Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,932 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? (33293 Views)

5 Prophets Muslims And Christians Share Together In Their Holy Books. / Should Christians Eat Pig? Pig Is Not Kosher. / Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Topmaike007(m): 4:25pm On May 24, 2020
I am just eating one from my neighbour
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:39pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

Your knowledge of Christainity is too shallow.
Stick with it while i stick with mine.

Stop fanaticism
Jesus never preached hate

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Ayo081(m): 4:41pm On May 24, 2020
VicM6:
Bro, Jesus is different from Allah and Allah is different from sango worshippers...Make God help us all... i dey chop muslim food and meat even thou people say it's wrong.....tor, on judgement day my file go plenty die grin

Bro do you even understand that chapter?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:41pm On May 24, 2020
desiredhome:

There is only but one God, irrespective of all we should show love and respect others, in doing this the world will be a better place......
Why didn't you say that before instead of making examples of deeper and winners
Hypocrite!!
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Ayo081(m): 4:41pm On May 24, 2020
ikh777:

The answer you seek is in 1 Corinthians 8

pls study it with a good translation.

TRUTHS ABOUT THINGS LIKE THIS ARE NOT FOR DEBATE, IF TRULY YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN, Go to the bible and find your answers... ASSUMPTION IS COSTLY.

You should read that chapter again, slowly with your head open.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Agboriotejoye(m): 4:43pm On May 24, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
[/s]
I won't call you names. Meanwhile that nonsense you type isn't it, I am Yoruba Muslim, I don't eat meat that is killed for something else than Allah, Meat that Allah's name is not called upon before slaughtering and new year, Christmas, Easter foods and all sort. Any other food aside this is Halal (rightful) for us to ear. Not because of hatred but because is against my belief.
It's ONLY those that doesn't have the knowledge of Islam in Yorubaland that does what you said not Yoruba in general.
So will you offer sallah meat to a non-muslim
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by qwertyboss(m): 4:52pm On May 24, 2020
saxy4c:
And you'd be less bitter the moment you realize Jesus didn't come for authentic and perfect believers like you. Besides, are youva Christian because you go to church following what your pastor says, sinning differently by being selective with the scriptures or you are a true believer in Christ's love?

"While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him.
When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”
Their is a reason why some Moslems Doesn't eat Christian food.
One of them is that the meat maybe the meat of a pig and Muslims doesn't eat pig.
Another reason is that Moslem believed in one God and consider associating a child to God as a blasphemy, so you shouldn't expect Muslims to be eating a food presented to them under the guise of celebrating the birth of the purported son of God because they consider it as a blasphemy.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Vulcan24(m): 4:54pm On May 24, 2020
I was brought up not to accept the food and I find it appropriate

i don't take it dosent mean am against the neighbours religion, it is self discipline to face your course of life and religion squarely.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by kafeii123: 4:55pm On May 24, 2020
tipscogreen:

It only fake believers that practices what you are doing. Go to the north, you wouldn't see any Hausa/Fulani moslem accepting easter or Christmas meat(food) from Christians.

You can also visit the former eastern region and check if you will find any indigenous Christian accepting food or meat from moslems during their festivals

Yorubas are our major problem in Nigeria as a nation. They don't know what is abomination is religion or politics. No different between Yoruba Moslems and Christians. They can freely share their place of worship with each other. The will eat anything eatable and married themselves regardless of what their religious holy book said. Yoruba attached no value to their religious belief but their personal comfort

If you really believe in this thing you wrote...then you're an extremist too.. you just have not met enough people like you and don't have someone offering about 1000 USD per month to kill yet... When you do... You are likely to take the offer.

Just as it is easy to consider Hitler's officers as evil during the Holocaust, the truth is that they are no different from any other human and should it be you, or anyone else for that matter, You might just find killing other people for fun very enjoyable.
You don't know enough yet to consider who the Muslims worship as an idol.

