Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? (3611 Views)

Obviously, Living Is A God (good) Vs Satan (evil) War / Will Bad People Burn In Hell? / You Are Not Qualified To Accuse Others Of Evil If You Are Hypocrite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by BlowYourMind: 5:09pm On May 24, 2020
kingxsamz:

Smh...And you had to input that. Typical religious folk.
You still haven't answered my question though.
Is God capable of killing Satan? Yes
You keep avoiding it.
You haven't done what I asked you to do, you can't retain any knowledge of the truth given to you.
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by CAPSLOCKED: 5:22pm On May 24, 2020
thankgod460:
He created us for purpose, that is why we pray to him.

SO HE CREATED YOU TO PRAY TO HIM?

4 Likes

Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by kingxsamz(m): 5:25pm On May 24, 2020
BlowYourMind:
You haven't done what I asked you to do, you can't retain any knowledge of the truth given to you.

Nawa, so I have to do something before you say Yes or No? grin
Okay. What do you want me to do?
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by thankgod460(m): 5:45pm On May 24, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

SO HE CREATED YOU TO PRAY TO HIM?

I am not saying that he created us to pray to him,
Is just to buttressed my point that we people are free to asked him anything that seems not clear to us.
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by KingAzubuike(f): 5:45pm On May 24, 2020
shadeyinka:

Either you've been watching too many movies.
1. There is difference between Hell and the Lake of Fire
2. Hell is a temporary holding place of unrighteous souls. Satan is not in hell, he goes to and fro the earth. Demons are earthbound.
3. The lake of fire is the place of final rejected souls including fallen angels, demons, satan and unrighteous souls.

There is no single scripture that say that satan or his demons oversees Hell.
just when I thought I've heard it all. So there's a difference between hell and lake of fire? Lol

5 Likes

Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by kingxsamz(m): 5:46pm On May 24, 2020
thankgod460:

My brother you are free to talk to God on anything that is not clear to you as per how God arrange all things and situation. He created us for purpose, that is why we pray to him. Good is not dead, ask and he will review to you how he runs his affairs. Don't just post things that can mislead people. Your question portrait God as author of confusion. That makes me to give you the first response

Why don't you save us the stress of asking?
Since you're a believer, you should know.
So tell us.

5 Likes

Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by BlowYourMind: 5:56pm On May 24, 2020
kingxsamz:

Nawa, so I have to do something before you say Yes or No? grin
Okay. What do you want me to do?
Empty your cup of premeditation, seek knowledge with sincere heart, shun bitterness and hatred.
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by kingxsamz(m): 6:01pm On May 24, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Empty your cup of premeditation, seek knowledge with sincere heart, shun bitterness and hatred.

Okay, I have done all that.
Now I want to know the truth.
Can God kill Satan or not?
Yes or no.

5 Likes

Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by BlowYourMind: 6:05pm On May 24, 2020
kingxsamz:

Okay, I have done all that.
Now I want to know the truth.
Can God kill Satan or not?
Yes or no.
I have answered your question, go and check. three previous comment I quote, the answer is in your comment.
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by kingxsamz(m): 6:12pm On May 24, 2020
BlowYourMind:
I have answered your question, go and check. three previous comment I quote, the answer is in your comment.
No need for long story.
I just want a yes or no.
Can God kill Satan?
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by BlowYourMind: 6:24pm On May 24, 2020
kingxsamz:
No need for long story. I just want a yes or no. Can God kill Satan?
Yes
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by BlowYourMind: 6:24pm On May 24, 2020
kingxsamz:
No need for long story. I just want a yes or no. Can God kill Satan?
Yes
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by kingxsamz(m): 6:35pm On May 24, 2020
BlowYourMind:
Yes

But this contradicts your earlier claim that Satan was immortal and therefore he cannot submit to death.
Now you're admitting that God can kill him. Which would mean that, Satan can actually die.
Now that aside.

If God can kill Satan and his cohorts, why can't he do that right away and end suffering in the human race, and also prevent more people from going to hell, since he already knows the number of people that will end up in there?

Answer comprehensively.

5 Likes

Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by thankgod460(m): 6:54pm On May 24, 2020
kingxsamz:

Why don't you save us the stress of asking?
Since you're a believer, you should know.
So tell us.
Have you ever imagine why God harden the heart of Pharaoh so that he can destroyed him for his beloved one (Israelites) to keep his ordinance, if this never happened no one among Israelites will believes there is suprime being called God. Nevertheless Deut 29:29 says the secret things belong into the Lord our God: but those things which are revealed belong into us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
Either you believe it or not, God Almighty know the starting and ending of all things and he does things as it pleases him ( this bring about the word unquestionable). Check revelation 4:11

Rev.4:11- Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.”

