Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) (105606 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Commits Suicide In Lagos / 16-Year-Old Girl Who Always Sleeps In Class Gets Pregnant In Lagos. Photo / Yahoo Boy Caught Using His 7-Year-Old Nephew For Rituals In Lagos. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by ProfAmaben(m): 12:15pm On May 21, 2020
Braindealer:
okay. I just sensed some level of wisdom. Am a philosopher
I love philosophers because of how they see the world, Aristotle, Plato, Socrates etc are really great men.

1 Like

Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by BreconHills(m): 12:20pm On May 21, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Don't ever tell me that, you have your belief, I have mine. Christians and moslems always have this odd mentally that they reign supreme whereas they are filled with bile and hatred for humanity.

You attracted that flame attack because you had to say you are an atheist. When a young person dies, no one really welcomes a statement that sounds like you are using the situation as a peg to advertise your belief.
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by wonuks(m): 12:22pm On May 21, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
Prove it!
I'm not about to convince you to dump your belief in nothing. I'm just telling you that God is not something you go-to lab to prove. He does not need proof. Only a fool says that there's no God. You can choose to take or leave it. That's my believe and it's working for me
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by wonuks(m): 12:25pm On May 21, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
In other words, he has to be FOOLISH if he wants to believe in God, abi?
If you try God and it doesn't for you my brother find another thing to do or believe in.

I'm not about to convince you to dump your belief in nothing. I'm just telling you that God is not something you go-to lab to prove. He does not need proof. Only a fool says that there's no God. You can choose to take or leave it. That's my believe and it's working for me
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by incogni2o: 12:34pm On May 21, 2020
NLPsychologist:

There was no conceit whatsoever in what he said. Atheists have rights to expressing there views. After all, Christianity, Islam, God, Biology, Physics etc are all viewpoints in their realest senses.

None encompasses a 360° viewpoint for it to stand undisputable. This means no one has any right to shut anybody down because of their viewpoint no matter how deviated the seem. Thanks.

Aethiests have no 360 degree view point of the world unlike what other world view claim to have.

I countered his point with no reference to any other religion so don't jump into conclusion of what i beleive of don't.

You can't compare aethism with other religions, which more often than not have thier book of instructions.

Conceit is he thinking aethism has a complete and comprehensive world view as other religions claim and have books to back up thier claim.

And its due to the conceit I asked him to shut up before he derails others.

Thanks too.
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by wonuks(m): 12:34pm On May 21, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
In other words, he has to be FOOLISH if he wants to believe in God, abi?

Answer this question: Can Nothing create Something?
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by wonuks(m): 12:37pm On May 21, 2020
ProfAmaben:

I love philosophers because of how they see the world, Aristotle, Plato, Socrates etc are really great men.
Hi Prof. I have a question for you if you don't mind. here's it:

Can Nothing create Something?
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by Jess29: 12:48pm On May 21, 2020
Suicide is not an option to solve problems rather its a problem continued. We came into this world with nothing and we will leave with nothing so why consider committing suicide when you you faced with life issues. When you commit suicide, the ones who suffer the after math is your family, they through pains,humiliation from people,torture and stigmatized by the societies. So please for everyone thing of suicide, think about your family and loved ones and think of what you will tell God when you get there. Think twice. A word they say is enough for the wise.
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by ProfAmaben(m): 1:00pm On May 21, 2020
wonuks:

Hi Prof. I have a question for you if you don't mind. here's it:

Can Nothing create Something?

What many people, atheist and theist alike, don’t know, is that nothing is something - nothing is a universal energy called Zero Point Energy, the lowest of energies in the universe. It has been proved true by science that ZPE exists. Our concept of nothing is flawed, because we tend to believe that nothing does not contains anything, but the truth is that nothing contains everything, and assuming that in wherever there is void there is ZPE, there is something, and that something have lead to the creation and to the expansion of the universe.

Like many others have stated in their answers - gods need to come from something as well, leading to an infinite regression of gods and super gods and super-ultra gods and so forth. If gods are to create themselves, how can something create itself before it exists? It’s like being a mother that is the same as the baby she gives birth to. ZPE is an exception because ZPE fluctuates in and out of existence, unlike gods which are absolute, eternal and never changing.

I still tend to believe that spirituality and supernaturality is a product of a historical human ignorance, set loose by a great lack of scientific methods. Science, even if flawed, is still the best way to explain things, based on experimentation, research, learning from past mistakes and past inaccuracies, and coherent logical methodology.