But Apostle Paul is saying that even if the food was sacrificed to idols.... So long your faith doesn't judge you, you can go ahead and eat.

As for the islamists who consider killing their fellow as the right step if such a person shares in a Christian's food....

You can only hope to win them over to your way of thinking is by showing a superior response to theirs.

Which father would you prefer...the one who canes you for every offense.... or the one who takes the time to explain the logic behind something to you before punishing you the next time you commit the same error...?

By the way.... Religion is only the constructs through which men of different regions have found to make sense of the vast realities around them that they do not have any other way to explain.

The Bible says...out of the multitude of the day's activities the dream cometh.... ( Ecc 5:7)

Just as you consider your own religion superior ..the Hindu, Shinto's, olumba-olumbas ... Obatalas, ogbonis etc.... Have the right to consider their religion/their own realities the most superior.... And tell you you'll burn in eternal fire if you don't adopt theirs....

By the way....may I remind you that the Christianity you so praise.. was not your great grandfather's way of reaching out to God .....

Christianity is older than Islam.... Christianity has its ugly past. . You don't know what evils have been and are still being perpetuated in the name of Jesus.

I believe Islam is also evolving.... Give the religion a few more decades... It'll either self destruct...or embrace modern realities if it wants to stay relevant.

But truth is universal..... Let everyone walk with the light they have ...your best is to gradually and with love expose them to a superior light/logic.... You can't force anyone....
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by mhmsadyq(m): 4:58pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

I do have muslims at my work place as friends...
am not a fanatic, I'm just trying to draw a line between christainity and idolatry as the topic demands.
Am not a fanatic
Am not a fanatic
Am not a fanatic
Do have a nice day.

Oga, if you are not a fanatic, then fanatic has no meaning.
HATRED IS A DEADLY DISEASE, BUT IS CURABLE . Pls get a cure immediately and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Regards.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by qwertyboss(m): 5:00pm On May 24, 2020
Topmaike007:
I am just eating one from my neighbour
It is categorically stated in the Qur'an the the food of the Christian and the Jews is permitted for the Muslims to eat.
The reasons why some Muslims avoid Christian food is because of pig and alcohol which is prohibited in Islam.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by desiredhome: 5:01pm On May 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Why didn't you say that before instead of making examples of deeper and winners
Hypocrite!!
But deeper do not see any other church as Christian or believers na......
As far as you are not their Church member you are not a Christian or believer...... isn't that what it is?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Topmaike007(m): 5:06pm On May 24, 2020
qwertyboss:

It is categorically stated in the Qur'an the the food of the Christian and the Jews is permitted for the Muslims to eat.
The reasons why some Muslims avoid Christian food is because of pig and alcohol which is prohibited in Islam.
I am a Christian, the way I am so close with my neighbour if I am invited to mosque I will go with no doubt
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by ThatFairGuy: 5:09pm On May 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

So will you offer sallah meat to a non-muslim
It's ONLY obligatory on me to give Eid meat to Muslim WHO ISN'T CAPABLE OF SLAUGHTERING. I can only give to Christian with the latter's consent AS A GIFT. Any other day is different though

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by bigtt76(f): 5:14pm On May 24, 2020
Nothing is sacrificed to any gods or deity by the muslims let's not conflate things here. The festival they slaughter Rama is not even to any God or deity but rather commemorating the time God (Allah) instructed Abraham (Ibrahim) to sacrifice his only son unto him and during the course changed His request to a sheep he provided in the stead. This is clearly documented in the Bible and the Koran.

At no time do Muslims offer any sacrifice to deity. During Ramadan (Lent) they fast in commemoration of prophet Muhammed's doing same and teachings as to why it's necessary to fast. This again is documented in the Bible - Jesus Christ's experience with the devil in the wilderness during his 40 days fasting.

Breaking of fast is an act done by both faith.. I see nothing wrong here.

I agree with you not eating anything offered to deity or gods but disagree with you that the Bible says you should not eat from what a Muslim offers you in commemoration of their religious ceremonies similar to Christians.

