Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,441 members, 7,816,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. (69718 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by paltielx: 1:07pm On May 31, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:
You forgot the "Jehovah's Witnesses don't pray" part. The day I heard this was the day it dawned on me that there seems to be a deliberate effort by mainstream "Christians" to colour this group bad. The reason for that, I don't know. But I had friends growing up who were Jehovah's Witnesses. And they did pray.
The JWs prays alot and follow formula for prayer as mentioned by Jesus at matt chater 6
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by blowjohn(m): 1:08pm On May 31, 2020
paltielx:
Can you interprete any

If I don't have the gift I cant interpret ofcos
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by justli: 1:08pm On May 31, 2020
post=90151363:
We are all ONE in the Body of Christ.

End of Story.

JESUS IS THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER

YES!
Very Good ones at that.

Not so true. Witness deny the body resurrection of Jesus Christ. This is an important part of the hope we have as Christians. Christ defeated death in that he resurrected in body not spirit. Denying that is denying the ultimate sacrifice.

Witness deny the deity of Christ regardless of the hundreds of verses that supports this in both the new and old testament. To support their claim they wrote their own version of the Bible , adjusting key terms to suit their teaching. These is blasphemy.

Witness believe Jesus is already here with us for his second coming. They hold onto this teaching because their leaders have predicted severally the coming of Christ even giving a fixed date. Since they cannot change their position, they then came up with a smart cover-up that Christ is already here with us as for his second coming, only it hasn't been revealed
But this is contrary to the Bible that says: the son on man shall descend in clouds of glory and all shall see him

Witness believe Jesus is arch angel Michael. No where in the Bible is this teaching found. But witness strongly hold onto this.

Witness believe in salvation by work. And they have to as a matter of requirement meet a certain hour of witnessing to merit paradise. When they go out to witness, they do this to meet the mandatory hours.

This is contrary to Bible position to teaches that the sacrifice of Jesus is sufficient for our salvation. He paid the ultimate sacrifice.

I can go on forever as to why jw is a false ministry. It's a cult. They disown their children, if you turn an apostate.

Contrary to what they have you think they believe in the Bible, they don't believe you as an individual can read the Bible and understand it, you need the guidance of the watchtower and awake publications. That is where the real brain washing takes place

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by paltielx: 1:09pm On May 31, 2020
sacajawea:

Ok, now do you actually do this Everytime you want to drink garri
what are you two really discussing about?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by wisewordd: 1:10pm On May 31, 2020
atoleybaba:
can you enter a shrine or a place filled with idols? Many churches today design their church with different cross and and symbols that they somehow use to represent God. And also they tend to pray to the wrong person I.e Jesus instead of the creator of Jesus which is Jehovah (psalm 83:18) so going into such place of worship and listening and following their means of worship simply means indulging in a wrong worship . imagine everyone shouting and engaging in all manner of prayer and u just standing and looking at them what do u think others will think about u? So it is better to avoid going to the church or whatever in the first place
Meaning they're not Christians, according to you. So, why are you now inviting others to your church while you can't attend theirs? Why do you go to their houses even when you know they worship idols. What makes you feel you're the ones worshipping God the right way?

4 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 31, 2020
paltielx:
My brother if you know the Joy that comes leting others know the truth about God, you can walk from morning till night without feeling it
I know bro, not also a good talker ..I like the church sha, been to their meeting a couple of times, but I stopped cause of that evangelism stuff.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by paltielx: 1:11pm On May 31, 2020
blowjohn:

If I don't have the gift I cant interpret ofcos
Congrat if your saying is well founded
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 1:11pm On May 31, 2020
justli:

[s]
Not so true. Witness deny the body resurrection of Jesus Christ. This is an important part of the hope we have as Christians. Christ defeated death in that he resurrected in body not spirit. Denying that is denying the ultimate sacrifice.

Witness deny the deity of Christ regardless of the hundreds of verses that supports this in both the new and old testament. To support their claim they wrote their own version of the Bible , adjusting key terms to suit their teaching. These is blasphemy.

