Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) - Science/Technology (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) (72939 Views)

Inside Unhatched Egg Of Dinosaur That Lived In Argentina 80 Million Yrs Ago (Pix / Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago / Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by luminouz(m): 1:10am On May 30, 2020
Xmuslim:

Sir, here's the conclusion of the study. I have goggled the meaning of the jargons in the article and read both abstract and conclusion but found no link between longevity of life in the early human and this study. Infact, the study recommend more research to confirm some of the observations in the study.

Conclusions
The study has observed that there are dose dependent and suggested genetic changes in processes associated to cataractogensis. Our study on the three Donors has shown a difference between donor 1 and the other two donors (donor 2 and donor 3) which suggests genetic linked differences.

However, a bigger cohort will be required to establish if genetics play a role. The results also showed that telomere length increased in culture as telomerase activity decreased, as well as there was no ALT activity in these cells.

Therefore, the telomere length increase is inconclusive, but we propose that this is due to the embryonic nature of the cells. This suggests that a link between telomere length and radiation-induced cataracts seems to be present, however, is not clear at present, further studies will help give a conclusive answer.

Given that this was a cell-based study and that telomerase activity decreased over time in culture and telomere length increased, we suggest a further study ex vivo; where telomerase activity and telomere length is measured in the lens alongside which the opacity of the lens is analyzed. A correlation in this will give a more conclusive link between telomeres and telomerase activity to cataractogenesis.

The guy you quoted has a point. Telomere shortening on genes are the main reasons cells cannot reproduce as they used to as we get older. Creatures like earthworms can ultimate reproduce any part of their body cut off. Scientists have studied this process in other living creatures and are desperately trying to use the knowledge to increase lifespan in humans. If they can break that barrier, old age is a thing of the past,because even diseases can be overcome.

There are several studies done on this and more are currently going on...
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Xmuslim: 1:11am On May 30, 2020
kiddkash:

God has done great things for me.
I was planning so hard to travel to United Kingdom around August last year
no matter how hard I worked, things didn't work out for me.
then coronavirus came out. I do imagine, what if I had made it to U.K
there is a huge chance I'd a victim plus with jobs closed, I'd have starved.

I thank God for this everyday. people may say its luck, I know and believe it's God's work
I know it'll happen after the coronavirus

This is a mere coincidence sir. Many atheist also could not make it to the UK before pandemic.

By the way, what is the offense of other Christians or Muslims that could make it to UK and got killed by the virus?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Xmuslim: 1:14am On May 30, 2020
luminouz:

The guy you quoted has a point. Telomere shortening on genes are the main reasons cells cannot reproduce as they used to as we get older. Creatures like earthworms can ultimate reproduce any part of their body cut off. Scientists have studied this process in other living creatures and are desperately trying to use the knowledge to increase lifespan in humans. If they can break that barrier, old age is a thing of the past,because even diseases can be overcome.

There are several studies done on this and more are currently going on...

He related the study to the elongation in the age of early human. Such as 950yrs age of Noah. I did not find the link
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by ProlificEric(m): 1:19am On May 30, 2020
If only people will learn to approach things objectively and without bias and sentiments
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by luminouz(m): 1:19am On May 30, 2020
Xmuslim:

He related the study to the elongation in the age of early human. Such as 950yrs age of Noah. I did not find the link

Lol, I have no link on that. My interest is purely scientific. I dont dabble in religion talks.
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by staneless(m): 1:21am On May 30, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Oyinbo sha with this their illusional and imaginary animal. Gather here if you don't believe in the existence of both dinosaur and dragon.

They existed, bro...
Only that "150 million years ago" part I don't believe. Like how the Bleep do they know dinosaurs existed that long ago?
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by luminouz(m): 1:24am On May 30, 2020
staneless:

They existed, bro...
Only that "150 million years ago" part I don't believe. Like how the Bleep do they know dinosaurs existed that long ago?