Let's all (Christians and Muslims) take time to study each other's books to understand it better instead of trying to rubbish our beliefs.

RTSC:

The stand of the Bible is this.

Anything that has been openly sacrificed to any other deity except Jehovah is unclean.
Do not eat it.

But if you are not sure it has been sacrificed like buying from restaurants or butchers, you can buy freely and give thanks to God before eating.

It's in the Bible.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by qwertyboss(m): 5:14pm On May 24, 2020
Topmaike007:
I am a Christian, the way I am so close with my neighbour if I am invited to mosque I will go with no doubt
My brother I don't know why due to ignorance our African people are taking religion so far but maybe it's not the religion maybe its the instinctive barbaric culture and tradition which still lurks in our DNA.

My brother today Muslim are Muslims by name and Christian are Christian by name, we just hide under the umbrella of religion to continue our mediaeval barbarism
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by banhammy: 5:14pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

Is allah not a demorn? and is mohamed not an idul?.
All True christains know that Islam is Idolatery...
I pity Christ embassy and Winners christains sha.
The typo errors up there is meant to evade any ban.

You can't even type good English words.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by bigtt76(f): 5:17pm On May 24, 2020
There's no difference here if you ask me. Both propagated the teachings of God which is the most important thing here. If one set believe their prophet is a direct son of God and the other believe otherwise... It's all about beliefs and understanding of the scriptures. Some people still believe the messiah is yet to come but that doesn't take away their belief in the same God.

Agboriotejoye:

This is wrong. Christians don't "acknowledge" Jesus Christ the same way Muslims acknowledge Muhammed.
We Christians believe Jesus Christ is the son of God, the saviour of the world who died for all mankind.
Muslims believe, Muhammad is the last prophet of God who came to guide people back to Allah. Hope you can see the difference. There's still a lot more if you want.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Topmaike007(m): 5:20pm On May 24, 2020
qwertyboss:

My brother I don't know why due to ignorance our African people are taking religion so far but maybe is not the religion maybe is the instinctive barbaric culture and tradition which still lurks in our DNA.

My brother today Muslim are Muslims by name and Christian are Christian by name, we just hide under the umbrella of religion to continue our mediaeval barbarism
we're always Ignorant over here, no one can choose what to do for me, I remembered when I was in school I was dating a Muslim girl then I will vividly tell you that she is preferable to my fellow Christian girls I have dated on campus.if I should tell you that my matter was the center of discussion in my hostel you won't believe, some even went extra mile to tell me in my face that I am a disgrace to Christianity.

The story I just summarised for you was what made the said girl to leave me, because the people around me use to see as plague.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by qwertyboss(m): 5:21pm On May 24, 2020
banhammy:

Leave that brainwashed chicken!
By the time he realized that Jesus was sent to the Jews who rejected him will start reading his Bible well and not listening to selected fragment Sprouse inside into his head
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Chinny024(f): 5:24pm On May 24, 2020
Muslim meal kwaaa? Thank you, no mention... Share keee!!! Eat Koooo cheesy
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 24, 2020
banhammy:

And you couldn't read my last line?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 24, 2020
mhmsadyq:

Oga, if you are not a fanatic, then fanatic has no meaning.
HATRED IS A DEADLY DISEASE, BUT IS CURABLE . Pls get a cure immediately and I wish you a speedy recovery.
Regards.
Saying the truth in Christainity is called Hate...
thats why mega preachers compromise The Truth to Maintain their large crowds.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by kafeii123: 5:26pm On May 24, 2020
gideonite98:
Op 2 odeku and 1 plate of pepper soup for you.
Nice one
The only advise is, just know the people you're eating from are really and truly happy with you.
Muslim or Not Peace cheesy

That's the point... You go visiting your uncle....and find out he has a shrine.... But he's the only family

....then his wife presents you sumptous meal and serves her own children too from the same pot.... You then say and start quoting verses waiting for manner from heaven.... Kwashiokor will so remove your eyes.

