Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,073 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:16 AM

Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? (58464 Views)

N-power Batch C: 3 Steps To Avoid Disqualification Even After Biometrics / Immigration: FG Bars Persons Who Stammer, Bad Teeth, K-Legs, Obesity From Job / Meet Job Hunter Who Got 30 Interviews But Was Rejected Because Of His Neck Tatto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 27, 2020
Kfed4ril:

But bros o, how did between enter this comment?

Auto correct I ddnt ask for ...supposed to be short for by the way
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by dazzlingd(m): 10:20pm On May 27, 2020
barnny:
Pls there is this question bothering me for some times now. It has become a constant headache during and after every interview.
Pls my Dear Honourable members in Nairaland, Is gap teeth in anyway an excuse interviewers use to disqualify people from any job, Most especially on banking jobs?

I have attended several interviews where I am convinced that i tried during the interview but unfortunately ended up not being shortlisted. I am beginning to think that my gap teeth might be a hindrance to all of my dream jobs...

Recent I applied for a Banking job, Service Executive to be specific where I got shortlisted for Aptitude test for three times. Latter on after some days i received an invite that i have been shortlisted for Virtual interview which was last week. Early this week I took part in the interview were i was told they will get back to me through mail.

Today i just got a reply that my experience, profile and presentation were remarkable but However, they regret to inform me that I was not recommended at the end of the interview session.

Without been told I already knew My open teeth is behind this again.
Pls help me out on this, if i should stop wasting my time, energy and money applying for jobs. Honestly I'm beginning to get depressed of all the emotional trauma.

The question is Should i stop applying for jobs like banks? Do I still have hope? How will I start imagine things when My age exceed their limit, knowing fully well that banks has limited age range.

Pls help a brother before depression will weigh me down. Below is the screenshot of the message i got from the recruiters and my gap teeth cry cry cry

Have u ever seen any ugly banker?
Have u seen bankers keeping beards..
Bankers dont keep beards or else it is jaiz bank. If anything will disqualify you, obviously it is your beards

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by otizs: 10:21pm On May 27, 2020
barnny:
Pls there is this question bothering me for some times now. It has become a constant headache during and after every interview.
Pls my Dear Honourable members in Nairaland, Is gap teeth in anyway an excuse interviewers use to disqualify people from any job, Most especially on banking jobs?

I have attended several interviews where I am convinced that i tried during the interview but unfortunately ended up not being shortlisted. I am beginning to think that my gap teeth might be a hindrance to all of my dream jobs...

Recent I applied for a Banking job, Service Executive to be specific where I got shortlisted for Aptitude test for three times. Latter on after some days i received an invite that i have been shortlisted for Virtual interview which was last week. Early this week I took part in the interview were i was told they will get back to me through mail.

Today i just got a reply that my experience, profile and presentation were remarkable but However, they regret to inform me that I was not recommended at the end of the interview session.

Pls help me out on this, if i should stop wasting my time, energy and money applying for jobs. Honestly I'm beginning to get depressed of all the emotional trauma.

The question is Should i stop applying for jobs like banks? Do I still have hope? How will I start imagine things when My age exceed their limit, knowing fully well that banks has limited age range.

Pls help a brother before depression will weigh me down. Below is the screenshot of the message i got from the recruiters and my gap teeth cry cry cry
You sure you're not sick?
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Esthered: 10:23pm On May 27, 2020
Dear OP, I'm not sure it's your gap tooth that's responsible but have you tried to evaluate your performance if you did well rating yourself objectively.
I have a poor dentition, visited dentists in Lagos, Enugu... My teeth is too big for my mouth as diagnosed. They overlap themselves, my molars is at the back of my canine....
But I'm a banker, I work in the front office in operations..... please work on your delivery during interviews.
It is well.

3 Likes

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Tinyemeka(m): 10:33pm On May 27, 2020
barnny:

Fvck that shit!

It's your scraggly beard and not your dentition that is the cause. angry

Bankers are supposed to be clean-shaven at all times (and anyone who tells you otherwise is either an outsider, a low level inexperienced bunkum a.k.a Obote or bank worker, or a semi-literate, toutish ITK. Take it from me bro).

You can't find a professional banker who really knows his onions, sporting a beard, not to talk of a shaggy one with stray hairs sprouting hither-thither. It's cringe-inducing! angry
Search pics of senior staff, managers and CEOs, then you'll understand.

Keep a clean shave when next you have an interview, look for a dentist to fill the gap caused by your missing tooth (shit ain't look like a gap-tooth to me), brush up on your grammar and I think you'll be good to go, since the HR's feedback says you've already got the charisma. undecided

Best of luck next time bro! smiley

#okbye!

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by thesmallgod(m): 10:37pm On May 27, 2020
Don't let this gap tooth give you low self esteem. Just keep on trying. One day, it will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by ksbusari(m): 10:41pm On May 27, 2020
This does not look like a gap o bro. it looks like the ones I see in garage to be honest. try and use an artificial teeth next time.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Hifeylove: 10:48pm On May 27, 2020
Just keep the hope and faith alive.. if an albino can get a federal job with good post and pay.. God will surely do yours soon....

