Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. (69704 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 31, 2020
IamAsiri:

Lol. So funny. You just made my day which these clownish words you uttered grin grin grin

is there anyone speaking in tongues today? just show me one person.....not those meaningless words

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Bigseven(m): 12:43pm On May 31, 2020
Carry your yeye truth fly comot 4 here.
No.5 Is stupidity. How can a woman suffered for 9months of labor and when the time for delivery comes and blood is needed then someone will say let her die if it's the will of God. God's original plan for this generation is to reach 120years but God knows why he calls everyone home at every time.
Well to whom brain is given, sense is required
Praise God

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 12:46pm On May 31, 2020
Futurejoy:

Lol...stupidity looks good on you. I don’t mind using you to catch cruise this afternoon
grin grin grin
Go and catch cruise with your ignorant self. Mumu. Since stupidity looks good on me, then you can as well put foolishness on because it your size.
Mind you, A conversation is as good as dead when there is no feedback.
A jobless troll like you don't deserve a feedback from me and you would not get it again.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by blowjohn(m): 12:47pm On May 31, 2020
paltielx:
Speaking in tongues was meant for unbelievers that don't understand your language, today JW is in over 240 lands who speaks thousand of languages which JW in such land will discuss with them

Why are there interpreters?
Some are to speak in tongues
Others are to interpret
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by blowjohn(m): 12:47pm On May 31, 2020
femi4:
That's stupid excuse. You don't engage in something cos fake exist. Didnt we have fake prayers, fake water baptism, fake fasting etc

Exactly my thoughts
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 31, 2020
JW are the most logical Christians I have ever met ... if not for their evangelism wouldn't mind joining them. but how man go dey carry bag up and down for hot sun.??

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Mummyfour(f): 12:49pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

Nice storyline, I might need your assistance to write some captivating fictional stories grin
My brother,it's true. Praying before they start preaching is what we used to chase Jehovah witnesses away. They will never pray and will argue that they have already prayed.
More than 10 people I know have attested to this fact.Pentecostals will pray for guidance and understanding of the word before preaching,but Jehovah witness don't. Except if they have changed in now o
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 31, 2020
blowjohn:

'May?'
But the OP didnt deny the fact that many still speak in tongues today. He only said many r fake.
And he never said it has ended.

Where in the bible prompted u to think speaking in tongues has served its purpose may have ended?

I believe it has served it purpose because no one is really speaking in tongues today.

1 Corinthians 13:8-10 New International Version (NIV)
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.

what is complete has come and that is the Bible, the complete Bible

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 31, 2020
mperornero:
JW are the most logical Christians I have ever met ... if not for their evangelism wouldn't mind joining them. but how man go dey carry bag up and down for hot sun.??

same thing also discouraged me.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by paltielx: 12:53pm On May 31, 2020
Lostz:

is there anyone speaking in tongues today? just show me one person.....not those meaningless words
If you speak in tongues and no one understands you, my brother satan is using you to deceive other
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Investnow2017: 12:54pm On May 31, 2020
foni2k4:
Jehovah Witness is a cult meant to manipulate the mind and ultimately drive Christian's away from the goal which is heaven. The earlier people get to know this the better. You want evidence...go do your research.

So your main reason for trying to worship God is heaven. That is your main goal? Your goal is misplaced then. There is a universal issue in which you are involved. That issue was raised in the garden of Eden. Why not open your heart to study the Bible so you understand what issue is at stake.
It is not enough to sit behind a keyboard and jump to conclusions over a matter you cannot prove. God, our Creator commanded the man "do not eat the fruit, otherwise you will die". An angel with an evil intent deceived the woman to disobey God by saying "you can eat the fruit, you will not die". What do you think was at play there? Okay, the man ate the fruit. Has it been well with man since eating the fruit?
God first gave the rule, thus making us to know that He is our Ruler by giving that command. But an evil contender stepped forward and commanded the man to eat the fruit, thus posing as a better ruler. Events that have unfolded since man disobeyed God, the true Ruler, have simply showed the Liar that the contender, Satan is. Enough time has been given to Satan to prove that he is a better ruler, but all we can see in the world ruled by him today is chaos and pain. Soon, God's government in the hands of his dear son, Jesus Christ, will crush and put an end to Satan's dismal rulership and usher in untold blessings to all those who have supported God's rulership. That time is at hand. Current world event prove that unmistakably, Matthew 24:3-14.
Man was not and never created to live in heaven, Psalm 115:16. God's purpose for man and the Earth has not changed, Psalm 37:9-11, 29. Jesus confirmed that the mild-tempered ones, or the meek, shall inherit the Earth, Matthew 5:5. But those despoiling the Earth are those that will be flushed out. So your desire to go to heaven is not realistic or supported by the Bible, it is mere wishful ideation.

