Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,150 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? (54012 Views)

Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? / Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" / What's The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by SavageBoy: 2:05pm On May 28, 2020
Nooil:
All I know is my mum was a lucky woman. It's because of her I believe it's only God that can give you a man not all these she-males around.

Mad oh grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Ladycewhy(f): 2:08pm On May 28, 2020
Liposure:
wetin happen
lol,why are you people acting surprised? It's not a new thing that a greater percentage of Nigerian men are terrible fathers.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by valinno(m): 2:09pm On May 28, 2020
I pray to marry a lady like my mummy,I didn't grew up with my parents and my father died very early,I know what my mum went through to take of the family when dad died,one of our brothers in the compound told me that he has never seen where my mum and dad had any misunderstanding,she love all her children equally.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Liposure: 2:09pm On May 28, 2020
KingAzubuike:

[color=#990000]Lol, most people on this thread are just being too sentimental and carried away because oh, it's their mom, love of their life, she gave birth to them. Fact is 90 of mother's hardly support their husbands. They put all the financial burden on him without wanting to spend their own money. Growing up, mine had a very terrible attitude I thought was normal but as I became a man and started thinking well I realised it didn't just make sense. Ordinary for we the children to eat bread, she'll never buy with her money, she'll rather be expecting our dad to come back home first so he can buy bread. She had a shop then, she ruthlessly packed all the food stuff in our home store to go and sell at her shop, there was usually nothing to eat at home because she had gone to sell them off and it's not as if she'll spend the profit on her kids, she'll rather spend it on her self. She was a salary earner too but the way she does
dis is serious

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 28, 2020
I am looking for who looks like my mum to marry but will never advice any woman to marry my dad. She would just die less than 10yrs after marriage just like my mum

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by SavageBoy: 2:11pm On May 28, 2020
Sierusvirus:
These tells you the evil women / mothers do at home, telling their children bad things about their father in-order to win them over.

I still have to blame the men for believing that things will get better or change and allowing this happen by getting married to
1. a broke girl who finds it very difficult to have a days meal.
2. a prostitute (red light, causal or corporate) and fighting to make her stop.
3. an irresponsible brat and trying to make her responsible.
4. a LovePeddler that sleeps and satisfies 15 guys a day to quench her sexual orgy and claiming she is doing that because of the money.
5. a stingy and lazy scum believing the husband is to take care of the family then die off fast so she can regularize her cheating partner.

Men, if you really want to change things to benefit you.
1. Never marry a jobless girl
2. Once she’s working, assign / divide the house responsibilities and give her 35% or 40% even more so she won’t have extra cash to cheat on you.
3. Talk less at home.
4. Never in your life trust any woman but never let her know, so your eyes will be on her illicit act anytime any day.
5. Never you eat alone, call her to eat with you. Greater percentage of woman poison their husbands food to destroy the mans body system gradually till you die and nobody will suspect her at all.
6. Never you payback or give back any money your wife spents at home, it’s part of building the family unless she will give you back all you have spent on her.

Thanks me later

We should thank you for what

In your mind now, you've spoken something sensible abi

10 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Lovelygrl: 2:13pm On May 28, 2020
I pray to for someone like my dad
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Liposure: 2:14pm On May 28, 2020
Ladycewhy:
lol,why are you people acting surprised? It's not a new thing that a greater percentage of Nigerian men are terrible fathers.
if it's so, then there's a higher chance of u marry one

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by oodua1stson: 2:14pm On May 28, 2020
I'll never marry someone like my mom. It's not that I hate her or she's a bad person but I just can't deal honestly

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by membranus: 2:14pm On May 28, 2020
Genset:
I never pray to marry someone like my dad. God help me

Let's wait to see what your children will say of you in your later years, after they have listened to your biography by your wife, then you can judge your Dad.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Obidiugwu: 2:16pm On May 28, 2020
My Mum and Dad are the best,I will marry someone like them ooo,they were my backbone..
Dm us for your different types of high quality male/female Fabrics ,Curtains and beddings at affordable prices. Zero Seven Zero Five Two One One Three Four Zero Five
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by ultimateprof: 2:17pm On May 28, 2020
Though I'm married and very very happy with my family but I will and can never marry a woman like my MOTHER while I'm very grateful to marry someone like my DAD.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by emerged01(m): 2:17pm On May 28, 2020
lanreHeda:
LOL......shey she no dey listen ni ?
She is Mum, that’s her weakness . If go meet am say something Dey do you she go say sorry until the thing get worse na that time she go get your time.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by DonBenny77(m): 2:17pm On May 28, 2020
incogni2o:

Is it your mother or are you the one wearing my shoe for me? slowpoke

For all you trying to look for perfect Parents.

call yourself hypocrites.

at this stage , you should have been able to look at the pros and cons and know how to manage/live with someone like you dad/mum.

no one might be able to satisfy one who can't look past the inadequacies of others.