The religious people argue, is it possible for the Earth to create itself? We atheists argue, is it possible for a force (God) to create itself? There is no definite way to answer this question except using the big bang theory, it has its flaws but we all know that religion always tells you to believe without questions which is a huge flaw in itself.
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:06pm On May 21, 2020
wonuks:

Answer this question: Can Nothing create Something?
Asking such question means you are already assuming something creates something. What if Nothing was was even created?
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:09pm On May 21, 2020
wonuks:

If you try God and it doesn't for you my brother find another thing to do or believe in.

"No God" also does not need proof. Period!
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by ProfAmaben(m): 1:10pm On May 21, 2020
BreconHills:

You attracted that flame attack because you had to say you are an atheist. When a young person dies, no one really welcomes a statement that sounds like you are using the situation as a peg to advertise your belief.
What flame attack? That was his opinion, I have nothing against him. I would advertise my belief, Christians always preach to others without condemnation, why do they love condemning others?
If I had said "as a Christian I don't support this", I'm sure he wouldn't have flamed up as you earlier said. Why would the British bring a Bible to me and expect me to blindly follow them? Was any Nigerian a Christian before the British came?

2 Likes

Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by CeCeEkol(f): 1:11pm On May 21, 2020
Don't worry about the moody ones, worry about the ones that laugh, smile and crack jokes all the the like the world is at their palm..
Don't worry about those that keep a low profile on social media, worry about the ones that snap pictures, 25 times a day and upload and then make the world seem so wonderful, the active ones. lets be our brothers keeper, be observant, many atimes depressed people don't tell you they are depressed and you ll never guess cos their lives seems so perfect. lets pay attention. Hope you re able to find peace, the peace you couldn't find here on earth. wherever you are now, hope you feel better....RIP.
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by Heineken(m): 1:42pm On May 21, 2020
Reucy:
I'm sure this guy might even be the smiling and boisterous type, people like that usually hurt the most.

Most people see me as a very happy, energetic lady and all that, they don't see the pain because I have mastered the act of hiding it. Most times have thought of committing suicide but when i remember my parents and siblings and a lot of persons that believe and look up to me, I drop the suicide thought.

I mean life is damn hard.
Rip to him.
please don't commit suicide o. Always think of your mum. Someone like me I can't stand seeing my mum cry. Imagine I come kill myself. Things hard for me o. Job and joy no dey. Money no dey but I dey believe. Abeg don't..
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by wirinet(m): 1:45pm On May 21, 2020
Humanoid01:

If this is the only life we have, then you have every reason to support his act as an atheist. If this is the only life we have, then what difference does it make when he dies since he will be unconscious forever? Everybody should just commit suicide and go into extinction since this is the only life we have. Don't you think so?
If we have a better life or duplicate life, why not end all the struggles and pains of daily survival and go and enjoy forever? Why not strap a bomb to your chest and blow yourselves and others into smithereens, as you will wake up in paradise? You that is living in a face me I face you apartment could even drink sniper and see your double self wake living in a gold mansion.

If the afterlife is so appealing, I wonder why people are so afraid of death.
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by Heineken(m): 1:45pm On May 21, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
there are lots of things without solutions
lol I tell you boss. Plenty things. Like me I haven't really been happy but I'm trying. Most times I think deeply and breath out and pity myself.
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by Heineken(m): 1:48pm On May 21, 2020
akdjr:
How people fit commit suicide still remain a mystery to me.
bro it's very easy. If I tell you mine ehn.
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by TruthinAction: 1:54pm On May 21, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
Jesus died and then a earthquake happened and dead people rose from the dead and walked around Jerusalem but no contemporary account of this happening exists anywhere
as extremely unbelievable as it all sounds there are still several details omitted. Did the zombies look like rotten corpses, or were they provided with fresh bodies? Where did they go after rising from their tombs and appearing to many people? Did they die a second time, or did they walk back into their graves? Who were these zombies?
You would think that zombies walking around would generate at least one historical written account of this event. There are none.

You believe Jesus died and rose, do you also believe Zombies walked Jerusalem when he died?

They had glorified bodies like Jesus and only those they appeared to saw them. Why would the Romans record the event when they tried to cook up stories to cover up the fact that he was risen from the dead.

They went to heaven with Jesus the day he ascended.
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by Humanoid01(m): 2:00pm On May 21, 2020
wirinet:

If we have a better life or duplicate life, why not end all the struggles and pains of daily survival and go and enjoy forever? Why not strap a bomb to your chest and blow yourselves and others into smithereens, as you will wake up in paradise? You that is living in a face me I face you apartment could even drink sniper and see your double self wake living in a gold mansion.

