Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? (3435 Views)

Proponents Of First Fruit Offering Should Explain This Portion Of The Bible / So All The Proponents Of Tithe Cannot Answer This Simple Question / Wikipedia Co-founder Calls It's Entry On Intelligent Design Appallingly Biased (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by IamMichael(m): 9:54am On May 26, 2020
gensteejay:

Common sense isn't that common. Shallow mindset.

And for your info, I'm not a religionist.
Of course you are a religionist.

Only religious people believe in the afterlife, something you have already said you believe.

@bolded, common sense is the art of using your brain (for simplicity purpose.)
Apparently, you have left Christianity, but somehow you are still here trying to find meaning where there is none.

Why not use own common sense, and follow the advice you are giving me yourself.

1 Like

Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by Nobody: 10:03am On May 26, 2020
IamMichael:

Of course you are a religionist.

Only religious people believe in the afterlife, something you have already said you believe.

@bolded, common sense is the art of using your brain (for simplicity purpose.)
Apparently, you have left Christianity, but somehow you are still here trying to find meaning where there is none.

Why not use own common sense, and follow the advice you are giving me yourself.

What's my religion? Say it with a proof and expose your ignorance.

To even think that I have anything to do with Christianity shows that you've no idea about what what you're saying.

When a person has no purpose in life and sees no point in existence, it's such shallow people that engage in mass shootings and commit other atrocities like some terrorists do.

Leading a life of no purpose is no life; that makes you even worse than slaves that worship early beings (gods and goddesses) of religions.
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by IamMichael(m): 10:05am On May 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

So that in future men can exploit the stability of some elements and also exploit the instability of some elements to achieve good or bad! LOL!

No one can know why God did that in creation. I am still baffled by the kind of force that could from nothing assemble the positive protons diluted with neural neutrons and then bath them in a cloud of spinning and revolving electrons.

But on a serious note, it takes some massive external energy to make inherently unstable elements. That's why unstable elements will always decay to simpler more stable elements. It is easier for stable elements to be formed than unstable elements at the same time, the unstable elements break down into simpler/lighter but more stable element and energy is released . What is the source of these elergy that end up being released?

It's not rocket science.

Once the right conditions for a thing sets, that thing start's existing.

Does it rain in space? No, because there is no conditions that can facilitate raining in space.

Does a woman get pregnant on her own? No, because nature gave the other components to another.

How does weed grow in a farm despite everything to keep it away? Because the right conditions for it to grow exists there.

How does weed grow on a wall? Because the right conditions has existed for it to grow there.

How does fuel form? Because the right conditions exist for it to form.

Why does it rain on earth? Because the right conditions exists for it to rain on earth.

Why does it rain diamonds on Jupiter? Because the right conditions exists for it to do so.

None of this things happened overnight, they took years to happen.
When you plant a seed, it takes the right conditions for them to germinate. If those conditions are not met, nothing will happen!

You guys just cannot accept the simple truth, always asserting things you cannot prove.
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by Nobody: 10:06am On May 26, 2020
IamMichael:

You did not even answer the questions in the post you quoted.

I'm sure after answering them, you would have answered your own question.
I have no time to waste on a purposeless person. Good luck with your nihilistic ideals i.e. leading a useless, purposeless life.

Some things even sound so unreasonable a right-thinking person should look at them with disdain.

1 Like

Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by IamMichael(m): 10:13am On May 26, 2020
gensteejay:

Just teach your kids all this nonsense, and tell them to lead a life without any purpose, in other words, be useless.

You just need to practise what you preach in real life, and see how the life of a useless person turns out.

Got better things to do.
You lack the capacity to argue reasonably obviously.
The truth is bitter, you can't counter it so you resort to debasing yourself... like every other religionist.

That you decided to find something worthwhile doing while still riding your flesh does not change the ultimate fact that life is meaningless.

Everyone is simply living to die.
It's not my business if you decide to live life joyriding on fantasies and make beliefs. But, it is my business to tell you the truth.
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by shadeyinka(m): 10:14am On May 26, 2020
IamMichael:

It's not rocket science.

Once the right conditions for a thing sets, that thing start's existing.

Does it rain in space? No, because there is no conditions that can facilitate raining in space.

Does a woman get pregnant on her own? No, because nature gave the other components to another.

