Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. (69733 Views)

Ask Any Question About Jehovah's Witnesses Here / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Five Things You Never Knew About Jehovah's Witnesses. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (44) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by explosiveskull(m): 1:22pm On May 31, 2020
sacajawea:

Non-Nigerians In Nigeria? So you are hitting that JW coochie
As in someone said they don't have the entitlement mentality of a normal Nigerian girl and they are very descent and respectful.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by joyandfaith: 1:22pm On May 31, 2020
Mutaultope:
They don't pray twice a day or rather they pray only when going out .

A fellow pastor was narrated to me what transpired between his wife , himself and a Jehovah witness member

J. W ...... Good morning ma

WIFE .... Good morning ( how may I help you?)

J. W ...... (introduction ) I have come ma to speak to you about
about the gospel

(the J. W started preaching and the wife cuts in )

Wife,........ sorry , would I have preferred you pray before you
start preaching

J. W .... No madam , I have prayed before coming out

Wife ..... sorry pls ...... my faith requires I (we) pray in
everything and everytime

J.W ...... I can't do that madam ... I have prayed once

After some minutes of discussing whether to pray or not ( the husband come out to end the discussion

Husband ....... My wife said you should pray before preaching, that it negates her own faith...... pls if you can't pray before preaching , you can now take your leave .

THAT WAS THE END OF THE PREACHING

they are not actually not interested in preaching. prayer is just used as an excuse.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by atoleybaba(m): 1:23pm On May 31, 2020
wisewordd:
So, why do they divorce? I know a lot that have divorced.
a lot Is a big word, if u say u know some are divorced I can't argue but saying a lot is a big lie. If u see witnesses getting divorced, it is either based on adultery (most time the offended partner forgives the erring one except the one who committed such act doesn't look like changing)
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by wisewordd: 1:24pm On May 31, 2020
atoleybaba:
I just gave u the answer up there...others are invited to worship with the witness cos there is the conviction that they are the true religion.. We go to their house to tell them about the real truth from the bible. What makes me believe Jehovah's witness are worshipping God the right way because they do it discreetly and by arrangement just like the bible commanded. They don't discriminate in the place of worship, no rubbish dressing in place of worship no object or idol in the place of worship, no indecent dance in the place of worship and there is show of true love no matter the color or race or tribe. Everyone consider each other one and equal I can go on and on
You're judging already and don't want to be judged, you know? And why do many of your members leave if you truly love and take one another as family?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by sacajawea: 1:24pm On May 31, 2020
Cousin9999:
Why did you post an interracial family? That's disgusting.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by explosiveskull(m): 1:25pm On May 31, 2020
joyandfaith:

deception!!! And you want world to be better place by being deceptive? it is ok.
Am I deceiving you, is it your deception?
Ok its better she wastes my time, energy, emotion and resources and I'd remain abel.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by justli: 1:25pm On May 31, 2020
wisewordd:
Isn't that stupid?

It is not stupid. The founder is achieving his aim. The real stupid, is people who swallow everything their church or organization teaches.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by joyandfaith: 1:26pm On May 31, 2020
BABANGBALI:
Very stingy people. Just denying the whole world jollof rice, chicken and cake on birthdays. I ate them die

and God you are claiming to be worshipping says you should love even your enemies.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Investnow2017: 1:26pm On May 31, 2020
justli:

Not so true. Witness deny the body resurrection of Jesus Christ. This is an important part of the hope we have as Christians. Christ defeated death in that he resurrected in body not spirit. Denying that is denying the ultimate sacrifice.

Witness deny the deity of Christ regardless of the hundreds of verses that supports this in both the new and old testament. To support their claim they wrote their own version of the Bible , adjusting key terms to suit their teaching. These is blasphemy.

Witness believe Jesus is already here with us for his second coming. They hold onto this teaching because their leaders have predicted severally the coming of Christ even giving a fixed date. Since they cannot change their position, they then came up with a smart cover-up that Christ is already here with us as for his second coming, only it hasn't been revealed
But this is contrary to the Bible that says: the son on man shall descend in clouds of glory and all shall see him

Witness believe Jesus is arch angel Michael. No where in the Bible is this teaching found. But witness strongly hold onto this.