Witness believe Jesus is already here with us for his second coming. They hold onto this teaching because their leaders have predicted severally the coming of Christ even giving a fixed date. Since they cannot change their position, they then came up with a smart cover-up that Christ is already here with us as for his second coming, only it hasn't been revealed
But this is contrary to the Bible that says: the son on man shall descend in clouds of glory and all shall see him

Witness believe Jesus is arch angel Michael. No where in the Bible is this teaching found. But witness strongly hold onto this.

Witness believe in salvation by work. And they have to as a matter of requirement meet a certain hour of witnessing to merit paradise. When they go out to witness, they do this to meet the mandatory hours.

This is contrary to Bible position to teaches that the sacrifice of Jesus is sufficient for our salvation. He paid the ultimate sacrifice.

I can go on forever as to why jw is a false ministry. It's a cult. They disown their children, if you turn an apostate.

Contrary to what they have you think they believe in the Bible, they don't believe you as an individual can read the Bible and understand it, you need the guidance of the watchtower and awake publications. That is where the real brain washing takes place[/s]

Gibberish
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by atoleybaba(m): 1:12pm On May 31, 2020
Kingpele:
grin well I don't judge anyone belief, God alone is the judge but I strongly disagree with most of thier beliefs, this is why Jesus said u shall know the truth and it will set u free, Jesus could not have used the parable of Lazarus and the rich man in hell fire if hell fire is not real, anyone that know Jesus is the only one who will understand that Jesus does not joke with words, all his parable is based on reality either of things we could see or the things we can't see... I won't allow a white man whom Satan had decieved to make me believe that sinful souls won't end up in hell... Just imagine if u die only to realized u were decieved... Jesus is the truth and life forever
even the Bible said Jesus spent 3days in hell when he died. Why will Jesus burn in hell when he was indeed righteous? Hell is a grave and not a place if torment. You urself said it that Jesus say things that people can relate too. Hence that is why he used the stories about burning in fire. Another word used is Gehenna...this place back then in Jerusalem was always on fire always burning. This is where the people of Israel dispose of the rubbish and what is considered worthless....the people can quickly relate with that hence the illustration about everlasting fire. Just like the Gehenna that was always on fire...look at this also. You worship a very loving God do you think he can be wicked enough to watch people burn forever in pain while they scream for mercy? God isnt that crude and heartless. Even you as a human, as much as u hate a criminal, I can bet you can sit and watch a criminal getting tormented for a very very long time. U know why? Cos compassion will set in. If God that created u can put such in u when making u, why won't he be compassionate? I remember a time when u.s uses electrocution to kill criminals but later abolished it and went for a more quick and humane death. If imperfect human can have such compassion for a criminal that deserve death how much more God? That is why he said the evil once will be cut off(psalm 37:11) that is they will be destroyed for ever...not tormented or roasted by the devil.

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by IamAsiri: 1:13pm On May 31, 2020
Lostz:

is there anyone speaking in tongues today? just show me one person.....not those meaningless words

I for one don't speak meaningless words. I speak in tongues. I don't formulate words but I believe that the Holy Spirit gives me utterances. I am a child of God. I am a believer of Jesus Christ and therefore a Christian. I believe that the Holy Spirit lives within me and speaks to me, cos He is a person not a feeling. I do not believe that the Holy Spirit left the earth with the apostles. The Holy Spirit was also promised to me as a believer as Jesus promised every believer.

I pray in the spirit and in understanding.
I pledge my allegiance to God, to Christ Jesus and to the Holy Spirit. So help me God.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Investnow2017: 1:14pm On May 31, 2020
mperornero:
JW are the most logical Christians I have ever met ... if not for their evangelism wouldn't mind joining them. but how man go dey carry bag up and down for hot sun.??