How does weed grow in a farm despite everything to keep it away? Because the right conditions for it to grow exists there.

How does weed grow on a wall? Because the right conditions has existed for it to grow there.

How does fuel form? Because the right conditions exist for it to form.

Why does it rain on earth? Because the right conditions exists for it to rain on earth.

Why does it rain diamonds on Jupiter? Because the right conditions exists for it to do so.

None of this things happened overnight, they took years to happen.
When you plant a seed, it takes the right conditions for them to germinate. If those conditions are not met, nothing will happen!

You guys just cannot accept the simple truth, always asserting things you cannot prove.
Unfortunately, you have to jump far into the future after all the fundermental particles have been formed and after all the elements have been created and the physical laws have been established to begin to argue how cement and steel assembled themselves into a functional skyscraper.

In the beginning according to science, there was NOTHING!
Somehow, "the nothing " suddenly snowballed into generating fundermental particles like electron, neutron, protons and several subparticles. These suddenly started self "assemblying" according to some certain rules to form Hydrogen, Helium, Lithium , Beryllium etc and at a point the sizes where getting too high for the elements to remain stable.

So, the issue is not how the elements reacted together to form compounds BUT how from NOTHING, fundermental particles came out!

What right conditions will make nothing to become something?
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by IamMichael(m): 10:19am On May 26, 2020
gensteejay:

What's my religion? Say it with a proof and expose your ignorance.

To even think that I have anything to do with Christianity shows that you've no idea about what what you're saying.

When a person has no purpose in life and sees no point in existence, it's such shallow people that engage in mass shootings and commit other atrocities like some terrorists do.

Leading a life of no purpose is no life; that makes you even worse than slaves that worship early beings (gods and goddesses) of religions.
You are a religionist! No straw grabbing for you, and no escape. You already talked about your belief in the afterlife.

By the way, you need to start understanding simple grammar. I'm talking about life, I'm not talking about humans... Humans are not the only being with life on earth!

Stop being shallow minded, that's why you never see the whole picture!
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by IamMichael(m): 10:26am On May 26, 2020
gensteejay:

I have no time to waste on a purposeless person. Good luck with your nihilistic ideas i.e. leading a useless, purposeless life.

Some things even sound so unreasonable a right-thinking person should look at them with disdain.

Says the person who believes in the afterlife... and who also says he is not a religionist.

You should really give yourself that advice. Your bubble has been bursted today, now you are running like a scared dog with tails behind its hinds!!!

Try and be reasonable...Stop using your brain to assimilate junks which is obviously destroying your life. Heed the advice on the signature of your moniker!!!

Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by IamMichael(m): 10:30am On May 26, 2020
@LordReed, sorry i invaded your thread.
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by IamMichael(m): 10:44am On May 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

Unfortunately, you have to jump far into the future after all the fundermental particles have been formed and after all the elements have been created and the physical laws have been established to begin to argue how cement and steel assembled themselves into a functional skyscraper.

In the beginning according to science, there was NOTHING!
Somehow, "the nothing " suddenly snowballed into generating fundermental particles like electron, neutron, protons and several subparticles. These suddenly started self "assemblying" according to some certain rules to form Hydrogen, Helium, Lithium , Beryllium etc and at a point the sizes where getting too high for the elements to remain stable.

So, the issue is not how the elements reacted together to form compounds BUT how from NOTHING, fundermental particles came out!

What right conditions will make nothing to become something?
It's "Fundamental" not fundermental.

As to your question, you always have this habit of stating as fact, what science didn't say. Science never said in the beginning, there was nothing. We have had this argument before. This is what science said below:

The Big Bang theory is a cosmological model of the observable universe from the earliest known periods through its subsequent large-scale evolution.[1][2][3] The model describes how the universe expanded from an initial state of very high density and high temperature,[4] and offers a comprehensive explanation for a broad range of observed phenomena, including the abundance of light elements, the cosmic microwave background (CMB) radiation, large-scale structure, and Hubble's law – the farther away galaxies are, the faster they are moving away from Earth. If the observed conditions are extrapolated backwards in time using the known laws of physics, the prediction is that just before a period of very high density there was a singularity. Current knowledge is insufficient to determine if anything existed prior to the singularity.