Worst of all you'll bless the food...pray over it and enjoy the thing....

As elderly Nigerians who studied in Brazil during those times.... some of them ate the goats and good farm produce that the natives go to sacrifice around their campuses then.

Afterall.. The stipend FG was sending hardly geta to them in good time...

My uncle who retired from NITEL did it... He's been retired for long now.... Man s still strong as ever...
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by mhmsadyq(m): 5:28pm On May 24, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

Is allah not a demorn? and is mohamed not an idul?.
All True christains know that Islam is Idolatery...
I pity Christ embassy and Winners christains sha.
The typo errors up there is meant to evade any ban.

Have ever met with a Muslim before in your life?
If yes, did you asked them questions about their faith?
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 24, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Stop fanaticism Jesus never preached hate
The Truth in Christainity is called Hate by Outsiders... Same reason why many Mega preachers compromise the Truth... Use your head.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by qwertyboss(m): 5:29pm On May 24, 2020
Topmaike007:
we're always Ignorant over here, no one can choose what to do for me, I remembered when I was in school I was dating a Muslim girl then I will vividly tell you that she is preferable to my fellow Christian girls I have dated on campus.if I should tell you that my matter was the center of discussion in my hostel you won't believe, some even went extra mile to tell me in my face that I am a disgrace to Christianity.

The story I just summarised for you was what made the said girl to leave me, because the people around me use to see as plague.
If only Muslims apply this two verse
" there is no compulsion in religion " (meaning you can't force someone into Islam)
And " you have your religion and I have my religion "( like they your they make I they my they if you fail to understand what am preaching to you)
Am telling you, you will realize that what many extremists are doing is not the proper teaching of the religion

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by kafeii123: 5:31pm On May 24, 2020
desiredhome:

But deeper do not see any other church as Christian or believers na......
As far as you are not their Church member you are not a Christian or believer...... isn't that what it is?

It used to be.... Go to Lagos.... You'll see deeper life church members dressed well, working in good organisations... even in trousers sometimes.

Forget that girl that wore babariga to camp and was claiming mother of Jesus... It's some of the depeer life churches in the hinterland who still hold to archaic beliefs...and its not all
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 24, 2020
mhmsadyq:

All Zakare ever told me was how he performed miracles with fowl blood, the barren did deliver according to him...
He prays Frequently and doesn't shave his head.
I guess he's an Alfa.
Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Chochovini: 5:34pm On May 24, 2020
Pharaoh01:
Why should we? I tried wishing them on the Eid el fitri post this morning and it seems the mods made it compulsory I declare myself to be a Muslim before I'm able to post... Like seriously?? Why take it that far?? Is that how it's done during Xmas??
. I STILL CAN‘T Understand the real reason behind that requirement before one is allowed to comment on a muslem post on NL. U can‘t force me to convert to a muslem if I must comment on a forum.

Funny enough, its not so with Christian posts, why? Maybe they afraid of being told the TRUTH.

To hell with muslim posts. Rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 24, 2020
mhmsadyq:

Ever since i discovered the Diabolical and sinister side of Islam, i Stopped being friends with Zakare...I followed him to his mosque and Confirmed my suspicions
Islam is Idoolaatry.

1 Like

Re: Should Christians Share In Muslim IFTAR Meals? by Kubernetes: 5:44pm On May 24, 2020
In Islam,a Muslim can marry a Christian,Jew etc.
It means you can eat the food prepared by your wife except if she cooks Haram food like pork.
However,you should ensure the children are on the right part of Islam,since they are yours.
In Islam,you can eat a Christmas food as long as it does not contain haramic substances like alcohol,pork etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Stop Worshiping Your Pastors - John Okafor Aka Mr Ibu / Why Do People Dance Worldly In Church? / Altar Boy Dies After Building Fell On Him While Going Home From Church. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.