Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? (33178 Views)

“If My Husband Sexually Abuses My Child,He’ll Be Reported But Not Divorced" Lady / Man Leaves His Marriage Because His Wife Beats & Abuses Him / One Of The Reasons Why Women Endure Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Gkemz: 6:03pm On May 21, 2020
African woman believe that her success in life is tied to her marriage. Whether she endured abuse or not she will continue in the marriage because if she pulls out of it, she's considered as a failure, even her parents family will not accept her as there's no provision to accommodate her. In most African tradition, a woman doesn't share in her parents inheritance as she's expected to be the husband's responsibility.
Secondly, it's hard for a lady to be remarried after a failed marriage. If single ladies who are yet to marry are finding it difficult, how much more the divorced women with children. Except they wouldn't mind to accept the position of a second wife.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Dyt(f): 6:04pm On May 21, 2020
Hathor5:

I admire your courage to share your story on this forum of insanity. kiss kiss

cheesy cheesy grin grin
Ok i laughed out loud
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by bamgboyetaiwo: 6:07pm On May 21, 2020
ojun50:
I don dey ask this question for more than 20years
f hv xmcnncjic
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by emmaodet: 6:14pm On May 21, 2020
bukatyne:

Enjoy this:

I so love the game in this song before guys started pricing girls like meat on what'sapp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6NzwMif0fA

Slow down I just wanna get to know you
But don't turn around
'Cause that pretty round thing looks good to me
Slow down never seen anything so lovely
Now turn around
And bless me with your beauty, cutie

- Bobby Valentine.... Slow Down

This is one of my best songs. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Waooooooo
Bukky, i guess you are one of these old schools like me.
You just made me remember the good old times.
Secondary school days - miming and dancing, literary and debating society, organising bashes, break-dance etc
I love the old school rap and r&bs like slow down - bobby valentino, bum bum bum by B2K boyz with piddy, ja rule - always on time, ride with me by nelly and always thinking about is you, 50 cent, eminem, Dr. Dre, Usher - pop ya collar etc
Oooohhhh good old days not now that everything is about money, money and more money, i say more money.
It as really made sex very very cheap, infact after pure water, the next cheap thing is sexx, men don't really need to crack their brains or sweat before getting it so it as made being faithful very hard.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Lsofdk(m): 6:16pm On May 21, 2020
bukatyne:

This song I have it on repeat:
Let me be the one to enjoy you.....

Dude knew there is a certain sweetness and warmth in a woman's body kiss

Now turn around and bless me with your beauty cool

Chai!

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by DeRay98(m): 6:21pm On May 21, 2020
Is still news that women generally prefer bad boys to gentle nice boys?
That's one of the mysteries only women can answer.
Why do they love high-handed men, why cultist have even cute girlfriends, why do armed robbers have wives and or girlfriends who actually know their man is an arm-robber?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Shuggaa: 6:27pm On May 21, 2020
awoo47:
if beating enter then it's best to run ooo
why will u even accept bk..

if ure dating any guy nd na only slap... Japa to avoid stories dat touch wen u marry, although it's not a guarantee. But a man dat can slap a girl he hasn't paid bride price for will certainly turn am to slave wen he has paid d slave fees grin grin grin

Are u married?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by emmaodet: 6:31pm On May 21, 2020
Dyt:

I hope she leaves your assss someday
grin grin cheesy cheesy

Lol.
To where now? She will be losing more than me if she leaves.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by wany(f): 6:32pm On May 21, 2020
Hezmatosky:
Leaving your marriage is a dent in a woman's life. I have seen a sweet family after many years of marital violence. Think twice bfor leaving
You are sick and damage, guess your growing up was not far fetch from an abusive setting, the one you saw was lucky to stay alive,many are gone.really sad for the woman in your space. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Dyt(f): 6:33pm On May 21, 2020
emmaodet:

Lol.
To where now? She will be losing more than me if she leaves.

Self entitlements

Issssokk bruh
Do have an average evening
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by emmaodet: 6:33pm On May 21, 2020
Dyt:

Self entitlements

Issssokk bruh

Aiit sis,
See ya lera

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by fergie001: 6:35pm On May 21, 2020
Ladycewhy:

"na manage we dey manage all this men jor,na who nor talk e own come out you go think say e dey rosy, just bear my sister".

That about sums it all up.
Hahahahahahaha.......the bolded too funny
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 6:39pm On May 21, 2020
[quote author=Lsofdk post=89807756][/quote]

You are missing smiley
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by bukatyne(f): 6:40pm On May 21, 2020
Dyt:

Self entitlements

Issssokk bruh

Average evening kwa?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Dyt(f): 6:47pm On May 21, 2020
bukatyne:

Average evening kwa?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes o
Ki won de ni average one
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Toks2008(m): 6:48pm On May 21, 2020
Kaien:
This my next door neighbor, her husband is always beating her even in front of their kids. It has become a norm for her to receive beating two to three times weekly, he beats her and sometimes locks her outside with her two kids.