The next thing now, you jump to Singularity and start claiming that Singularity is the Unknown Cause...then you say the Unknown Cause is God! If i ask you now where then did this God come from, you tell me he created himself. When i ask you that that means that he came out of nothing, you start running around.
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by shadeyinka(m): 11:09am On May 26, 2020
IamMichael:

It's "Fundamental" not fundermental.

As to your question, you always have this habit of stating as fact, what science didn't say. Science never said in the beginning, there was nothing. We have had this argument before. This is what science said below:

The next thing now, you jump to Singularity and start claiming that Singularity is the Unknown Cause...then you say the Unknown Cause is God! If i ask you now where then did this God come from, you tell me he created himself. When i ask you that that means that he came out of nothing, you start running around.
I believe you've not read this about the supposed Quantum Fluctuations preceding the singleton.

Hear one of your apostles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwzbU0bGOdc

See how you jump to big bang which occured a mere 13.8 billion years ago!?

1. In the beginning, (let's start from 200billion years ago) before the big bang the singleton was a constant THEN there wouldn't be any Inflation or big-bang.

2. In the beginning, (let's start from 200billion years ago) before the big bang the singleton was a unstable THEN Inflation or big-bang should have occured much earlier!

How was the universe trillions of years before the big bang?
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by LordReed(m): 11:11am On May 26, 2020
CHARLOE:

You're even more ridiculous, assuming monopoly of knowledge, rigid in Ur thoughts! Believe what u wish bro, it's a free world. I've learnt alot from atheists on nl, they helped me in attaining a paradigm shift concerning religion. But I'm a truth seeker, I question everything, not ashamed to accept error of belief or accepting d truth when confronted with it. In a million yrs, a car cannot be made randomly by nature, with all its functionalities. D fact it breaks down from time to time n requires repairs/services is no proof it had no manufacturer/designer. Some cars even roll out of d assembly plant with factory defects, would u then say they had no maker cos of that? d cars just happened randomly over time?

You are just a dunce. If I assumed monopoly of knowledge would I ask a question? You are just a ridiculous dunce.
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by LordReed(m): 11:12am On May 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

No one can know why God did that in creation.

This is the most honest answer.
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by LordReed(m): 11:12am On May 26, 2020
IamMichael:
@LordReed, sorry i invaded your thread.

No p.
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by Nobody: 11:14am On May 26, 2020
No time to engage a fool that feels gensteejay has anything to do with Christianity. It shows you've zero idea about me in the first place.

You can type any trash you want; you're merely demonstrating your ignorance.

Good luck with your living without a purpose (nihilism). The day is still young, and now is work time. Not wasting time debating tripe on Nairaland in the morning.

Hope you get paid for winning arguments on Nairaland; well, life has no purpose to you any way, so you can afford to whirl away time on Nairaland.

Some of us can't. So, no point in engaging you in meaningless back-and-forth in the morning to win an argument that adds nothing to my account.

1 Like

Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by IamMichael(m): 11:53am On May 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

I believe you've not read this about the supposed Quantum Fluctuations preceding the singleton.

Hear one of your apostles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwzbU0bGOdc

See how you jump to big bang which occured a mere 13.8 billion years ago!?

1. In the beginning, (let's start from 200billion years ago) before the big bang the singleton was a constant THEN there wouldn't be any Inflation or big-bang.

2. In the beginning, (let's start from 200billion years ago) before the big bang the singleton was a unstable THEN Inflation or big-bang should have occured much earlier!

How was the universe trillions of years before the big bang?

I already shown you how this discuss will go with you, no matter the disguise you twist your posts. It is baseless, a fundamentally pointless argument with no basis whatsoever.

Your argument will always beg the Question, "Who created the creator?"
Something i know you cannot answer or resort to infinite regression is impossible.

By the way, the Physcist you are quoting for me made nonsense of religion in the book you are referring to (which necessitated the lecture on YouTube.)
Have you even read the book? I doubt. Incase you decide to, it's free on PDFDRIVE.

Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by shadeyinka(m): 2:08pm On May 26, 2020
LordReed:

This is the most honest answer.
But the question isn't as honest. The poster seem to understand why God made the stable elements
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by shadeyinka(m): 2:12pm On May 26, 2020
IamMichael:

I already shown you how this discuss will go with you, no matter the disguise you twist your posts. It is baseless, a fundamentally pointless argument with no basis whatsoever.