Its called radiocarbon dating... Read up on it bro...saying stuffs like this online makes you look uninformed.
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by omohlexy: 1:35am On May 30, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Oyinbo sha with this their illusional and imaginary animal. Gather here if you don't believe in the existence of both dinosaur and dragon.
I join the gathering. Don't mind them. They are not as smart as we thought. Most of their findings are fraud. Corona exposed them.
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by kiddkash(m): 1:38am On May 30, 2020
Xmuslim:

This is a mere coincidence sir. Many atheist also could not make it to the UK before pandemic.

By the way, what is the offense of other Christians or Muslims that could make it to UK and got killed by the virus?
like I said I believe it was God's plan
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Nobody: 1:46am On May 30, 2020
author=Proffdada post=90105600]
Nice explanation Sir
Ambergris is also gotten from sperm whale excrement too
Seems you know much about perfumes Boss, your patronage will mean so much to our small brand
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by fortran12: 1:51am On May 30, 2020
maynia:

Lame excuse
God is real and your opinion about him does not matter in this case.
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Tomiwa69(m): 2:03am On May 30, 2020
Avoidsexxx:

pride comes from hell
this dust spirit made man sounds so sure of what he don't know about. GOD Know you when you are just cloth of blood in the womb and also when poopoo and urinates all over ur mama cloths. Mr. Science freethinker do u know ur 5th grand papa?
we humans smth else, u hv d time to study all that u claim u know but never knelt down to pray and feel GOD. Freethinker.
if not air is free to every one of us by GOD'S Grace (not by ur science nonsense labs, they sale oxygen u know)
Air is free cause the universe made earth hospitable for life to exist...there is no atmosphere on mars...tell me y don't ur god Put living Thing there... Ooooh wait..Cause the universe is the creator of all that exist in it...ur god was just lucky to av advanced before mankind to be able to travel interstellar with their advanced technology to come here to colonise early humans in our galaxy.who Probably were just birthed by the universe
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Tomiwa69(m): 2:09am On May 30, 2020
Shindosky2:

philosopher like me
I Hail ooo
Even if god Show face now now..I av a lot of question to ask that two Face tyrant..but it funny how religious Dumbo's dont seem to ask themselves... Y would Satan and all Angels turn against god if he wasnt an oppressor...oppression begot rebellion... That Question will only be if god really created Satan as religious Dumbo's claim..yet instead of him to kill Satan..then killed his adopted bastard instead...and drowned the whole world..yet he still wondering y evil still exist..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Tomiwa69(m): 2:18am On May 30, 2020
Proffdada:
even with evidence of nature, your dumb brain still thinks creation is accidental
Ogbeni..truely the gods are advanced interstellar civilization but it Doesn't mean they created the earth and the universe...yes they are level of advancement is reached level 3 where a civilization is able to control element and bio elements at will with sophisticated science.. They may av engineered somethings in our gene.
But do u fail to read the part in ur bible where it was written..let us create man in our image.. It says let us not Let me..so y would the Christian or Islamic Gods want to take all the credit for the work of many other gods like dem..but it not necessary true they created man from scratch..they engineered our gene to stand upright and Think reasonably like dem..not for our own purpose but for their selfish interest
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Xmuslim: 2:22am On May 30, 2020
kiddkash:

like I said I believe it was God's plan

Very well sir. You are entitled to your belief.

Although your beliefs are not necessarily the truth. But again, it's just your belief, it does not harm anyone. We are only educating one another based on our different world view
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by staneless(m): 2:24am On May 30, 2020
luminouz:

Its called radiocarbon dating... Read up on it bro...saying stuffs like this online makes you look uninformed.

Pls always try to understand someone's comment b4 you start to claim ITK (I too know)...

It's like your own MUMU dey crow like cock! I never said I don't know what carbon dating was all about. Go through my comment once more, this time around, slowly...

