Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused (25980 Views)

Funny Thing Your Spouse Did While You Were Quarreling That Got You Laughing / A Married Woman's Facebook Post That Got People Talking / See The Simple Wedding That Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by ModestGal(f): 10:37am On May 27, 2020
Hmmn
Happy Children's day to all children
As for me, there's nothing I love about childhood, nore teenagehood. As far as I can remember, I have always have this my adult mind, childhood was a bondage for me.
There's no sweetness that can be compared to myself at this age with total freedom and privacy. I greet who I wanna greet, I stay in door and close my door once I don't wanna mingle or engage in conversations, having my room to myself, locking myself up when I want, pursuing my interest as I wish.

I remember myself as far as I was 2years old, not like I didn't play at all as a child and wasn't depressed, but I was psychologically present and aware of the world. I remember how much I wanted to be an adult and live exactly this way, whenever I see old females then, I always think of when I will become like them and I felt sad when I would measure my height and not as tall as those older females.

I would prefer to die than to go back to childhood/teenagehood. Adulthood is everything I want
Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by IVORY2009(m): 10:37am On May 27, 2020
Torie8:
I played ten ten mummy and daddy play and I was always the child.

Lie lie lipsrsealed grin
Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by Farki: 10:38am On May 27, 2020
On children's day my family decided to take us all to a popular restaurant for fun.

When we got there I saw a girl from my class, she was the finest girl in the class and we didn't really talk much.

Since I was dressing nice and full of confidence I left the place where my family was sitting and went to talk to her.

Like that we talked, listened to the music, played games and just enjoyed each other's company.

That was my first 'date' and was the best children's day ever.

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by Liposure: 10:38am On May 27, 2020
Divay22:
Cooking outside
I mean using my mum's garri or rice, pepper, salt, Maggi i must add everything. We end up not eating it thou.
bad cook
Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by White007(m): 10:39am On May 27, 2020
To all the men who always reports their wives to their mother's, Happy children's day o!!! grin cheesy�

2 Likes

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by kemii3152: 10:39am On May 27, 2020
[color=#] 2303118[/color]
Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by Legendarytonyy: 10:40am On May 27, 2020
Back then!!!! ��

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by Liposure: 10:42am On May 27, 2020
ModestGal:
Hmmn
whats hmmm. Abi urs was boring
Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by Farki: 10:42am On May 27, 2020
Demmtek:
Chai I don miss my childhood

I remember the days of speedy and goodie goodie.

Back then only the big boys will be eating speedy, it was so good but so hard to find. grin
Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by SeriouslySense(m): 10:43am On May 27, 2020
I had many games to play as a child, like running, hide and seek even with my dogs, climbing trees, gardening, flying kites, playing with cantar, and so much, I am trying to remember the name for that game, where you throw a stone into a box line in the sand and you then jump into several boxes lines in the sand to pick the stone

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by kemii6979: 10:43am On May 27, 2020
Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by babtoundey(m): 10:43am On May 27, 2020
I had uninhibited freedom as a child. With me, it was always going out and returning home only when hunger signaled. I was a free bird that was conquering and exploring its space. I tested and engaged in all sorts of of plays; rough and benign. I could remember being constantly spanked and questioned by my mum how and why most of my trousers get worn-out and torn from ankle. Why wouldn't my trousers tear from the ankle when I couldn't do without crawling while playing soccer. Children of todays are missing a lot. Their plays are limited to sitting before TV watching cartoons and being caged What cartoons can be as entertaining as doing "buuru o", singing "meh meran" and listening to series of unending African folktales?

Childhood is a bliss!

4 Likes

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by Prenonjebose: 10:45am On May 27, 2020
nanauju:
If your childhood was filled with memories of this.. Happy children's day to you kiss
We called it table soccer. There were times when children in the neighborhood would gather in my parents' house for competition, especially during any form of holiday.

2 Likes

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by Liposure: 10:45am On May 27, 2020
ofiko123:
Rubber band playing..
salubata
Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by adoreyou(m): 10:45am On May 27, 2020
SweetCunt97:
So all these you mentioned gives creativity? Kids of these days are smart and sharp all thanks to modernization. We need fast thinking kids who will grow up into successful innovative adults.
Ok! Sweetcunt.
Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by SeriouslySense(m): 10:46am On May 27, 2020
Yes it was great time, they tried to cage me too, at home, but i always ran out
babtoundey:
I had uninhibited freedom as a child. With me, it was always going out and returning home only when hunger signaled. I was a free bird that was conquering and exploring its space. I tested and engaged in all sorts of of plays; rough and benign. I could remember being constantly spanked and questioned by my mum how and why most of my trousers get worn-out and torn from ankle. Why wouldn't my trousers tear from the ankle when I couldn't do without crawling while playing soccer. Children of todays are missing a lot. Their plays are limited to sitting before TV watching cartoons and being caged What cartoons can be as entertaining as doing "buuru o", singing "meh meran" and listening to series of unending African folktales?