Your argument will always beg the Question, "Who created the creator?"
Something i know you cannot answer or resort to infinite regression is impossible.

By the way, the Physcist you are quoting for me made nonsense of religion in the book you are referring to (which necessitated the lecture on YouTube.)
Have you even read the book? I doubt. Incase you decide to, it's free on PDFDRIVE.

Note:
I didn't invent the notion that the universe spang up from nothing. Some of your apostles did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h43G83o5kc

2. I've always said that an infinite regression of Cause and Effect is impossible with respect to creation.

Hence the Uncaused First-Cause will always be there to stare you at the face.
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by IamMichael(m): 3:10pm On May 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

Note:
I didn't invent the notion that the universe spang up from nothing. Some of your apostles did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h43G83o5kc

2. I've always said that an infinite regression of Cause and Effect is impossible with respect to creation.

Hence the Uncaused First-Cause will always be there to stare you at the face.
Lol... Can you remember the hypothetical question i asked you?

Remember i asked you that if you believe that God is the Uncaused First Cause, why do you dismiss the notion that the Universe itself is an Uncaused First Cause of itself?
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by LordReed(m): 3:14pm On May 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

But the question isn't as honest. The poster seem to understand why God made the stable elements
`

That's your business, I asked the question because I don't know what you guys think. If you feel that's not honest, I don't give 2 rat bleeps.
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by CHARLOE(m): 3:39pm On May 26, 2020
LordReed:

You are just a dunce. If I assumed monopoly of knowledge would I ask a question? You are just a ridiculous dunce.
And you're a compound fool! Idiot, you're not interested in any answer cos ur mind is set, go n look for ignorant religious zombies to play with. Been an atheist does not make u in any way smarter than others.
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by LordReed(m): 4:35pm On May 26, 2020
CHARLOE:

And you're a compound fool! Idiot, you're not interested in any answer cos ur mind is set, go n look for ignorant religious zombies to play with. Been an atheist does not make u in any way smarter than others.

Your inferiority complex is shining through you dummy. Where have I claimed to be smarter because I am atheist? See how much of a bumbling ridiculous nincompoop you make yourself?
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by onlyfacts: 5:02pm On May 26, 2020
IamMichael:

As perfect as your body is, simple cold, flu keeps you down, gets you shivering like an epileptic and running high on fever.

I don't even want to mention the bigger diseases and viruses and bacterias that will just fück you up with no human help(medicine/science).

Surely, your perfect designer also designed all this diseases to kill you, but yet never gave you the best body to fight them off... i mean, no matter how good your immune system is, there is always one sickness stronger than it right?

It's not my fault you didn't follow through with where the conversation started from, but rather you came in at a later stage to comment.

The previous commentator stressed that the "human body design is flawed", referring to how it is "structurally fabricated" as flawed, saying a human designer could have done a better "job" in designer a better body, which isn't true!

So the argument with him is in the "design". Seeing he could not find a flaw in human design he then brought up diseases that may affect the body as a proof of a flaw. I pointed out to him that in a production plant, defective products are not used as gold standard in examining the products rather it is that which is in a good working condition.

Now to the fact that a human body can be affected by diseases, it's an anomaly caused by various factors. Humanistic factors includes: Poor or unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, harmful and damaging habits(excessive smoking, drinking, drug abuse etc). This are self destructive behaviours that go against how the body is supposed to be used and maintained.

Intrinsic factor: Aging is yet another factor that causes our bodies to wear and tear. Scientist believe our bodies have the ability to live forever, all the information needed for the renewal of the cells are stored in the genes, but as we grow older "somethings" snaps in our genes and causes them to stop playing their roles and we slowly but surely start to age. Aging is abnormal based on the abilities of our genes and this has been the reason behind many scientific studies.

God's design of the body is a work of art but he tells us that because of "sin", the human body lost its perfection. Due to that lost perfection of the body aging occurs which causes wear and tear of it.
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by onlyfacts: 5:21pm On May 26, 2020
IamMichael:

Humans evolved... I'm sure when you see your ancestors from 1,000,000yrs ago, you will shudder!

