Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? (54022 Views)

Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? / Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" / What's The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 28, 2020
Bola146:
Good forbid I marry a man like my father, I pray that I marry a man so good, caring and generous like my mom
You make me laugh so hard.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by emerged01(m): 12:44pm On May 28, 2020
Yes I can marry someone like mother. But she should have a listening ears.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Mdmelijah: 12:46pm On May 28, 2020
mikeybrainy:
For me I wouldn't try it, I can never marry someone like my mom. If I try that I would end up in an asylum.

She is a good mother, though not perfect (nobody is).

Some of my reasons are:

Nagging (like the neigbours can narrate everything happening in our house if asked to)
Involving strangers in family issues (like she says everything)

She can't ever take the blame for anything (blames everyone for her woes, and she is never wrong)

She wants to collect back every single penny she spends in the house (which is impossible)
Incites the children against their father (never realized this until I grew up and started thinking like a man, and honestly I'm sorry for all the ways I have acted to my dad, though my own is still fair, my siblings have complete disregard for their father)

Other things too that I can't mention here (makes me feel ashamed.

I realized all these when I started looking at everything from the lens of a struggling husband and father, and I'm still contemplating if marriage is worth it after all, I might as well stay single.... (I only date and break up with girls in my mind, Lol) cos I don't think its worth all the stress. Growing up in a broken, dysfunctional home is hard (sighs).

I wouldn't put all the blame on my Mom but I have resolved not to imbibe my dad's bad habits too (I can't even drink 1% alcohol not because I can't or it's bad, but I run away from it when I think of the things dad would have achieved, if he were not addicted to it)

Sorry for the long post.

Can you marry someone like your mom/dad?

Opinions
Please don't let your parents story define your future. It sure is a lesson in life of how to choice right and I'm glad you learnt to honor your father.

Marriage can be simple and not so stressful when while one is single they learn the Holy Spirit's path to it and not the carnal route.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 28, 2020
softplace:
Even in my sleep i cant marry any of them
Lol, you made my day
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Iamtoowise: 12:48pm On May 28, 2020
Righteousness89:
I will oo!

Somebody like my Mother Especially in the Aspect of Her Spirtual Life !

If u don't have a Spiritual back up like my Mum, Wahala de!

That Woman was my back up even when I was Spirtually Empty!

With the things I did , I should be a Dead man if not for her prayers!
Stupid abscondee
Men dy eye you. angry
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by gmoney009(m): 12:53pm On May 28, 2020
Definitely it would be an honour to marry a woman like my mum.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by JasperVII(m): 12:54pm On May 28, 2020
Of course I would marry someone like my mum, in a heartbeat. She's not perfect yes but damn she's the best. What I wouldn't want is to become my father

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by SmartyPants(m): 12:55pm On May 28, 2020
Abbeylanre15:
Hey! This should be my post if I'm not mistaken. Why is someone else taking the credit?

The content of his thread is different. This is not academic work that you should be tussling for credit for.

So you now have a monopoly over this question?

6 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by richeeyo(m): 12:55pm On May 28, 2020
Bastard pikin every where this days
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by incogni2o: 12:58pm On May 28, 2020
mikeybrainy:
For me I wouldn't try it, I can never marry someone like my mom. If I try that I would end up in an asylum.

Sorry for the long post.

Opinions

Genset:
I never pray to marry someone like my dad. God help me
DonBenny77:
No please

Yustash001:
Not like my Dad at all

Bola146:
Good forbid I marry a man like my father, I pray that I marry a man so good, caring and generous like my mom

SweetCunt97:
No No

Karleb:
Nope!

I certainly don't want to be like my Dad when I get married and I wouldn't want my son/daughter to be like myself or whoever their mum would be.

Fidelismaria:

no
Because marriage is scam

Amanee:
If na play, abeg stop am
A man like my dad? NEVER

For all you trying to look for perfect Parents.

call yourself hypocrites.

at this stage , you should have been able to look at the pros and cons and know how to manage/live with someone like you dad/mum.

no one might be able to satisfy one who can't look past the inadequacies of others.

Perfect marriage is hard work from both parties.

no one is better

pick the beam from you eye before pointing the moth in the eye of others.

That's what make us good Men.

There are things my Mum does I wouldn't like to end up with someone like her and other things I wish my wife was like her

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by noble2faith(m): 1:00pm On May 28, 2020
Rozz:
I will marry someone like my dad over and over again.Infact I have been looking for someone with my dad's qualities but it seems to have gone into extinction lol.

We haven't gone into extinction. We are here and we are single.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by EHoudini: 1:09pm On May 28, 2020
I can come to this world a thousand times and in a thousand time; if I am clairvoyant and see the future, I wont- dare not.

I can completely relate with this post.
My mum was, she's late now, the most sadistic woman and may be in part responsible for our dad's early passage (almost 30 years before hers).

The saddest part of it all was that we were firmly on her side.

Eventually, the scales fail off but by then our dad was long dead.

It is same with my lovely wife. I wouldnt want live in the same country with her.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Abbeylanre15(m): 1:10pm On May 28, 2020
SmartyPants:

The content of his thread is different. This is not academic work that you should be tussling for credit for.

So you now have a monopoly over this question?

