Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,479 members, 7,819,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? (52929 Views)

Order Cars from Lagos at the Exact Cost!|Nationwide Delivery / I Need Uber/taxify Driver To Drive My 2011 Toyota Camry / Please Share Your Experience From Buying A Car From Auction Export (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by awoo47: 9:31am On May 25, 2020
Born2conquer:

It’s from lagos to ABK, the dealer charged 100k for delivery

I couldn’t really argue with him because the car is still with him make e no go commot something from my car

So i just left him to do anything
abk as in abeoukuta??
can't u drive by ursef
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by KingAzari: 9:31am On May 25, 2020
9jaHustler:
I have a tokumbo can in Lagos that I want to bring to Abuja. What is the going rate to have someone drive it from Lagos to Abuja?

Are there any conditions usually given?

Any thing that I need to know please.

If it's for personal use, make sure it is registered and tracked in Lagos.
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Nobody: 9:31am On May 25, 2020
The 60k is not enough at all. He got to settle each checking point and customs as well.
Oluromantic:
First is it a person you know or trust? Does the car have a tracker? Do you know the condition of the car before it leaves Lagos? Does he have a valid driver's license? Would you have him sign an undertaking before d deal? 60k is enough

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by yusufu16: 9:32am On May 25, 2020
here:
It’s 50-60k normally and he fuels the car
The upper limit if it’s a v6. Sometimes you need to realize if you agree on their rates it saves you the chance of them using your car to transport passengers. And pls ensure it’s serviced before leaving Lagos and find out if he moves alone because there are these guys who move in group it’s safer and they don’t leave any spoilt car behind

Even if you give them N100k, they will still carry passengers

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by demoBaba: 9:32am On May 25, 2020
Oluromantic:

Yeah fuel money-8k
His trans back-6k
Miscellaneous-6k
His workmanship-10k
That's 30k. So negotiate for 30-35k when u call him. Highest he'll end it at 40k

8k fuel from Lagos to Abuja you're joking.

That's 64 liters from Lagos to Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by pawesome(m): 9:33am On May 25, 2020
9jaHustler:
I have a tokumbo can in Lagos that I want to bring to Abuja. What is the going rate to have someone drive it from Lagos to Abuja?

normally ranges from 40 to 60k.
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by anataala: 9:34am On May 25, 2020
N50K and the driver will not complaint after arriving Abuja
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by emperorlaqrin: 9:34am On May 25, 2020
Oluromantic:
First is it a person you know or trust? Does the car have a tracker? Do you know the condition of the car before it leaves Lagos? Does he have a valid driver's license? Would you have him sign an undertaking before d deal? 60k is enough

Lol 60k for this lockdown. That's the range I was charged to drive a bus from ibadan to Lagos .infact I was actually begging for that 60k. Abuja far too with all this policemen enforcing the inter state ban. The fee will be more and don't forget the person driving will also come back to Lagos and might even want to bill the op a night accommodation in Abuja

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Ayemileto(m): 9:35am On May 25, 2020
9jaHustler:
Thanks so much. Coupled with the fact that he may pick 1 or 2 passengers along to road grin grin grin

Better don't mind that guy.

Is he not the one that initially said 10k will be enough before changing it to 60k after people quoted him?

4 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Nigerialagos: 9:37am On May 25, 2020
9jaHustler:

Call AA rescue, they will truck the car for you. It’s more secured and guaranteed
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by bonnyhope: 9:37am On May 25, 2020
Oluromantic:

Yeah fuel money-8k
His trans back-6k
Miscellaneous-6k
His workmanship-10k
That's 30k. So negotiate for 30-35k when u call him. Highest he'll end it at 40k

Can 8k fuel take you from Lag to Abj?
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by lizdammy: 9:37am On May 25, 2020
Trustme2:

Wait for this lockdown to pass. Don't risk it. Police go carry your money build house

cheesy
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by chinex11(m): 9:37am On May 25, 2020
obisite:

Put yourself in the drivers shoe.. Even if he knows the person..,, trans back to lagos is how much, what will be left with him after transporting himself back to lagos, except if he will give him trans to lagos back., every other exps on his way.. Then extra 10k - 15k for work done.. Which still little to me

30k - 40k isn't too much (Inclusive of police share on his way to abj)

If the owner is to go pick the car, and get back.. Check out his expenses, time spent and stress driving back to Abj...
40k is extra small my dad pays someone 40k to bring cars from lag to benin that's when Corona never come

He should just budget like 60-70k because those police will not collect the 1k they used to and customs will not collect the 5k they collect either

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:37am On May 25, 2020
9jaHustler:
Do you think 40 is a good deal to cover his transport to Lagos, fueling the car back and his profit?

It is. Don't forget most of them even carry passengers like 2 or 3.. that's about 15k extra! And as a police officer his expenses is greatly minimized
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by NigeriaB(m): 9:38am On May 25, 2020
Sorry guys, please I just want to know.