Dogs, cows, goat, sheep, chicken, etc were all domesticated... Do you think they always looked that way?
Fruits like Apple, Banana(not a fruit as they say), maize and a whole lot of other edible things have been genetically modified by humans over time to look the way they are now and carry more nutrients. Do you think they all looked this way in the past?

Do you think white people were all white in the past? The latest discovery of the Cheddar Man proves they were not.

You guys should really expand your knowledge by reading. Only ignorance makes people continue to believe in silly things, despite evidence saying otherwise!

Evolution is a theory that cannot be scientifically proven, although it is paraded as science, it is actually pseudoscience.

Too many missing links in the evolutionary tree. Falsified missing links inclusive. Fossil remains that doesnt show structural resemblance in sizes are often published as vital missing links in the evolutionary tree, amongst others.

Lastly mathematical models does not support evolution. The probability that life came from outer space into the chaotic prehistoric harsh earth environment in the form of microorganisms or vital molecules necessary to form DNA and life are astronomically slim, the odds are seemly impossible. And to believe the odds still favoured the diversification of all life forms into their male and female kinds even if it's trillions of years ago is still mathematically an impossible odd. It is less than one chance out of a billion trillion, the chance that a 200-component organism could be formed by mutation and natural selection is less than one chance out of a trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion!

My head hurt just think about the numbers!
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by IamMichael(m): 5:35pm On May 26, 2020
onlyfacts:

It's not my fault you didn't follow through with where the conversation started from, but rather you came in at a later stage to comment.

The previous commentator stressed that the "human body design is flawed", referring to how it is "structurally fabricated" as flawed, saying a human designer could have done a better "job" in designer a better body, which isn't true!

So the argument with him is in the "design". Seeing he could not find a flaw in human design he then brought up diseases that may affect the body as a proof of a flaw. I pointed out to him that in a production plant, defective products are not used as gold standard in examining the products rather it is that which is in a good working condition.

Now to the fact that a human body can be affected by diseases, it's an anomaly caused by various factors. Humanistic factors includes: Poor or unhealthy diet, lack of exercise, harmful and damaging habits(excessive smoking, drinking, drug abuse etc). This are self destructive behaviours that go against how the body is supposed to be used and maintained.

Intrinsic factor: Aging is yet another factor that causes our bodies to wear and tear. Scientist believe our bodies have the ability to live forever, all the information needed for the renewal of the cells are stored in the genes, but as we grow older "somethings" snaps in our genes and causes them to stop playing their roles and we slowly but surely start to age. Aging is abnormal based on the abilities of our genes and this has been the reason behind many scientific studies.

God's design of the body is a work of art but he tells us that because of "sin", the human body lost its perfection. Due to that lost perfection of the body aging occurs which causes wear and tear of it.

Read this excerpt below:

AGING TYPES, CAUSES, AND PREVENTION
By 
Mark Stibich, PhD 

Medically reviewed by 
Isaac O. Opole, MD, PhD 

Updated on January 16, 2020

Aging: it's something we all do but understand very little about. Sure, it's easy to make a list of all the changes that come with age — memory loss, wrinkles, muscle loss — but no one really understands what aging is, why it happens and how to stop it.

What Is Aging?

Think of aging as "that which happens to our bodies over time." This definition encompasses all of the aging the human body goes through, as opposed to the signs of aging that occur later in life, like gray hair and wrinkles.

Some aging is caused by the body. Think kids growing and teenagers going through puberty. Other aging accumulates over time, like skin damage caused by sun exposure. As a result, aging is a combination of bodily changes and the impact of how we take care of ourselves.

In other words, aging is the impact of time on the human body, and it occurs on multiple levels:

Cellular aging. Cells age based on the number of times they have replicated. A cell can replicate about 50 times before the genetic material is no longer able to be copied accurately, which is due to shortened telomeres. The more damage done to cells by free radicals and other factors, the more cells need to replicate.

Hormonal aging. Hormones play a huge factor in aging, especially during childhood growth and adolescent maturity. Hormone levels fluctuate through life. Puberty brings acne and larger pores. As we get older, hormonal changes lead to dry skin and menopause.

Accumulated damage. Accumulated damage is all external. Exposure to toxins, the sun, harmful foods, pollution, and smoke take a toll on the body. Over time, these external factors can lead to tissue damage and the body falls behind in its ability to maintain and repair cells, tissues, and organs.