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Maykanu: 10:49pm On May 27, 2020
Love your gap teeth. Seriously looks lovely. But don't worry, some nice job is coming your way soonest

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by smadav554: 10:59pm On May 27, 2020
My cousin is gap-toothed and she has worked at two banks. So I'm not sure being gap-toothed is the reason for your disqualification.
teadrake:
I've never heard of gap tooth being a criteria for job acquisition. When it comes to stuff like this, a lot is always involved. Your position may have been traded with someone else. Don't be depressed bro, yours will come in pretty quick and you'll be amazed.
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by MichaelRey97: 11:19pm On May 27, 2020
teriosly?
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Omoluabi16(m): 11:23pm On May 27, 2020
VickyRotex:

I have diastema (gap teeth)......... Funny thing is my twin who never had kiss
ibeeji re shocked

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by VickyRotex(f): 11:27pm On May 27, 2020
Omoluabi16:
ibeeji re shocked

hahaha yes na. cheesy oya where my oriki angry
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Omoluabi16(m): 11:31pm On May 27, 2020
VickyRotex:

hahaha yes na. cheesy oya where my oriki angry
jor I be modern omoluabi oh. I no sabi oriki ibeeji. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Degrezhaa: 11:38pm On May 27, 2020
annyz:

Do you stammer with your gap tooth too? Just asking
Bro i don't have gap tooth
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by VickyRotex(f): 11:41pm On May 27, 2020
Omoluabi16:
jor I be modern omoluabi oh. I no sabi oriki ibeeji. angry

shocked shocked Friend for SALE!!! angry angry

No worry, me sef no sabi am cheesy grin
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Omoluabi16(m): 11:52pm On May 27, 2020
VickyRotex:

shocked shocked Friend for SALE!!! angry angry

No worry, me sef no sabi am cheesy grin
No think am sef! grin sanwo-eko no gree open marke so you can't. Oriki is a special something people learn.
I think the O.p is just unlucky for now. Hopefully it will end well for him. Gap ooth is not so much a big deal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by VickyRotex(f): 12:06am On May 28, 2020
Omoluabi16:
No think am sef! grin sanwo-eko no gree open marke so you can't. Oriki is a special something people learn.

cheesy No worry, na sanwo-Abuja I go take sell you angry
Yea indeed it is. I have friends and family who know how to say it and each time they say it to me, it sticks then I forget tongue

I think the O.p is just unlucky for now. Hopefully it will end well for him. Gap ooth is not so much a big deal.

Exactly. He just needs to take it easy and keep pushing. I'm sure his teeth isn't the reason for the job refusal.
Gap teeth isn't even a big deal angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by addexx: 3:07am On May 28, 2020
barnny:

Bro you are more than enough. You were laid off just because of the competition and nothing else. Satan's just whispering 'my gap tooth undecided' to your subconscious. To deter you from pressing on. So far you don't have any evident physical disability or medical condition that may affect customer relationship, you're good. Fight harder man. Submit hundred more cvz and attend a thousand more interviews and skill up massively till your big break. wink Also consider other alternatives as time goes on in case the Nigerian factor is at play. You aren't alone in the struggle.

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Nobody: 3:20am On May 28, 2020
Calm down jare
Fine men with nice set of tooth self collect this message after interview. You are too emotional and this is leading you to low self-confidence self

2 Likes

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by HRMK: 3:48am On May 28, 2020
HOW WIDE IS THE GAP TEETH?WIDE ENOUGH TO TAKE A TOOTH?
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by cbngov01(m): 4:45am On May 28, 2020
Dear OP,

I dont thinkmit has to do with your dentition...

When I joined banking, i had a brownish broken tooth and a very scattered dentition but I was taken. So its not about the dentition. Look inward bro and have a positive mindset, not this one you are already thinking it is your dentition.

Also, you might want to keep a clean shave when having an interview. If you are doing Mr. Beard gang and you are bn interviewed by men, it can rub off negatively "just saying"...

U can get your dentition done once you get your dream job.

All the best and God speed!

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by timibare(m): 6:08am On May 28, 2020
hidhrhis:

So that nairalander will use me to be doing meme
I no do
lol
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Monday60655(m): 7:49am On May 28, 2020
Which kind gap teeth issue is this one talking about. Gap teeth has nothing to do in bank work

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by seanwilliam(m): 8:06am On May 28, 2020
Tbh, you no go dey keep secret with that kind of open teeth..that's why grin
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by seanwilliam(m): 8:08am On May 28, 2020
hidhrhis:
I have gap tooth and I rock it with a smile anytime anywhere
It is my pride
I have upper and lower gap
Why will I have low self esteem cos of something I was born with
They are not looking at ur teeth bro.maybe ur intonation is bad
so intonation na wahala..all white collar job don mad walai
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by 12345baba(m): 8:14am On May 28, 2020
I think I blame ur goatie. Keep searching ur job go come at the right time
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by DeeTweenie(f): 9:24am On May 28, 2020
Same with me o.
I have upper and down big gap teeth.

When i smile, it looks good on me.

Most people kuku call me Ejire
hidhrhis:
I have gap tooth and I rock it with a smile anytime anywhere
It is my pride
I have upper and lower gap
Why will I have low self esteem cos of something I was born with
They are not looking at ur teeth bro.maybe ur intonation is bad

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by 007update: 9:39am On May 28, 2020
I don't think that is a reason for your disqualification Mbok!
Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Boade123: 10:52am On May 28, 2020
Bro, your gap tooth is not the issue here.
It's just that you are not lucky to get the job.

My boss in the bank where I once worked had a very wide gap tooth up and down, and he is still the manager of the branch till today.

Don't you know the interviewers also have candidates for that same job you are being interviewed for?
Many interviews are just scam!

Bro, I would advise you to start a side business that you love and if at the end of the day you find a white collar job it is still good. The job will help you to raise enough capital or scale up your business.

Banking job is not always the best especially when it's a contract job like the service executive of a thing.

So, stop wasting your time searching for a job that would make you feel like resigning in your first month of resumption.

I wish you the best in live.

1 Like

Re: Gap Teeth A Reason For Disqualification In Bank Interviews? by Clinghton: 11:09am On May 28, 2020
Maybe the don't think it's facially attractive to customers .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Job Is At Risk Because Of Office Romance Involving My Boss / PWC Or KPMG Which One Should I Choose? / N-Power Assessment Details: Starts 20th September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.