Childhood is a bliss!
Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by iomoge2(f): 10:47am On May 27, 2020
I can't forget building mud house with my feet and hands.
I remember building bridges and water ways on d sand.
I even did water fall and gardens. At a time, built a whole settlement.

Now I am an Architect without knowing how God did it.

2 Likes

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by DropsMic(m): 10:49am On May 27, 2020
What it means to be a black kid in America... While His mates are celebrating children's day, the kid you see in the picture below is protesting the killing of George Floyd

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by Liposure: 10:50am On May 27, 2020
SeriouslySense:
I had many games to play as a child, like running, hide and seek even with my dogs, climbing trees, gardening, flying kites, playing with cantar, and so much, I am trying to remember the name for that game, where you throw a stone into a box line in the sand and you then jump into several boxes lines in the sand to pick the stone
i miss flying kites

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:50am On May 27, 2020
Bojack:
Four man post was the best grin

The Bahushe brought ups can relate with this..

Bukuru, Pambeguwa.
Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by Mechatronika(m): 10:51am On May 27, 2020
Hit like if you remember "Milo Last Kid Standing"

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by SeriouslySense(m): 10:51am On May 27, 2020
Me too, that was great Joy, I felt so happy making mud houses, especially after the rain, the sand smelt nice, the memory of the smell of the rain on the sand and ants, it was great, and I am sure when your mud house was beautiful, your friend got jealous and scattered them, hahaha, childhood had great times.

I also remember when at night, when the stars were bright and much in the sky, my mum tried telling me stories.

iomoge2:

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by caprini1: 10:53am On May 27, 2020
I still cringe at the dangers we survived as kids,still wonder how we stayed alive,i cant even mention the things we did,..but who remembers the summersaults at bar- beach sand dunes in the 80,s?

But my biggest smile maker till date,is when i will come back from primary school so hungry,and my mum ,instead of her to say food is almost ready ,she will tell me to go the 3rd floor of our house and yell to the heavens in igbo " agu nekwe gi o" meaning " hunger mind yourself o" three times ,that the hunger will disappear.After yelling the main hunger will now come,as i am coming down to our floor ,see my hot food on the table.grin .,...still smile anytime i remember this.

3 Likes

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by omogbolahanwon(m): 10:53am On May 27, 2020
iomoge2:

GROWING UP NA SCAM.
Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by Humanoid01(m): 10:54am On May 27, 2020
Demmtek:
Chai I don miss my childhood

Damnnn! Guy you just summed up my childhood with all these pictures. Do you remember coconut biscuit, pepper snack, stixi, fishly snack and milkmade biscuit, even coconut candy? Good old days, chai!
Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by yesloaded: 10:55am On May 27, 2020
nanauju:
If your childhood was filled with memories of this.. Happy children's day to you kiss

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by Amanda4life: 10:55am On May 27, 2020
grin grin grin angry

I wish I'm still a child

2 Likes

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by SeriouslySense(m): 10:56am On May 27, 2020
Me too, now I appreciate the aerodynamics of flying the kite, streamlining the shape of the kite, to use the flow of air to keep it buoyant.
Liposure:
i miss flying kites

1 Like

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by Liposure: 10:57am On May 27, 2020
SweetCunt97:
So all these you mentioned gives creativity? Kids of these days are smart and sharp all thanks to modernization. We need fast thinking kids who will grow up into successful innovative adults.
no way, kids of then are way beta, smarter n sharper than kids of now becos they created sumtin out of nothing without help from any modern technology

3 Likes

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by Prenonjebose: 11:01am On May 27, 2020
ImDStar:
He be like say na ajepako dey enjoy childhood pass oo grin grin grin grin
Yes o. Ajebutta goes to the swimming pool just to swim, while ajekpako goes to the local River or stream not only to swim but also to catch fish and dig out crab. Ajebutta is chaperoned as he strolls around, or he is driven around, while ajekpako strolls around with his catapult trying to kill every birds and lizards he sees

2 Likes

Re: Children's Day: Childhood Memories, Fun Games That Got You Amused by Liposure: 11:01am On May 27, 2020
ModestGal:
Hmmn
Happy Children's day to all children
As for me, there's nothing I love about childhood, nore teenagehood. As far as I can remember, I have always have this my adult mind, childhood was a bondage for me.
There's no sweetness that can be compared to myself at this age with total freedom and privacy. I greet who I wanna greet, I stay in door and close my door once I don't wanna mingle or engage in conversations, having my room to myself, locking myself up when I want, pursuing my interest as I wish.

I remember myself as far as I was 2years old, not like I didn't play at all as a child and wasn't depressed, but I was psychologically present and aware of the world. I remember how much I wanted to be an adult and live exactly this way, whenever I see old females then, I always think of when I will become like them and I felt sad when I would measure my height and not as tall as those older females.

I would prefer to die than to go bak to childhoo
no wonder

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Are Mothers So Loved By Their Children Than Their Fathers? / What Is The Problem Between Mothers And Their Daughter-In-Laws? / What Is That Thing You Don't Pray Your Children Inherits From You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.