Oh dear. If you have read the account of Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, who was very rich in heaven before coming to this earth, you would find that he trekked from village to village on dusty roads to preach the gospel or the good news. If Jesus did that, who are we? It is a demonstration of our humility and loyalty to our Maker. Apostle Paul too was highly educated as a Lawyer, but he did the same work, trekking, travelling in inclement weather to preach. Luke himself was a doctor, he did the same, travelling with Paul the Apostle.
The responsibility of being a disciple of Jesus Christ is one of self-sacrifice. If you set your heart to it, God promised to help you by means of the holy Spirit to strengthen you for the work. While people may appear to pity us doing that under hot sun, I can tell you that we will feel incomplete if we don't find ourselves doing it. We enjoy doing it, because it means our life. Pray about it. True, no one can do it in his own strength, you need God's spirit to empower you. And that is what Jesus himself promised, according to Acts 1:8.
People need to know where the world is headed. People need to be told to flee from false religion. People need to be told that there is a better government, the government of God, that will soon come to remove all the government's of the world that cannot solve man's problems. People need to be told that Jesus Christ has been enthroned by his father, Jehovah, to rid this world of wickedness and usher in peace and security. This message is very, very urgent now because the time has come for Satan to be removed along with his governments. God's purpose to fill the Earth with righteous people has not changed, Isaiah 45:18, Psalm 37:29.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 31, 2020
blowjohn:

This ur explanation is weird o.
Have prophecies ceased?
Has knowledge ceased to be?
Who told u that the bible is what is complete?
Careful how interpreted the bible o.

KJV

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
ESV

And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;
NLT

These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages.

When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.

Are u saying we dont have the holy spirit again?
Why is it that jehovah witnesses dont perform miracles?
that scripture is self explanatory. it is clear that those gifts were for a limited amount of time

okay, show me one person in Nigeria that is speaking in tongues today?

how many covid19 patients have you or any Nigerian pastor healed? how many are you laying your hands on?

the holy Spirit is there to guide us according to God's will. the holy Spirit is not just there to help you speak in tongues
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Tifunloran: 1:14pm On May 31, 2020
jeff1993:
I remember when I was in Ss3 ... I had this beautiful class mate of mine called Uchechi ...she was a very funny and lively girl and she was a Witness.

One fateful day she had an accident on her way to write NECO exam .... She lost a lot of blood and was the hospital requested for blood transfusion but the parents refused ... Everyday we went to the hospital we literally watched our classmate tether on the brink of death just because of a stupid manmade ideology.

Our principal had to involve social service authorities from the local govt and when they intervened, they took over the case and called the senior brother who was in another state to come and donate blood since the parents were adamant.

That was how Uchechi's life was saved but the unity of their family was never saved because she quitted the church when she went to Uni and her parents kind of partially disowned her.

Easy to judge the witness parent from ur point of view
But they strictly obey this instruction found in Gods word Act 15:29
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by 1x2x3: 1:14pm On May 31, 2020
freshboi88:

Jesus is no God but according to the NWT

Isaiah 9:6 - New World Translation of The Holy Scriptures(Jehovah Witness Bible)

Isaiah 9:6
For there has been a child born to us, there has been a son given to us; and the princely rule will come to be upon his shoulder. And his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

Jesus is not God yet Ur translation calls him God in Isaiah.... Confused set of people

LOL its so funny you even think I'm a JW. Oga it's obvious you have limited knowledge of JW, from the little time I dedicated to study them, they hardly and rarely use the word God to recognise the creator rather they use "Jehovah".

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Evidenx(m): 1:15pm On May 31, 2020
ONE TRUTH REMAINS, JEHOVAH'S WITNESS IS A FALSE RELIGION FOUNDED BY CHARLES RUSSELL.

YES THEY SAY SOME TRUTHS I AGREE WITH,LIKE CHRISTMAS IS OF A PAGAN ORIGIN BUT THEY TELL YOU ONE TRUTH AND TELL YOU 10 LIES IN RETURN .

NO RELIGION LEADS TO GOD.
ONLY JESUS CHRIST LEADS TO GOD AND TO OUR SALVATION. BELIEVE IN HIM.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Myself2(m): 1:15pm On May 31, 2020
chatinent:

Not this one.