All things happen has it pleases Him. Imagine how some people of your age died and you are still alive.
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by shadeyinka(m): 7:56pm On May 24, 2020
KingAzubuike:
just when I thought I've heard it all. So there's a difference between hell and lake of fire? Lol
Read your bible instead of displaying your ignorance!
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by shadeyinka(m): 7:57pm On May 24, 2020
kingxsamz:

Can you prove the existence of hell?
Can you prove the non existence of hell?
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 24, 2020
KingAzubuike:
We all die. The good go to heaven and the bad go to hell. Hell is a place of suffering and torment headed by Satan. He oversees things there, it's his own version of heaven. His job is to punish those who were evil and bad while on Earth. Why do Christian's still see him as an evil being when he punishes the evil?

Mentality of misinformed churchgoers Sir!

Satan and all who poses as obstacles for Paradise will only return to non-existence. Psalms 37:7-11

God had no plans for evildoers than to forget them in their grave {Psalms 9:17} death is the ultimate punishment {Romans 6:7} their evil deeds can never change God's heart that's holy (pure) to evil thoughts! Jeremiah 7:31, 19:5-6
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by kingxsamz(m): 8:43pm On May 24, 2020
shadeyinka:

Can you prove the non existence of hell?

Guy your matter tire me o. undecided
How the hell does someone prove the non existence of something that hasn't been proven to exist? How can you ask me to prove that hell doesn't exist when you haven't even been able to provide proof yourself? undecided Is that how this works? undecided
Incase you don't know, the burden of proof is on the person making the claim.

So I ask again, can you prove that hell exists?
I'm waiting. undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by shadeyinka(m): 9:30pm On May 24, 2020
kingxsamz:

Guy your matter tire me o. undecided
How the hell does someone prove the non existence of something that hasn't been proven to exist? How can you ask me to prove that hell doesn't exist when you haven't even been able to provide proof yourself? undecided Is that how this works? undecided
Incase you don't know, the burden of proof is on the person making the claim.

So I ask again, can you prove that hell exists?
I'm waiting. undecided
The bolded couldn't have been more wrong. But because it's the argument usually proposed by atheists, you swallow it hook, line and sinker without a little thought from your own end.

The one who challenges an established notion is the one to supply the proof!

Established Notion:
Mrs Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti was the first Nigerian woman to drive a Car
Challenger:
No, Mrs Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti wasn't the First Nigerian woman to drive a car.

By your logic, who should supply the proof of argument?
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by BlowYourMind: 10:34pm On May 24, 2020
kingxsamz:

But this contradicts your earlier claim that Satan was immortal and therefore he cannot submit to death. #To human Satan is immortal, to GOD, nothing is absolutely impossible, HE created him, HE can kill him, I am not talking for GOD, I am talking as human#
Now you're admitting that God can kill him. Which would mean that, Satan can actually die.
Now that aside.

If God can kill Satan and his cohorts, why can't he do that right away and end suffering in the human race, and also prevent more people from going to hell, since he already knows the number of people that will end up in there?# GOD is giving mankind the right to choose between good and bad

Answer comprehensively.
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by kingxsamz(m): 12:50am On May 25, 2020
shadeyinka:

Benefit of electricity!
You've concentated on the benefit to mankind.
But creation is NOT for the benefit of human kind but God( the maker).
My argument was that some beneficial things also have their negative implications.
How is Satan beneficial? Please I want to know.   undecided

Mr man...
The question I asked was, Why did God create Satan since he knew the outcome?
And you went on to ask me if I would create electricity or vehicles if I knew that it would kill people. And I told you that the advantages of vehicles and electricity outweighs their disadvantages. And then I asked you, what are the benefits or advantages of Satan since you're using the creation of Satan to compare with the creation of electricity and vehicles?
Now you're telling me something else, totally off topic.
Answer my initial question.
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by kingxsamz(m): 12:50am On May 25, 2020
shadeyinka:

I laugh in Swahili.
Who told you we are all God's children?   The idea that you are Gods child is laughable if you don't have Gods Spirit/DNA in you.

