Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,542 members, 7,812,692 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father (34171 Views)

Mide Martins Reunites With Afeez Owo, Her Husband / Jumoke Orisaguna, Ex-Breadseller Reunites With Her Husband (photos) / Davido Reunites With Girlfriend, Sira Kante In New York (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 7:28pm On Jan 17, 2011
Obiagu1:

Are you okay?
Why can't you get it?  In Igbo culture, if your bride price is not paid, you are not married!

Are dumb?

She is American with Igbo heritage. Imposing on her to follow Igbo culture that is not part of her upbringing is quite crude?

Obiagu1:

She sought her lost family and is happy to be part of them. Do you know how her dad lost contact with her?
NL is filled with characters, I swear. She's not the first if you don't know, girls whose dads  were Igbo (mum usually white and had lost contact with the man) had returned home to do traditional marriages. So what is your problem? I get some pills if you need some.

WTF does she not being the first have to do with anything?

Get it in your thick head that my point is that it would make sense if she volunteered to perform any ritual, it is crude to impose it on her.

ezeagu:

How, from a few characters on the screen, do you know exactly what went on with her and her family? Where did you get the idea that anything was imposed on her or even the description of the way she reacted? You went on to describe how she reacted! If the woman wants to embrace Igbo culture her family would obviously tell her about bride prices, especially as she's reuniting with her dad!

The same way I found out she went to Nigeria: errrr . . . . News report?

It says in the report that "because the family told her they didn't do it right according to Igbo tradition - her family wants the husband to pay the bride price and do all the traditional stuff". Does that not sound like an imposition to you?

Her reaction is a sound logical deducement of how an average human being would respond to a soft imposition by people they are trying to ingratiate themselves with. They just follow, not to offend traditions.

Logical Deducement!!! Not the daft, moronic deducement obiagu1 gave earlier.

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by aloyemeka1: 7:30pm On Jan 17, 2011
Sagamite:

My understanding is she flew to Owerri to unite with her dad and extended family. This is a 42 year old woman that has one way or the other been abandoned by her biologically parents. Reasonable people would have just welcomed her and allowed her to get to know her people and even her culture, not tell her part of her existence is inadequate because of some culture that she did not grow up in and insist she must perform the culture. It is fine if she is the one volunteering, but it is crude to impose on her and she can not refuse without appearing rude.

I would not be surprised if some reetarded monarch decides to give her chieftancy title soon.

I don't think it's that serious the way you make it seem. Obviously, Igbo people joke with that all the time and nothing wrong with telling people your culture. If it was done in bad blood, the lady will step and never look back. After all said and done, the man will only spend his flight ticket and few change to satisfy the tradition[if they want to and if they don't want to, it wouldn't prevent her from doing anything with her paternal family]. It is for celebration and not taxation and in cases like this, her dad or step brothers pay the necessary dues required by their people.

You think the lady is silly?. If you overstep your boundary, she will never contact that side of her family any longer.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by bkbabe97y(m): 7:34pm On Jan 17, 2011
So lemme get this straight: Ibo daddy abandons beautiful American daughter, flees to Africa, has 10 other kids and the first thing that comes to his mind after 42 yrs is a bride price? Like, what wont these Ibos do for money? Culture?! Why dont he introduce her to drug dealing, kidnapping and cannibalism while he at it!?!

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 7:37pm On Jan 17, 2011
aloy/emeka:

I don't think it's that serious the way you make it seem. Obviously, Igbo people joke with that all the time and nothing wrong with telling people your culture. If it was done in bad blood, the lady will step and never look back. After all said and done, the man will only spend his flight ticket and few change to satisfy the tradition. It is for celebration and not taxation.

You think the lady is silly?. If you overstep your boundary, she will never contact that side of her family any longer.

I never said it was serious or done in bad blood.

I am just criticising our crude Nigerian mentality of being dogmatic based on our narrow thinking.

It is in Nigeria you will see a reeetard insisting that a child that completely grew up in a foreign country and choosing to play football for that country is a traitor and unpatriotic because they have Nigerian heritage and turned Nigeria down. CRUDE BRAIN!

