Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,962 members, 7,828,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations - Celebrities (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations (93892 Views)

Davido Reaches Out To Cynthia Morgan, Offers To Help / Paul Okoye Reacts To Peter Okoye's threat of suing promoter / Peter Okoye Reacts To Atiku And Peter Obi's Performance On #ngthecandidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by Xclusiveme: 11:47pm On May 24, 2020
Exc2000:
shocked

see him criminal face, how would Cynthia Morgan owe you $40 million dollars, or whoping N16 billion naira( even Davido no dey shout 30 billion for the account again)... when no be say Cynthia Morgan na Oil lisence or Oil Rig for rivers state, wey she go owe you $40million.... Na the Childish Tunde EggBuns them fit use spread this kin $40m lies

how can someone ask you to clearify if you kept your artist in the BQ and made him sleep on a carton with other domestic staff, make him ghost write for PSquare without any credit or financial gain and you smartly dodged the question by claiming to spend $100,000 on him and he demanded to have a house in Lekki and a car, why not answer the question in a straight forward manner

Did u watch the video? Its 40Million naira

7 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by Xclusiveme: 11:49pm On May 24, 2020
Airforce1:
This Jude is an idiot , a thief and a dream killer

40million dollars untop which agreement

E no go better for you

Did u watch the video and heard 40 million dollars

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by Xclusiveme: 11:52pm On May 24, 2020
Woleett:
Later dem go say na yoruba no let dem blow for industry when na dem dey do themselves. Apart from don jazzy I never see any other igbo from phyno to illbliss wey really pave the way for fellow igbos in this industry. Even humble Smith na davido and tiwa savage give am platform to shine small his own brothers neglected him. Ordinary Zlatan and naira marley wey start yesterday don already get their own squad. Mk I see any igbo bastard wey go shout yoruba for that music industry again.

Lol u no lie. Igbos hate each other
Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by Xclusiveme: 11:53pm On May 24, 2020
jericco1:
$40m your entire family aren't worth that amount bro. Please calm down undecided

Lalasticlala made a mistake

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by moshino(m): 11:53pm On May 24, 2020
Davash222:
I'm just wondering what Cynthia Morgan bought from Jude that she's owing him 40Million dollars.

Where did you see $40million? Illiterate, maybe?

3 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by TheYoda: 11:53pm On May 24, 2020
Xclusiveme:

Did u watch the video and heard 40 million dollars
Most of this IDIOTS commenting, didn't watch the video. Poor idiots with their 100 naira data can not even afford to watch the video but still comment rubbish. He said in the video 40M NAIRA . If you watch the video, he definitely seems sincere, he needs to hire good PR, can't be keeping quiet and allow people say shit and get away with it for so longggggg

8 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by Xclusiveme: 11:54pm On May 24, 2020
kingthreat:
40 million dollars? Jude Okoye is a pathological liar

Did u even watch the video
Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by segun18(m): 11:54pm On May 24, 2020
thorpido:
Forty million dollars for what na?

He must have mistype.Dont read too much reading into it
Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by moshino(m): 11:55pm On May 24, 2020
Xclusiveme:

Lol u no lie. Igbos hate each other

Same way you hate your mother?

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by Xclusiveme: 11:58pm On May 24, 2020
moshino:

Same way you hate your mother?

Why would you think i hate my mother
Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by shaw2(m): 11:58pm On May 24, 2020
Naira has changed to dollars
Oboy read well ooo so you won't blame ur teachers for ur failures
Exc2000:
shocked

see him criminal face, how would Cynthia Morgan owe you $40 million dollars, or whoping N16 billion naira( even Davido no dey shout 30 billion for the account again)... when no be say Cynthia Morgan na Oil lisence or Oil Rig for rivers state, wey she go owe you $40million.... Na the Childish Tunde EggBuns them fit use spread this kin $40m lies

how can someone ask you to clearify if you kept your artist in the BQ and made him sleep on a carton with other domestic staff, make him ghost write for PSquare without any credit or financial gain and you smartly dodged the question by claiming to spend $100,000 on him and he demanded to have a house in Lekki and a car, why not answer the question in a straight forward manner

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by aystunt: 12:00am On May 25, 2020
I really don't understand. Where did the story of $40m come out of. Is it just to despise Jude more? Only if you all can just watch Judes side of the story. If you are well into the entertainment industry when Cynthia Morgan was reigning you all will know she is a smaller version of Burna when it comes to pride.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by Tonnyray: 12:02am On May 25, 2020
In all honesty Jude should be the one suing.
I'm not one given to cheap public sentiments and definitely anti-entitlement mentality.
A lot of what I read here is just totally off and pathetic.

