Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:20 AM

Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? (58460 Views)

N-power Batch C: 3 Steps To Avoid Disqualification Even After Biometrics / Immigration: FG Bars Persons Who Stammer, Bad Teeth, K-Legs, Obesity From Job / Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Ladycewhy(f): 7:40pm On May 27, 2020
DJMCOTTY:
Na Ogun go punish you for opening that shithole of a mouth to insult me, if your retarded brain no fit comprehend you no go ignore the post and walk your miserable life away? Idiot.!!!!!
Dumb cow like you.. Make soak away swallow you there. Orue!!!
see who dey talk about comprehension ? Look in the mirror . Na you jump carry your rabies enter my mention dey spit shit like the rabied dog wey you be.

Make corona virus kill you and your entire family. Na me cause your frustration? If you and the op get the same problem wey make you dey find solution, forget am ,na inside this frustration you go die put ,who knows next na wide nose you go blame for your failures grin,itiboribo.

Na people like you and your family dem suppose use for this corona virus vaccine test sef , idiot tongue. Ogun don punish you finish,na trailer front tyre go crush your skull !
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by UrVillagePpl: 7:41pm On May 27, 2020
hidhrhis:
I have gap tooth and I rock it with a smile anytime anywhere
It is my pride
I have upper and lower gap
Why will I have low self esteem cos of something I was born with
They are not looking at ur teeth bro.maybe ur intonation is bad

Don't mind him.
Dear OP gap teeth is bae but I don't have sad sad undecided
I so love this actress because of her gap teeth

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by mamato(f): 7:41pm On May 27, 2020
Maybe the way you were pronouncing some words. wink wink grin grin
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by WeRblessed(f): 7:41pm On May 27, 2020
Yes, that was the reason you were rejected. Lower gap teeth is a total turn off. You can fix it though. Just go to the dentist and get braces and within one year, your tooth will close up. Your gap is too wide and at the bottom. You can get a job as a teacher or a developer but not in a bank where your looks is their number one priority upon hiring.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Goldie16(f): 7:42pm On May 27, 2020
hidhrhis:
It is my pride
Yours up and down is a natural gap tooth, while his appears to be missing, there's a difference.
His will be perceived to be as a result of a fight ( fist to the face).
Unfortunately, people try to avoid percieved violent people.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Drizzy5001(m): 7:43pm On May 27, 2020
Who bank job epp, Bros go start better business u go make am.
How much those bankers earn sef? Their shakara too much
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Goldie16(f): 7:44pm On May 27, 2020
. Get your tooth replaced to up your game.
Your instinct isn't lying to you
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Coolcalmcollect(m): 7:51pm On May 27, 2020
1StopRudeness:

U sure say no be ur English....??

Between, all that grammar about your experience and profile na scam...same thing they sent to every that was rejected...It’s just a cosiderate way of telling you they don’t want to hire u so that u don’t feel there’s something wrong with you.....sadly u took it the wrong way cos u now believe since it’s not ur profile, it had to be ur teeth..... you are already having self esteem problem..cool ur jets mehn..
English teacher ode, btw is "by the way" not between. oponu
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 27, 2020
Coolcalmcollect:

English teacher ode, btw is "by the way" not between. oponu

I’m sure u have autocorrect on ur phone...but if your autocorrect doesn’t change ur text... no wahala...

normally I should return the insult...but there’s no point...I understand ur frustration
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by annyz: 8:01pm On May 27, 2020
barnny:
Pls there is this question bothering me for some times now. It has become a constant headache during and after every interview.
Pls my Dear Honourable members in Nairaland, Is gap teeth in anyway an excuse interviewers use to disqualify people from any job, Most especially on banking jobs?

I have attended several interviews where I am convinced that i tried during the interview but unfortunately ended up not being shortlisted. I am beginning to think that my gap teeth might be a hindrance to all of my dream jobs...

Recent I applied for a Banking job, Service Executive to be specific where I got shortlisted for Aptitude test for three times. Latter on after some days i received an invite that i have been shortlisted for Virtual interview which was last week. Early this week I took part in the interview were i was told they will get back to me through mail.

Today i just got a reply that my experience, profile and presentation were remarkable but However, they regret to inform me that I was not recommended at the end of the interview session.