Perfect marriage is hard work from both parties.

no one is better

pick the beam from you eye before pointing the moth in the eye of others.

That's what make us good Men.

There are things my Mum does I wouldn't like to end up with someone like her and other things I wish my wife was like her
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Scientists(m): 2:17pm On May 28, 2020
mikeybrainy:
For me I wouldn't try it, I can never marry someone like my mom. If I try that I would end up in an asylum.

She is a good mother, though not perfect (nobody is).

Some of my reasons are:

Nagging (like the neigbours can narrate everything happening in our house if asked to)
Involving strangers in family issues (like she says everything)

She can't ever take the blame for anything (blames everyone for her woes, and she is never wrong)

She wants to collect back every single penny she spends in the house (which is impossible)
Incites the children against their father (never realized this until I grew up and started thinking like a man, and honestly I'm sorry for all the ways I have acted to my dad, though my own is still fair, my siblings have complete disregard for their father)

Other things too that I can't mention here (makes me feel ashamed.

I realized all these when I started looking at everything from the lens of a struggling husband and father, and I'm still contemplating if marriage is worth it after all, I might as well stay single.... (I only date and break up with girls in my mind, Lol) cos I don't think its worth all the stress. Growing up in a broken, dysfunctional home is hard (sighs).

I wouldn't put all the blame on my Mom but I have resolved not to imbibe my dad's bad habits too (I can't even drink 1% alcohol not because I can't or it's bad, but I run away from it when I think of the things dad would have achieved, if he were not addicted to it)

Sorry for the long post.

Can you marry someone like your mom/dad?

Opinions

I can't marry someone like my mum.

Exactly the same problem with your mum is same with mine. Infact, mine won't even allow the matter land for ground. She will grab it from the top and start blaming you. Despite the fact that you came for advice.

Lalasticlala Seun Dominique Myd44 Please Change my name from scientists to Scientics

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Ladycewhy(f): 2:18pm On May 28, 2020
Liposure:
if it's so, then there's a higher chance of u marry one
if I do, I don't have the patience to stay. Which is why I constantly praise my mum, I don't have her level of tolerance to put up with BS in the name of marriage.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Liposure: 2:18pm On May 28, 2020
safarigirl:
No two people are the same, I would marry someone that has some of my father's character traits, maybe 60% of it.
in your dreams
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by membranus: 2:19pm On May 28, 2020
Fuckingmallam45:
Ahhh someone like my mum? I don't think so, my mum is stubborn, she no dey gree, ahh won lagidi. All of us they fear her. No I no fit, I cannot come and kill myself grin
But I bet you, if you asked my immediate sister this question, she will tell you that, her prayer is to marry someone like my father. Baba ni baba yen jo. Very cool and intelligent man.

Thanks Bro.

Some people don't ever appreciate what their fathers contribute to their lives, as though they could ever be where they were without their fathers.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Liposure: 2:21pm On May 28, 2020
Ladycewhy:
if I do, I don't have the patience to stay. Which is why I constantly praise my mum, I don't have her level of tolerance to put up with BS in the name of marriage.
all the best in your quest

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Ladycewhy(f): 2:22pm On May 28, 2020
Liposure:
all the best in your quest
thanks ,cos finding one of the few good men in Nigeria is like searching for a treasure chest in the Bermuda triangle.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by MightySparrow: 2:22pm On May 28, 2020
I will tell your mummy
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Fuckingmallam45(m): 2:24pm On May 28, 2020
membranus:

Thanks Bro.

Some people don't ever appreciate what their fathers contribute to their lives, as though they could ever be where they were without their fathers.

You welcome bro, you are definitely right. I appreciate my dad oo, because he really try.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by iqiq: 2:25pm On May 28, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 28, 2020
Na dem born you ooo... Remember.

You may not understand why your mum is behaving that way. Pressures from marital responsibilities could be a contributing factor to her behavior. She may not even be like this from the beginning but marriage issues plus children turned her into what you see today.

Let me also tell you that, saying you can't marry someone like your mum may not be 100% feasible because, if you couldn't chose your mother, then you can't chose your wife cos people are unpredictable and can become something else you never expected overtime due to so many unforseen factors that may later spring up along the line and by what time you're already long gone into the marriage. Or you think your father met her this way and went ahead? You can only pray and learn to mange other people's excesses or remain unmarried if you can.

I tell you what... The day one of our pastor's wife (a pastor we hold in high esteem) was addressing us the youth, and told us there are times she and daddy throw pillows at each other ( serious fight that she would cry) before coming to church. that was when I knew there's really no perfect marriage but only we can make our marriage work by first disciplining ourselves and pray for grace to be accommodating to the end.