Hahahaha

This is the chief of ambiguities
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by joyandfaith: 1:15pm On May 31, 2020
Chommybaby:
Hmmmmm....

So of the doctrines of some church's really piss me off...

Especially Jehovah Witness and Latter Day

Tho I believe you will be judged by what you believe in simple... Cos what your religion calls a sin is a norm in another religion.....

And you won't tell me that all our ancestors that didn't hear about the bible are rotting in hell or whatever!!!

why not take your time to study the Bible and establish what constitutes sins?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by justli: 1:15pm On May 31, 2020
wisewordd:
Why don't you guys marry outside your church but your members have sexual intercourse with non members.

Why don't you guys accept other churches books and listen to their preaching but you go around knocking on people's doors.

Why don't you guys enter other churches if invited to weddings or anniversaries, which I know you do celebrate.

Why?

Because it's a cult. They the to shield their members from the light of truth. Even the apostle adviced that all messages should be screened and verified. But jw members dear not question their organization position. They are not even allowed to read other literatures.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Myself2(m): 1:16pm On May 31, 2020
chatinent:
(c) All rights reserved.
Myth: Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in heaven.
Apparently, this is not a new saying as people tend to say what they might have heard about the Witnesses not scrutinizing them whether or not they are truth.

Truth: Jehovah's Witnesses believe in heaven as the residence of the Creator of the Universe.
2. Myth: Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in hell.
Truth: This is where people misunderstand themselves. Jehovah's Witnesses believe 'Hell' is the common grave of mankind. Witnesses do not believe in 'hell fire' as it is unbiblical, unless you'll show me where the original sinners -- Adam and Eve -- went to 'hell fire.'
Myth: Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate anything.
Truth: If you mean holidays like birthdays, Christmas etc., of course yes. Think: what is the relevance of Santa Claus in the bible? Do they or not have pagan origins? In fact, Witnesses commemorate the Death of Jesus as Jesus asked his disciples to do.
4. Myth: Jehovah's Witness do not speak in tongues.
Truth: Well, Jehovah's Witnesses speak many languages as they come from differing lands but do not involve in the ecstatic speaking performed today by religious leaders. The first century Christians who received the gift used it to preach to people (as the early congregants were filled with people from many lands), so they spoke a language and all who heard understood. Note: To preach. Is that what is done today? Don't throw caution to the wind.

5. Myth: Jehovah's Witnesses do not do blood transfusions and are wicked to see their loved one die.
Truth: Witnesses put much faith in doing God's will. Sorry to disappoint you, they love their children and loved ones. In fact, medical practitioners agree that it is not safe either, and no guarantee of living well or surviving as no blood samples really match another. Besides, there are other non-blood media. Coming to think of it, Witnesses put faith in the resurrection. Yes, so why worry of this wicked world?
Have more questions? Visit www.jw.org or simply ask them here constructively.

No difference between the so called myths and the "explanations" you gave bro
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Sultty(m): 1:17pm On May 31, 2020
Lostz:
because they don't pledge their loyalty to any country or government.

even you that sing, so you keep to what you sing? are you loyal to your country? are you honest in all your dealings?
I'm directing d question to u Jehovah witnesses, I'm very loyal to Nigeria sir
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by paltielx: 1:17pm On May 31, 2020
mperornero:
I know bro, not also a good talker ..I like the church sha, been to their meeting a couple of times, but I stopped cause of that evangelism stuff.
Lol bro, don't give up, if Jesus the second most powerful person could come to the earth, did evangelism and then die on the course of that work. Please be zealous for fine works
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by blowjohn(m): 1:17pm On May 31, 2020
Lostz:

that scripture is self explanatory. it is clear that those gifts were for a limited amount of time

okay, show me one person in Nigeria that is speaking in tongues today?

how many covid19 patients have you or any Nigerian pastor healed? how many are you laying your hands on?

the holy Spirit is there to guide us according to God's will. the holy Spirit is not just there to help you speak in tongues

Meaning all the pastors in nigeria are fake?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Investnow2017: 1:19pm On May 31, 2020
IamAsiri:

I for one don't speak meaningless words. I speak in tongues. I don't formulate words but I believe that the Holy Spirit gives me utterances. I am a child of God. I am a believer of Jesus Christ and therefore a Christian. I believe that the Holy Spirit lives within me and speaks to me, cos He is a person not a feeling. I do not believe that the Holy Spirit left the earth with the apostles. The Holy Spirit was also promised to me as a believer as Jesus promised every believer.