4 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Dreal1247: 12:54pm On May 31, 2020
Sodiquinone:
Oh, Christ worshipers! We want an answer to our question from your wise. If the Lord was murdered by some people’s act…what sort of god is this? We wonder! Was He pleased by what they did to Him? If yes, blessed be they..they achieved the pleasure of His But if He was discontented….this means their power subjugated His!! Was the whole entity left without a Sustainer… so who answered the prayers? Were the heavens vacated…when He laid under the ground somewheres? Were all the worlds left without a God…to manage while His hands were nailed? Why did not the angles help Him when they heard him while he wailed? How could the rods stand to bear the True Lord when He was fastened How could the iron reach Him and His body pinioned? How could His enemies’ hands reach Him and slap His rear And was Christ revived by himself…or the Reviver was another god? What a sight it is!A grave that enclosed a god! What’s more weird is the belly that had Him in it! He stayed there for nine months in utter darkness…fed by blood! Then he got out of the womb as a small baby, weak and gaping to be breastfed! He ate and drank, and did what that naturally resulted in Is this a god??!! High Exalted be Allah above the lies of Christians All of them will be held accountable for their libels Oh cross worshipers…for what reason is it exalted and blamed who rejects it? Is it not the logic to break and burn it along with the one who innovated it? Since the Lord was crucified on it…and his hands were fastened to it? That is really a cursed cross to carry…so discard it Don’t kiss it! The Lord was abused on it…and you adore it? So you are one of His enemies!! If you extol it because it carried the Lord of the worlds why don’t you prostrate yourself and worship graves, since the grave contained your god in it? So, Christ worshiper, open your eyes, this is what the matter is all about.
A canal man cannot understand the things of the spirit. God uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by sacajawea: 12:56pm On May 31, 2020
BABANGBALI:
most of them are my neighbours and friends. Denying me my right is a sin
Hahahaha Kolomental Unserious fellow. grin
But are you like this In real life Too or just online?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by paltielx: 12:56pm On May 31, 2020
mperornero:
My brother if you know the Joy that comes leting others know the truth about God, you can walk from morning till night without feeling it

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 31, 2020
paltielx:
If you speak in tongues and no one understands you, my brother satan is using you to deceive other

no one is actually speaking in tongues. they are just faking meaningless words to impress their audience.

some run out of words when praying so decide to use it to prolong prayers
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by atoleybaba(m): 12:56pm On May 31, 2020
wisewordd:
Why don't you guys marry outside your church but your members have sexual intercourse with non members.

Why don't you guys accept other churches books and listen to their preaching but you go around knocking on people's doors.

Why don't you guys enter other churches if invited to weddings or anniversaries, which I know you do celebrate.