I've heard you. After all, money no dey attached

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Abbeylanre15(m): 1:10pm On May 28, 2020
Naijaarchive:

Welcome to nairaland

Yes sir
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by noble2faith(m): 1:12pm On May 28, 2020
Miarose:
Yes, I will marry my father even in the life to come.

You will marry your dad bi ti bawo? Are you normal?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 28, 2020
I can't marry someone like my Dad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by chlowi(f): 1:16pm On May 28, 2020
crackland:
More men will definitely want to marry women like their mothers, but very few women will want to marry men like their fathers.

Says a whole lot... grin

says alot indeed...............
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by mikkyangel3: 1:16pm On May 28, 2020
Righteousness89:
I will oo!

If u don't have a Spiritual back up like my Mum, Wahala de!

That Woman was my back up even when I was Spirtually Empty!

With the things I did , I should be a Dead man if not for her prayers!
Abeg!!!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Welrez(m): 1:18pm On May 28, 2020
mikeybrainy:

Some of my reasons are:

Nagging (like the neigbours can narrate everything happening in our house if asked to)

She can't ever take the blame for anything (blames everyone for her woes, and she is never wrong)

She wants to collect back every single penny she spends in the house (which is impossible)
Incites the children against their father (never realized this until I grew up and started thinking like a man, and honestly I'm sorry for all the ways I have acted to my dad, though my own is still fair, my siblings have complete disregard for their father)

I realized all these when I started looking at everything from the lens of a struggling husband and father, and I'm still contemplating if marriage is worth it after all, I might as well stay single.... (I only date and break up with girls in my mind, Lol) cos I don't think its worth all the stress. Growing up in a broken, dysfunctional home is hard (sighs).

I wouldn't put all the blame on my Mom but I have resolved not to imbibe my dad's bad habits too (I can't even drink 1% alcohol not because I can't or it's bad, but I run away from it when I think of the things dad would have achieved, if he were not addicted to it)

Sorry for the long post.

Opinions
You are now a man. I always say that a man is not a man until he sees the flaws of his mother. It means you have acquired a mind of your own.

7 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 28, 2020
My dad is an amazing person.I can marry someone like him with some modifications.
But as nice as my mom is, I can't marry someone like her if I were a man.She's not assertive at all, nags a lot and makes her female children do all the housework.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Righteousness89(m): 1:19pm On May 28, 2020
Iamtoowise:

Stupid abscondee
Men dy eye you. angry

You and the Men Na toy oooooo..

U guys Should Repent oooo..

There is no other choice oooo

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 28, 2020
Righteousness89:
I will oo!

If u don't have a Spiritual back up like my Mum, Wahala de! Heavy Wahala De!

That Woman was my back up even when I was Spirtually Empty and soaked in iniquity..

With the things I did , I should be a Confirmed Dead man if not for her prayers!

I don't get it. "Spiritual backup" as in she can visit you in dreams and healnyou when you are sick or give you working life tips or its prayers?

I just want you to know parental spiritual backups have levels

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Meenabee(f): 1:22pm On May 28, 2020
Hmmmm. I understand your plight, remember you dont choose your parents or siblings but can learn how to be a better person from their mistakes instead of turning into something else.
mikeybrainy:

Some of my reasons are:

Sorry for the long post.

Opinions

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by lanreHeda: 1:22pm On May 28, 2020
emerged01:
Yes I can marry someone like mother. But she should have a listening ears.
LOL......shey she no dey listen ni ?

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Lamasta(m): 1:23pm On May 28, 2020
Its my prayer point to give me a woman like my mum as a partner that woman is everything I ask for in a woman, wife and mother of my children.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by dival247(m): 1:23pm On May 28, 2020
This a nice topic , is not easy , u can”t be perfect in this country with empty pocket , most men go though hell to put food on the table. , emotional stress happen to men most time. Even both parents

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by emusmithyy(m): 1:24pm On May 28, 2020
Nice

10 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 1:24pm On May 28, 2020
My Mom's amazing cheesy
...but her nagging can drive you crazy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by JPUC: 1:25pm On May 28, 2020
Yes, I will marry someone like my mum. Infact I married someone like her. My wife is just a true replica of my mum in just about everything. But I pray never to be like my dad in family attitude. He is just exactly you mum in attitude. All these you said about you mum were just my dad. Very selfish. We hear things of my immediate family from outsiders. An outsider will tell us our father bought a car, that he was sick, that he travelled, that he will buy chicken etc. So annoying. Makes one look like a fool in our home.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Oyiboman69: 1:26pm On May 28, 2020
Rozz:
I will marry someone like my dad over and over again.Infact I have been looking for someone with my dad's qualities but it seems to have gone into extinction lol.
today is your lucky day...your wishes is fulfilled

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Goalnaldo(m): 1:27pm On May 28, 2020
mikeybrainy:

Some of my reasons are:

Sorry for the long post.

Opinions
you are encouraging us to be lazy. Stop apologising the post is not even long.

Seriously those whose parents mothers don't nag don't know what God has done for them although I still prefer it to cheating sha.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

34-yr-old Mother Who Died During Childbirth Along With Baby Set For Final Burial / We Confessed To Each Other, Should I Be Worried? / Nigerian Man Flies His Mother To US, She Sheds Tears Of Joy, Refuses To Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.