Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,808 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. (1627 Views)

For Men, Can You Marry A Lady With This Ideology? / All The Men I Cooked For Didn't Marry Me - Young Lady Recounts On Twitter / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Bigbako(m): 6:08pm On May 25, 2020
I don't really like talking about Love, Relationship bla bla bla, because of its complicated nature. After all I'm a small Boy, wha do I know ?.... But this one has been paining me for a long time now, so I gats air my view maybe those Broda doing it will stop .
Do you know that majority of the 'yes' recorded in "Will You Marry Me" public proposal is simply because the Lady Doesn't want to humilate the guy ?
Proposal in Public places is cute, no doubt, it gives the 'Awwwnnn' feeling we all like. The joy of seeing lovebirds who are about to make a lifetime decision.
My opinion is; I see it as a Rape of the Girl's mind. Because at that point in time, she is circled by people whose hearts just got pierced by the arrow of cupid.
Some Screaming, Some whispering;
'SAY YES' --- All to her hearing, trying to Influence her decision !
There is difference between Romance and pressure. Publicly asking someone to spend the rest of their lives with you is often shown as being this super romantic, amazing thing.But you know what? It puts an awful lot of pressure on the person you’re Asking.
She'll roll her eyeballs and looked round, She'll see countless Smartphones with cameras set for recording and snapping this once in a lifetime moment. All to be posted on social media. So beautiful, right ?
But she's not ready for this. She just met Uncle on his knees not quite long and not ready to walk the aisle with him. They're dating, fine, but Marriage is a total different Ball game.
If she says 'No' , World people will trend the video and label her all sorts- even though they don't know the story.
Facebook Live, Instagram, Twitter, everywhere, you name it !
She will become a victim of cyber bullies and outright hatred.
What about the Groom wannabe on his knees ?... He will feel broken and humiliated. The same crowd cheering him few minutes ago will in turn 'Boo' him. I've seen videos of this happen, trust me, none of them will walk up to console him.
But she's just human, she's scared, she doesn't want to be the reason for someone's pain. So she said 'Yes' with tears running down her cheeks.
People clapped and cheered saying its tears of joy.........
Hell no !...... Those her tears of a girl whose mind just got Raped by your unwanted 'Say yes' penetration into her consciousness by relentless means.
Proposing privately is ideal because it's discreet, awesome and heartfelt. If you're looking for a sincere answer to your "Will You Marry Me"........ Then i think you should shun proposing in public places !

_____________ My opinion though, I'll be glad to hear yours !

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by JOACHINpedro: 6:12pm On May 25, 2020
Correct G grin

But come to think of it guys sef dy mumu angry , with the high rate of divorces currently being recorded, I strongly recommend that guys should Isolatedly propose to their girlfriends in a vacuum!. Marriage no dy predictable again

Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by boscho(m): 6:13pm On May 25, 2020
You are right bro and its even too common

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by doggedfighter(f): 6:14pm On May 25, 2020
Choice

2 Likes

Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by lightangel65i(m): 6:18pm On May 25, 2020
Public proposals is a technique made to force the girl to say yes.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Bigbako(m): 6:25pm On May 25, 2020
JOACHINpedro:
Correct G grin

But come to think of it guys sef dy mumu angry , with the high rate of divorces currently being recorded, I strongly recommend that guys should Isolatedly propose to their girlfriends in a vacuum!. Marriage no dy predictable again

Absolutely......... fairy tale marriage today..... Online quarrel tomorrow..... so saddening!
Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Bigbako(m): 6:26pm On May 25, 2020
lightangel65i:
Public proposals is a technique made to force the girl to say yes.
grin Thank you for banking with me jare
Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Bigbako(m): 6:27pm On May 25, 2020
boscho:
You are right bro and its even too common

thank God say you sef you see am!
Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Deicide: 6:37pm On May 25, 2020
It's only simps that do stupid stuff like that. It's a girl that suppose to be begging you, rolling on the floor pleading for you to marry them.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by AngelicDamsel(f): 6:43pm On May 25, 2020
Public proposals, to me is mere acting. You see the whites do it and you want to act your own.
Ask the guy why the public show.
Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Andali(m): 7:54pm On May 25, 2020
Bigbako:

I don't really like talking about Love, Relationship bla bla bla, because of its complicated nature. After all I'm a small Boy, wha do I know ?.... But this one has been paining me for a long time now, so I gats air my view maybe those Broda doing it will stop .
Do you know that majority of the 'yes' recorded in "Will You Marry Me" public proposal is simply because the Lady Doesn't want to humilate the guy ?
Proposal in Public places is cute, no doubt, it gives the 'Awwwnnn' feeling we all like. The joy of seeing lovebirds who are about to make a lifetime decision.
My opinion is; I see it as a Rape of the Girl's mind. Because at that point in time, she is circled by people whose hearts just got pierced by the arrow of cupid.
Some Screaming, Some whispering;
'SAY YES' --- All to her hearing, trying to Influence her decision !
There is difference between Romance and pressure. Publicly asking someone to spend the rest of their lives with you is often shown as being this super romantic, amazing thing.But you know what? It puts an awful lot of pressure on the person you’re Asking.
She'll roll her eyeballs and looked round, She'll see countless Smartphones with cameras set for recording and snapping this once in a lifetime moment. All to be posted on social media. So beautiful, right ?
But she's not ready for this. She just met Uncle on his knees not quite long and not ready to walk the aisle with him. They're dating, fine, but Marriage is a total different Ball game.
If she says 'No' , World people will trend the video and label her all sorts- even though they don't know the story.
Facebook Live, Instagram, Twitter, everywhere, you name it !
She will become a victim of cyber bullies and outright hatred.
What about the Groom wannabe on his knees ?... He will feel broken and humiliated. The same crowd cheering him few minutes ago will in turn 'Boo' him. I've seen videos of this happen, trust me, none of them will walk up to console him.
But she's just human, she's scared, she doesn't want to be the reason for someone's pain. So she said 'Yes' with tears running down her cheeks.
People clapped and cheered saying its tears of joy.........
Hell no !...... Those her tears of a girl whose mind just got Raped by your unwanted 'Say yes' penetration into her consciousness by relentless means.
Proposing privately is ideal because it's discreet, awesome and heartfelt. If you're looking for a sincere answer to your "Will You Marry Me"........ Then i think you should shun proposing in public places !

