Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,957 members, 7,828,381 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father (34260 Views)

Mide Martins Reunites With Afeez Owo, Her Husband / Jumoke Orisaguna, Ex-Breadseller Reunites With Her Husband (photos) / Davido Reunites With Girlfriend, Sira Kante In New York (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by cap28: 4:39am On Jan 19, 2011
tpia*:

strange and sad.

He should watch "Meet the Robinsons". That movie is amazing.

I havent read the woman's story but i was wondering [from the comments here] why her birth mother got pregnant by a black man if she didnt like black people.

might have been a one night stand or something?

Sleeping with a black person and introducing them to your family members as the father of your child are two very different things, there are loads of white girls who sleep with black men on the quiet but many would never openly date nor marry one for fear of being ostracised by family and friends.  The average white person wants to be able to fit in with their friends and family and if being with a black person might jeopardise that they will simply avoid being in that sort of situation.  I can imagine that in 1967 it would have been a hundred times more difficult for a white woman to bring home a black man to her family as the father of her child, hence her decision.

Even in the 21st century you will find a lot of white girls who will date a black guy but will seriously not want to marry one for fear of how their parents will react, one upper middle class english girl on a reality show here in london actually said that her mum wouldnt mind her marrying a black guy as long as he was highly educated, had a very good job and could provide for her, however she said that her dad would "go through the roof" no matter how wealthy or educated the black guy was - go figure.

Also housing in america was and remains segregated in the US, i can only imagine the difficulty she would have had finding accomodation in segregated america with a mixed race child in tow, she probably would have been forced to move into a black neighbourhood because the white neighbours would have a field day gossiping about her each time she would come out of the house with her child.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by isalegan2: 4:59am On Jan 19, 2011
cap28:

I think its great for Stacie to have been reunited with her igbo father back in nigeria however i do not think he had any right to expect her to undergo another igbo marriage ceremony or expect her husband to pay a bride price to him - what for? He did not raise, nurture or expend anything on her upbringing, from what i read her adoptive parents raised and nurtured her, as far as im concerned all credit should go to her late adoptive parents for making her what she is today, and if any money needs to be paid it should have been to those people not the nigerian sperm donor. He needs to maintain a low profile (he seems to have managed it for 42 years) and just politely keep up a friendly relationship but not expect that she owes him anything because she doesnt.
As far as saying that her marriage won't be recognised in her father's hometown - who cares - she doesnt live there, doesnt understand the culture or the language and up until a few months ago no-one in that village even knew she existed so i dont see why it should matter now.

I just watched a clip of the show and she comes across as very down to earth and likeable, I can understand her hunger to want to know her biological parents, the fact that her white birth mother rejected her must have beena blow and this is probably why she focused on finding out who her biological father is.

I have a mixed race relative who was also rejected by his white birth mother (he was brought up by his nigerian father, the couple never married) he traced the woman to spain when he was 21 and she had remarried with children from her white husband, when he turned up on her doorstep she went into a panic becuase her husband did not know that she had a grown up mixed race son, she made it clear to him that she does not want anything to do with him, he was shattered by that experience.

I can imagine that Stacie must have felt similarly however her vulnerability and need to feel she belongs somewhere should not be abused by her father who might see her as a meal ticket, i think she should keep her biological father's family at arms lenght if she cherishes her sanity. They are from two different worlds and aside from the fact that they are related by blood do not really have anything else in common.

I watched a clip of her on youtube - she seems very down to earth and likeable, one thing i dont understand though is why she is the only black woman on the show seeing as DC is known as chocolate city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZA_---s2Xk&feature=channel

Some bite in that!  hahahaha. What are they feeding you all over there in England?  Something in the water? grin  You do know that your old buddy, Saggy, agrees with you.  Would you like to revise your statement, counsellor?  I'm just kidding.  I blame UK for this.  Anyway, I'm not up for more discussion about this today.  I already made a number of posts earlier.  You can check to see why I differ in my opinion about this whole Stacie and dad reunion story.

