Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,330 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? (28316 Views)

Can I Still Grow Taller At 21? / How To Grow Taller Faster (100% Genuine) / Is It Possible For The Vagina Not To Have Any Odour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by ImpregnaTor(m): 12:58pm On May 22, 2020
21 and 6 months old at 6ft tall, yet I'm still ridiculously obsess about my height, I usually measure it every morning, I will be taller in the morning and reduce again later in the day, I hope to climb 6ft2 before I stop
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by kiddkash(m): 12:59pm On May 22, 2020
miketayo:

Still too much for that age.

9 inches after 20 yrs
maybe It was genetically or hereditary
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by Emmyrate001(m): 1:00pm On May 22, 2020
Is your account growing? That very important. Even if you are a dwarf person go till fall for you

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by Theoarhics: 1:02pm On May 22, 2020
The only thing that can grow this period in your life is your gbola...genital , you can also add your bank account too
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by IbrahimSkiba(f): 1:03pm On May 22, 2020
The sad truth is.

You can never be taller than u are.

The best you can do, is to grow an inch..

Probably be 5.4 or 5.

I have a young brother, who is going to 17 by July and he's almost 6.2, I'm actually 5.7 and I'm below his shoulder. So it will take a miracle for u to grow taller

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by Spiff20(m): 1:03pm On May 22, 2020
Forgerrit man you're done adding inches. You stopped adding while you were 17.
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by Carloslehder: 1:03pm On May 22, 2020
You're fixed for life,that's your height for the rest of your life bruv
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by miketayo(m): 1:06pm On May 22, 2020
kiddkash:

maybe It was genetically or hereditary

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by KAM3KAZI: 1:08pm On May 22, 2020
DonroxyII:
See me dey carry weight ooo thinking e go improve me to 6ft2 from 6ft .... I learnt something new ... So I shd kukuma invest more time in Jogging niyen ..

what about press up ?

Well, bro I'm no expert but when I did my research I found out that lifting weights while standing compresses your spine making you less taller than you already are. I remember when I was trying to get my vertical up,I did a lot of exercises that involved carrying weights, my vertical did increase but I noticed that I lost like 2 inches of height,so I stopped doing it.
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by slaypapa: 1:10pm On May 22, 2020
Timagex:
Hmmmm. Height!!

Some years ago, I asked my mom for the reason of my shortness. She told me that I did not pay "owo idagba soke". (Money for tall height). She assured me that I'll grow taller when I pay. grin That was how I saved part of my lunch time money in school. cheesy I gave her the money with all seriousness and she promised to take it to where my height will be adjusted. I was so happy. cool cheesy. I became confused when she used my money to buy dried fish for soup! shocked I was so angry. sad She later told dad about it and I became a laughing stock!!! cry Anytime I remember it, I will just smile. wink

Even when I started driving, police will stop me and ask..."How old are you"? "Kekere, you dey see front so? grin
grin
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by ijedeikorodu(m): 1:20pm On May 22, 2020
It is in your DNA not to grow taller, maybe you can add few inches through plastic surgery.
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by Malawian(m): 1:23pm On May 22, 2020
Thazard:
This is a question that many have asked yet got no answer. So, I'm asking again.

I'm 5'3 inches tall at 20 years 5 months and I would like to be at least 6 feet tall. Is that possible at all?

Doctors and Nurses please reply. Also if you grew tall after 20, you can share your experience, diet etc
I think it has to do with your genes
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by Munzy14(m): 1:23pm On May 22, 2020
Timagex:
Hmmmm. Height!!

Some years ago, I asked my mom for the reason of my shortness. She told me that I did not pay "owo idagba soke". (Money for tall height). She assured me that I'll grow taller when I pay. grin That was how I saved part of my lunch time money in school. cheesy I gave her the money with all seriousness and she promised to take it to where my height will be adjusted. I was so happy. cool cheesy. I became confused when she used my money to buy dried fish for soup! shocked I was so angry. sad She later told dad about it and I became a laughing stock!!! cry Anytime I remember it, I will just smile. wink

Even when I started driving, police will stop me and ask..."How old are you"? "Kekere, you dey see front so? grin
got me cracking....kekere

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 22, 2020
Timagex:
Hmmmm. Height!!

Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 22, 2020
Thazard:
This is a question that many have asked yet got no answer. So, I'm asking again.

I'm 5'3 inches tall at 20 years 5 months and I would like to be at least 6 feet tall. Is that possible at all?

Doctors and Nurses please reply. Also if you grew tall after 20, you can share your experience, diet etc
Problem with u kids is that ur too even lazy to help urselves. I started playing basketball around js3/ss1 around 13/14 years old. I noticed i wasn't the shortest on the court but as time went by and i grew older i realised i had to be taller to have an edge over short n average height guys. There was no internet then, no google or YouTube to do my research on. So i was left with books and scientific studies. Its funny because i wasn't a science student but i had to dig into all my dad's encyclopedia on human anatomy, growth, how all the glands function. Sometimes i luckily stumble on some exercise while watching basketball program on that old big satellite dish that looks like a giant's plate. Op there are things u can do to grow taller. Hormones, genes and nutrition determine a persons height but with information u may be able to fight and win. Exercise, the right nutrients, hormones etc.. The internet is ur friend Op use it. Ojuju nor dey there undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by Munzy14(m): 1:28pm On May 22, 2020
Thazard:

The shortest of my siblings is 6ft....The rest of us are 6ft plus...The secret,we Had lots of protein growing up.
Beans, fish, meat etc....
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 22, 2020
miketayo:

Agreed, but if u have said u were 4'9 at 14 and 6'9 at 19 it would have be alot easier to believe.
But after 20 years it's not possible unless it's an ailment
It is possible
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by solomorinho(m): 1:32pm On May 22, 2020
Aki na pawpaw, akinnapawmpawm 5x..pe poo pop pop people zlatan dey laugh u grin grin grin [/color] no let thinking kee u
[color=#006600]
life is good tongue cool
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by DonroxyII: 1:32pm On May 22, 2020
KAM3KAZI:

Well, bro I'm no expert but when I did my research I found out that lifting weights while standing compresses your spine making you less taller than you already are. I remember when I was trying to get my vertical up,I did a lot of exercises that involved carrying weights, my vertical did increase but I noticed that I lost like 2 inches of height,so I stopped doing it.
I used to hear that one can not lose height oo , until I saw my self being chubby and from 6ft back to 5ft10 declining to 5ft9 .... I casted my village people and redraw my activities , also consumed more protein and this Fasting has helped me burnt more calories too ... Nigga just straight up back ....

I usually lift weight while standing though .... But I think it is normal to lose horizontal when you tryna build vertical grin ... You should have combined the two in your routines ...
Any way, I will subject your assertion on lifting while standing to further research !

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by alfredilly: 1:33pm On May 22, 2020
You can grow taller at any age. I got admitted to university at 27 and I graduated at 34. I would have been an object of mockery by peer for being a grandpa at school but for my relatively smallish look. Though I can't be regarded as short, I wasn't really envious of my height in general as at then and I would have love to add some inches. I think I did. How? Most of my classmate in year one were teenagers in growth spurt. Though some markedly showed increased height during the years, a lot never outgrow me as at graduation. The height difference between us remain consistent through the year. In fact, my friend Debo appeared shorter as at graduation, meaning I must have outgrew him over the years.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by oka4mt: 1:36pm On May 22, 2020
from experience, it's possible.
i was 5.8 at 21 but now i am 6.05 at 24, i am quite conscious of my height.
believe me when i say, my mind had a part to play in this.
when u put your mind to it, go on growth diet, exercise and stretch first thing in the morning, u might just add some inches.
hope u attain the height you desire though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by frozen70(f): 1:37pm On May 22, 2020
Thazard:

Your gene will determine that for you

If you ha e average parent or it runs average height in your family

Where do you want to get 6ft
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by KLand(m): 1:37pm On May 22, 2020
This morning I stumbled on my matriculation picture that was taken when I was 20 years old. I wasn't so sure what my height measurement was then. But looking at my height presently, I definitely appear taller than I was back then.