5 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by shaw2(m): 12:13am On May 25, 2020
It's only a fool that will side any of them.

One day the whole truth will prevail.

May D claimed he was poorly treated, how is he treating the people around him currently.

What has stage name got to do with someone's talent? If they take away ur stage name create another one, entertain your fans it's called entertainment industry not stage industry.

After u have squandered ur savings u come up to social media to show people ur depressed face, u think it's only u that is battling depression.

If u need financial help swallow your ego and ask for help.
In retrospect, I can remember vividly how u threw jabs at Davido, now the same Davido is reaching out to u. Egomaniac is a bitch.

5 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by didinetlove: 12:17am On May 25, 2020
Davash222:
I'm just wondering what Cynthia Morgan bought from Jude that she's owing him 40Million dollars.

He said 40Million Naira not dollars. Even the write up states 40Million Naira

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by Nobody: 12:18am On May 25, 2020
Both Jude Okoye and Cynthia Morgan should show the contract and other documents to back thier claims . It is not by mouth. May D claims he wrote songs for P Square, some of their greatest hits. Sue them or let it go. Let it be a learning process for him.
Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by fidelson(m): 12:19am On May 25, 2020
How can 3 artist that worked with Jude are saying he is greedy? The best he can do to redem his image is to get an artist who can say Good about him. Wetin na? Olamide & Mavin records get artist too oh. I guess it was jude's greed that seperated P square, cos monkey dey work & baboo dey chop.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by steppin: 12:24am On May 25, 2020
teemy:
Lalasticlala, I am disappointed at this point. It is people's lives we are talking about and so for no statement to correct your mistake?

Am glad you've done so now.*

True, you lifted it from the guardian website but with so much misinformation about the 40m, by now I expected you would having clarified with a correction that the said money was in naira and not in dollars. The inconceivability of it being in dollars is what's generating more negative vibes against this Jude and you should have edited in your own line corrected it at the end of the quote. Seun, look into this if nairaland has not gone the way of clout chasing tabloids.

For the sake of those who don't have data to go through, I will do a breakdown of what Jude said.

1. He did not draft the contract between him and Cynthia, Cynthia's manager at the time did. He just copied it on to his letterhead and it became the official contract.

2. He does not hold any rights to Cynthia's name as no court of law could even have granted that and as such was not stopping her from using her own birth name. Her social media accounts under her name have still been operated by Cynthia since. Cynthia left before her contract expired and he did not sue her or drag her around.

3. He made 13 videos for her promoted by vevo at the rate of 3m naira each. This was the amount rounded up as 40m naira. He did not explicitly say he is yet to recover the amount in full and I won't be filling in that blank for him. Cynthia's ex manager has on a social media platform confirmed this 40m amount as a debt on Cynthia and a friend to Cynthia's current manager reached out to her to forgo Cynthia's errors and let bygone be bygones.

4. On the issue with MayD, there was no contract signed and thus no liabilities nor obligations despite haven spent a hundred thousand dollars $100,000 on him thus far. MayD was not satisfied with the deal as he wanted more.

5. P-Square could be back again but Jude himself would not be involved. The twins do not have any issue between themselves but rather, Peter was the one having an issue with him and he had tried his best to try to make peace with him all to no avail. Said that till date, Peter never told him what exactly was his wrongdoing.

My view:
I personally believe this guy and will say he has no fault from all I've read from both words for and against him. He also seems to have been liberal with the artists and they took liberty for granted.

I believe you should take good care of your artistes but without any contracts, there is no obligation. Because MayD was sleeping in the boys quarters with the driver, does not make him any less human. Nothing stopped the lad from sleeping in his own house and coming to work on his music during the day if he felt where he was sleeping was not convenient. Some of us have had to sleep in our offices for long periods just to better our futures. And when his huge break came, he rejected the deal. He has a right to but he should have acknowledged the money spent on him at the time was part of what laid the groundwork for what he is now. Appreciation not condemnation should have been his utterance.

For Cynthia, i look at the outburst on someone who should have sued her and anyone who made a mistake of associating with her within her contract period but kept totally silent and then goes on to try to tarnish that person because she don't have rights to the vevo videos she did not pay for nor waited till costs were recouped. She should take another look at her contract agreement.