Without been told I already knew My open teeth is behind this again.
Pls help me out on this, if i should stop wasting my time, energy and money applying for jobs. Honestly I'm beginning to get depressed of all the emotional trauma.

The question is Should i stop applying for jobs like banks? Do I still have hope? How will I start imagine things when My age exceed their limit, knowing fully well that banks has limited age range.

Pls help a brother before depression will weigh me down. Below is the screenshot of the message i got from the recruiters and my gap teeth cry cry cry

Some gap tooth affects word pronunciations in some persons and this may affect free flow of communication during oral interviews. The worst is if such person stammers.
The position you seek make require great eloquence and your interviewers may not have been finding that attribute in you.
Why not start from a lower cadre just to enter then you gradually climb to the top while working on yourself.

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by moriretee: 8:03pm On May 27, 2020
hidhrhis:
It is my pride

You are awesome....I also have open teeth....up,down n side n I over rock it....in fact,I get favored each time I smile or laff cuz of my open teeth(s)

2 Likes

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by epistleNow(m): 8:10pm On May 27, 2020
@ barnny

If you do feel it may be the reason, kindly visit a dentist to get a ‘false tooth’ in that gap!
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by DJMCOTTY(m): 8:19pm On May 27, 2020
Since you no get sympathy for the fellow /May the celebration of today never sound in your family henceforth.. grin
Ladycewhy:
see who dey talk about comprehension ? Look in the mirror . Na you jump carry your rabies enter my mention dey spit shit like the rabied dog wey you be.

Make corona virus kill you and your entire family. Na me cause your frustration? If you and the op get the same problem wey make you dey find solution, forget am ,na inside this frustration you go die put ,who knows next na wide nose you go blame for your failures grin,itiboribo. *YOU GO FIND SOLUTION TO YOUR BARRENNESS YOU NO GO SEE*!!!!¡!!

Na people like you and your family dem suppose use for this corona virus vaccine test sef , idiot tongue. Ogun don punish you finish,na trailer front tyre go crush your skull !
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by golddare: 8:25pm On May 27, 2020
I dont think so but if you think so why not solve the issue by visiting a dentist if you really want to be in such a cooperate world.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Chicastle: 8:29pm On May 27, 2020
Wonder shall never end
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Ladycewhy(f): 8:31pm On May 27, 2020
DJMCOTTY:
Since you no get sympathy for the fellow /May the celebration of today never sound in your family henceforth.. grin
bla bla bla, you and the op keep self sabotaging your destiny and be blaming big head , wide nose ,distema and so on,Nonsense. My sympathy will do him no good if he refuses to face the real problem.

As you have confirmed there are people with diastema working in the bank . So STFU!!!.

And by the way, ivf and surrogacy is now a thing,but then an itiboribo like you will not know that would you? undecided.

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by ajimotoke(m): 8:42pm On May 27, 2020
Where was it written in that letter that you were taken becuase of your gap tooth grin
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by bobkezel(m): 8:50pm On May 27, 2020
Jokes apart, your gap tooth looks like those fallen teeth of agberos.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by DonMekino(m): 9:02pm On May 27, 2020
na these ppl from ur village
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by DonMekino(m): 9:07pm On May 27, 2020
See the ppl responsible here, ndi village

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by opribo(m): 9:13pm On May 27, 2020
its not the gap tooth, if gap tooth have anything to do with it, then Bubu should not be in that position.
Gap tooth if you ask me, in Naija its a blessing because most of of them are president grin grin grin grin see IBB.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Siberry: 9:17pm On May 27, 2020
If it bothers you too much, then do something about it. You are lucky small money can fix it.

If you are in lagos, go to military/army dental clinic towards the airport, and get your teeth arranged. They are very affordable.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by adisacool: 9:24pm On May 27, 2020
I will say it is not your gap teeth but probably your dressing, your facial appearance and walk mode.
So many little things cost some people good things.
Please my brother, I pray God provide you a good job but please sit down and examine yourself, ask yourself self some questions and in all pray for the mercy of God to be your guide.

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by perryy(m): 9:27pm On May 27, 2020
Yea, it is a general belief that people with gap toot are either withes or wizards. Let me ask u, are u are a wizard ?
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 27, 2020
This is terious.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by aspirebig: 9:31pm On May 27, 2020
As in??