Hope you're having a good year so far.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by tpia6: 5:00am On Jan 19, 2011
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by cap28: 1:20pm On Jan 19, 2011
isale_gan2:

Some bite in that!  hahahaha. What are they feeding you all over there in England?  Something in the water? grin  You do know that your old buddy, Saggy, agrees with you.  Would you like to revise your statement, counsellor?  I'm just kidding.  I blame UK for this.  Anyway, I'm not up for more discussion about this today.  I already made a number of posts earlier.  You can check to see why I differ in my opinion about this whole Stacie and dad reunion story.

Hope you're having a good year so far.

Hey you, where,ve you been hiding? no i didnt know i was in agreement with Saggy on this one but hey what can i say that's just how i feel.

I think its wrong for her biological father and his family to make demands on her when they did not bring her up.  Do you know what happens to some of those children that are placed in foster homes?  A lot of them end up  psychologically damaged for the rest of their lives, she may have been one of the lucky ones who was placed with a loving family and was saved from a life of abuse and turmoil.  Its on this basis that i think the father has some balls expecting that she owes him anything after what she has been through. 

There's a british born comedienne of nigerian origin  called Gina Yashere whose   father abandoned her mother (who is also nigerian) and the kids when Gina was 3, fast forward 20 years later when Gina is doing well as a stand up comedian this guy now starts writing letters ORDERING Gina to send him a ticket to come visit "the family" in London!!!!!! Gina is totally flabbergasted - here is a man who walked out on the family when they were kids leaving her mum to bring up 5 kids by herself in london.  Gina did not even bother responding to his letters and has no relationship with him. 

I find men who abandon their families totally abhorrent, but i reserve my greatest contempt for the  ones who try to renew contact after years of remaining incommunicado in order to extract financial remuneration.

http://www.modernghana.com/movie/9205/3/humour-is-the-best-stress-buster-yashere-award-win.html
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by bkbabe97y(m): 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2011
Someone please convince me that this Cap28 dude is not a psycho. . . . . . .
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by hacker2k: 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2011
How far my follow Nigeria,i had bring good thing to you.Free call is here again but only for glo to glo.here is my number 08152046990.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by armyofone(m): 2:58pm On Jan 19, 2011
the picture with her dad touched me, eyaa
i hope she is able to care for him, life must be hard from looking at him
if that man had stayed in the US, am sure he'd look better than that.
sufferhead too much for nigeria undecided
i'm glad she is happy finding her root.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by chines4(m): 3:10pm On Jan 19, 2011
Bride price in Igbo land is and will continue to be our tradition. By Law of adoption she is no even a Nigerian, but by birth she is. If she feels like doing it. Following the culture of her birth father. then why are we killing our self over it. Without paying the bride price the lady is just living with a man.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by tpia6: 3:23pm On Jan 19, 2011
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by akoraye(m): 3:39pm On Jan 19, 2011
Igbo people have started their greediness in the name of tradition especially ibo from imo state.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 5:27pm On Jan 19, 2011
chines4:

Bride price in Igbo land is and will continue to be our tradition. By Law of adoption she is no even a Nigerian, but by birth she is. If she feels like doing it. Following the culture of her birth father. then why are we killing our self over it. Without paying the bride price the lady is just living with a man.

Really?

It would affect her tax returns in DC?

US courts will not recognise she is married?

US govt will not allow her or her husband to claim assets in case of one partner's death?

What a steeeewpid statement.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 6:03pm On Jan 19, 2011
eku_bear:

Stacy Dash = auto smash. I've been crushing on her since I was like 11 tongue
i only got turned on to her beauty during kanye wests video. i saw her prior in 'clueless' but i was too immature to appreciate her beauty back then.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 6:05pm On Jan 19, 2011
eku_bear:

What changed in those 8 years?  grin She still is pretty much perfect.

Her and Garcelle Beauvais. . . mmm mmm mmm! The things I would do to either/both of them!
garcelle beauvais ? come on now. she aint in top form lately. she from haiti. did you know that ?
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 6:06pm On Jan 19, 2011
Sagamite:

Kim Kardashian, Esther Baxter, Amber Rose, Keri Hilson, Toolz etc all grew up and appeared on the radar.
really ? she looks like her face is melting. kinda like a halloween mask. she aint all that.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2011
cap28:

I think its great for Stacie to have been reunited with her igbo father back in nigeria however i do not think he had any right to expect her to undergo another igbo marriage ceremony or expect her husband to pay a bride price to him - what for? He did not raise, nurture or expend anything on her upbringing, from what i read her adoptive parents raised and nurtured her, as far as im concerned all credit should go to her late adoptive parents for making her what she is today, and if any money needs to be paid it should have been to those people not the nigerian sperm donor. He needs to maintain a low profile (he seems to have managed it for 42 years) and just politely keep up a friendly relationship but not expect that she owes him anything because she doesnt.
As far as saying that her marriage won't be recognised in her father's hometown - who cares - she doesnt live there, doesnt understand the culture or the language and up until a few months ago no-one in that village even knew she existed so i dont see why it should matter now.

