Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Helios85447(m): 11:25am On May 20, 2020
ellapius:
funny enuf guys like dat on my dp have it small. so no.much talk plss
hmmmmmm...I fear you ooo
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 20, 2020
Davash222:
That's not the biggest mistake..

The biggest mistake is to marry a Nigerian girl.

Yet you had no issues taking money from a Nigerian girl.

The only thing worse than hypocrisy is being a shameless online beggar. Bambiala.

12 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by emmaodet: 12:59pm On May 20, 2020
Austeeenxx:
Man, there are quite a number of frustrated guys on nairaland.

cheesy grin
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Genset: 1:11pm On May 20, 2020
sexylassie2:
The biggest mistake a woman can make is marrying a man with no income.

The reality is most men want to eat their cake and have it, they want a traditional wife but cant carry the responsibility of marrying a traditional woman.

Shebi you are the man, why do you need a woman that works, aren't you guys the superior being.

The only reason why you need a working woman is to prey on her finance, to be realistic, only broke men want a working woman, a rich man wants a house wife.

Note: cry me a river, you won't get any reply from me.

Sis, don't mind them . They want a wife that will contribute financially and still cook, clean, birth the kids and do all other stuffs while he just sits and contribute his small quota. Nigerian women dey suffer ooo if na like this. Most women have left the traditional roles and also pulling their weight financially but I rarely see men do house chores. It is still regarded as a taboo even when the man is jobless. May God help women ooo.

4 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Genset: 1:15pm On May 20, 2020
Liposure:
I want 2 marry a woman that can contribute at least ten percent of her income 2 d running of d family

Hope u re also going to contribute ur 10% to also doing house chores?

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Genset: 1:18pm On May 20, 2020
[quote author=pDudd post=89722735]

Nope, it is all about equality.

There must be an equal playing field. The days of housewives are over. Shebi women want equal rights? Well, let's see what you're bringing to the table. I bring mine, you bring yours, we compare, God nor vex.

No more liability women allowed. I'm an advocate for equal rights. And lefts cheesy[/quo

Hope u will also contribute equally to doing hose chores?

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 20, 2020
Are you the right person for Ade?
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by 0neal(m): 1:25pm On May 20, 2020
Michelle55:

That's not the biggest mistake huncle..
What if she's working and not supporting the home front in any way?
What if all the responsibilities still falls on you as the man despite having a working class wife?
What if she doesn't encourage nor inspires you to soar higher than you were before ?
What if she doesn't give you the maximum peace of mind you deserve as a man?
What if all she does is spend all her earnings on herself, buying the latest bags and clothes and attending high societal functions and not caring to acknowledge your presence in her life?
Trust me, there's a lot to marriage than meets the eyes.
Just ask your maker for direction when you want to settle down.
She might be working yet feels entitled to your money..
Marriage is 50/50... All hands must be on deck to ensure the smooth sailing of the homefront.

Well done ma

More wisdom
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Kingarthur21: 1:35pm On May 20, 2020
sexylassie2:

Good, you are in America? right? Go practice your equal right there.

Me, I love been traditional here.
why are you changing your mouth because money is involved?
Have you not always fought traditional ways when it deals with chastity and virginity of the lady?
Since I have known you on this forum even with you alpha lion moniker you were against traditional ways..

Don't run back to tradition because of money.

Aren't you the same person that said it is a white man you want to marry ?