Please quote where I said that.  undecided
It seems you lack the ability to comprehend stuffs. And you love to divert.
I'm not sure you're capable of keeping up with  conversations without diverting to an unrelated topic which no one mentioned in the first place.  undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by kingxsamz(m): 12:51am On May 25, 2020
This was what I said:

Would you drop very sharp knives in the midst of little kids and warn them not to touch it, all in the name of trying to see if they'll be obedient?
Your Response
shadeyinka:

Same argument as above. We are not all God's children. If you consider yourself an atheist, are you in anyway different from laboratory rats?

what on earth are you talking about?   undecided ... It seems you don't even know or understand what I'm talking about.
You only read to reply, but you'll never read to comprehend or understand.  undecided

I asked, why should an all knowing god put something as dangerous as the tree of life in the garden when he knows it would hinder his plans for Adam and Eve? Why did he create the tree of life and go ahead to test Adam and Eve with it when he knows the outcome? Why did he place the tree of life in the garden knowing fully well that it will destroy his initial plans? And I used an example.
Would you place sharp knives in the midst of children, knowing fully well that they'll play with it and hurt themselves, all in the name of testing them?   YES or NO.
In this context, sharp knives represents the tree of life, the children represents ADAM AND EVE, and you, God.
So where in my post did I claim to be God's child? undecided
This time, take your time and read slowly.  undecided
Now answer my question.
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by kingxsamz(m): 1:15am On May 25, 2020
shadeyinka:

The bolded couldn't have been more wrong. But because it's the argument usually proposed by atheists, you swallow it hook, line and sinker without a little thought from your own end.

Established Notion:
Challenger:

I'm beginning to question your sense of reasoning. undecided
I'm not sure this conversation can continue since you want to shut your brain from logic.

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim.
You claim there's hell which burns forever.
And I'm asking you to prove it to me.
You haven't even made any logical statement to validate your assertion that hell exists.
But you jumped quickly to ask if I can prove its unexistence. undecided
Is there any verified source of information that you can refer to that will prove the existence of hell?

Established Notion:
Challenger:

When you make logical reference to try and back up your illogical claims, it's laughable and shallow.

Mrs Funmilayo Ransome Kuti existed. The fact that she was the first woman to drive a car in Nigeria is a widely accepted fact, and is validated by verified sources and also penned down in history.
Now can you show me images of hell?
Can you prove it?
Can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that it exists?
You'd have to prove it before anyone can attempt to disprove it.

Tbh, your response is really childish, and I'm not sure I can keep up with that.

1 Like

Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by shadeyinka(m): 2:54am On May 25, 2020
kingxsamz:

I'm beginning to question your sense of reasoning. undecided
I'm not sure this conversation can continue since you want to shut your brain from logic.

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim.
You claim there's hell which burns forever.
And I'm asking you to prove it to me.
You haven't even made any logical statement to validate your assertion that hell exists.
But you jumped quickly to ask if I can prove its unexistence. undecided
Is there any verified source of information that you can refer to that will prove the existence of hell?

When you make logical reference to try and back up your illogical claims, it's laughable and shallow.

Mrs Funmilayo Ransome Kuti existed. The fact that she was the first woman to drive a car in Nigeria is a widely accepted fact, and is validated by verified sources and also penned down in history .
Now can you show me images of hell?
Can you prove it?
Can you prove beyond reasonable doubt that it exists?
You'd have to prove it before anyone can attempt to disprove it.

Tbh, your response is really childish, and I'm not sure I can keep up with that.

Any notion with or without pictures can be countered. The fact that Mrs Kuti existed is NOT a proof that she's the first female driver in Nigeria. What evidence do we have that Mrs Kuti was the first female driver in Nigeria other than it is the accepted notation? The first female driver could have been my great grandmother if I could prove it but alas, critical thinking has deluded some people.

The highlight just showed how shallow your thought process is: just like, expecting pictures of Alexander the Great or Jesus Christ as a proof that he existed and boasting like an Orangutan about lack of pictures as a means of validation.

Answering the simple question at the end of the analogy would have saved you this embarrassment.

My take:

Stator of Established Notion:
Challenger:
The Question:
Is it the Stator of the established Notion or the Challenger?

Critical thinking is learnt by exercise of one's brain!

1 Like

Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by shadeyinka(m): 3:27am On May 25, 2020
kingxsamz:

Your Response

1. I asked, why should an all knowing god put something as dangerous as the tree of life in the garden when he knows it would hinder his plans for Adam and Eve?

2. Why did he create the tree of life and go ahead to test Adam and Eve with it when he knows the outcome?

3. Why did he place the tree of life in the garden knowing fully well that it will destroy his initial plans? And I used an example.