I pledge my allegiance to God, to Christ Jesus and to the Holy Spirit. So help me God.

So what do you achieve by speaking in tongues. And how do others benefit? And what is the purpose now, because there was a purpose for it back then in the first century.

Yes, Jesus Christ promised the holy spirit. But he was clear as to what that spirit will help his disciples to accomplish, Acts 1:8. Have you meditated on that?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by wisewordd: 1:19pm On May 31, 2020
justli:

Because it's a cult. They the to shield their members from the light of truth. Even the apostle adviced that all messages should be screened and verified. But jw members dear not question their organization position. They are not even allowed to read other literatures.
Isn't that stupid?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by atoleybaba(m): 1:20pm On May 31, 2020
wisewordd:
Meaning they're not Christians, according to you. So, why are you now inviting others to your church while you can't attend theirs? Why do you go to their houses even when you know they worship idols. What makes you feel you're the ones worshipping God the right way?
I just gave u the answer up there...others are invited to worship with the witness cos there is the conviction that they are the true religion.. We go to their house to tell them about the real truth from the bible. What makes me believe Jehovah's witness are worshipping God the right way because they do it discreetly and by arrangement just like the bible commanded. They don't discriminate in the place of worship, no rubbish dressing in place of worship no object or idol in the place of worship, no indecent dance in the place of worship and there is show of true love no matter the color or race or tribe. Everyone consider each other one and equal I can go on and on

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by joyandfaith: 1:20pm On May 31, 2020
explosiveskull:

You should have joined, married her and changed to your preferred denomination, its so easy na. Its unbiblical to divorce so she can't divorce you.

deception!!! And you want world to be better place by being deceptive? it is ok.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 31, 2020
IamAsiri:

what is speaking in tongues?.... please back it up with a Bible verse.

does anyone else understand when you speak in tongues? if no, what is the benefit of your speaking in tongues? did the Bible not instruct you to remain silent if what you speak cannot be understood or there is no one to interpret?

no one is saying holy Spirit left earth because we can no longer speak in tongues. the job of the holy Spirit is not merely to help us speak in tongues
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by surequality: 1:20pm On May 31, 2020
No sense in this nonsense!

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by ferdvict2(m): 1:22pm On May 31, 2020
Lovelies1:
There is one more thing he didn't add which is Jehovah witness believe that Jehovah created Jesus opposing to Christian that Jesus is Lord and the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are three in one person

Anyone who needs this PDF to clear all doubt that the Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit is one should indicate

Op if you are interested to understand indicate

Please, I need it. Thanks
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by justli: 1:22pm On May 31, 2020
Narijoel:

Gibberish

Gibberish you say, but can you refute any of the claim. Open your eyes and see the light of truth. Jesus is the light. Jw org cannot redeem you only the ultimate sacrifice of his death and resurrection can.

Ask yourself, why can't you read your Bible without your literatures.

If you seek truth, God is abundant in mercy. Go on your knees, ask him to reveal the truth to you. Read the king James Bible without the guidance of awake; you will find the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by MajorOvakporaye(f): 1:22pm On May 31, 2020
post=90151363:
We are all ONE in the Body of Christ.

End of Story.

JESUS IS THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER

YES!
Very Good ones at that.

These days any hypocrite can rush online to claim Christianity! tueh!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (44) (Reply)

See The New Technique Pastor Now Use To Lure Customers To Their Churches / Lord's Chosen Members In Abakaliki In Acrobatic Stunts (Photos) / Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.