Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? (71630 Views)

COVID 19-I have lost sense of smell / Loss Of Sense Of Smell And Taste / Your Vagina Should Smell And If Your Man Doesn't Like It DUMP Him, Gynecologist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by iyenebari(m): 11:34am On May 28, 2020
I think it as a result of excessive use of nose mask without ironing then.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by hstar: 11:34am On May 28, 2020
ajimotoke:
Just recovered yestarday, 4 of my friends lost theirs too, it is well, but sincerely it has nothing to do with corona, I'm only suspecting that 5g of a thing they just activated in Nigeria
Are you sure about this?

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Folzye(m): 11:34am On May 28, 2020
Truth is Malaria like symptoms are rampant these days, just yesterday I actually felt like my nose and taste buds ain't picking up the right signals...fear gripped me as I remembered one of the symptoms of covid, but definitely not my portion grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Abidx22(m): 11:35am On May 28, 2020
Few points can be deduced from the forgoing:

Covid-19 is well and truly with us in Nigeria. For the naysayers and doubting Thomases, your cover has been blown away.

The virus is here for a long time, the earlier we key in to this new reality. The better.

It's amazing to find out that Nigerians and Africans are truly blessed with an extremely strong immune system compared with people from other climes. This indeed is a blessing.

The little things we take for granted (sense of smell and taste) are integral part of our lives which we should be grateful of.

10 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Jakumo(m): 11:35am On May 28, 2020
This flurry of identical reports coming in to this topic, and describing the loss of smell and taste senses, often coupled with fever chills and body aches symptomatically similar to malaria, is by far the most compelling anecdotal evidence that I have encountered online, revealing that a very large percentage of the Nigerian populace is ALREADY carrying the Corona virus, BUT with relatively mild symptoms, astonishingly.

By way of comparison, the nation of Brazil, whose tropical weather patterns are almost identical to those of Nigeria, is witnessing one of the HIGHEST mortality rates recorded anywhere on this planet, with bulldozers covering up lined-up caskets around the clock in vast new hastily prepared burial grounds. How it came to be THUS FAR, that two nations with identical climates could record such dramatically different effects of the virus contagion, is an utterly perplexing question that epidemiologists will ponder and debate for a long time to come.

Suffice to say, Nigeria and sub-Saharan Africa have been extraordinarily lucky thus far into the Corona virus pandemic, in comparison to virtually all other in inhabited regions of this pale blue planet, and the mystery of why this good fortune persists, may remain elusive for some time to come.

In the meantime, if anyone you know complains of losing their sense of smell or taste, run like your life depends on it, and don't go back there until the smoke clears and the contagion has burnt itself out as did the Ebola virus pandemic.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by marhoinspire: 11:35am On May 28, 2020
gameboy727:
No be only you OP. 3 of us in my family, me included, had Mild symptoms including loss of taste and smell, but we recovered after about 2 or 3 days. We are based in Kano by the way. A whole lot of people don catch coro and recover.
If I had not experienced it myself, I would have said its a lie.

I knw I had the virus, I took lots of vit C plus dogoyaro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Folzye(m): 11:36am On May 28, 2020
hstar:

Are you sure about this?

Very sure, something was just not right between Monday and yesterday
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Princewell2012(m): 11:36am On May 28, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:

Scam!

It is not a scam sister. I lost my sense of smelling about a week but it is back now . I have never experienced that in my entire life before.

6 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by teegeealiu: 11:37am On May 28, 2020
Yes, I did too. I asked people and they said I should treat malaria and typhoid. I bought malaria and typhoid drugs plus aboniki balm. I'm better now.

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Wierdceo: 11:37am On May 28, 2020
Yes yes yes exactly. I lost my smell and tase. It Was as if someone was blowing breeze inside my nose .I could not smell anything and I was feeling peperish inside my head and I always feel it in the middle of the night. I went to the chemist and they said it was typhoid fever and gave me this. The red one is blood medicine I guess .

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by CheedyJ(m): 11:37am On May 28, 2020
I lost both since Tuesday, never happened to me before though,I'm not scared but it feels weird to some extent..

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by hstar: 11:38am On May 28, 2020
blowjohn:
We plenty here for abuja.
I had like 4 people call me becos of that last week.
My brother also experienced it though only for 24 hours.
Could it be those chinese doctors?
It's not a new thing but it suddenly became so rampant about 5 weeks ago or so.
Yes u got it, around five weeks ago, dats when I encountered mine too.

But what do you mean by the Chinese Doctor s, are they here to spread disease or what?
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Salvador1: 11:38am On May 28, 2020
Lollypee:
Same here mehn... Bn suffering this for a week now, just recovered from malaria but still can't smell or taste nothing. Based in Lagos
same thing with me I just recover from a serious malaria yet my sense of taste and smell is not yet back and I'm in Lagos too .

God oooo
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Dominatrix(f): 11:38am On May 28, 2020
My cereals tasted bitter this morning, WTF!