Why?
can u screw a fresh Fulani girl? Most def I know u may say yes. But can u marry one and follow her doctrines? You know the answer. It is not uncommon to see some witnesses committing formication. Humans will always be human no be everybody have the fear of God, hence the desire of the flesh is always present to make some commit fornication. Let still stay on those that sleep around and call them selves Jehovah's witnesses. They tend to still marry only themselves because they know they can't find true peace except in the midst of each other.....na like pikin wey know say na him house safe pass and na only his family member e fit trust but when he sees stranger with bisvult, he fit cry, even allow the stranger carry him cos of biscuit but immediately after getting what he want, he will cry for his parent's hand. Cos he trust his family more. They know what they have learnt and they know they can't get such truth and peace of mind anywhere else hence dy stay put and marry there. Besides they don't know which other Jehovah's Witness is has promiscuous as they are(cos they are few) hence, they go outside to do their rubbish and come back and marry a responsible and God fearing person....that doesn't mean if they are not caught by the organization or repent and report themselves so they can be prayed for, God won't still punish them when the time is right.....
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by daveP(m): 12:57pm On May 31, 2020
chatinent:
(c) All rights reserved.
Myth: Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in heaven.
Apparently, this is not a new saying as people tend to say what they might have heard about the Witnesses not scrutinizing them whether or not they are truth.

Truth: Jehovah's Witnesses believe in heaven as the residence of the Creator of the Universe.
2. Myth: Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in hell.
Truth: This is where people misunderstand themselves. Jehovah's Witnesses believe 'Hell' is the common grave of mankind. Witnesses do not believe in 'hell fire' as it is unbiblical, unless you'll show me where the original sinners -- Adam and Eve -- went to 'hell fire.'
Myth: Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate anything.
Truth: If you mean holidays like birthdays, Christmas etc., of course yes. Think: what is the relevance of Santa Claus in the bible? Do they or not have pagan origins? In fact, Witnesses commemorate the Death of Jesus as Jesus asked his disciples to do.
4. Myth: Jehovah's Witness do not speak in tongues.
Truth: Well, Jehovah's Witnesses speak many languages as they come from differing lands but do not involve in the ecstatic speaking performed today by religious leaders. The first century Christians who received the gift used it to preach to people (as the early congregants were filled with people from many lands), so they spoke a language and all who heard understood. Note: To preach. Is that what is done today? Don't throw caution to the wind.

5. Myth: Jehovah's Witnesses do not do blood transfusions and are wicked to see their loved one die.
Truth: Witnesses put much faith in doing God's will. Sorry to disappoint you, they love their children and loved ones. In fact, medical practitioners agree that it is not safe either, and no guarantee of living well or surviving as no blood samples really match another. Besides, there are other non-blood media. Coming to think of it, Witnesses put faith in the resurrection. Yes, so why worry of this wicked world?
Have more questions? Visit www.jw.org or simply ask them here constructively.

You obviously have a problem understanding what "do not" means.

You didnt even refute most of the claims by people. You rather reaffirmed them.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by paltielx: 12:57pm On May 31, 2020
Lostz:

no one is actually speaking in tongues. they are just faking meaningless words to impress their audience.

some run out of words when praying so decide to use it to prolong prayers
My brother knowing the truth has indeed set us free
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Shytreasure(m): 12:58pm On May 31, 2020
Lostz:

same thing also discouraged me.

It's a sacrifice on their part. Don't be discouraged, after all early Christians also went from door to door, city to city preaching the good news.

They are doing that today out of love for God and neighbours regardless of insult and abusive speech from people. So it's a sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by sacajawea: 12:59pm On May 31, 2020
Dayoebe:
Witnesses do not sing the National Anthem!
Any reason for this?
Why that one they pain you? Na so you like Nigeria reach?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by wisewordd: 12:59pm On May 31, 2020
atoleybaba:
can u screw a fresh Fulani girl? Most def I know u may say yes. But can u marry one and follow her doctrines? You know the answer. It is not uncommon to see some witnesses committing formication. Humans will always be human no be everybody have the fear of God, hence the desire of the flesh is always present to make some commit fornication. Let still stay on those that sleep around and call them selves Jehovah's witnesses. They tend to still marry only themselves because they know they can't find true peace except in the midst of each other.....na like pikin wey know say na him house safe pass and na only his family member e fit trust but when he sees stranger with bisvult, he fit cry, even allow the stranger carry him cos of biscuit but immediately after getting what he want, he will cry for his parent's hand. Cos he trust his family more. They know what they have learnt and they know they can't get such truth and peace of mind anywhere else hence dy stay put and marry there. Besides they don't know which other Jehovah's Witness is has promiscuous as they are(cos they are few) hence, they go outside to do their rubbish and come back and marry a responsible and God fearing person....that doesn't mean if they are not caught by the organization or repent and report themselves so they can be prayed for, God won't still punish them when the time is right.....
So, why do they divorce? I know a lot that have divorced.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 31, 2020
Shytreasure:

It's a sacrifice on their part. Don't be discouraged, after all early Christians also went from door to door, city to city preaching the good news.