Witness believe in salvation by work. And they have to as a matter of requirement meet a certain hour of witnessing to merit paradise. When they go out to witness, they do this to meet the mandatory hours.

This is contrary to Bible position to teaches that the sacrifice of Jesus is sufficient for our salvation. He paid the ultimate sacrifice.

I can go on forever as to why jw is a false ministry. It's a cult. They disown their children, if you turn an apostate.

Contrary to what they have you think they believe in the Bible, they don't believe you as an individual can read the Bible and understand it, you need the guidance of the watchtower and awake publications. That is where the real brain washing takes place

So you are saying Jesus resurrected in human body, and so it was in that body that he went back to heaven. Which Bible did you read that? Let us address your point one after the other.
Where in the Bible that Jesus resurrected as a human? I am concerned because this knowledge will tell whether or not you truly know Jesus Christ or not. It is not simply by claiming I know Jesus.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by rottennaija(m): 1:26pm On May 31, 2020
chatinent:
(c) All rights reserved.
Myth: Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in heaven.
Apparently, this is not a new saying as people tend to say what they might have heard about the Witnesses not scrutinizing them whether or not they are truth.

Truth: Jehovah's Witnesses believe in heaven as the residence of the Creator of the Universe.
2. Myth: Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in hell.
Truth: This is where people misunderstand themselves. Jehovah's Witnesses believe 'Hell' is the common grave of mankind. Witnesses do not believe in 'hell fire' as it is unbiblical, unless you'll show me where the original sinners -- Adam and Eve -- went to 'hell fire.'
Myth: Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate anything.
Truth: If you mean holidays like birthdays, Christmas etc., of course yes. Think: what is the relevance of Santa Claus in the bible? Do they or not have pagan origins? In fact, Witnesses commemorate the Death of Jesus as Jesus asked his disciples to do.
4. Myth: Jehovah's Witness do not speak in tongues.
Truth: Well, Jehovah's Witnesses speak many languages as they come from differing lands but do not involve in the ecstatic speaking performed today by religious leaders. The first century Christians who received the gift used it to preach to people (as the early congregants were filled with people from many lands), so they spoke a language and all who heard understood. Note: To preach. Is that what is done today? Don't throw caution to the wind.

5. Myth: Jehovah's Witnesses do not do blood transfusions and are wicked to see their loved one die.
Truth: Witnesses put much faith in doing God's will. Sorry to disappoint you, they love their children and loved ones. In fact, medical practitioners agree that it is not safe either, and no guarantee of living well or surviving as no blood samples really match another. Besides, there are other non-blood media. Coming to think of it, Witnesses put faith in the resurrection. Yes, so why worry of this wicked world?
Have more questions? Visit www.jw.org or simply ask them here constructively.

Let me take you on again on point 5

This is fact - the bible forbids the eating of blood not blood transfusion. It warns against the eating of blood in the ritual where animals serves as food.

The Genesis account (Ge 9:1-7) of Noah law warned against the eating of the animals with its blood. The blood is poured out in acknowledgement that the life thus sacrificed (for food) was taken by divine permission, not by natural right. This shows respect for animal life during the ritual of slaughter. In its strict Hebrew wording, it means that an "animal should not have flesh torn off it for food, whilst the animal is still alive." It means that out of respect for the life of an animal, it was to be bled when being killed for food; a command against eating things strangled.

The passages in the old testament prohibited against the eating of flesh with its blood - a situation where a man kills the victim and then uses the blood without returning (pour out) it to God, who alone has the right to take life. (Compare Le 7:26, 17:11; 17:13)

Blood transfusions, is not the result of the killing of either animals or humans, the blood comes from a living donor who continues to live. Rather than representing death (as those referred in the bible), such blood is employed for the very opposite purpose, namely, preservation of life.