Shalom.

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by MNDY(m): 2:28pm On May 28, 2020
mikeybrainy:
For me I wouldn't try it, I can never marry someone like my mom. If I try that I would end up in an asylum.

She is a good mother, though not perfect (nobody is).

Some of my reasons are:

Nagging (like the neigbours can narrate everything happening in our house if asked to)
Involving strangers in family issues (like she says everything)

She can't ever take the blame for anything (blames everyone for her woes, and she is never wrong)

She wants to collect back every single penny she spends in the house (which is impossible)
Incites the children against their father (never realized this until I grew up and started thinking like a man, and honestly I'm sorry for all the ways I have acted to my dad, though my own is still fair, my siblings have complete disregard for their father)

Other things too that I can't mention here (makes me feel ashamed.

I realized all these when I started looking at everything from the lens of a struggling husband and father, and I'm still contemplating if marriage is worth it after all, I might as well stay single.... (I only date and break up with girls in my mind, Lol) cos I don't think its worth all the stress. Growing up in a broken, dysfunctional home is hard (sighs).

I wouldn't put all the blame on my Mom but I have resolved not to imbibe my dad's bad habits too (I can't even drink 1% alcohol not because I can't or it's bad, but I run away from it when I think of the things dad would have achieved, if he were not addicted to it)

Sorry for the long post.

Can you marry someone like your mom/dad?

Opinions

Jesus!

This is exactly my mom.

I feel ashamed when others celebrate their mom.

My dad is weak and that also annoys me very well.

I am so tired and the only thing on my mind is independence.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Samakus(m): 2:29pm On May 28, 2020
adadike:
My dad, a strict disciplinarian , provides for most of our needs. A strong prayer warrior, physically strong , very hard-working . Can stand by you even when the world is against you. Love you Daddy but I honestly would love to marry someone like my mom. Gently, tall, great physique, very sweet, light skin and beautiful woman. Kind to a fault. See everyone as a member of her family. Eat in the same plate with her maids and helpers. Takes good care of them as well. No difference between outsider, maid or children. Everyone is the same to her irrespective of religion and tribe, loves and caters for all . Strong and hard-working, supports her husband, keeps my extended family together. Loved and took good care of my paternal grand mother when she was alive. My Super Woman, I don't know if I can ever be like you coz you are extraordinary but I want to marry a man that near these qualities. God bless you mom

Nice boobs. You must be Anambrarian cheesy. My WhatsApp number is on my signature

Nice eulogies about your mom too
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Liposure: 2:29pm On May 28, 2020
Ginalex:
Yes... Would want to marry a man like my father... Strict, super hardworking, loves his children and wife so much, never ever compares his children with other people's children, understanding too... He can go to any length for his family. God bless you daddy smiley

I kon be im replica smiley
fake product
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Niwdog(m): 2:30pm On May 28, 2020
I can marry someone like my mother
But my sister can never marry someone like my dad, the man na womanizer
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Liposure: 2:31pm On May 28, 2020
Mandela27:
Partially,I'll want a woman like my mom but let her be smarter!
But I wont advice my sisters to even date a man like my father,talkless of marry sef.
kilode

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Omobada(m): 2:31pm On May 28, 2020
adadike:
My dad, a strict disciplinarian , provides for most of our needs. A strong prayer warrior, physically strong , very hard-working . Can stand by you even when the world is against you. Love you Daddy but I honestly would love to marry someone like my mom. Gently, tall, great physique, very sweet, light skin and beautiful woman. Kind to a fault. See everyone as a member of her family. Eat in the same plate with her maids and helpers. Takes good care of them as well. No difference between outsider, maid or children. Everyone is the same to her irrespective of religion and tribe, loves and caters for all . Strong and hard-working, supports her husband, keeps my extended family together. Loved and took good care of my paternal grand mother when she was alive. My Super Woman, I don't know if I can ever be like you coz you are extraordinary but I want to marry a man that near these qualities. God bless you mom

Congrats sister, it's not always possible to have both nearly perfect parents. Pls, try to emulate them especially your mum. I pray you marry a man who surpasses your dad's goodness.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Tollycandy: 2:33pm On May 28, 2020
ur mama attitude make him dey like that.....

u have to be very prayerful because, every of this is coming bck to you.

my advice..
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by OnPointMan(m): 2:33pm On May 28, 2020
Rozz:
I will marry someone like my dad over and over again.Infact I have been looking for someone with my dad's qualities but it seems to have gone into extinction lol.

You haven't really paid enough attention, I've been here all this while darling.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

We Confessed To Each Other, Should I Be Worried? / 34-yr-old Mother Who Died During Childbirth Along With Baby Set For Final Burial / Stella Solomon Peter Goes Missing, Have You Seen Her? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.