People need to be more enlightened in their interactions. The husband SHOULD NOT have to pay flight money or whatever for an imposition he did not volunteer for. No matter how chicken change it is, it is his money and he should not be put in that position with a risk of his saying "No" being an uncomfortable interaction.

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ezeagu(m): 7:38pm On Jan 17, 2011
Sagamite:

The same way I found out she went to Nigeria: errrr . . . . News report?

It says in the report that "because the family told her they didn't do it right according to Igbo tradition - her family wants the husband to pay the bride price and do all the traditional stuff". Does that not sound like an imposition to you?

Her reaction is a sound logical deducement of how an average human being would respond to a soft imposition by people they are trying to ingratiate themselves with. They just follow, not to offend traditions.

Logical Deducement!!! Not the daft, moronic deducement obiagu1 gave earlier.

Ok, so since you know exactly what happened with her and her family from the news report, can you offer a transcript of how the conversation went with her family?

All your doing is guessing her reaction and obongo English doesn't hide it. My "logical deducement" can be that she was excited about the prospect of an Igbo wedding so she suggested to re-do her wedding, tell me how you're going to judge how logical your statement or my statement is?
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by isalegan2: 7:41pm On Jan 17, 2011
^^^ Wey the video?

Youtube?

I don't know where you'd find the video, but the segment was featured on the final/group interview episode of the TV show Real Housewives of something.  I think DC.  If you have time maybe it's available online.  Dunno though.

Her website: http://www.stacieturner.com/
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 7:43pm On Jan 17, 2011
ezeagu:

Ok, so since you know exactly what happened with her and her family from the news report, can you offer a transcript of how the conversation went with her family?

Where did you see me say "I know"?

Do you struggle with comprehension?

Do you know the meaning of "deducement" and how it is different from the meaning of "know"? Or do you want me to buy you a dictionary?

ezeagu:

All your doing is guessing her reaction and obongo English doesn't hide it. My "logical deducement" can be that she was excited about the prospect of an Igbo wedding so she suggested to re-do her wedding, tell me how you're going to judge how logical your statement or my statement is?

The report did not say "she suggested", the report said they criticised and told her it was inadequate and they "want" it to be re-done.

Logic? Comprehension? Which one are you struggling with?
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by TippyTop(m): 7:56pm On Jan 17, 2011
I somehow agree with Sagamite. Where was this dolt of a father when she needed him. To expect his long lost daughter to embrace "Igbo" culture after 42yrs is a get rich quick scheme.
Her real father is the man who raised her.
How about embracing American culture and paying for the child support that he missed?

Catherine and Thomas Scott are her real parents and I can't fathom why she would want to meet this excuse of a man.
According to Stacie her birth mother don't want anything to do with her, her birth father on the other hand is asking for "bribe" from this love starved woman.

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by isalegan2: 8:12pm On Jan 17, 2011
Tippy Top:

I somehow agree with Sagamite. Where was this dolt of a father when she needed him.

Maybe the white mother dropped the baby off at an orphanage and didn't tell him he had a kid.  It's possible.  Why would an African man refuse his kid? In those days?  (Okay, that was a little too naive-sounding cheesy )  The grandparents are always looking to add to the brood.  Yeah, things are bad economically now.  But when Stacie was born, they would have just taken her to Nigeria and raise her there. (That's what I've seen with 2 families anyway.)

To expect his long lost daughter to embrace "Igbo" culture after 42yrs is a get rich quick scheme.

Wow!  That's harsh.  You don't know.  He was in America that long ago.  Maybe he received a good degree and did well for himself back home.  Come on.  Read a little bit more about them before saying that.  I don't know everything about her but I didn't get any negative info about the dad.  That woman is too happy about finding her dad.  Nothing bad going on here.

How about embracing American culture and paying for the child support that he missed?

What child support?  The mother didn't want her.  The other people adopted her.  You don't pay child support to adoptive parents.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by TippyTop(m): 8:18pm On Jan 17, 2011
isale_gan2:

What child support?  The mother didn't want her.  The other people adopted her.  You don't pay child support to adoptive parents.