Peter and Jude issue is a family matter and I won't bother saying anything on that.

To nairalanders that commented and were sentimental especially over the 40m ish, I recommend watching video yourselves later in future as there are lots of half truths and lies popping up daily.

Wishing you well - Teemy
Bro, you're one in a million.
I'll copy your post and post it somewhere else.
No permission needed. I gave myself one grin

6 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by jaxxy(m): 12:36am On May 25, 2020
Riele:
Bullshit !

Lies upon lies . Now I'm confused on who to believe .

Las Las , I believe that carton boy .

Cartoon boy was unfairly used bt he was also greedy at the end. The contract he was given didn't address previous work he had done without a contract. Jude claims he spent $100,000 on MayD bt didn't state the earnings MayD made for him and psquare during the contractless partnership with MayD having no account or penny to his name beside Gucci shoes and cloths Jude bought him in shops will travelling. Lol

It's a crazy, messed up and complex situation.

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by Upright750: 12:41am On May 25, 2020
See what cost of MB is coursing here, many people here didn't play the video because of lack of MB and they just capitalise on other's mistake to believe it's $40m when the actual amount is #40m naira.. Nawaoo. Let's stop being sentiment and be logical. Both may have one truth of the other and ine lie or the other.. When you feel cheated go to court. That's how it's done in developed counties you guys have been to.

6 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by IAMBlesssed(f): 12:57am On May 25, 2020
teemy:
Lalasticlala, I am disappointed at this point. It is people's lives we are talking about and so for no statement to correct your mistake?

True, you lifted it from the guardian website but with so much misinformation about the 40m, by now I expected you would having clarified with a correction that the said money was in naira and not in dollars. The inconceivability of it being in dollars is what's generating more negative vibes against this Jude and you should have edited in your own line corrected it at the end of the quote. Seun, look into this if nairaland has not gone the way of clout chasing tabloids.

For the sake of those who don't have data to go through, I will do a breakdown of what Jude said.

1. He did not draft the contract between him and Cynthia, Cynthia's manager at the time did. He just copied it on to his letterhead and it became the official contract.

2. He does not hold any rights to Cynthia's name as no court of law could even have granted that and as such was not stopping her from using her own birth name. Her social media accounts under her name have still been operated by Cynthia since. Cynthia left before her contract expired and he did not sue her or drag her around.

3. He made 13 videos for her promoted by vevo at the rate of 3m naira each. This was the amount rounded up as 40m naira. He did not explicitly say he is yet to recover the amount in full and I won't be filling in that blank for him. Cynthia's ex manager has on a social media platform confirmed this 40m amount as a debt on Cynthia and a friend to Cynthia's current manager reached out to her to forgo Cynthia's errors and let bygone be bygones.

4. On the issue with MayD, there was no contract signed and thus no liabilities nor obligations despite haven spent a hundred thousand dollars $100,000 on him thus far. MayD was not satisfied with the deal as he wanted more.

5. P-Square could be back again but Jude himself would not be involved. The twins do not have any issue between themselves but rather, Peter was the one having an issue with him and he had tried his best to try to make peace with him all to no avail. Said that till date, Peter never told him what exactly was his wrongdoing.

My view:
I personally believe this guy and will say he has no fault from all I've read from both words for and against him. He also seems to have been liberal with the artists and they took liberty for granted.

I believe you should take good care of your artistes but without any contracts, there is no obligation. Because MayD was sleeping in the boys quarters with the driver, does not make him any less human. Nothing stopped the lad from sleeping in his own house and coming to work on his music during the day if he felt where he was sleeping was not convenient. Some of us have had to sleep in our offices for long periods just to better our futures. And when his huge break came, he rejected the deal. He has a right to but he should have acknowledged the money spent on him at the time was part of what laid the groundwork for what he is now. Appreciation not condemnation should have been his utterance.

For Cynthia, i look at the outburst on someone who should have sued her and anyone who made a mistake of associating with her within her contract period but kept totally silent and then goes on to try to tarnish that person because she don't have rights to the vevo videos she did not pay for nor waited till costs were recouped. She should take another look at her contract agreement.

Peter and Jude issue is a family matter and I won't bother saying anything on that.

To nairalanders that commented and were sentimental especially over the 40m ish, I recommend watching video yourselves later in future as there are lots of half truths and lies popping up daily.