Metabolic aging. As you go about your day, your cells are constantly turning food into energy, which produces byproducts that can be harmful. The process of metabolizing and creating energy results in damage to the body over time. Some believe that slowing down the metabolic process through practices such as calorie restriction may slow aging in humans.

Aging Doesn't Discriminate

Our age-obsessed culture is completely consumed with slowing down aging and increasing longevity, but growing old is 100 percent unavoidable. The aging process doesn't discriminate. It starts early and it affects every major organ in the body.

For example, around the time a person is 20 years old, lung tissue loses its elasticity, the muscles around the rib cage begin to deteriorate and lung function, that is, the amount of air that can be inhaled, decreases.1 Production of digestive enzymes slows down, which affects how nutrients are absorbed into the body.

Fatty deposits build up in the blood vessels in the heart, and the vessels start to lose flexibility, resulting in atherosclerosis, or the hardening of the arteries.2 In women, vaginal fluid production decreases and sexual tissues atrophy. For men, the prostate can become enlarged and sperm production decreases.

Slowing Down Aging

As previously mentioned: aging can't be avoided. That being said, there are several measures you can take regardless of your age that can turn back your biological clock and help you live longer:3

Eat well. Within the past few decades, processed foods have become an increasingly larger part of our diets. Added sugar, salt, and fat are all wreaking havoc on our bodies, leading to a multitude of serious health issues, including cardiovascular disease and hypertension. Do yourself a favor and eat well. As a general rule of thumb, if you have to open it to eat it, you shouldn't be eating it. Read labels. Cut out sugary drinks and white starches, and incorporate more fruits, vegetables, fiber, and lean proteins.

Don't smoke. If you're a smoker, you've likely struggled with quitting, but don't give up. Quitting smoking improves circulation and blood pressure, and drastically reduces your risk of developing cancer.

Exercise. You might not be meeting the recommended 30 minutes of activity a day, 5 days a week, but the good news is that even just 15 minutes of moderate activity a day can improve longevity. Walk the dog, ride a bike or take a fitness class. Any activity is better than none at all.

Socialize. Socialization keeps us young and does wonders for longevity. Maintain good, healthy relationships with others. Stay connected to the ones you love and make it a point to meet new people.

Get sleep. Ignore the saying "you'll sleep when you're dead." You need sleep, regardless of the relationship you have with it. Get a good night of sleep every night and you'll reduce your risk of heart disease and lower your stress levels.

Don't stress. Stress, anger and holding onto grudges can be very damaging. If you work to reduce your stress levels now, you'll thank yourself later. Incorporate meditation or journaling into your day-to-day and give yourself a break.

From the above excerpt, it's clear that aging is normal, and that it must catch up with you whether you eat healthy or not.

Human body didn't lose perfection because it sinned, because human body was not perfect to begin with.
There is only so much detoxification your liver can do before it tires itself. There is only so much the eyes can do before it succumbs to environmental degradation over time.
All the parts in your body is designed to follow the rules of wear and tear over time. The human body can only last as much as the type of rest and what you feed it, to continue to burn it's fuel. At a point, it breaks down.

If the human body is as perfect as you thought:
- then wear and tear should never affect it.
- Invasive organisms and diseases shouldnt be able to harm a person. Also
- There will be no need to sleep to rest your body. - It should not need food to sustain itself.
- If the body of Adam and Eve were so perfectly made, what else did they need organic food for? ( The bible said they were placed in the garden of Eden with varieties of edibles.) This again lends credence to the fact that the body is not perfect, and evolved to seek out what it needs for survival over time.
You can imagine the number of wild poisonous foods that has been consumed by the early people before most of the none-dangerous ones were found. Most of this none-dangerous ones have also been scientifically modified over time to provide specific nutrients to our body.

So, no, the body wasn't perfectly made!!!

Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by chidera39(m): 5:47pm On May 26, 2020
gensteejay:

For this sort of topics, it's good you read the book of universal history OtemAtum is compiling and critique it.

You can get the PDF version. Many key parts of the book have been hidden by mods on the thread.

Though some people may feel otherwise, that book is 100 times greater, more reasonable, and complete than any religious book of today or modern historical literature.

And that's not an exaggeration since I have read Qur'an from the front cover to the back many times as a former Muslim and know the Bible quite well.