If the afterlife is so appealing, I wonder why people are so afraid of death.
The afterlife is not a duplicate of this life. It is not a "second chance" , but rather an aftereffect of this life. The belief that you're going to give account of the life you live here should make you value it. Therefore, the afterlife is not in itself appealing. Those who take their lives;

1. Don't believe in the existence of an afterlife.

OR

2. Have a misconceived idea of what the afterlife is about.

That is why we need to discover our individual purposes of existence and fulfil it. Most people are afraid of dying (including those who believe in the afterlife and those who don't). This means that there is something within our subconscious minds that signals the existence of an eternal world which is determined by the kind of life we live here. This should make an atheist reconsider his stance on the existence of God and who He really is.
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by reubensco: 2:04pm On May 21, 2020
Damnnnn!! This is so sad.
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by dotedote: 3:30pm On May 21, 2020
What a piece of advice.
He should stay alive cos of those that love him. What's the love got to do to help him ? Give us other reasons you want people to stay alive. Not cos of the people that love them.

He probably couldn't hold it anymore & had to let go. Damn! This is sad.

JasonScoolari:
The pains his immediate family will go through will be unbearable....

"Stay alive for those who love you"

That's my message for anyone contemplating suicide.
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by adekool2015: 3:34pm On May 21, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Life is hard, as an atheist, I don't support him because this is the only life we have.
its take some who is alive to know that life is hard
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by BreconHills(m): 3:50pm On May 21, 2020
ProfAmaben:

What flame attack? That was his opinion, I have nothing against him. I would advertise my belief, Christians always preach to others without condemnation, why do they love condemning others?
If I had said "as a Christian I don't support this", I'm sure he wouldn't have flamed up as you earlier said. Why would the British bring a Bible to me and expect me to blindly follow them? Was any Nigerian a Christian before the British came?

If you want to advertise your belief or religion or whatever, maybe you should spend more time talking about its positive attributes eg the moral beauty of atheism, or the social justice of atheism than merely contrasting it with other religions. It should be able to stand by on its own as an ideology. People may like protests, but no one wants to sit with a protester on a six hour plane journey. Its kind of tiring.

My thoughts.
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by ProfAmaben(m): 3:59pm On May 21, 2020
BreconHills:

If you want to advertise your belief or religion or whatever, maybe you should spend more time talking about its positive attributes eg the moral beauty of atheism, or the social justice of atheism than merely contrasting it with other religions. It should be able to stand by on its own as an ideology. People may like protests, but no one wants to sit with a protester on a six hour plane journey. Its kind of tiring.

My thoughts.
I'm far from being a protester, who cares about how atheists are accepted? We don't care and we'll keep practicing our belief. I just said "as an atheist" hell was let loose. If anyone attacks atheist ideology, you must defend your religion's ideology, you don't go bashing others and expect them to smile at you, there's no monopoly of such things.

1 Like

Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by wirinet(m): 4:01pm On May 21, 2020
Humanoid01:

The afterlife is not a duplicate of this life. It is not a "second chance" , but rather an aftereffect of this life. The belief that you're going to give account of the life you live here should make you value it. Therefore, the afterlife is not in itself appealing. Those who take their lives;

1. Don't believe in the existence of an afterlife.

OR

2. Have a misconceived idea of what the afterlife is about.

That is why we need to discover our individual purposes of existence and fulfil it. Most people are afraid of dying (including those who believe in the afterlife and those who don't). This means that there is something within our subconscious minds that signals the existence of an eternal world which is determined by the kind of life we live here. This should make an atheist reconsider his stance on the existence of God and who He really is.

What you said only make sense to you and those with the same belief system. To other religions and to the atheist it makes no sense at all.

First of all some religions like Buddhism has no heaven, it has a hierarchy of incarnations until one achieves nirvana, which is being at one with the universe. Even some Christian sects live the jehovah witness has no afterlife heaven as believed by most Christians.

Secondly, most atheist do not believe they owe their life to any diety or God as they did not ask to be alife. They were not consulted before being born, so they owe no account to any God. They just want to survive (as it is programmed in the DNA of all living things), leave a piece of their DNA behind and nurture the earth with their remains. They have no interest in worshipping any diety in the afterlife.

Finally, since atheist believe they only have one shot at life, they believe that they have to make every second count as there are no second chances.

2 Likes

Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by wirinet(m): 4:06pm On May 21, 2020
wonuks:

But the universe itself is 99.9999999% Empty Space (nothing). Even your body is almost nothing (also composed of 99.9999999% Empty Space).
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by wonuks(m): 4:25pm On May 21, 2020
OgogoroFreak:
Asking such question means you are already assuming something creates something. What if Nothing was was even created?

I meant to ask can something come out of nothing?
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by Spechialone(f): 4:29pm On May 21, 2020
Officialgarri:
Debt

This is one disadvantage of white collar jobs. You go out everyday with well tailored suit and tie.
Everyone thinks money dey
They respect you and use you as a yardstick.