I'd like to see her birth father fund this "Igbo wedding". Case closed.

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 8:21pm On Jan 17, 2011
isale_gan2:

Maybe the white mother dropped the baby off at an orphanage and didn't tell him he had a kid. 

The possibility of this is the only reason why I have not tongue-lashed him.

Tippy Top:

I'd like to see her birth father fund this "Igbo wedding". Case closed.

I don't think that is the culture, I stand corrected. If you are going to impose culture then it is worth doing it right.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Abagworo(m): 8:22pm On Jan 17, 2011

Very true.I wonder how he will feel if she neglects him for the Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Abagworo(m): 8:25pm On Jan 17, 2011
In Igbo culture the traditional marriage is sponsored by the Bride's family.So the Americans financial commitments is not really required unless the father is poor.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by TippyTop(m): 8:27pm On Jan 17, 2011
Abagworo:

In Igbo culture the traditional marriage is sponsored by the Bride's family.So the Americans financial commitments is not really required unless the father is poor.
You've lost me, I thought Stacie and her husband are both Americans?
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by isalegan2: 8:29pm On Jan 17, 2011
Stacie is Igbo, because her father is.  Simple.  And her birth mother doesn't want her and won't acknowledge her anyway.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Dede1(m): 8:36pm On Jan 17, 2011
@Sagamite

Sagamite is a boorish brat and known retar.ded. The dullard jumps into issue he/she knew little about. In one of his/her previous posts, the deranged poster alluded the father abandoned Stacie Turner and she is not Nigerian too. Stacie never indicated not being a Nigerian in the article. At least, she is now a person of dual citizenship.

Being a Nigerian is one of the reasons that drove her to embark on a journey to Nigeria in search for her father when there were ceaseless waves of kidnappings. She is one determined Igbo girl both in spirit and physic. Talking about Stacie’s wedding, she is not married as far as her father is concerned because the traditional Igbo rites of marriage were not yet accomplished.

If you know the circumstances surrounding her father’s departure from USA or the fight Stacie’s mother stood up against her father returning to Nigeria with Stacie, please tell us.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ezeagu(m): 9:07pm On Jan 17, 2011
Sagamite:

The report did not say "she suggested", the report said they criticised and told her it was inadequate and they "want" it to be re-done.

Logic? Comprehension? Which one are you struggling with?

Exactly, so where in the report did it say that she was pressured into re-doing her wedding, in fact where does it say that the family wanted her wedding redone? And you're asking me about comprehension? I already asked you to go and find the transcript from the newspaper of the private conversation you know so much about and you ignored it. Next time it would be better to think about an argument before you make one or else you'll just be digging yourself deeper like you are now.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by fstranger1: 9:13pm On Jan 17, 2011
Hey guys, ignore Sodomite

He is losing it!
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by aloyemeka1: 9:40pm On Jan 17, 2011
Dede1:

@Sagamite

Sagamite is a boorish brat and known retar.ded. The dullard jumps into issue he/she knew little about. In one of his/her previous posts, the deranged poster alluded the father abandoned Stacie Turner and she is not Nigerian too. Stacie never indicated not being a Nigerian in the article. At least, she is now a person of dual citizenship.

Being a Nigerian is one of the reasons that drove her to embark on a journey to Nigeria in search for her father when there were ceaseless waves of kidnappings. She is one determined Igbo girl both in spirit and physic. Talking about Stacie’s wedding, she is not married as far as her father is concerned because the traditional Igbo rites of marriage were not yet accomplished.

If you know the circumstances surrounding her father’s departure from USA or the fight Stacie’s mother stood up against her father returning to Nigeria with Stacie, please tell us.   

You are not getting his point. His point is that it is not proper to impose things like this on someone who is alien to the culture especially in her first visit. The same example he gave in foreign born Nigerians being cursed by us for not agreeing to play for Nigeria. If Stacie and her husband want to go through the marriage rites, they can and if they want, her dad can perform them for her.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by aloyemeka1: 9:42pm On Jan 17, 2011
Tippy Top:

You've lost me, I thought Stacie and her husband are both Americans?

