Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? (58083 Views)

N-power Batch C: 3 Steps To Avoid Disqualification Even After Biometrics / Immigration: FG Bars Persons Who Stammer, Bad Teeth, K-Legs, Obesity From Job / Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Johnnyplus01k(m): 6:28pm On May 27, 2020
O boi dat can't be a reason abi na ur appearance
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Semaj77(m): 6:37pm On May 27, 2020
barnny:
i didn't remember to edit that. That is what they send to me

*facepalm*

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by makydebbie(f): 6:37pm On May 27, 2020
chrischukszy01:
It's not ur gap tooth, but ur body odor uncle!

Don't be a fool.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Cblessing(m): 6:38pm On May 27, 2020
OP,

Please visit a Dental Clinic and have the lower tooth on the right CAPPED.

That'll help bridge the opening on your lower gum to a large extent or completely.

Good luck.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by edward1106(m): 6:39pm On May 27, 2020
barnny:
Pls there is this question bothering me for some times now. It has become a constant headache during and after every interview.
Pls my Dear Honourable members in Nairaland, Is gap teeth in anyway an excuse interviewers use to disqualify people from any job, Most especially on banking jobs?

I have attended several interviews where I am convinced that i tried during the interview but unfortunately ended up not being shortlisted. I am beginning to think that my gap teeth might be a hindrance to all of my dream jobs...

Recent I applied for a Banking job, Service Executive to be specific where I got shortlisted for Aptitude test for three times. Latter on after some days i received an invite that i have been shortlisted for Virtual interview which was last week. Early this week I took part in the interview were i was told they will get back to me through mail.

Today i just got a reply that my experience, profile and presentation were remarkable but However, they regret to inform me that I was not recommended at the end of the interview session.

Without been told I already knew My open teeth is behind this again.
Pls help me out on this, if i should stop wasting my time, energy and money applying for jobs. Honestly I'm beginning to get depressed of all the emotional trauma.

The question is Should i stop applying for jobs like banks? Do I still have hope? How will I start imagine things when My age exceed their limit, knowing fully well that banks has limited age range.

Pls help a brother before depression will weigh me down. Below is the screenshot of the message i got from the recruiters and my gap teeth cry cry cry

Nonsense undecided
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by uju22(f): 6:40pm On May 27, 2020
Don't you that is too harsh.
chrischukszy01:
It's not ur gap tooth, but ur body odor uncle!
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Ladycewhy(f): 6:40pm On May 27, 2020
DJMCOTTY:
If you have a solutution why not share with him? Do you think he's happy with the way things are turning out for him? Una get for body .
my friend shut up there,see who dey talk say person get e own for body, you dey crase? The op is obviously barking at the wrong tree. How do you profer a solution to someone who doesn't know what his real problem is? You well so?
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by uju22(f): 6:42pm On May 27, 2020
Maybe that Job is not for you, I don't think its what's you are reasoning it to be. Your own job will come to you. Just keep believing in God.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by sarutobi: 6:45pm On May 27, 2020
my brother you dont have gap teeth. you have a window or door in your teeth. they are different things. cheesy
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Nharncygrace(f): 6:45pm On May 27, 2020
Omeleyi:
Nothing Seun no go see for NL grin... The other time na K-leg story , this time na open teeth. .. I bow for una o grin grin grin grin

Lmao...aswear!!! Different types of humans with different problems.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Neddyogu(m): 6:51pm On May 27, 2020
From the photo, that kinda dentition may affect the way u pronounce words and speak generally. Maybe the job entails u conversing with clients and the employers think a speech impediment would get in the way of the job. But don't give up

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by columnar: 6:54pm On May 27, 2020
TransflectTP:
Lalasticlala, what do you have to say about this?
What your called gap teeth is actually mild or even severe spacing and your dental midline are not even concident and as such a malocclusion,our teeth are an important part of our esthetics,pls visit the nearest dental clinic in a teaching hospital to book an appointment with the orthodontics,u need braces to correct this anomaly (roughly 250k)
I believe the gap teeth contributed 100% to your rejection for such an executive position
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Bellotelli: 6:57pm On May 27, 2020
Mumu.. Then fix ur tooth and get ur job
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by AceVentura: 6:59pm On May 27, 2020
I’m a banker.