God forbid, not anticipating any form of negativity..

But supposing in the event of things, the driver has an accident with the car while delivering it to the owner and it's severely damaged....

Who bears the risk/cost and all?
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Karlifate: 9:38am On May 25, 2020
Exponental:

This analogy is terrible. cry cry cry cry You must be a labourer!!!! cool
You're wicked.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by airminem(f): 9:38am On May 25, 2020
I can link you to an active mobile police officer (gallant rugged Alpha female). Real quick he will deliver the cargo immediately, anywhere within the country
9jaHustler:

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by afecgivers: 9:39am On May 25, 2020
9jaHustler:

I have someone that specializes on this, I also live in Abuja, the guy help car dealers brings cars from Lagos and coutonu. He is guaranteed
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by BaronLord: 9:39am On May 25, 2020
A guy brought a car from Abuja to Lagos for me about 3 months ago at 45k only and I bet, the guy was so so happy with the deal.
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by chyket(m): 9:39am On May 25, 2020
You need to specify the brand and engine capacity because fuelling is one of the major consideration in costing.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by ableguy(m): 9:40am On May 25, 2020
ifnyioj22:
na wa for you! 10k from lag to Abj?? Is that for feeding alone? I payed 80k from lag to uyo, he settled his way to uyo..... 10k ke! Tell him not to pay at all!
Those ones don't what they are saying, I charged 65k to Warri just last week.
Transport from Warri back to Lagos thy were calling 10k, imaging how much came back with me.
After everything I was asking myself if it's worth the risk

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Subonbon(m): 9:40am On May 25, 2020
obisite:

Put yourself in the drivers shoe.. Even if he knows the person..,, trans back to lagos is how much, what will be left with him after transporting himself back to lagos, except if he will give him trans to lagos back., every other exps on his way.. Then extra 10k - 15k for work done.. Which still little to me

30k - 40k isn't too much (Inclusive of police share on his way to abj)

If the owner is to go pick the car, and get back.. Check out his expenses, time spent and stress driving back to Abj...
you are on point
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Amorprincesa24: 9:40am On May 25, 2020
You can fuel the car and give him 15k. That's what i did but mine then was from Lagos to Bayelsa
9jaHustler:

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by airminem(f): 9:40am On May 25, 2020
NigeriaB:
Sorry guys, please I just want to know.

God forbid, not anticipating any form of negativity..

But supposing in the event of things, the driver has an accident with the car while delivering it to the owner and it's severely damaged....

Who bears the risk/cost and all?
Both parties. But greater befold on you.
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Hezmatosky: 9:43am On May 25, 2020
That's my job. It used to be 40k, for like 6years now its 60k. But it depends on the owner and the driver. If the owner no get much and you the driver need money, we can consider. because sometimes if the owner no folo you, you can find passenger on the road and make more money grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Nobody: 9:43am On May 25, 2020
Oluromantic:

Yeah fuel money-8k
His trans back-6k
Miscellaneous-6k
His workmanship-10k
Fuel money 8k!! Lagos to Abuja it's obvious na legzus you dey use.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by apexx6372: 9:44am On May 25, 2020
[color=#] 1668828[/color]
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by apexx6372: 9:44am On May 25, 2020
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by nasbidemi(m): 9:44am On May 25, 2020
60k is bearly enough, compare to the rate of security on the high way now

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by Caseless: 9:45am On May 25, 2020
9jaHustler:

send me a private msg. I can link u with som1 at festac.
Re: How Much Should I Pay Someone To Drive My Car From Lagos To Abuja? by ableguy(m): 9:45am On May 25, 2020
bishopjoe02:

You are just running your mouth on things you no nothing about,
Fuel is between 8k to 10k if it is an old model car, but any new model car or Jeep/v8 fuel is like 15k to 17k

Each police check point he is suppose to pay between 200 to 500 for ordinary citizen, whether your paper is complete nor not, but since he is a police officer he wouldn't pay this

Custom check point is between 1000 or 2000 depending on the year of the car, he will pay this custom nor send police

Soldier check point is 200 to 500 depending on your negotiation skill, he will also pay this, even though he is a police officer

Police check point from Lagos to abj is between 20 to 30, soldier should b up to six and custom 10 or more.

There will be feeding and transport back to Lagos.

Experience person will charge you between 70k to 100k

If he charges anything less than that he will regret, those ones no know wetin dey happen.
Some settlement na 5k if they wan show you pepper, one was asking me my permit to move around.
Asking who am I to flaunt government order?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2020 Model Peugeot 508 Brand New Fully Loaded For Men. / I Am A Custom Clearing Agent Need My Services Call Me / Very Clean Tokunbo IVECO eight tyres container truck 30feet length for sale!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.