They are doing that today out of love for God and neighbours regardless of insult and abusive speech from people. So it's a sacrifice.

well, it is hard
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by sacajawea: 1:00pm On May 31, 2020
BABANGBALI:
but I dey gbadun their girls sha
Really? Tell me something I don't know
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 31, 2020
You forgot the "Jehovah's Witnesses don't pray" part. The day I heard this was the day it dawned on me that there seems to be a deliberate effort by mainstream "Christians" to colour this group bad. The reason for that, I don't know. But I had friends growing up who were Jehovah's Witnesses. And they did pray.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Ubdavis(m): 1:00pm On May 31, 2020
Unnecessary enslavement !

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by atoleybaba(m): 1:00pm On May 31, 2020
wisewordd:
Why don't you guys marry outside your church but your members have sexual intercourse with non members.

Why don't you guys accept other churches books and listen to their preaching but you go around knocking on people's doors.

Why don't you guys enter other churches if invited to weddings or anniversaries, which I know you do celebrate.

Why?
can you enter a shrine or a place filled with idols? Many churches today design their church with different cross and and symbols that they somehow use to represent God. And also they tend to pray to the wrong person I.e Jesus instead of the creator of Jesus which is Jehovah (psalm 83:18) so going into such place of worship and listening and following their means of worship simply means indulging in a wrong worship . imagine everyone shouting and engaging in all manner of prayer and u just standing and looking at them what do u think others will think about u? So it is better to avoid going to the church or whatever in the first place

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by sacajawea: 1:01pm On May 31, 2020
iKingsley:
do not say I did not warn you, but you can eat soaked garri with fork and knife when the water is dried completely lipsrsealed
Ok, now do you actually do this Everytime you want to drink garri
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by pomide(m): 1:02pm On May 31, 2020
This is very confusing lol
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by blowjohn(m): 1:03pm On May 31, 2020
Lostz:

I believe it has served it purpose because no one is really speaking in tongues today.

1 Corinthians 13:8-10 New International Version (NIV)
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part,
but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.

what is complete has come and that is the Bible, the complete Bible

This ur explanation is weird o.
Have prophecies ceased?
Has knowledge ceased to be?
Who told u that the bible is what is complete?
Careful how interpreted the bible o.

KJV

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
ESV

And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
NLT

These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages.

When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.

Are u saying we dont have the holy spirit again?
Why is it that jehovah witnesses dont perform miracles?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by paltielx: 1:03pm On May 31, 2020
blowjohn:

Why are there interpreters? Some are to speak in tongues Others are to interpret
Can you interprete any
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by yoged(m): 1:04pm On May 31, 2020
Viqtour:
The person that has done the most wicked thing to me is a witness... He can preach Bible like mad... But I was shocked to what he did. Now even if witnesses come to my gate I can never listen... Sometimes the guy goes for reach out too... E be plenty things...
You are seeing it as if All Jehovah witnesses are perfect. Lol. This is where many made mistakes, no one on earth is perfect , so don't expect any human to be perfect . Forgive and forget , or leave everything to God .
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Mummyfour(f): 1:06pm On May 31, 2020
Donpruddy:

Myth 6
Witness are the cause of expensive prices of bags and umbrella
Truth it's a mere speculation.
grin you are very wicked

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (44) (Reply)

Chapel On Biku Hill: World’s Smallest Church In Uganda, Accommodates Three Only / See The New Technique Pastor Now Use To Lure Customers To Their Churches / Lord's Chosen Members In Abakaliki In Acrobatic Stunts (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.