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by anthony86(m): 11:38am On May 28, 2020
I had mine first week of March, loss of smell and taste, sour throat and persistent cough and fever. I isolated myself and started boosting my immune system with vitamins, zinc and foliate capsules, started eating right and stayed off achohol, gradually all the symptoms dissappeared

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by apexx360: 11:38am On May 28, 2020
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Emmanuelvictor: 11:38am On May 28, 2020
I had the same symptoms about a week ago and gradually recovering. 3 days ago my wife took over with the same symptoms (loss of taste and smell ). Infact she was really scared that she’s pregnant on our 5 months old baby. She has treated with chloroquine injection and tablets but still had mild body aches and haven’t recovered from loss of smell and taste. I think there is something else in town we don’t know.

6 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by astonished: 11:38am On May 28, 2020
NCDC representative now in this forum to convince people to accept reality of their SCAMdemic

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Norabay(f): 11:38am On May 28, 2020
I had both but taste is back
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Salvador1: 11:39am On May 28, 2020
Wierdceo:
Yes yes yes exactly. I lost my smell and tase. It Was as if someone was blowing breeze inside my nose .I could not smell anything and I was feeling peperish inside my head and I always feel it in the middle of the night. I went to the chemist and they said it was typhoid fever and gave me this. The red one is blood medicine I guess .
is the drug working at all bro
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by crownwealth: 11:40am On May 28, 2020
I blame Mohomodu Buharin
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by jlo247(m): 11:40am On May 28, 2020
Some time last month I loose my sense of taste and smell completely but now I'm fully recovered..

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Salvador1: 11:41am On May 28, 2020
Revolva:
It happened to me well and I am now back this was last three week men it started with a slight fever oooo

Take this drugs and it will be ok

M and B 33 tablet one tablet three times a day with 1000mg of vitamin C tablet

Then always eat fruits and eat ginger as well

It's. Not related to covid at all
are u sure it is not related to covid19 cos it is too rampant

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by nachinaGod: 11:41am On May 28, 2020
I also lost my sense of taste n smell last month..infact food no get taste for my mouth and i no even fut smell shit self...after taking malaria drugs i am ok....
Lost of smell n taste all dis stuff na malaria symptoms ....
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Celob(m): 11:41am On May 28, 2020
loss of smell and taste is a recently identified symptom of coronavirus.people with this symptom have a mild form of coronavirus and would easily recover.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by apexx274: 11:42am On May 28, 2020
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by gameboy727(m): 11:42am On May 28, 2020
marhoinspire:

If I had not experienced it myself, I would have said its a lie.

I knw I had the virus, I took lots of vit C plus dogoyaro
Lol. It's quite crazy. One part of you refuses to believe you have the virus, but the symptoms says otherwise.

We were on vitamin C, zinc sulphate and malaria drugs for the duration of our symptoms.

2 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by ajimotoke(m): 11:43am On May 28, 2020
hstar:

Are you sure about this?

I'm only suspecting, lost of smell and taste happens in like 4 to 5 states now, and this state was where 5g was activated recently.. I'm telling you, few people will relate to this.
Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by CaptainFM1: 11:44am On May 28, 2020
czarr:
Almost everyone in my family and church have lost their sense of smell and taste and recovered recently....which is a symptom of corona virus.

Are we all infected and recovering on our own?
after all there is a 98% recovery rate.

You may not show any serious signs of Covid-19. (Asymptomatic). And that is what makes it even more dangerous because you can infect your entire street or community with it without even knowing. You may even have recovered without knowing you have passed through the "covid-19 phase". Meanwhile you could have killed an unknown and innocent soul unknowingly simply because his system cannot fight as hard as yours or because of some other health conditions of his.

The best you can do is to "Cover your mouth and nose" - Use your face mask. It helps you to protect others. It helps the society to prevent spreading. You show respect to others by doing so. You show you care for your neighbours.

Not forgetting to wash your hands regularly and observe physical distancing as required.

God Bless you as you do.

5 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by Nickymezor(f): 11:44am On May 28, 2020
Gosh, so many ppl had this shit here...

1 Like

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by hstar: 11:46am On May 28, 2020
martineverest:
u believe the doctor?....that was corona.ur case is the more severe on this thread..protect yourself to avoid second wave of infection
Bros, I've noticed you that you are more concerned about this corona issue, I noticed u in a thread about 'mysterious death in bonny, river state'
Why are you so much concerned?
Are you a medic. Doctor?
Or one of government agencies?
No offense intended, please reply my questions

3 Likes

Re: Who Else Has Lost Sense Of Smell And Taste? by ajimotoke(m): 11:47am On May 28, 2020
czarr:
its not a total loss of taste but a significant loss of taste.

Mine was total lost o, I even enter toilet I no perceive anything at all, but I'm fully recovered.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Turkish Airlines Staff Dies In Istanbul Due To Nigerian Mosquito Bite (Photo) / 74 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Kano Confirmed By Governor Ganduje / Coronavirus: Panda Supermarket, Abuja Shut Down By FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.