I am also familiar with other religious texts.

So, I can make a fair comparison.

The book is an essential piece of literature to read and critique to learn of the origin of God, gods and goddesses, along with many philosophies and concepts in religions today and in history.

If some people base their atheistic notion on merely what they read in the Bible and Qur'an without reading a piece of literature like that book, they're only working with half knowledge/information on these issues.

The book has fuller stories of the gods and goddesses of religions and their prophets as many essential things about these entities are not in the Bible and Qur'an.

When I read the book in 2018, it took me a year to finish it as I was reading it piece by piece some days in the week due to my busy schedule. It's really worth checking out and critiquing.

I also studied the Seriot language Otem says he got most of the revelations in and can confirm it's a real language. And it's quite marvelous.

I consider the literature as an essential book of history, where one can learn many life's mysteries.

The book is seminal, and other great ones are "The Code to the Matrix" by Sevan Bomer and "A Brief History of Human Kind, Sapiens" by Yuval Noah.

How can one get this books ?
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by onlyfacts: 5:48pm On May 26, 2020
IamMichael:

Read this excerpt below:

From the above excerpt, it's clear that aging is normal, and that it must catch up with you whether you eat healthy or not.

Human body didn't lose perfection because it sinned, because human body was not perfect to begin with.
There is only so much detoxification your liver can do before it tires itself. There is only so much the eyes can do before it succumbs to environmental degradation over time.
All the parts in your body is designed to follow the rules of wear and tear over time. The human body can only last as much as the type of rest and what you feed it, to continue to burn it's fuel. At a point, it breaks down.

If the human body is as perfect as you thought:
- then wear and tear should never affect it.
- Invasive organisms and diseases shouldnt be able to harm a person. Also
- There will be no need to sleep to rest your body. - It should not need food to sustain itself.
- If the body of Adam and Eve were so perfectly made, what else did they need organic food for? ( The bible said they were placed in the garden of Eden with varieties of edibles.) This again lends credence to the fact that the body is not perfect, and evolved to seek out what it needs for survival over time.
You can imagine the number of wild poisonous foods that has been consumed by the early people before most of the none-dangerous ones were found. Most of this none-dangerous ones have also been scientifically modified over time to provide specific nutrients to our body.

So, no, the body wasn't perfectly made!!!

"There is no scientific reason, however, to think that aging cannot be cured (reviewed in de Magalhaes, 2014a). After all, curing aging does not violate any law of physics".https://www.senescence.info/aging_cure.html

"All around the world, scientists are trying to beat the most debilitating condition known to humans: aging". https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20181211-how-science-and-medicine-could-cure-ageing

"Age reversal technology will be a reality soon. Our bodies will be kept biologically younger for longer, regardless of our chronological age."
https://atlasbiomed.com/blog/ageing-can-you-reverse-it/amp/

The above sources show that aging isn't "normal" to many people of science and a reversal is being pursued! But a reversal will be useless if they all agree that the human body is fundamentally flawed or does not have the "capacity to live forever". But they know the body has that capacity and they are willing to push it to its limit!
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by IamMichael(m): 5:54pm On May 26, 2020
onlyfacts:

Evolution is a theory that cannot be scientifically proven, although it is paraded as science, it is actually pseudoscience.

Too many missing links in the evolutionary tree. Falsified missing links inclusive. Fossil remains that doesnt show structural resemblance in sizes are often published as vital missing links in the evolutionary tree, amongst others.

Lastly mathematical models does not support evolution. The probability that life came from outer space into the chaotic prehistoric harsh earth environment in the form of microorganisms or vital molecules necessary to form DNA and life are astronomically slim, the odds are seemly impossible. And to believe the odds still favoured the diversification of all life forms into their male and female kinds even if it's trillions of years ago is still mathematically an impossible odd. It is less than one chance out of a billion trillion, the chance that a 200-component organism could be formed by mutation and natural selection is less than one chance out of a trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion!

My head hurt just think about the numbers!
Evolution is not Pseudoscience.