All I'm trying to say is the year range (150million years) is too much! It is not possible to determine that using carbon dating technique I know. I will rather advise you go and read up the years range of radiocarbon dating, ok?!
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Tomiwa69(m): 2:24am On May 30, 2020
zinodizt:
But yet the Bible predicts the future... It’s a obvious... if u have a better explanation for the way people behave kindly.. if u are. Free thinker can u pls do something read the Bible like a story book.. just do after that if u still feel this way kindly quote me after reading it.
Fvck mhen!!
I am not an atheist am a freethinker.. Of course I Believe in the concept of gods..with astronomy it highly believed we are not the only ones in the universe and there are other civilization of species far more advanced than human race who came from their universe or distance star to colonize humanity....these species of civilization may av left us alone to evolve ourselves without meddling anymore as they did in the past...Can't u think and go knack research ni..
I tire for ppl ooo
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Tomiwa69(m): 2:25am On May 30, 2020
iamlinco:
Anakogheri
Religion dumbo
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by darediamond(m): 2:26am On May 30, 2020
Tomiwa69:

The bible that was written by heardsmen and farmers of ancient Times who had little or no idea bout the world or the universe in which they inhabited.. U must be really mentally derailed...imagine someone writing bout how he died...if u actually av read 60% of ur fairytale bible or Qur'an's. U will see how messed up religion is..but Unfortunately religion which was injested with fear binds u from asking critical Question that will Save u from it mental Slavery... Religion is Always allergic to evidence and curiosity.
PS:I am not an atheist.. I am a freethinker.. That is an advanced level for atheist know the Different
Thousands of years ago, it as been recorded in the BIBLE that the Earth is Hanging upon **NOTHING**.
As a "FREETHINKER" you call yourself, what can you say about that?
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Tomiwa69(m): 2:30am On May 30, 2020
onyxo76:
my late father was just like you until God arrested him and he died an evangelist..maybe same will happen to you soon.
I swear
Even if god show face for sky now now..I go stone am...ur father probably was jobless with no means of survival so he was smart enough to feed off u religious Dumbo's who will pay Anything to enter heaven... I would do same if there was Nothing to survive on..lol.
A freethinker will Never worship a tyrant even if he mistakenly trip and fell in his bathroom from heaven and land on earth

1 Like

Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by darediamond(m): 2:31am On May 30, 2020
Tomiwa69:

Even in the bible...tell me How many sin or death Was in the name of Satan..but yet ur loving sky daddy has caused countless genocide..rape and slavery..the Only death caused by Satan which was job and his family wasnt even Without Gods consent.. When Satan said eat the fruit and ye shall become like gods..he Didn't lie..Y God was trying to hide the knowledge of the universe from man Eg by banning the study of astronomy.. Satan was Trying to Show us how to become immortals ourselves...y was was trying to degrade our species to feeding off his foot.. Satan wanted to show humanity how to fish themselves... Ur god is an oppressor.. A tyrant..an slowpoke entity who is hell bent on destroying the Human race or succumbing them to his authority .....If u actually read ur bible with logical reasons and not with a succumbing mind u will see the absurdity of these god u all speak of
So as a "FREETHINKER" , you acknowledge the existence of Satan and even ascribing goodness to him. Then may we know what is your view about Positivity and Negativity and Or Goodness and Badness?
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Tomiwa69(m): 2:33am On May 30, 2020
chizpim:
Oga get your fact write before typing rubbish, the Romans were educated. The new testament was not written by illiterates. Since you believe so much in evolution why hasn't we see any changes with humans for thousands of years?
Cause human av reached the utmost level of evolution.. So u are expecting humans to evolve again..to what precisely.. 4legged creature..the next evolution is in our hands...transhumanism where the human race merge with Artificial intelligent and indeed man shall be like gods..
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Kingrefreshed: 2:33am On May 30, 2020
Tomiwa69:

U don't believe these but u believe a talking snake,a talking donkey,and all the Animals in the world lived not more than 20 miles to Noah's ark..u are delusional.. Even with evidence been shown to u of the existence of these creatures.. But yet u dumbo religion asshole and ur tyrant on the throne Still can't prove that Noah's ark existed..or y Jesus was hanged amongst thef if he wasnt a thef too..or if Mary wasnt a bitch for carrying Another man's child and claiming it to be an imaginary holy spirit