_____________ My opinion though, I'll be glad to hear yours !
Op dis is just d bad side of public proposals... I can certainly tell u dat there r many ladies hu wud love their man to propose to dem publicly. After all...weda public or privately, if she says no d guy go still feel am. its a matter of choice boss, some pple like it, some don't. but personally, I don't intend to propose publicly sha

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by oluspicy: 8:00pm On May 25, 2020
Just for you

Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Bola146(f): 9:46pm On May 25, 2020
Exactly, I love my privacy, everything should not be shown
Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Okoroawusa: 9:52pm On May 25, 2020
AngelicDamsel:
Public proposals, to me is mere acting. You see the whites do it and you want to act your own.
Ask the guy why the public show.
I love your make up
Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by AngelicDamsel(f): 10:42pm On May 25, 2020
Okoroawusa:

I love your make up

No dp, why?
Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Okoroawusa: 10:43pm On May 25, 2020
AngelicDamsel:

No dp, why?
Are you not the person on the profile pic?
Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by AngelicDamsel(f): 11:08pm On May 25, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Are you not the person on the profile pic?

I was talking about you. Your dp.

Complementing one's makeup and not the person is not so cool. Thanks all the same.

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Okoroawusa: 11:10pm On May 25, 2020
AngelicDamsel:

Complementing one's makeup and not the person is not so cool. Thanks all the same.
Ohhhhh! Sorry.

You are a beautiful girl. Don't mind me I just wanted to tease you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by AngelicDamsel(f): 10:03am On May 26, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Ohhhhh! Sorry.

You are a beautiful girl. Don't mind me I just wanted to tease you.

Okay, thanks. wink wink

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by StrikeBack(m): 11:25am On May 26, 2020
All for the gram. I don’t understand why I would propose to you and fiam I’ll see it on Instagram or any social media platform

My sister, we have come to the end of the relationship.

My privacy is non negotiable

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Bigbako(m): 12:36pm On May 26, 2020
Deicide:
It's only simps that do stupid stuff like that. It's a girl that suppose to be begging you, rolling on the floor pleading for you to marry them.

grin highly Patriarchal grin grin

Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Bigbako(m): 12:38pm On May 26, 2020
grin grin grin
AngelicDamsel:

Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Bigbako(m): 12:39pm On May 26, 2020
StrikeBack:
All for the gram. I don’t understand why I would propose to you and fiam I’ll see it on Instagram or any social media platform

My sister, we have come to the end of the relationship.

My privacy is non negotiable

"My privacy is non negotiable"....... word!
Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Iykesonwhyte(m): 1:16pm On May 26, 2020
You’re absolutely right and I strongly concur to your opinion on this public proposal thingy...truly got me on this bruv grin grin grin grin
Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 26, 2020
It's an attention-seeking, emotional blackmail stunt.

1 Like

Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Ishilove: 2:06pm On May 26, 2020
Your English is plenty. After saying yes in public, tell him no in private. Life is not hard
Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Bigbako(m): 5:42pm On May 26, 2020
Ishilove:
Your English is plenty. After saying yes in public, tell him no in private. Life is not hard

ahhhhh!
you want to kii person niyen o!
Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Bigbako(m): 5:46pm On May 26, 2020
Iykesonwhyte:
You’re absolutely right and I strongly concur to your opinion on this public proposal thingy...truly got me on this bruv grin grin grin grin

i'm glad i did!
Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Mrkcee(m): 6:14am On May 28, 2020
This writeup is so true. Some fools who think themselves men will even go as far as proposing to their student girlfriends on the day of their exam; who does that?.... Even without somehow discussing the topic with her as to consider her reaction (a girl u just met weeks ago). Na wa o.

As for me, I am not a fan of public proposals!
Infact, I AM NOT A MAN OR PREACHER OF LOVE... I'M A FIGHT... I'M A BATTLE.... I'M... (you can completei it) grin
Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Shormiey(m): 6:15am On May 28, 2020
doggedfighter:
Choice
It's bullshit.....I ain't doing one.....I will do it inside the room with surprise..
Re: Why I Hate Public "Will You Marry Me" Proposal. by Maxxim: 7:10am On May 28, 2020
The act doesn't seem manly, same time I can't judge men who have done dis, every one for em self

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Done Under Sickness? / Why Men End Up With Wrong Women And Women With Best Men / Few Moments Before Death Stroke Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.