Yes and Stacie's father in this case is considered to be the Owerri man. So, he is supposed to foot the bills for the traditional marriage and not Stacie or her husband. That is Igbo culture. You can now see that it will be much cheaper for the man to ignore the marriage rites if making money is the issue here.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by aloyemeka1: 9:47pm On Jan 17, 2011
Tippy Top:

Catherine and Thomas Scott are her real parents and I can't fathom why she would want to meet this excuse of a man.
According to Stacie her birth mother don't want anything to do with her, her birth father on the other hand is asking for "bribe" from this love starved woman.

Have you considered that the baby may come as a surprise to him?. He may have left the US before the baby was born and had no way to locate the child?. And stop abusing the biological mom because if she is/was such a racist, she wouldn't agree to sleep with a black man in the first place. Sometimes, family pressure and hardship can push people into doing what they don't wanna do. Her family may have blackmailed her into giving up the nigga child and the nigga daddy or live on the streets.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by presido1: 10:23pm On Jan 17, 2011
Is Sagamite another user name for Kobojunkie.

Nairaland wikileak over to you. Give us answer pls.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by fstranger1: 10:24pm On Jan 17, 2011
presido1:

Is Sagamite another user name for Kobojunkie.

Nairaland wikileak over to you. Give us answer pls.

It may well be

At the very least, A kobojunkie wanna be.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by udezue(m): 10:36pm On Jan 17, 2011
If she wanted to do it then it is her business. I saw the show and she was excited about the whole experience of doing a Traditional wedding. Do you know how many black women out there who will like to find out about their true identity and adopt the culture. She has accepted herself as an Igbo woman.

Sagamite should quit the claptrap.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Kadimm: 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2011
Have they done a DNA test?
Just sayin'.
You know how these things happen on the Maury Pauvich Show.

As in,

You are NOT the father of 42 year-old mama baby Stacie. grin

All these runaway African dads.
Barrack Obama is in good company here.
Like Kenyans, like Nigerians.

Lucky turn out.

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by aloyemeka1: 11:02pm On Jan 17, 2011
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by philip0906(m): 11:15pm On Jan 17, 2011
Sagamite seems 2 lack d ability 2 make use of common sense and would rather want 2 show us how dull he is when it comes 2 basic reasoning and dragging d "arguement" 2 3 pages,is like a "show of his intellectual capability"(in his mind). . .I wonder what life would have been like 4 us,if dis dude saw d 4 walls of Harvard University
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by fstranger1: 11:26pm On Jan 17, 2011
philip0906:

Sagamite seems 2 lack d ability 2 make use of common sense and

would rather want 2 show us how dull he is when it comes 2 basic reasoning and dragging d "arguement" 2 3 pages,is like a "show of his intellectual capability"(in his mind). . .I wonder what life would have been like 4 us,if dis dude saw d 4 walls of Harvard University

Abi oooo
I am glad he was never good enough for Harvard.

Even, OAU would not have accepted him

I have never seen a more stupid person in my life.

Even Kobo seems smarter than him.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Kadimm: 11:29pm On Jan 17, 2011
Poor Sagamite Sodomite.

Ode ogbologbo ati agbalagba. cry
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by aloyemeka1: 11:42pm On Jan 17, 2011
Are you people here to settle old scores with Sagamite or make a point?.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by fstranger1: 11:48pm On Jan 17, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Are you people here to settle old scores with Sagamite or make a point?.

What do you care?

Are you Sodomite's girlfriend?
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by philip0906(m): 11:52pm On Jan 17, 2011
fstranger1:

What do you care?

Are you Sodomite's girlfriend?
grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Peter Okoye Shows Off His Fleet Of Cars / Photos Of Timaya With Dija For GloMegaMusic Tour (Photos) / Eedris Abdulkareem: Timaya Is An Ingrate, He Wanted To Be Like 2baba (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.