I just watched a clip of the show and she comes across as very down to earth and likeable, I can understand her hunger to want to know her biological parents, the fact that her white birth mother rejected her must have beena blow and this is probably why she focused on finding out who her biological father is.

I have a mixed race relative who was also rejected by his white birth mother (he was brought up by his nigerian father, the couple never married) he traced the woman to spain when he was 21 and she had remarried with children from her white husband, when he turned up on her doorstep she went into a panic becuase her husband did not know that she had a grown up mixed race son, she made it clear to him that she does not want anything to do with him, he was shattered by that experience.

I can imagine that Stacie must have felt similarly however her vulnerability and need to feel she belongs somewhere should not be abused by her father who might see her as a meal ticket, i think she should keep her biological father's family at arms lenght if she cherishes her sanity. They are from two different worlds and aside from the fact that they are related by blood do not really have anything else in common.

I watched a clip of her on youtube - she seems very down to earth and likeable, one thing i dont understand though is why she is the only black woman on the show seeing as DC is known as chocolate city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZA_---s2Xk&feature=channel
this is what i thought till i read her story. the only reason she wants to know her biological parents is for medical reasons. maybe she need a kidney ?? grin grin
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 6:18pm On Jan 19, 2011
tpia*:

strange and sad.

He should watch "Meet the Robinsons". That movie is amazing.

I havent read the woman's story but i was wondering [from the comments here] why her birth mother got pregnant by a black man if she didnt like black people.

might have been a one night stand or something?

quite puzzling. I'd assumed [without watching the show] that most of the housewives would be black, since it's set in DC.

Maybe the rich professional black women live in virginia and maryland, not DC.

she loves black men but her desires were far eclipsed by her circumstances. she coulda been lynched or something or ostracized from society for what she did. you should read this book 'the sweeter the juice' by shirley haizlip. millions of white americans ( from 1860 to 1980s) are in the same situation. they eventually went and married a white person and forgot about the black family they had created. they became 'white' again'. and there is this constant fear that the black sde of the family will come out of the blues and reveal their secret. christopher reid from 'kid n play' is in the same exact situation as stacie turner. his jamaican father impregnated his white irish mother. well the white part of the family ran the jamaican man out of town and disowned his mother.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 6:24pm On Jan 19, 2011
buzugee:

i only got turned on to her beauty during kanye wests video. i saw her prior in 'clueless' but i was too immature to appreciate her beauty back then.

Right from clueless for me.

buzugee:

really ? she looks like her face is melting. kinda like a halloween mask. she aint all that.

Mate, finest woman on Earth at the moment. Even other women tell me that. Black girls envy her bootie fgs.

She is not great in bed though. grin
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 6:27pm On Jan 19, 2011
armyofone:

the picture with her dad touched me, eyaa
i hope she is able to care for him, life must be hard from looking at him
if that man had stayed in the US, am sure he'd look better than that.
sufferhead too much for nigeria  undecided
i'm glad she is happy finding her root.
are you for real ? lmao if the man had been in the usa all that time he will be dead by now. if no be hypertension, it will be diabetes or cancer or arthritis or gout. how many 80 year old black men in america can handle 13 kids, 2 wives and still be able to walk on their own ? dont feel sorry for the man. he is enjoying his life. i can bet you that even in his younger days, he didnt look that different from now. he probably was a small man.

1 Like

Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 6:34pm On Jan 19, 2011
Sagamite:

Right from clueless for me.

Mate, finest woman on Earth at the moment. Even other women tell me that. Black girls envy her bootie fgs.