Now, Blood is a symbol of life, just a symbol. The real thing is life. Is then morally acceptable you hold on to a symbol and allow the real thing which is life to waste away? Does does it show respect for life that allow life to waste away when they are ways in which the said life can be saved?

Let me illustrate, the wedding ring is a symbol of a marriage between two people. When face with a life or dead situation, is it moral for a husband to hold on to a wedding ring, a symbol of his marriage to his wife and allow his wife to die?

Now, aside the fact that God has not commanded that blood should not be used to save life (as in the case of blood transfusion) but warned against the eating of blood, let just say he had warned against blood transfusion.

What do you learn form Jesus personality throughout the bible? Did he not consistently demonstrated that need override laws, that mercy overrides sacrifice? Did he not reflect God mind when he said “if YOU had understood what this means, 'I want mercy, and not sacrifice,' YOU would not have condemned the guiltless ones.” (Mt 12:7) Why should we sacrifice our lives when God has not requested for it?

In another occasion, condemning the Pharisee’s scrupulous strictness to the letters of the law, He said: “you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was necessary to do, yet not to disregard the other things- (Mt 23:23)”.

Have you heard of the Jewish principles of Pikuach Nefesh? Do you seen on how many occasions Jesus display that principles? Have you ever heard your religious leaders mention that expression before among witnesses even though it is known and applied throughout the world?

Let me ask you, does Jehovah forbid cannibalism? The eating of human flesh? Does forbid organ transplants to save life? Does Jehovah's Witnesses allow organ transplant to save life?

On what grounds should blood transfusion be forbidden but organ transplant is allowed? Do you know that blood transfusion is the transplants of fluid tissues?

Do you know that in isolated occasions, when humans needed to eat unbled meat in order to sustain their own life, the Mosaic Law permitted such, but then required the eaters to fulfill the requirements of being “unclean” for a few hours. (Lev 17:13-16)

ChristianFreedo
rottennaija

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 31, 2020
Sultty:

I'm directing d question to u Jehovah witnesses, I'm very loyal to Nigeria sir

are you honest in all your dealings?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by joyandfaith: 1:28pm On May 31, 2020
explosiveskull:

Am I deceiving you, is it your deception?
Ok its better she wastes my time, energy, emotion and resources and I'd remain abel.

it is ok, continue.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by SILVERLINES: 1:29pm On May 31, 2020
chatinent:
(c) All rights reserved.
Apparently, this is not a new saying as people tend to say what they might have heard about the Witnesses not scrutinizing them whether or not they are truth.

Truth: Jehovah's Witnesses believe in heaven as the residence of the Creator of the Universe.
Truth: This is where people misunderstand themselves. Jehovah's Witnesses believe 'Hell' is the common grave of mankind. Witnesses do not believe in 'hell fire' as it is unbiblical, unless you'll show me where the original sinners -- Adam and Eve -- went to 'hell fire.'
Truth: If you mean holidays like birthdays, Christmas etc., of course yes. Think: what is the relevance of Santa Claus in the bible? Do they or not have pagan origins? In fact, Witnesses commemorate the Death of Jesus as Jesus asked his disciples to do.
Truth: Well, Jehovah's Witnesses speak many languages as they come from differing lands but do not involve in the ecstatic speaking performed today by religious leaders. The first century Christians who received the gift used it to preach to people (as the early congregants were filled with people from many lands), so they spoke a language and all who heard understood. Note: To preach. Is that what is done today? Don't throw caution to the wind.

5. Myth: Jehovah's Witnesses do not do blood transfusions and are wicked to see their loved one die.
Truth: Witnesses put much faith in doing God's will. Sorry to disappoint you, they love their children and loved ones. In fact, medical practitioners agree that it is not safe either, and no guarantee of living well or surviving as no blood samples really match another. Besides, there are other non-blood media. Coming to think of it, Witnesses put faith in the resurrection. Yes, so why worry of this wicked world?

Nice one Op but I will never agreed with you on the fifth.