Believe me, it has nothing to do with your physical features. What are your qualifications?
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Futuragetty: 7:01pm On May 27, 2020
barnny:
Pls there is this question bothering me for some times now. It has become a constant headache during and after every interview.
Pls my Dear Honourable members in Nairaland, Is gap teeth in anyway an excuse interviewers use to disqualify people from any job, Most especially on banking jobs?

I have attended several interviews where I am convinced that i tried during the interview but unfortunately ended up not being shortlisted. I am beginning to think that my gap teeth might be a hindrance to all of my dream jobs...

Recent I applied for a Banking job, Service Executive to be specific where I got shortlisted for Aptitude test for three times. Latter on after some days i received an invite that i have been shortlisted for Virtual interview which was last week. Early this week I took part in the interview were i was told they will get back to me through mail.

Today i just got a reply that my experience, profile and presentation were remarkable but However, they regret to inform me that I was not recommended at the end of the interview session.

Pls help me out on this, if i should stop wasting my time, energy and money applying for jobs. Honestly I'm beginning to get depressed of all the emotional trauma.

The question is Should i stop applying for jobs like banks? Do I still have hope? How will I start imagine things when My age exceed their limit, knowing fully well that banks has limited age range.

Pls help a brother before depression will weigh me down. Below is the screenshot of the message I got from the recruiters and my gap teeth cry cry cry
I have a gap teeth and my inviting smile does magic for me at all times especially with the female folks. I do not think that your gap teeth was the prowerem, they simply decide to go with someone internal, Do not lose sleep over this.something juicy is coming your way.
You obviously have their contact, maybe you should find a way to ask the recruiters what the problem was?
Tell the recruiter that you are looking to improve.

Have you thought of going for teeth filling or contouring?
That your gap teeth is fine but it's not inviting
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:04pm On May 27, 2020
I know of a man who was deported from Saudi Arabia for being too handsome as the Saudi Government claimed that their women would fall for the guy. So it could be that your tooth gap could be a hindrance as the women could not resist you if employed especially other female employees
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Volenti: 7:04pm On May 27, 2020
What makes you think it is your gap teeth? have you been told by an interviewer before?
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by IFNOTGOD(m): 7:08pm On May 27, 2020
barnny:

Pls help a brother before depression will weigh me down. Below is the screenshot of the message i got from the recruiters and my gap teeth cry cry cry

I have gap tooth n I worked in d bank for six years.

I have also experienced rejections n some are worst dat dey tell u, u are over qualified n some will say dey can't pay u.

so don't give up, keep trying n pray more
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by IamHonourable1: 7:12pm On May 27, 2020
Are you sure your grammatical know how wasn't the reason behind your disqualification?Because I could see series of mistakes in your write up.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by barnny(m): 7:20pm On May 27, 2020
AceVentura:
I’m a banker.

Believe me, it has nothing to do with your physical features. What are your qualifications?
HND In Accounting Bro
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by VickyRotex(f): 7:20pm On May 27, 2020
What won't I read on NL? cheesy

Op, based on your assertion I guess I wouldn't have gotten a job. undecided but I get you, when we can't point an accusing finger to something, we turn to ourselves. I guess you've ran out of reasons why you would be denied a job after several attempts. Don't give up. Keep pushing.

I have diastema (gap teeth) grin grin and I've never seen it as a problem, neither has anyone around me brought it up as an issue. If I recollect well, it started in my late teenage years. Funny thing is my twin who never had any also got one a year or 2 after mine started, then my sister joined the league. kiss We all have it in the upper front teeth like most people. There are several reasons for diastema, but seeing how some of my family and I became gifted with it, it appears to run in my family. Although my parents don't have it. (you can look up the reason why it runs in family)
Gap teeth is cute and I'm not saying this cos I have one tongue I've just always liked it. Especially when people smile with it. Awwwww kiss kiss kiss

When I went for my dental cleaning early this year, I jokingly asked my dentist what he thinks about it, and he was like "what you talking about? this is beautiful and doesn't pose any threat to your oral health" so OP dont let anyone discourage you about YOU. As long as you practice oral hygiene.