You are the one misunderstanding or not processing my post. Let me break it down for you
1. On the contrary, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil actually advanced Gods plan. Without it, there would not be a means of SELECTION of humans with God's desired traits fit for being Gods true children.
2. On why the tree of knowledge of good and Evil is essential: I'm surprised that It still hasn't sank in that true volition must be given the opportunity to exercise it good or bad?
The outcome of the failure of Adam and Eve is that out of the ruins of humanity will come out a select few with the kind of traits ( people with a volition that will by nature choose good over evil through love) God desire from man.
3. I wonder where you got the notion of a destruption of God's plan! The Tree of the Knowledge of good and Evil DID NOT destroy God's plan but actually advanced it.
The world is a place of SELECTION of humans with godly traits! Humanity wasn't created to be robots as robots do not have the capacity to do other than they have been programmed.
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by shadeyinka(m): 3:45am On May 25, 2020
kingxsamz:

Please quote where I said that.  undecided
It seems you lack the ability to comprehend stuffs. And you love to divert.
I'm not sure you're capable of keeping up with  conversations without diverting to an unrelated topic which no one mentioned in the first place.  undecided

You used "children" as an example as if human beings are by default God's children. If human beings are like children, then your question is valid.
Are human beings supposed to be Gods children or Gods creation?

Let me indulge you with this question.
Sophia is a social AI humanoid robot developed by Hong Kong-based company Hanson Robotics. Sophia was first turned on on February 14, 2016.

If Hanson Robotics destroyed Sophia, have they done evil?

Note:
Sophia is a citizen of Saudi Arabia!
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by shadeyinka(m): 3:52am On May 25, 2020
kingxsamz:

How is Satan beneficial? Please I want to know.   undecided

Mr man...
The question I asked was, Why did God create Satan since he knew the outcome?
And you went on to ask me if I would create electricity or vehicles if I knew that it would kill people. And I told you that the advantages of vehicles and electricity outweighs their disadvantages. And then I asked you, what are the benefits or advantages of Satan since you're using the creation of Satan to compare with the creation of electricity and vehicles?
Now you're telling me something else, totally off topic.
Answer my initial question.
You are still as usual mixing things up.

Since you've decided to bring up the issue of "If satan is beneficial?"
Please clarify:
Beneficial to Whom!? God or Man?
Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by kingxsamz(m): 11:37am On May 25, 2020
shadeyinka:

The highlight just showed how shallow your thought process is: just like, expecting pictures of Alexander the Great or Jesus Christ as a proof that he existed and boasting like an Orangutan about lack of pictures as a means of validation.

Answering the simple question at the end of the analogy would have saved you this embarrassment.

My take:

Stator of Established Notion:
Challenger:
The Question:
Is it the Stator of the established Notion or the Challenger?

You're not bright at all.
Please quote where I said pictures are the only thing which validates a claim.
I even asked you to provide a verified source which acknowledges the existence of hell. You avoided that.
Give me proof that hell exists without quoting religious books. I need logical proof.
If you can do that, then I'll know you're intelligent.
But if you keep asking me to disprove what you are unable to prove in the first place, then I'll know you're just an adult with a kid's brain.

Now, in a single sentence, kindly prove to me that hell exists.

3 Likes

Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by kimco(m): 12:40pm On May 25, 2020
shadeyinka:

Established Notion:
Challenger:

What? Claim of hell is not an established notion...until proven factual it will remain a religious claim. No one has seen hell before so the burden of proof still falls on you to prove it.

Amazing the mental gymnastics u people go through to avoid questioning.

3 Likes

Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by kingxsamz(m): 12:54pm On May 25, 2020
kimco:

What? Claim of hell is not an established notion...until proven factual it will remain a religious claim. No one has seen hell before so the burden of proof still falls on you to prove it.

That's my problem with him...
How is he going to prove the existence of an eternal furnace to someone who has never heard of it before?
If he tells such person that hell exists, and the person asks him to prove it, does it make any sense for him to ask that person to disprove it, when he hasn't even proved it in the first place?
The guy matter tire me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should You Still Call Satan Evil If He Punishes The Bad People? by shadeyinka(m): 12:58pm On May 25, 2020
kimco:

Didn't you hear of hell before the notion of no hell came along. Bro, the burden of proof is on you.

If you had slowed down to critically think, you'll observe that the two opposing statements are both CLAIMS. Whenever there is an established claim, the challenging claim has the burden of proof.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Today is The Solemnnity Of Christ The King (Corpus Christi) / Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent / If Jesus Is God Almighty, David Is The Almighty Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.