But your fear starts; when your debt profile is high and the fear of getting fired anytime

Wise words...
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by wonuks(m): 4:38pm On May 21, 2020
ProfAmaben:

What many people, atheist and theist alike, don’t know, is that nothing is something - nothing is a universal energy called Zero Point Energy, the lowest of energies in the universe. It has been proved true by science that ZPE exists. Our concept of nothing is flawed, because we tend to believe that nothing does not contains anything, but the truth is that nothing contains everything, and assuming that in wherever there is void there is ZPE, there is something, and that something have lead to the creation and to the expansion of the universe.

Like many others have stated in their answers - gods need to come from something as well, leading to an infinite regression of gods and super gods and super-ultra gods and so forth. If gods are to create themselves, how can something create itself before it exists? It’s like being a mother that is the same as the baby she gives birth to. ZPE is an exception because ZPE fluctuates in and out of existence, unlike gods which are absolute, eternal and never changing.

I still tend to believe that spirituality and supernaturality is a product of a historical human ignorance, set loose by a great lack of scientific methods. Science, even if flawed, is still the best way to explain things, based on experimentation, research, learning from past mistakes and past inaccuracies, and coherent logical methodology.

The religious people argue, is it possible for the Earth to create itself? We atheists argue, is it possible for a force (God) to create itself? There is no definite way to answer this question except using the big bang theory, it has its flaws but we all know that religion always tells you to believe without questions which is a huge flaw in itself.

Beautiful! I'm a scientist (physiologist) and I understand the flaws of science even at the lab. I want you to further your argument by explaining how the ZPE came about? Could it be that the ZPE just appeared without any cause or any force (gravitational or magnetic). The Big bang theory is it provable within the ambit of science or is it just an assumption?
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by LordReed(m): 4:46pm On May 21, 2020
Humanoid01:

Well, I'm not sure. Maybe it's because it's arguably LDVC's best painting, and it can't be duplicated. It was painted with just an oil on a wood panel. Now that's something you don't get to see everyday. So I guess it serves as an inspiration for other painters, it "speaks" to painters in a language only them can understand. Therefore, it's a LDVC's legacy which has lived and will continue to live on for ages -- that's the value it upholds.

Your point may be that he didn't do all those things because he thought of an afterlife, he did it because of his natural passion for it. He probably didn't even believe in the afterlife lol. Now my question is, would it have made any difference if he chose not to paint? I mean what value did his paintings fetch HIM in the end? He's dead right now and just dust. He doesn't even know anything about his paintings.

Yes, that is the point. You don't need an afterlife to either create something of value or accept that something has value.

Those who have been inspired by his paintings from his time up until our generation have died and will still die, so what difference would it all make if in the end they all won't give account of their lives? Going by this, everything then is just a cycle (suggesting that this world has no end). Then the inexistence of an afterlife should make me care pretty less how I live my life here.

Technically, if I knew that something wouldn't have any ultimate effect on my being, then even if it's the only thing I get to do, it doesn't make any difference whether I choose to do it or not.

You seem to be eager leap into unjustified conclusions. So what if men live and die how does that subtract from the fact that one is alive and must live? How does the cycle of life and death mean that this world has no end? You are just making non-sequiturs here.

You find my argument extremely flawed because you refuse to see things from a dimension that has the possibility to support the existence of an afterlife.

Is that what you are doing, arguing for an afterlife? Then you are going about it the wrong way.

Let me throw a general question to you: Why exactly do you value the fact that you have only one life to live?

Because I realize I will not get a second chance to live and do any of the things I missed. Mistakes take on a really frightening dimension because I won't have a second chance to live and avoid them. It puts a lot of things into a perspective that means everything has weight if I must live this life to the fullest of my capacity.
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by NumbEmotions(m): 5:02pm On May 21, 2020
ProfAmaben:

Love, anger, hate, jealousy etc are all embedded in humans, atheists are the ones making the largest donations to charity, not because they are following any holy book but because it is part of humanity. Many religious people are also wicked and mean because it's also part of humanity.

I get...all I'm trying to say is everything good humans conceive is as a result of the God nature in us....weda we are aware of this or not...weda we believe or read a Holy book or not....Peace..
Re: Young Banker Commits Suicide In Lagos (photo) by imagrg(m): 5:02pm On May 21, 2020
The power of the internet can help you to realize your dreams instead of being frustrated and wanting to take your life.

Be innovative!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Decomposing Bodies Of 3 Kidnapped University Of Port Harcourt Students (Graphic) / Eiye Cult Leader Killed In Ipaja Cultism Clash - Graphic Photos / How A Man Was Raped By 2 Women In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.