Wake up! Jesus is not the cause of your poverty or madness.
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Tomiwa69(m): 2:37am On May 30, 2020
ayshacom:
I pity for you
Pity urself for worshipping other species of civilization Because they came to ur universe to slave u Because humanity was just at his early age and had no or little knowledge about the world or universe there live in..Isn't these ironical..African is below the chain
We were colonized by white.and by gods
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Xmuslim: 2:37am On May 30, 2020
Tomiwa69:

Ogbeni..truely the gods are advanced interstellar civilization but it Doesn't mean they created the earth and the universe...yes they are level of advancement is reached level 3 where a civilization is able to control element and bio elements at will with sophisticated science.. They may av engineered somethings in our gene.
But do u fail to read the part in ur bible where it was written..let us create man in our image.. It says let us not Let me..so y would the Christian or Islamic Gods want to take all the credit for the work of many other gods like dem..but it not necessary true they created man from scratch..they engineered our gene to stand upright and Think reasonably like dem..not for our own purpose but for their selfish interest

Good explanation. I have thought along this line too. But good thing about free mind is that me and you will not insist that this explanation is the ONLY truth. This is because we don't have evidence. Our brothers from the religion side need to learn from us - they need to be more humble and cope with the fact that their religion maybe wrong
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Tomiwa69(m): 2:38am On May 30, 2020
OdefaGirl:

I hope you didn't just get mad recently
Y
Ur god would run me Mad for knowing his absurdity and being curious.. What a loving tyrant. Oh Sorry god
Lol
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Tomiwa69(m): 2:40am On May 30, 2020
Abelfidelis:

One of those that believe that they evolved from monkeys and bamboos. how easily you believe this dinosaur shit but don't believe the glaring truth and traceable history from the bible. You need Jesus more than anyone else. Ndo
U av no point.. Am not an atheist am a freethinker.. I Believe in the concept of gods..but I chose not to worship other species of civilization cause man himself is god
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Tomiwa69(m): 2:43am On May 30, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

And you believe you're of superior mind to the religious because you chose to believe science over religion. Have you seen a dinosaur before? How come you believe carbon dating being interpreted by scientists to be the gospel. If you believe chemistry, anthropology and physics textbooks without seeing for yourself most of what is written there, how are you better off than those who believe religious texts?
I Believe science cause science is Always proven with fact..and it Always asking Question of curiosity.. Science Won't claim what it Isn't..but u see that institute called religion... Don't ask Question.. U don't want to piss off ur god and blaspheme
Just be Dumb and obey
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Tomiwa69(m): 2:44am On May 30, 2020
Homiesjinxbank:
So Muhammed is a terrorist?? Since boko haram, isis etc them they shout allah akbah before destroying innocent people all because of 22 virgins in one yeye paradise...

Exactly
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Xmuslim: 2:46am On May 30, 2020
darediamond:

Thousands of years ago, it as been recorded in the BIBLE that the Earth is Hanging upon **NOTHING**.
As a "FREETHINKER" you call yourself, what can you say about that?
the same Bible says the shape of the earth is flat; the age of the earth is 6000.

Don't just pick verse of the Bible that seems to align with science and ignore others that go against science sir
Re: Dinosaurs Cannibalized Each Other When Food Was Scarce 150 Million Yrs Ago (Pix) by Tomiwa69(m): 2:46am On May 30, 2020
onadana:

You need psychiatric evaluation. Casting aspersions on people's belief.
U av NO point.. If u don't question ur Believe.. U won't know if u are following what right or wrong..we were all born freethinkers till some ppl state telling us make believes.. Dont let ur society define u..
Peace

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (22) (Reply)

Crocodile Caught Inside Lekki Flood (Photo) / Photos Of A Manatee Killed In Badagry, Lagos / Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.