Most of the beating always happens when she asks him money for food, this her husband is rich always driving around with small girls in his car. When I ask her to leave, she would say no that she doesn't want her marriage to break up. I wonder what she is protecting. The type of abuses I am seeing, domestic violence is a norm, cheating is a norm.

Nigeria marriages are scary.
I am moving to a new apartment, just if my neighbor's husband ends up killing her, I don't want to be interrogated for murder.

It is either they are so freaking financially dependent on the Guy, they are stupid or they enjoy it.

I once dated a lady who told me she loves to be beaten and latter apologised to. I gave up on ladies that day.

Trust me, some ladies enjoy it.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by scoundrel(f): 6:50pm On May 21, 2020
Oh, no. It’s another creative writer. I don tire for una matter.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Hezmatosky: 6:51pm On May 21, 2020
wany:

You are sick and damage, guess your growing up was not far fetch from an abusive setting, the one you saw was lucky to stay alive,many are gone.really sad for the woman in your space. undecided
You lack manners and morals. That's why you can't find a boyfriend let alone husband
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Trutherme: 6:53pm On May 21, 2020
Kaien:
This my next door neighbor, her husband is always beating her even in front of their kids. It has become a norm for her to receive beating two to three times weekly, he beats her and sometimes locks her outside with her two kids.

Most of the beating always happens when she asks him money for food, this her husband is rich always driving around with small girls in his car. When I ask her to leave, she would say no that she doesn't want her marriage to break up. I wonder what she is protecting. The type of abuses I am seeing, domestic violence is a norm, cheating is a norm.

I am moving to a new apartment, just if my neighbor's husband ends up killing her, I don't want to be interrogated for murder.

Some women see the warning signs even before they get married but they ignore those signs. I understand you are in Naija and there's not much you can do for this woman but does moving to a new apartment in order to avoid interrogation for murder make you sleep better?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 21, 2020
Larcardii:
Endurance kee u there...u mean one should endure abuse...
Abuse is relative aunti Larcardii with a month old moniker(you should be bold enough to reply with your old moniker)

As a little girl you make mistakes and your parent say Words that Might hurt you at that moment but will go along way to make you seat up tight and be a better woman you are now....was their purpose, to rape you of happiness? NO. Happiness is relative. Eating sugar is sweet to you , it makes you happy But eating it damages your body, when it does your parent will be the one running around to fix you. You don use your happiness put them for Trouble.

No one is supporting an abusive relationship that destroy the other person
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by WeRblessed(f): 6:56pm On May 21, 2020
A woman who prepares herself with education and skills with making her own money before getting married is less likely to sit around and endure an abusive marriage than those women whose life ambitions are to get married by all means without adequately preparing themselves.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Coolcalmcollect(m): 6:57pm On May 21, 2020
Dyt:

Because I shared my abuse story?

Clearly you need a job...

Your brain still not getting it
Too big for you

Sometimes you don't choose whom you love
And I don't feel bad ever loving him
I wonder why you having to cry over what I didn't bother about
undecided undecided
keep running mouth like tap, your bf go still vooze you better beating join the one your ex do.... nonsense
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Dyt(f): 6:59pm On May 21, 2020
Coolcalmcollect:

keep running mouth like tap, your bf go still vooze you better beating join the one your ex do.... nonsense

Animal
cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by tot(f): 7:01pm On May 21, 2020
Right from Page 1, they are already derailing the post. Nairaland!

OP,
It has to be a choice she makes herself. Hopefully, she does so sooner than later.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by BadBradley: 7:01pm On May 21, 2020
J2381:
grin
all these kind people when nairaland dey produce dey tire me.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Kaien: 7:01pm On May 21, 2020
Trutherme:

Some women see the warning signs even before they get married but they ignore those signs. I understand you are in Naija and there's not much you can do for this woman but does moving to a new apartment in order to avoid interrogation for murder make you sleep better?
I think so, there is nothing I can do for her since she doesn't want to leave. I feel like I am the one abused whenever she gets beat up. I need to move for my sanity.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Ferraribaby(f): 7:27pm On May 21, 2020
eliokwun:

I want to be your friend. How can I reach you
Like seriously
But why?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by djon78(m): 7:33pm On May 21, 2020
Kaien:

Stop posting all this scaremongering news to put fear into people.
There are still Nigerian marriages doing extremely well.

All a marriage requires to be enjoyed is kindness and friendship from the couples involved.

Selfishness and self centeredness from partners breeds bad marriages. That's why couples should check there attitudes.
And when you are marrying, always look for a kind considerate partner also ensure you are same and you wont have any problems.

So stop with all this your scaremongering news to put fear in people. Marriage is still fun.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Babyg0123: 7:39pm On May 21, 2020
I wish marriage should have conditions from both parties if any defaults would pay handsomely
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Ubdavis(m): 7:46pm On May 21, 2020
Cultural and religious factors..
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by TruthHurts100: 7:55pm On May 21, 2020
Because many of them are the cause of the abuse.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Women Endure Abuses In Marriage? by Kkb1977: 8:13pm On May 21, 2020
Culture is our main problem as Nigerian culture do not protect women.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. / Check Out These Stunning Muslim Sisters / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.