She is not great in bed though. grin
finest woman on earth ? even her booty looks like water bags. they not firm enough. they look like they will become a sack of dimples when she turns 35 grin grin . she dont do it for me. now dont get me wrong now, ill tap dat if she is offering but it will just be a favor on my part. i am generous like dat grin
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 6:37pm On Jan 19, 2011
buzugee:

finest woman on earth ? even her booty looks like water bags. they not firm enough. they look like they will become a sack of dimples when she turns 35 grin grin . she dont do it for me. now dont get me wrong now, ill tap dat if she is offering but it will just be a favor on my part. i am generous like dat grin

Even if I was to agree with you, I will work with what I got now rather than be thinking what it will become tomorrow.

Jesus will provide and cater for tomorrow.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2011
Sagamite:

Even if I was to agree with you, I will work with what I got now rather than be thinking what it will become tomorrow.

Jesus will provide and cater for tomorrow.
amen to that my brother grin . only thing kim can do for me is deposit 1 million of her dollars in my bank account. thats all she can do for me.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 6:51pm On Jan 19, 2011
peep this akwa ibom gigolo chopping this old decrepit jewish looking lady. she is tracie turners compadre in housewives of DC

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by mamagee3(f): 8:48pm On Jan 19, 2011
This story is weird! tongue
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by tpia6: 10:13pm On Jan 19, 2011
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by savanaha: 11:31pm On Jan 19, 2011
buzugee:

peep this akwa ibom gigolo chopping this old decrepit jewish looking lady. she is tracie turners compadre in housewives of DC

Maybe he wants to come on tv although they could really "be in love." It just struck me odd that a 52 yr. old woman with 4 children would really match well with a 30 something year old man almost the same age as some of her children. But "love" is an intriguing thing.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 11:36pm On Jan 19, 2011
tpia*:

happens in other situations besides black/white ones.

in slavery days, white servants did sometimes marry black male slaves and have children with them.

things didnt get polarized so much until after the reconstruction- jim crow, etc.
stacie turners case was after the reconstruction.
happens in other cultures but the white / black scenario is even more polarizing because of slavery.
and i am aware of the weird relationship between black slaves and irish indentured servants but back in them times it wasnt about race as much as it was about class. the racial dynamics changed in the 1800s.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 11:42pm On Jan 19, 2011
savanaha:

Maybe he wants to come on tv although they could really "be in love." It just struck me odd that a 52 yr. old woman with 4 children would really match well with a 30 something year old man almost the same age as some of her children. But "love" is an intriguing thing.
they are both 'users'. she is using him because she is a decrepit old woman with 4 grown kids and a big vajayjay who wouldnt be satisfied by white men her own age. of course she cant get a younger white man because that will be too much like sleeping with her son. so she picks a young black man.

he ? well he is in it for the money and fame.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by ekubear1: 12:56am On Jan 20, 2011
Agreed on the Kim K comments. A good look now, but will start falling apart in under 3-5 years. Already, there are telltale signs of decay.

For me, I'm mostly interested in women who will have longevity appearance-wise. Seen too many beautiful women turn into hideous trolls by age 30 or after pikin. Gotta keep all that stuff in mind.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by buzugee(m): 1:20am On Jan 20, 2011
eku_bear:

Agreed on the Kim K comments. A good look now, but will start falling apart in under 3-5 years. Already, there are telltale signs of decay.

For me, I'm mostly interested in women who will have longevity appearance-wise. Seen too many beautiful women turn into hideous trolls by age 30 or after pikin. Gotta keep all that stuff in mind.

she ain all that. dunno what all the hoopla is. LOL @ tell tale signs of decay @ hideous trolls
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by tpia6: 2:53am On Jan 20, 2011
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by Sagamite(m): 6:09am On Jan 20, 2011
buzugee:

she ain all that. dunno what all the hoopla is. LOL @ tell tale signs of decay @ hideous trolls

Mate, that is a FYNE face without make-up.

She knows, that is why she has the guts to take it.
Re: After 42 Years, Hollywood Star, Stacie Turner, Reunites With Igbo Father by isalegan2: 6:16am On Jan 20, 2011
- - -

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Davido Taking Selfie With Infinix Device / Tonto Dikeh: "Churchill Squatted In My House After We Married" / Tagbo’s Death: Police Investigating Davido As His Response Is Suspicious - CP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.