You females on this forum are confusing!you will embrace wokeness just to dodge female gender roles and then go to embrace traditional ways to enjoy a man

Just look at you betraying feminism and denouncing modernity because of money

ladies longthroat for men money and laziness are the two reasons they are yet to attain equality even after fighting for it for about 200 years

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Kingarthur21: 1:38pm On May 20, 2020
ellapius:
the biggest mistake for a Nigerian girl is to marry a guy who is not ready to marry. a Bleep boy. a jobless Bleep boy who believes his big gbola is his selling point
why derail this topic?it is for men ,don't bring up counter arguments...just open your thread please
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Nonsoboy4life(m): 1:39pm On May 20, 2020
Helios85447:
lol maybe na the ones your guy met in the university or kano,Kaduna northern hoes go to sokoto, katsina or better still go and look for real Fulani tell me if you guy would even see the colour of her pant .....I stay in the north most of my life bro.
Lol...they're as far a sizeable northern young Fulani prostitutes...I have stayed in the north too..I'm not making up the story.mi know the north
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Obioramichael(m): 1:47pm On May 20, 2020
Charity they say begins at home!!!!

Before you start looking out for a career lady or someone who will be contributing to the day to day expenses... Please ensure that your sisters at home have those qualities else they might end up being a victim should we implement what you advice

5 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Kingarthur21: 1:47pm On May 20, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
Hey, I showed you the science, you decide what you want to do with your lives. It's a free universe.

But believe me you, there is nothing sadder than a man who is 50something running around and sleeping with everything that moves. He thinks these pretty young girls love him, but he doesn't know they are in it for his wallet. It's a sad life.
you had to derail this thread with a counter argument,the op point was not for men to avoid marriage but for men to set up high standards..
Whenever a man sets his standards ladies will come here creating counter arguments.

Statistics on american men alone?lol...its enough to draw up conclusions on all men on the universe?

Then you turn back to blame society for ladies wanting to marry..

So society is the one responsible for women marrying?

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by sexylassie2(f): 1:53pm On May 20, 2020
Kingarthur21:
Have you not always fought traditional ways when it deals with chastity and virginity of the lady?
Since I have known you on this forum even with you alpha lion moniker you were against traditional ways..

You females on this forum are confusing!you will embrace wokeness just to dodge female gender roles and then go to embrace traditional ways to enjoy a man

ladies longthroat for men money and laziness are the two reasons they are yet to attain equality even after fighting for it for about 200 years

What is this one writing down?

Do you even understand what feminism is

So a woman defending another woman is feminism

and where did i write that i want to marry a white man?
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Kingarthur21: 1:54pm On May 20, 2020
sexylassie2:

What is this one writing down?
when you drop hypocrisy aside you will understand

6 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by emmaodet: 2:04pm On May 20, 2020
Kingarthur21:

grin

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Votukpa(m): 2:18pm On May 20, 2020
sexylassie2:
The biggest mistake a woman can make is marrying a man with no income.

The reality is most men want to eat their cake and have it, they want a traditional wife but cant carry the responsibility of marrying a traditional woman.

Shebi you are the man, why do you need a woman that works, aren't you guys the superior being.

The only reason why you need a working woman is to prey on her finance, to be realistic, only broke men want a working woman, a rich man wants a house wife.

Note: cry me a river, you won't get any reply from me.

You're 150% correct.
Men will not accept this because it is coming from a woman. I support you on this.

2 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Votukpa(m): 2:34pm On May 20, 2020
Anyahuruagu:
The worst mistake is to marry entitled wife with zero contributions..

Living Hell.

She may be working but she no dey contribute.

Looking for a go getter who is ready to wave poverty bye bye as am waving it not a mediocre whose taste buds doesn't taste investment and savings.

You're father was supposed to teach you this:

A woman isn't supposed to contribute in the sense of what you expressed. Stop looking for a woman who will contribute economically in your home.

Men are more beautiful and complete than women because we don't need them like they need us. Behold real beauty when a man gives his wife everything she needs and he doesn't need anything from her except her devotion and cooperation.

If any man feels he needs a woman to contribute in his home then he isn't ready to marry yet.

A man who is rich in every way doesn't require riches from a woman.

He is not only '(al)ready made', he is GODREADYMADE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Kingarthur21: 2:36pm On May 20, 2020
Votukpa:

You're 150% correct.
Men will not accept this because it is coming from a woman. I support you on this.
my dear,all men know this

No financially comfy man minds marrying the poorest girl on the globe.

