Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,213 members, 7,957,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:25 PM

How Should Finances Be Handled In A Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Should Finances Be Handled In A Marriage? (2080 Views)

How I Handled My Cheating Serious Girl / He Rough Handled Me On My First Visit To His House!!! HELP / Blecyn: I Rejected A Marriage Proposal Because Of The Size Of His Manhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Should Finances Be Handled In A Marriage? by hazard7(m): 12:11pm On Jun 25, 2020
HeavenlyCherub:
Hello,

I’m just trying to gain insight from those who are married and others alike.

OPTION 1

Exception: Both of you keep the money you had prior to the marriage.

Option 1 there’s no his money and my money, you are 1. All income earned goes into the home.

So in this case all our income will go into a joint account (account A). From that account there will be a transfer of money out into
1. My separate account
2. His separate account
3. Our joint savings account

Amounts that go into 1 and 2 will be equal.

We spend on bills etc from account A. We will discuss jointly on lavish spending from account A e.g. vacations and kids stuff.

Whatever happens in account 1 is my business, no questions asked. If I save it all and want to buy an island fine. If I want to give my friends money, fine. Its from my allowance, not from the home.

OPTION 2

You both put in a percentage of your income into the joint account and keep a %. For example that if 1 brings in $100,000 a month and you bring $50,000.. both will agree to 10% of their individual earnings for the joint account.

OPTION 3

One spouse keeps both salaries and disburses it when it is needed.

I’m just curious. What method works for you?
Option 1 is better but I prefer option 3
Re: How Should Finances Be Handled In A Marriage? by merieam16(f): 12:42pm On Jun 25, 2020
bigpicture001:
I am exactly at this point with my soon to b married gf. Mentioned joint acct to her and sh frowned at it.......... We are later going to hv a one on one gist abt that...... Because I can't carry too much load on me oooo oooo.... It may kill me early
lolz..if she' workin u gat no problem even if she doesnt lik d joint acct
Re: How Should Finances Be Handled In A Marriage? by MedicH: 12:53pm On Jun 25, 2020
I don't subscribe to all these joint account, 50-50 splitting and stuffs, my home will not be an accounts department. My view is, I will take care of expenses like housing, traveling and vehicles while my wife will take care of running the home, feeding and children education. Healthcare won't be a problem as I have insurance. Then I will keep a sum in a drawer every month for miscellaneous. I'm not just a fan of bank accounts.

1 Like

Re: How Should Finances Be Handled In A Marriage? by bigpicture001: 1:37pm On Jun 25, 2020
merieam16:
lolz..if she' workin u gat no problem even if she doesnt lik d joint acct

Sh is working. But a lot of working ladies are still stingy
Re: How Should Finances Be Handled In A Marriage? by bigpicture001: 1:38pm On Jun 25, 2020
MedicH:
I don't subscribe to all these joint account, 50-50 splitting and stuffs, my home will not be an accounts department. My view is, I will take care of expenses like housing, traveling and vehicles while my wife will take care of running the home, feeding and children education. Healthcare won't be a problem as I have insurance. Then I will keep a sum in a drawer every month for miscellaneous. I'm not just a fan of bank accounts.

Do u know feeding is more expensive than house rent by far..?
Re: How Should Finances Be Handled In A Marriage? by MedicH: 1:39pm On Jun 25, 2020
bigpicture001:

Do u know feeding is more expensive than house rent by far..?

It depends on ur idea of "housing".
Re: How Should Finances Be Handled In A Marriage? by bigpicture001: 1:41pm On Jun 25, 2020
MedicH:

It depends on ur idea of "housing".

The more classy a house is by its area, the more expensive. That means ppl Dat leave in thoss places won't also buy sachet cowbell. They go for large tin family size.. Still far more more expensive
Re: How Should Finances Be Handled In A Marriage? by MedicH: 2:19pm On Jun 25, 2020
bigpicture001:

The more classy a house is by its area, the more expensive. That means ppl Dat leave in thoss places won't also buy sachet cowbell. They go for large tin family size.. Still far more more expensive

Okay
Re: How Should Finances Be Handled In A Marriage? by HeavenlyCherub(f): 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2020
MedicH:

Very reasonable approach
Re: How Should Finances Be Handled In A Marriage? by Image123(m): 11:59pm On Jun 25, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

SEE WHO'S TALKING ABOUT BITTER, AND GOD.
MADAM YOU BETTER DROP THIS ARMOUR OF A ONE WOMAN SOLDIER AND LIVE THE BEST OF YOUR LIFE. E-INDEPENDENT FEMINISM WAR MISTRESS WON'T PAY OFF IN THE LONG RUN.
I GUESS WE ALL LOG OUT AT THE END OF THE DAY TO FACE REAL LIFE AND ALL IT'S HARD BITTER LESSONS.

It's funny you talk about God, like some people are undeserving to have or mention Him. May you be alright last last.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pastor: Side Chicks Are Part Of God’s Plan For A Successful Marriage / Women Were Created With First Class Material while Men with second class matl / Who Can Translate Yanga From Pidgin English To English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.