Wishing you well - Teemy

Well-done..

pls do create a fresh thread on this so that nairalanders who couldn't watch the interview will know the details. I'm disappointed at most comments here honestly. It goes to show why our country is still backwards. So many people who haven't managed a single business in their lives are here making noise..
I don't understand our sense of entitlement and sentiments over business issues. May D was complaining of sleeping in a boy's quarters you can imagine..He wasn't Jude's responsibility and wasn't grateful for the help he was rendered. You see why many people don't render help anymore? I ve had this kind of experience and I know how painful it can be.If Nigerian youths do not change their entitlement mentality, I'm afraid so many will miss their destiny helpers..

7 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by IAMBlesssed(f): 1:00am On May 25, 2020
blackgold2018:
shut up
No he is saying the truth. Until you have an encounter, you won't understand..

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by DriggityDre: 1:01am On May 25, 2020
DAVE5:
Chris Brown is worth about $40M only?
I thought the guy would be rolling in like $500M range ohh
Ah-ah grin
No car is that price na.

And burna boy said he had more than $3.5M way back?
Maybe, maybe not.

I'm not understanding again ohh
Shei me sef no go talk say I get $100M like this?

Yes, if you know what you're doing, sure grin

Lol. Look past the numbers, focus on the currency.
Dollar has a very high market value grin
Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by lastchild: 1:06am On May 25, 2020
I believe jude, simple

And I didn't hear 40 million dollars, what I heard was 40 million naira

3 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by greggng: 1:07am On May 25, 2020
We have so many educated illiterate in nauraland ....I have no apology for this statement . Jude said 40million naira but the illiterates say 40milliin dollars....they don't know the difference

8 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by DriggityDre: 1:07am On May 25, 2020
smith4real1980:
40 million naira, nt dollars
Seen. It was OP's error.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by LedRock: 1:09am On May 25, 2020
moshino:

Where did you see $40million? Illiterate, maybe?
Lalasticlala typed 40million dollars, he later edited it.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by ledamaster(m): 1:19am On May 25, 2020
Prymestrr:
This guy Jude sounds like a user. 40 million dollars in audio money.
It's a proven fact that in the entertainment industry all over the world, all these talentless paper pushers like Jude have been ripping off the true artistes of the rewards that came as a result of their talent. Sony music and Michael Jackson will always be a point of reference.
And all these useless naija record labels are owned by nonsense people who are just out to enrich themselves by exploiting the blood and sweat of the true artistes. They are the real monsters.

Modified: he said 40 million naira in the video. Lalastica clearly made a mistake in his transcript.

Now all those kids quoting me without their brains should go and grow some. No be everybody get time to entertain wannabe online bullies like you all.
Gerrout of my mentions please.
1. Its 40m naira not dollars. 2. Nobody stop the artistes from getting a decent lawyer to look at the contracts. Just borrow 25k if u have to, pay a smart lawyer to point out loopholes and explain everything in plain english. 3. Ignorance is not an excuse in law, dem knw force u to sign away ur life. Olodu i won blow by fire by force. 4. Since you are a father chrismas, go and invest ur own money in those artiste na.

5 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by Seun360(m): 1:23am On May 25, 2020
From the insta live session, you could see that Jude is rattled already, obviously, there is some ray of light at the end of the tunnel for Cynthia Morgan.

1 Like

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by festivial: 1:23am On May 25, 2020
Do I assume English assimilation and digestion is now a problem? or the covid outbreak is affecting few people....I tried to read over and over ,I couldn't find where dollar was written with d 40m.instead I saw Naira....how much is Jude himself and Morgan? please let's endeavour to read extensively before dropping our comments.may be you guys were fighting for space I guess.abahh

2 Likes

Re: Jude Okoye Reacts To Cynthia Morgan And May D’s Allegations by Finnese001: 1:33am On May 25, 2020
teemy:

My view:

Wishing you well - Teemy

to add to what you said bro, lalasticlala bleeped up real time, he misled a lot of poor people here who probably is on free mode.

Remedy to that is for him (Lalasticlala) to create another thread to clear These misinformed people about his mistake, Because modifying it won't change anything.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Ini Edo And Mike Godson Are Dating (Photos) / Recent Picture Of Jet Li Will Shock You / Daniel D'Third Dead: The Swimming Pool In D'banj's House That Drowned His Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.