Btw, yours doesn't appear to be diastema. Either ways, if you have an issue with it and its affecting your self esteem or you're worried that its impacting how you pronounce words, then see a practitioner for filling or remove the tiny piece and use braces to close it.

But you need to work on your self esteem, cos when you finally move on from the teeth issue, you'll find another thing to blame. It's an unending circle!

PS: Seun, we need an emoji for gap teeth tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by DJMCOTTY(m): 7:22pm On May 27, 2020
Na Ogun go punish you for opening that shithole of a mouth to insult me, if your retarded brain no fit comprehend you no go ignore the post and walk your miserable life away? Idiot.!!!!!
Dumb cow like you.. Make soak away swallow you there. Orue!!!
Ladycewhy:
my friend shut up there,see who dey talk say person get e own for body, you dey crase? The op is obviously barking at the wrong tree. How do you profer a solution to someone who doesn't know what his real problem is? You well so?
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Gaggii: 7:24pm On May 27, 2020
hidhrhis:
I have gap tooth and I rock it with a smile anytime anywhere
It is my pride
I have upper and lower gap
Why will I have low self esteem cos of something I was born with
They are not looking at ur teeth bro.maybe ur intonation is bad

Upper n lower gap....if clitoris go hang when giving head....na gbeygey

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by okoloemmalex(m): 7:27pm On May 27, 2020
gap teeth or not, the position has been traded

I remembered when I had an interview with IHS some months ago, after which, I had a coursemate who works there,

me trying to keep to keep in touch with the outcome, for me to hear that the MD already had candidates for the position and this was contracted to kennedia consulting o.

my dear, jobs 're traded now by who do you know.

look at what they charging AfDB president Adewumi Adesina for cutting corners, giving out positions to his cronies. it's a Nigerian thing.

my dear, your gap teeth no do anything

shalom!
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by timibare(m): 7:27pm On May 27, 2020
hidhrhis:
I have gap tooth and I rock it with a smile anytime anywhere
It is my pride
I have upper and lower gap
Why will I have low self esteem cos of something I was born with
They are not looking at ur teeth bro.maybe ur intonation is bad
pictures or I don't believe

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by hidhrhis(m): 7:27pm On May 27, 2020
Gaggii:

Upper n lower gap....if clitoris go hang when giving head....na gbeygey
Lols Na 2 kukuma bite am commot if he hang
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by hidhrhis(m): 7:29pm On May 27, 2020
timibare:
pictures or I don't believe
So that nairalander will use me to be doing meme
I no do
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by LINTUNE(m): 7:33pm On May 27, 2020
lol..the space between ur teeth is enough to build duplex on
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by TransflectTP(m): 7:35pm On May 27, 2020
columnar:

What your called gap teeth is actually mild or even severe spacing and your dental midline are not even concident and as such a malocclusion,our teeth are an important part of our esthetics,pls visit the nearest dental clinic in a teaching hospital to book an appointment with the orthodontics,u need braces to correct this anomaly (roughly 250k)
I believe the gap teeth contributed 100% to your rejection for such an executive position

Hello Sir, seems you quoted the wrong person.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Nick31: 7:36pm On May 27, 2020
This teeth mad o
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Goldie16(f): 7:36pm On May 27, 2020
Sorry to say this but gap tooth may appear as to be as a result of violence especially where yours is located. Visit a dentist to get it filled up.
Some interviewers don't hire people with big scars. They go as far as asking interviewees to pull their shirts for them to inspect their bodies. This is to avoid employing a cultists or violent person
Get your tooth fixed.
Goodluck
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Pavillon: 7:38pm On May 27, 2020
Latter on after some days i received an invite that i have been shortlisted for Virtual interview which was last week. Early this week I took part in the interview were i was told they will get back to me through mail.

So even tho it was a virtual interview, the odour still killed the interviewer!??

santino09:
Or maybe mouth odour sad sad sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2021/2022 Advert - How To Apply / NDLEA Aptitude Test 2019: Candidates Climb Buildings, Struggle In Kano, Abuja / N-Power Assessment Details: Starts 20th September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.