I love Jehovah witnesses cos they preach the truth gospel. In fact they open my eyes to many things and above all they are so humble.

There's this elderly man that do preach and conduct Bible lesson with me years ago in my former resident. This man is a retired principal and wealthy with grown up educated children but he was so meek and kind to me even when I was nothing then. Some day he came around and we have discussion on from the Bible with my little hand book what did the Bible teach, so after the discussion he promised to bring me another handbook that very day. Immediately this man left the cloud change the sky was dark accompanied with heavy rain which lasted for through the remaining day. Behold I couldn't believe what I saw, what I saw pang me to my very unrepentant soul; I heard someone calling my name from the outside the gate I opened the door dash out to the balcony behold I saw this man was soaked under the rain and I pick up umbrella rush to him, he handed to me the small kind of texts book and I asked why he couldn't wait he replied that he made a promise to bring me the book that very day. I couldn't believe such integrity. I felt like zachues whom Jesus visited. From then till now I doesn't joke with Jehovah witnesses anywhere I see them, most times I attended their meetings.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by justli: 1:29pm On May 31, 2020
KingRabota:
Hmm one in the body of Christ ?

JW no gree that wan 0

I there mind ,they are the only good people , while everyone else is evil. They believe that they are the only people who understand what God is telling us in the Bible. Meanwhile every time they they try to interpret biblical prophecy they ALWAYS get it wrong. (Aand please don't bring 1914 or 1975 near this place)

If you want to know why it's membership seems so committed, it's because of something I call voluntary brainwash. Their "Society " has made them believe that everything they do in the the name of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is directly from God. ( Grade 1 brainwashing)

Let me pause.

Oh and when you wanna mention me for nonsense keep in mind that I was a member who found out the who real JW are

so I use God beg unu please don't get me started

God bless you. Perhaps you should consider sharing your story , how you found the light of truth, so other may be touch.
Some of these members are deep in this brain washing and they can't even questions their beliefs
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by ademijuwonlo(f): 1:29pm On May 31, 2020
I have never been to their kingdom hall but I love Jehovah's witnesses b'cos they preach the gospel! I had bible teaching with them from age 6-27. I am who I am now because of the teachings I had with JWs and I can never forget in a lifetime.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by wisewordd: 1:30pm On May 31, 2020
atoleybaba:
I just gave u the answer up there...others are invited to worship with the witness cos there is the conviction that they are the true religion.. We go to their house to tell them about the real truth from the bible. What makes me believe Jehovah's witness are worshipping God the right way because they do it discreetly and by arrangement just like the bible commanded. They don't discriminate in the place of worship, no rubbish dressing in place of worship no object or idol in the place of worship, no indecent dance in the place of worship and there is show of true love no matter the color or race or tribe. Everyone consider each other one and equal I can go on and on
And also, why do majority of your members sleep around with the idol worshipers? Especially your ladies. If you're heavenly and don't discriminate as you claim, why?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by SILVERLINES: 1:30pm On May 31, 2020
chatinent:
(c) All rights reserved.

I love Jehovah witnesses cos they preach the truth gospel. In fact they open my eyes to many things and above all they are so humble.

There's this elderly man that do preach and conduct Bible lessons with me years ago in my former resident. This man is a retired principal and wealthy with grown up educated children but he was so meek and kind to me even when I was nothing then. Some day he came around and we had discussion from the Bible with my little hand book what does the Bible teach, so after the discussion he promised to bring me another handbook that very day. Immediately this man left the cloud change the sky was dark accompanied with heavy rain which lasted through the remaining hours of the day. Behold I couldn't believe what I saw, what I saw pang me to my very unrepentant soul; I heard someone calling my name from the outside the gate I opened the door dash out to the balcony behold I saw this man was soaked under the rain and I pick up umbrella rush to him, he handed to me the small kind of texts book and I asked why he couldn't wait he replied that he made a promise to bring me the book that very day and have fulfilled his promise, I couldn't believe such integrity. I felt like Zacchaeus whom Jesus visited. From then till now I doesn't joke with Jehovah witnesses anywhere I see them, most times I attended their meetings.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by JoffreyBeroth(m): 1:31pm On May 31, 2020
Number 5 answer is not genuine. Totally not logical
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by atoleybaba(m): 1:32pm On May 31, 2020
wisewordd:
You're judging already and don't want to be judged, you know? And why do many of your members leave if you truly love and take one another as family?
lol I am not!!! I only stated the obvious about what people use to decorate their churches, a symbol of what is assumed that Jesus died on, and most churches pray facing such objects and it is usually cited on the pulpit... Is that judging?......again "many" is a strong word. How many witnesses do you know? What if I tell u that out of the so called many that left, half if not more than has come back after seeing that there is nothing to life than to worship the only true God Jehovah
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by joyandfaith: 1:32pm On May 31, 2020
gowonmaharajah:

in your last word there,BEING DISOWNED.
that's what Jehovah witnesses do.once a child decides to dump their own doctrines or go to another denominations apart from theirs.The next thing they will do to such child is that they'll disown him/her.

they're scripturally sound though and I had their impartation while I was growing up.
buh some odd things about them is what pisses me off

like what. we can set matters straight
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 31, 2020
blowjohn:

Meaning all the pastors in nigeria are fake?

it is not my job to answer that question for you.

but I will want you to read act 2:4-11. it will help you understand what it really means to speak in tongues

Acts 2:4-11 New International Version (NIV)
All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard their own language being spoken. Utterly amazed, they asked: “Aren’t all these who are speaking Galileans? Then how is it that each of us hears them in our native language? Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,
Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs—we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!”

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Narijoel(m): 1:35pm On May 31, 2020
justli:

Gibberish you say, but can you refute any of the claim. Open your eyes and see the light of truth. Jesus is the light. Jw org cannot redeem you only the ultimate sacrifice of his death and resurrection can.

Ask yourself, why can't you read your Bible without your literatures.

If you seek truth, God is abundant in mercy. Go on your knees, ask him to reveal the truth to you. Read the king James Bible without the guidance of awake; you will find the truth.
Can't refute any claims you say? What a shame, a young JW kid will convienently do that.
From experience, discussions like this on faceless forums achieve little or no result. Kindly find a JW in your area who would not only refute yours false claims to your face but will help you grasp the real truth that you have refused to see. Nobody will force you to this, it is yours to choose.
Shalom
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Investnow2017: 1:35pm On May 31, 2020
wisewordd:

I don't know the source of your claim that many members leave. Assuming that was true, how is that a problem? Many left Jesus Christ when they could not fit to being his disciples during his day. Have you not read it at John chapter 6?
And by the way, only few people can stay and remain in the way that leads to life, read Matthew chapter 7:13,14. How many people were saved in Noah's day when God saw fit to destroy the world? Only 8! And only 3 were save when he destroyed two cities - Sodom and Gomorrah. What does that tell you?
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Omoluabi16(m): 1:35pm On May 31, 2020
That one na church? It's all love,peace and happiness until you decide to leave their denomination.
They then ostracize you.. they cut you off. Family members or even parents disown you. Is it a cult

2 Likes

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by wisewordd: 1:35pm On May 31, 2020
atoleybaba:
a lot Is a big word, if u say u know some are divorced I can't argue but saying a lot is a big lie. If u see witnesses getting divorced, it is either based on adultery (most time the offended partner forgives the erring one except the one who committed such act doesn't look like changing)
Why would they commit such act? I thought they're Christlike, the actual Christians that married a responsible and God fearing partner that were both taught the truth and in the right place. You're making you guys seem perfect, but you know that's not true.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by justli: 1:35pm On May 31, 2020
Investnow2017:

So you are saying Jesus resurrected in human body, and so it was in that body that he went back to heaven. Which Bible did you read that? Let us address your point one after the other.
Where in the Bible that Jesus resurrected as a human? I am concerned because this knowledge will tell whether or not you truly know Jesus Christ or not. It is not simply by claiming I know Jesus.