So to answer your question directly, it's possible to still grow after 20, but only a few inches might be added. You may want to take a look at your parents to have an idea about how tall you might expect to be.

In any case, whether tall or short, you are uniquely made by God for a purpose. Let not your height be a source of sorrow for you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 22, 2020
Sorry no hopes. If it didn't happen till you passed 19, resign to fate.
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 22, 2020
Emmyrate001:
Is your account growing? That very important. Even if you are a dwarf person go till fall for you

That's not what the op asked you?
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by alfredilly: 1:42pm On May 22, 2020
Timagex:
Hmmmm. Height!!

Owo idagba soke (development fee). We use to pay this in primary school in those days, and out teacher will make mockery of short one saying they don't pay "Owo idagba soke"
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by ifada123: 1:46pm On May 22, 2020
kikero:

The answer is no. You won't grow any taller than your current height.

As someone has put it upthread, the part at the end of your long bones called the epiphysis, where most of your growing goes on during puberty has fused completely.

Also, height is wired into your genetic code, as well as nutrition to some extent. No one factor controls for height.

If you have the money though, your best hope is limb lenghtening surgery. (Used to increase height in people with a genetic predisposition to being short). This article gives more information.

But don't let your short height hold you back though. Life is life.

It is possible I was 5.6 at 20 today I am 6.1
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 22, 2020
Timagex:
Hmmmm. Height!!

Lol.. Eeiiiiyaaa your mum played a smart one on you. grin
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by 21cents: 1:50pm On May 22, 2020
I don't know Sha.. I was 5"11 @19 and still measured 5"11 recently. so I guess no.
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 22, 2020
Munzy14:

The shortest of my siblings is 6ft....The rest of us are 6ft plus...The secret,we Had lots of protein growing up.
Beans, fish, meat etc....

Its already too late for all that. If he did while growing up, it surely would have helped. He has stopped growing with his current age.
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by HumanityOne: 1:53pm On May 22, 2020
It is possible to grow taller at age 20 it is after 35 that the possibility of growing taller is not possible...

I'd like you search for the details about the drugs that help boost height from teenage to 30+....

MooreGrowth IGF-1 120 Cap (Growth Factor) ₦ 13,000

Growth Factor-9 , 120 Capsules (Naturally Boost Your HGH Levels Up To 682%) ₦ 20,000

Peak Height Grow Taller Supplement (90 Capsules) ₦ 29,980

I'm not sure about the price anymore...

Search the price online from Jiji or Jumia or konga... Or Aliexpress or Amazon.

Note: search for details about each of this drugs!! And search for age bracket for each drug also!!
Re: Is It Possible To Grow Taller At 20? by KAM3KAZI: 1:59pm On May 22, 2020
DonroxyII:
I used to hear that one can not lose height oo , until I saw my self being chubby and from 6ft back to 5ft10 declining to 5ft9 .... I casted my village people and redraw my activities , also consumed more protein and this Fasting has helped me burnt more calories too ... Nigga just straight up back ....

I usually lift weight while standing though .... But I think it is normal to lose horizontal when you tryna build vertical grin ... You should have combined the two in your routines ...
Any way, I will subject your assertion on lifting while standing to further research !

Okay bro, mind you when I said vertical I meant vertical jump for dunking while playing basketball

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Chicken Pecks Buyer To Coma In Asaba / COVID-19 Update For September 16 2020 In Nigeria - (2609 Tested) / Delta Polytechnic Student Rescued After Attempting Suicide By Jumping Into River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.