The issue is their hypocrisy which is showed in several ways such as:
1)they are self acclaimed feminists that belief men and women should split house chores and the man is not head yet they want him to be 100% responsible for them financially.

Why should I pay the rent,money for feeding and upkeep, school fees,utilities,vacations and pocket money for my wife to buy the fancy shoes and human hair yet she will want me to be sharing cooking and washing plates with her(let us not forget that house helps,washing machines,dish washers etc are still sponsored from my pocket).

2)These hypocrites want men to date broke girls,but open threads upon threads to advice girls not to date broke boys.

3)These hypocrites want a man to bring money,protection,etc(all gotten from hard work) yet they don't want to bring their virginity and youthfulness to the table. They will drag equality with us when it deals with being sexually moral and chaste(i.e if men are non virgins,women musn't be virgins ) yet when it deals with finances none of them want to be equal to men.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Kingarthur21: 2:39pm On May 20, 2020
Votukpa:

You're father was supposed to teach you this:

A woman isn't supposed to contribute in the sense of what you expressed. Stop looking for a woman who will contribute economically in your home.

Men are more beautiful and complete than women because we don't need them like they need us. Behold real beauty when a man gives his wife everything she needs and he doesn't need anything from her except her devotion and cooperation.

If any man feels he needs a woman to contribute in his home then he isn't ready to marry yet.

A man who is rich in every way doesn't require riches from a woman.

He is not only '(al)ready made', he is GODREADYMADE.

no man minds a poor lady,how does girls peanuts benefit us?no man looks up to their finances.

We only have an issue when we are responsible for them financially,give them security ,comfort,and yet they are dragging shoulders with us .

They hate submission and devotion but yet want our pockets

6 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Ryan03(f): 2:45pm On May 20, 2020
Oluromantic:
You're correct op. She doesn't have to come from a rich home but should have good earnings to support her man

That belief of ...I'm a woman, my office is my husband's kitchen... Is archaic. But funny enough, some girls are still in that dream land.
it goes both ways. Some guys are the ones who give their wives the impression that their office ends in the kitchen. As a guy who have a working class woman, you should know that you will also partake in house chores, not when you feel like helping anymore. If you do that, your woman will only contribute when she feels like too. Many have refused to accept this fact

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Votukpa(m): 2:45pm On May 20, 2020
Kingarthur21:
my dear,all men know this

No financially comfy man minds marrying the poorest girl on the globe.

The issue is their hypocrisy which is showed in several ways such as:
1)they are self acclaimed feminists that belief men and women should split house chores and the man is not head yet they want him to be 100% responsible for them financially.

Why should I pay the rent,money for feeding and upkeep, school fees,utilities,vacations and pocket money for my wife to buy the fancy shoes and human hair yet she will want me to be sharing cooking and washing plates with her(let us not forget that house helps,washing machines,dish washers etc are still sponsored from my pocket).

2)These hypocrites want men to date broke girls,but open threads upon threads to advice girls not to date broke boys.

3)These hypocrites want a man to bring money,protection,etc(all gotten from hard work) yet they don't want to bring their virginity and youthfulness to the table. They will drag equality with us when it deals with being sexually moral and chaste(i.e if men are non virgins,women musn't be virgins ) yet when it deals with finances none of them want to be equal to men.

I feel you on every angle bro, but listen...

Why would you have all the money in the world and marry this kind of woman?

I like what you said about youthfulness and virginity. Those are the only two things women can gift us men. If a woman doesn't have these, then no man with his head on his shoulders should ever consider to marry such.