Very simple. He asked Thomas to feel his body( the bones and flesh) as ghosts or spirits don't have bones and flesh.
He dipped his fingers where the nails have pierced his flesh, then he exclaimed my lord and my God.

Again, when the eye witnesses went to the tomb, the body was not there. The body was resurrected.

Question is, if Jesus didn't resurrect in his body, why was the pierced skin still there?

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by sacajawea: 1:37pm On May 31, 2020
explosiveskull:

As in someone said they don't have the entitlement mentality of a normal Nigerian girl and they are very descent and respectful.
But you still hitting that JW coochie undecided
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 31, 2020
"In fact, medical practitioners agree that it is not safe either, and no guarantee of living well or surviving as no blood samples really match another"

Stop the lies bro/sis. Go get useful information about blood transfusion b4 coming here to display ignorance

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 31, 2020
wisewordd:
And also, why do majority of your members sleep around with the idol worshipers? Especially your ladies. If you're heavenly and don't discriminate as you claim, why?

how many have you seen? you don't judge everyone because of the action of few individuals?

the most important thing is that they don't tolerate it unlike many other religious group. they always cut off any member that is caught sleeping around from their midst
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by atoleybaba(m): 1:38pm On May 31, 2020
wisewordd:
again stop usin many much majority.... Do you know how many witnesses we have in the world? Cos u know some promiscuous lady doesn't mean they make up majority.... U are right some ladies that call themselves witnesses engage in such thing, some repent and confess and are disciplined, others are caught. While some other few are still getting away with it. And funny thing is I basically tell u that most of the jw that u know that are doing such up and down are not really witnesses? What do I mean, some where born as a jw(their papa and mama na witness) but somehow, got influenced by the things of the world and decided not to dedicate their life to God. Those ones can be jw by mouth but not truly jw...cos ur parents go to Jehovah's Witness and u sef dy follow them no mean say u be Jehovah's witness..... Until you make a public declaration by water baptism and also making a vow to God that you will keep doing things that will make him proud?, u are not a witness
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by joyandfaith: 1:39pm On May 31, 2020
Mcslize:

Bro, same thing I am still contemplating. On a serious note, witness marriages last longer. Going by what I am seeing in our society today of how fast marriages crashed, I might end up going for a witness girl. But the thing is that, you can't marry if you are not part of the organization. If we go by fidelity, give it to witnesses. Their wives will never do those nonsenses marriage people do outside their matrimonial marriages.

it is hypocritical that you want to marry a witness girl but you do not want to be one.
Re: Five (5) Misconceptions About Jehovah's Witnesses. by Investnow2017: 1:41pm On May 31, 2020
SILVERLINES:

There's this elderly man that do preach and conduct Bible lessons with me years ago in my former resident. This man is a retired principal and wealthy with grown up educated children but he was so meek and kind to me even when I was nothing then. Some day he came around and we had discussion from the Bible with my little hand book what does the Bible teach, so after the discussion he promised to bring me another handbook that very day. Immediately this man left the cloud change the sky was dark accompanied with heavy rain which lasted through the remaining hours of the day. Behold I couldn't believe what I saw, what I saw pang me to my very unrepentant soul; I heard someone calling my name from the outside the gate I opened the door dash out to the balcony behold I saw this man was soaked under the rain and I pick up umbrella rush to him, he handed to me the small kind of texts book and I asked why he couldn't wait he replied that he made a promise to bring me the book that very day and have fulfilled his promise, I couldn't believe such integrity. I felt like Zacchaeus whom Jesus visited. From then till now I doesn't joke with Jehovah witnesses anywhere I see them, most times I attended their meetings.

I enjoyed your experience with the JW. If I may ask, what is really the issue at stake at point No. 5? Is it No Blood Transfusion?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (44) (Reply)

See The New Technique Pastor Now Use To Lure Customers To Their Churches / Lord's Chosen Members In Abakaliki In Acrobatic Stunts (Photos) / Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.