Pseudoscience consists of statements, beliefs, or practices that are claimed to be both scientific and factual but are incompatible with the scientific method.[1][Note 1] Pseudoscience is often characterized by contradictory, exaggerated or unfalsifiable claims; reliance on confirmation bias rather than rigorous attempts at refutation; lack of openness to evaluation by other experts; absence of systematic practices when developing hypotheses; and continued adherence long after the pseudoscientific hypotheses have been experimentally discredited. The term pseudoscience is considered pejorative,[4] because it suggests something is being presented as science inaccurately or even deceptively.

- Wikipedia

To understand evolution better, take yourself as the example in the scenario.

How many of the things you did as a child are you still doing now as an adult?
There could have been a point in your life when all that mattered to you was just to suck your mom's brêast or to lick lollipop/sweet or the best Christmas clothes.
But, as your cells are fed with substances that it needs, it starts growing. With that growth, it starts to develop more and expand.
What you feed your cells, they automatically grow with.
With time, most of the things it doesn't need, you become allergic to it. Some of the things your body no longer needs, you automatically cut it off, sometimes without even knowing.

Whatever you feed your cells, they will decipher it and eventually decide what is good for you and what is not good for you.
That's evolution.
Watch some of the bigger traits you have, try and remember how you got them. If it wasn't in your gene already, then it will manifest from the things you mostly associate yourself with.
That's evolution!

Unlike Pseudoscience, Evolution is observable everyday, and can be proved beyond reasonable doubt.
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by onlyfacts: 6:00pm On May 26, 2020
IamMichael:

Evolution is not Pseudoscience.

To understand evolution better, take yourself as the example in the scenario.

How many of the things you did as a child are you still doing now as an adult?
There could have been a point in your life when all that mattered to you was just to suck your mom's brêast or to lick lollipop/sweet or the best Christmas clothes.
But, as your cells are fed with substances that it needs, it starts growing. With that growth, it starts to develop more and expand.
What you feed your cells, they automatically grow with.
With time, most of the things it doesn't need, you become allergic to it. Some of the things your body no longer needs, you automatically cut it off, sometimes without even knowing.

Whatever you feed your cells, they will decipher it and eventually decide what is good for you and what is not good for you.
That's evolution.
Watch some of the bigger traits you have, try and remember how you got them. If it wasn't in your gene already, then it will manifest from the things you mostly associate yourself with.
That's evolution!

Unlike Pseudoscience, Evolution is observable everyday, and can be proved beyond reasonable doubt.

Evolution is still pseudoscience. The evolutionary tree is make shift at best. The odds life survived prehistoric earth conditions and diversified into different species male and female is also an impossibility, amongst others. What else is pseudoscience if not evolution?

And the illustration you mentioned should be about "maturity" and not evolution.
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by CHARLOE(m): 6:14pm On May 26, 2020
LordReed:

Your inferiority complex is shining through you dummy. Where have I claimed to be smarter because I am atheist? See how much of a bumbling ridiculous nincompoop you make yourself?
Calling u a goat is an insult to goats! Mannerless indomie generation, u can't be more than a few yrs older than my 1st child but u feel entitled to throw insult at anybody cos u think nl is faceless. No be ur fault.
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by IamMichael(m): 6:20pm On May 26, 2020
onlyfacts:

"There is no scientific reason, however, to think that aging cannot be cured (reviewed in de Magalhaes, 2014a). After all, curing aging does not violate any law of physics".https://www.senescence.info/aging_cure.html

"All around the world, scientists are trying to beat the most debilitating condition known to humans: aging". https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20181211-how-science-and-medicine-could-cure-ageing

"Age reversal technology will be a reality soon. Our bodies will be kept biologically younger for longer, regardless of our chronological age."
https://atlasbiomed.com/blog/ageing-can-you-reverse-it/amp/

The above sources show that aging isn't "normal" to many people of science and a reversal is being pursued! But a reversal will be useless if they all agree that the human body is fundamentally flawed or does not have the "capacity to live forever". But they know the body has that capacity and they are willing to push it to its limit!

I think you misunderstand the whole age reversal thing.

Human body does not have the capacity to live forever bro.
Re: For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? by shadeyinka(m): 6:24pm On May 26, 2020
LordReed:
`

That's your business, I asked the question because I don't know what you guys think. If you feel that's not honest, I don't give 2 rat bleeps.
Too bad!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Religion Has Killed More Than It Has Saved / Ignominious Christ Embassy Church, Shameless Oyakhilome / C.C.T: God Is Not Wicked!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.