Most young women (with youth and virginity) DONT want to marry. This is why such women are rare and hard to find.

broke, entitled, used up non virgins who are mentally impoverished should be thoroughly avoided.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Kingarthur21: 2:46pm On May 20, 2020
I can see one mangina and female asslicker has come to this thread cool

Ryan03,you are welcome

3 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Ryan03(f): 2:49pm On May 20, 2020
MelaninSkinGirl:
Studies show married men are happier and live longer than their single/divorced/widowed counterparts. Single/Widowed/Divorced men are more depressed and suicidal than their married counterparts.

On the other hand, studies show that Single women live longer than their married counterparts, they also retain their figures and beauty longer than their married counterparts.

These studies show that the main benefactors of marriage is the Men. Make of that what you want!!!
funny people. Each sex claims marriage favours the other, makes me wonder if any party is even enjoying marriage. Las las, people dey marry every week. I just pity those who believe all these online crap

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Ryan03(f): 2:53pm On May 20, 2020
Helios85447:
at least they are in it for his wallet and he is having his fun driving them like okada on the bed so its a win win ......just live a happy life ooo but that is why pple prefer to do baby mama stuff this generation don spoil no be small
your point make sense
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Votukpa(m): 2:53pm On May 20, 2020
[quote author=Kingarthur21 post=89761488]no man minds a poor lady,how does girls peanuts benefit us?no man looks up to their finances.

We only have an issue when we are responsible for them financially,give them security ,comfort,and yet they are dragging shoulders with us .

They hate submission and devotion but yet want our pockets[/quote

We are men.

We make the first move.

Let's not make the move to marry THESE kinds girls.

Let's hold women to high standards and find the one who lives by them to marry.

A wicked, entitled and unsubmissive woman will show her colours from the beginning. If you know of her disposition and pursue her for marriage regardless, you would have practically handed your balls over to her. She will never submit nor honor you.

3 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Ryan03(f): 2:56pm On May 20, 2020
Kingarthur21:
I can see one mangina and female asslicker has come to this thread cool

Ryan03,you are welcome
thank you, you seem so interested in me grin I wonder why those of you that call yourselves red pillers just can't leave us "asslickers" alone. Do I give you nightmares?

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Votukpa(m): 2:56pm On May 20, 2020
Kingarthur21:
no man minds a poor lady,how does girls peanuts benefit us?no man looks up to their finances.

They hate submission and devotion but yet want our pockets

We are men.

We make the first move.

Let's not make the move to marry THESE kinds girls.

Let's hold women to high standards and find the one who lives by them to marry.

A wicked, entitled and unsubmissive woman will show her colours from the beginning. If you know of her disposition and pursue her for marriage regardless, you would have practically handed your balls over to her. She will never submit nor honor you.

3 Likes

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Kingarthur21: 3:01pm On May 20, 2020
Ryan03:
thank you, you seem so interested in me grin I wonder why those of you that call yourselves red pillers just can't leave us "asslickers" alone. Do I give you nightmares?
haba...this is not fight now ,I welcomed you here,any problem with it??
Did I do wrong by calling you your name?
Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Ryan03(f): 3:05pm On May 20, 2020
Kingarthur21:
haba...this is not fight now ,I welcomed you here,any problem with it??
Did I do wrong by calling you your name?
and I said "thank you", is that the signal for fight in your town? Lol

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by 21cents: 3:06pm On May 20, 2020
kneehighbootz:

Yet you had no issues taking money from a Nigerian girl.

The only thing worse than hypocrisy is being a shameless online beggar. Bambiala.

oga calm down.

the last paragraph below isn't true. the lady declared she wanted to do giveaway of some amount and he dropped aza.

there's nothing wrong in that as I don't see it as begging.

so if pesin wan dash me money make I reject am?

1 Like

Re: The Biggest Mistake In Marriage Right Now For A Guy by Kingarthur21: 3:06pm On May 20, 2020
Ryan03:
and I said "thank you", is that the signal for fight in your town? Lol
you are welcome bro...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Wife Ties Up Her Husband In Calabar, Attempts To Suffocate Him On Women’s Day / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? / Man Divorces Wife And Marries The Maid In Zambia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.