Open teeth that some people even go as far as meeting dentist to drill their teeth so they can have little opening in between?So they too will be forming open teeth 'beauty.

Op, your problem is something else please. Is either they have a better candidate, preferred candidate or it could be other reasons.

Note better candidate is different from preferred, better candidate means, he performed better than you did in the interview, no politics or sentiment, but preferred, whether you performed better or not, the preferred is taken as he is the chosen one.

I fear people oooh, someone said the interview was held virtually and people are saying, it could be because of "body odour".....which body odour when there was no physical meeting?

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by annyz: 9:43pm On May 27, 2020
Degrezhaa:
Gap teeth being a hindrance again

i have never heard of that

Do you stammer with your gap tooth too? Just asking
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by bigtt76(f): 9:44pm On May 27, 2020
Sorry for that but in some people, gap teeth makes them look like people who got injured in a physical fight while in others they look sexy.

From your pix, yours look like a fight induced gap teeth. Perhaps you should look into getting a denture to fill it up or explain yourself as part of your introduction.

barnny:
Pls there is this question bothering me for some times now. It has become a constant headache during and after every interview.
Pls my Dear Honourable members in Nairaland, Is gap teeth in anyway an excuse interviewers use to disqualify people from any job, Most especially on banking jobs?

I have attended several interviews where I am convinced that i tried during the interview but unfortunately ended up not being shortlisted. I am beginning to think that my gap teeth might be a hindrance to all of my dream jobs...

Recent I applied for a Banking job, Service Executive to be specific where I got shortlisted for Aptitude test for three times. Latter on after some days i received an invite that i have been shortlisted for Virtual interview which was last week. Early this week I took part in the interview were i was told they will get back to me through mail.

Today i just got a reply that my experience, profile and presentation were remarkable but However, they regret to inform me that I was not recommended at the end of the interview session.

Pls help me out on this, if i should stop wasting my time, energy and money applying for jobs. Honestly I'm beginning to get depressed of all the emotional trauma.

The question is Should i stop applying for jobs like banks? Do I still have hope? How will I start imagine things when My age exceed their limit, knowing fully well that banks has limited age range.

Pls help a brother before depression will weigh me down. Below is the screenshot of the message i got from the recruiters and my gap teeth cry cry cry
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by bummyla(m): 9:45pm On May 27, 2020
With 5-9K you can fill up your gap teeth! My Friend had no front teeth, but you wouldnt know they were artificial, if he did not tell you or remove them in front of you! If it is making you depressed! Fill it up! And nobody will know!

https://www.bummyla.com

barnny:

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Kfed4ril(m): 9:48pm On May 27, 2020
1StopRudeness:

U sure say no be ur English....??

Between, all that grammar about your experience and profile na scam...same thing they sent to every that was rejected...It’s just a cosiderate way of telling you they don’t want to hire u so that u don’t feel there’s something wrong with you.....sadly u took it the wrong way cos u now believe since it’s not ur profile, it had to be ur teeth..... you are already having self esteem problem..cool ur jets mehn..

But bros o, how did between enter this comment?
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by JaruJaru890: 9:55pm On May 27, 2020
WeRblessed:
Yes, that was the reason you were rejected. Lower gap teeth is a total turn off. You can fix it though. Just go to the dentist and get braces and within one year, your tooth will close up. Your gap is too wide and at the bottom. You can get a job as a teacher or a developer but not in a bank where your looks is their number one priority upon hiring.
sharap. I have a friend who has lower gap teeth. Employed by zenith as a graduate trainee after youth service (somewhere else). He's still there. Now a manager.
That's u girls that the only thing u about banking is to go to banking hall and withdraw money one alhaji sent to u, will be here talking rubbish and giving useless advices.
Whoever told u banks employ people based on looks? Are banks hotels? Or shoprite?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by masqot(m): 10:08pm On May 27, 2020
See a dentist if you're not comfortable with the gap. Don't be surprised if the trend continues afterwards because it's the Almighty that gives everything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / PWC Or KPMG Which One Should I Choose? / N-Power Assessment Details: Starts 20th September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.