Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) (89242 Views)

Drone Shots And Photos Of Covenant University CU! Architectural Wonders!! / Drone Shots Of The University Of Ibadan (the First And Best) / Ananti Ezugo: Photograph University Of Nigeria Students These Are My Best Shots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by olax02(m): 3:22pm On May 31, 2020
doggedfighter:

Which world? grin grin grin
zoo world.. grin

1 Like

Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by spiralwedge(m): 3:24pm On May 31, 2020
Op, I grew up here. Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by masterflowx(m): 4:09pm On May 31, 2020
Auladimeji:
Where I pass Gbagada to Apapa,I dey pass third mainland bridge and I dey see that back but no know say na back of Unilag be that if not for this photo

Find time and visit unilag. The school is extremely beautiful...

1 Like

Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by masterflowx(m): 4:10pm On May 31, 2020
doggedfighter:
Nice view

Hope it is this cool in real life

Yes, no doubt about that....

3 Likes

Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by masterflowx(m): 4:15pm On May 31, 2020
spinna:
laaag baby..greatest akokites..lemme help y'all...clockwise from the top of first pic: Senate building, main auditorium,faculty of engineering, mariere hall, bookshop, water treatment facility, art block and art auditorium, law annex, law faculty, bus. admin faculty, guest house, lagoon front, library. So many crazy adventures in all corners of these places. Nothing like lag..if you know you know

You try sha... The double green roof is moremi hall. Tall building is Senate building. The ventilation under the tree at the Senate building is second to none...

2 Likes

Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by Mabelenena(f): 4:22pm On May 31, 2020
lablonclacla:

Bro, i can categorically tell you that unilag doesn't have lecture halls where anybody sits on the floor. I am not saying this because i am trying to hype the school. Renovations are constant in unilag. Probably because it's in the heart of the city. From 24hrs electricity to free wifi to tarred roads and beautiful lawns to air conditioned lecture rooms etc. Although not the best on international standard due to the state of the country, i will say unilag is the one eyed king in the land of the blind. Thanks

PS: Makoko doesn't look beautiful from the sky.

*Human beings live here?*
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by Xuxu208: 5:28pm On May 31, 2020
Aksnoopy:
I can categorically tell you that unilag has the best hostel based on the Nigerian standard in this country. My hostel back then has everything including a standby generator and DStv connection to every room. Power supply in unilag is 24hrs. You can't find a unilag student going for night class with a reading lamp.

Please what year was this and which hostel was this, because one of the so called New Hall hostels that I stayed at about 27 years ago was a nightmare? The toilets, bathroom and plumbing, in general, was a disgusting disaster not fit for human habitation! In fact, most people used to go and use the toilet and have their baths every single day in other hostels. Power supply was 24 hours then too though.....
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by seguno2: 5:30pm On May 31, 2020
MDBrand:

Mr man did I tag or quote you when I left that post there?

Mr. Man, this is not your toilet where you can soliloquise.
Why did you not post in your diary section so no one can quote you?
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by lablonclacla: 5:35pm On May 31, 2020
Xuxu208:

Please what year was this and which hostel was this, because one of the so called New Hall hostels that I stayed at about 27 years ago was a nightmare? The toilets, bathroom and plumbing, in general, was a disgusting disaster not fit for human habitation! In fact, most people used to go and use the toilet and have their baths every single day in other hostels. Power supply was 24 hours then too though.....

27 what
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by GIdiata(m): 6:01pm On May 31, 2020
Exc2000:

Some of you just open your mouths without any form of reasoning.... I can bet my balls that you haven't even travelled or stepped into any college outside Nigeria yet you are comparing UniLag to almajiree schools out of stupidity

the fact that Nigerian schools don't get rated high doesn't mean they are substandard, it simpy means they are under funded for research and have less papers published in academic journals... in terms of lecturing and delivering knowledge which is the primary responsibility of a uni, I bet you they far out class many , our graduates in Nigerian University are breaking bariers in top colleges overseas, my very own sister who graduated with 2.2 in accounting LeadCity Uni Ibadan , proudly graduated with 2.1 and almost clinching 1st class in law.. in University of Liverpool

PS: I haven't even attended a pubic institution anytime in my entire life nursery to uni was in privates, but I have seen lautech , U.I , OAU, and UniLag graduates do what many grads of other schools cant

NICE WRITE UP. BUT THE FACT THAT IT'S TOUGHER TO GRADUATE WITH A GOOD GRADE DOESN'T MAKE IT VERY GOOD.
IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES, SCHOOLS WHERE GOOD GRADES ARE HARD TO GET ARE TERMED BEST AND THE LECTURERS DOING SUCH ARE TERMED DISCIPLINED

THAT'S NONSENSE.
you are tough on students doesn't make u good
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by spinna: 6:06pm On May 31, 2020
masterflowx:

You try sha... The double green roof is moremi hall. Tall building is Senate building. The ventilation under the tree at the Senate building is second to none...
i think the double green is art block
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by MDBrand: 6:28pm On May 31, 2020
seguno2:

Mr. Man, this is not your toilet where you can soliloquise.
Why did you not post in your diary section so no one can quote you?
You're a very foolish idiot... Did I type my opinion there for you?..... You're the only idiot who decided quote me.... Every other person is just sharing the post or liking it and you decided to quote.... Miserable Fool
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by lablonclacla: 6:51pm On May 31, 2020
spinna:

i think the double green is art block

I don't think he knows moremi
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 31, 2020
Ishilove:
It's meh, although there seems to be some beautification attempt since I was there last. The land mass is quite small though.
Judging by your comments on NL, you would have been a fine graduate of the School. Smarts, Intelligence, and that sprinkle of "street cred" are the average qualities of a Unilag student; along side brilliance smiley

1 Like

Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by Ishilove: 7:31pm On May 31, 2020
Omoluabi9:
Judging by your comments on NL, you would have been a fine graduate of the School. Smarts, Intelligence, and that sprinkle of "street creed" are the average qualities of a Unilag student; along side brilliance smiley
My head swelleth... embarassed

Thanks. Incidentally I'm a UNILAG alumna. Faculty of Arts grin

2 Likes

Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by lablonclacla: 7:35pm On May 31, 2020
Ishilove:

My head swelleth... embarassed

Thanks. Incidentally I'm a UNILAG alumna. Faculty of Arts grin

Now the most beautiful and sophisticated faculty on akoka campus.
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by Ishilove: 7:41pm On May 31, 2020
lablonclacla:

Now the most beautiful and sophisticated faculty on akoka campus.
I will have to see it to believe it.
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 31, 2020
lablonclacla:
Ever wondered why it is called 'The University of first choice and nation's pride'? Well Unilag is a beautiful edifice and compared to others, have done well in maintaining that standard. Although much can still be done.

Despite the small land mass of just a little above 800 hectares-makiing it the smallest fedreral university in size-Unilag still stands out in the midst of others just like how Lagos stands out in the midst of other states despite being the smallest state in size. No wonder it has the highest number of notable Alumni.

If you're in doubt of these pictures, take a visit to Yaba and see for yourself . wink

Photo credit: @Smart_Drone1

bro ,I'll be studying in unilag very soon, please can I see some pictures of their hostels ?
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by Aksnoopy: 8:09pm On May 31, 2020
Xuxu208:

Visit akoka and idi-araba hostels someday and take a tour. Everything has changed. Am glad you said 27 years ago. Unilag hostels has been upgraded massively and this was as at when I graduated (2016). As a matter of fact idiaraba hostels toilet, bath and laundry looks like that of an hotel with DStv connection to all rooms, same as akoka.

2 Likes

Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by Ogagawhite(f): 10:18pm On May 31, 2020
Shey d drone Dey fear Insdy, show us insdy life,toilet etc.

Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by olajide111: 11:32pm On May 31, 2020
yemiosinbajo:

Honestly we can't judge based on alumni. Unilag has great alumni too. People like Soyinka and Achebe who attended UI in those days cannot be the basis for today's assessment of the university, because the UI of today is not the same as the UI of those days. The UI of those days was in arguably the same level as the Oxford and Harvard of those days. Not anymore. And, even if we judged using that, there are loads of great alumni from Unilag, such as Nigeria's greatest mathematician ever, Ayodele Awojobi. And, personally, I'd choose Unilag's Law over UI. In fact, I'd choose OAU's and LASU's as well. But when it comes to medicine, UI isn't just the best in Nigeria, it is arguably the best on the continent, ranked among the top 400 medical schools in the world.
I disagree , in sciences generally from Mathematics, physics , chemistry ( largest of it's kind in Nigeria) , zoology ( attached is arguably the best zoo in Nigeria) and geology, these are research oriented courses, aside medicine where do you think they are getting their other publications from , there is sure a reason no other Nigerian University can match UI research , u don't have to come to a hasty conclusion u need to see for yourself, even in terms of alumni UI is the only University that strikes a balance from politics , academics, law , entertainment , medicine and co we produce governors not just in South West but all over the regions ( eg Efo and Delta current governors) , unlike unilag ( entertainment) , oau or abu (politics) that has the concentration of their alumni in one particular area

1 Like

Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by olajide111: 11:42pm On May 31, 2020
Jabarzee:

U.I dey live on past glory, Ancient school
Past glory grin, u can do the checking yourself on webometrics , academic ranking of world universities ( arwu ranking ) and times higher ranking which re the most recognize ranking and see for yourself how wrong you are, that school is still the first and the best sentiment aside , consistently ranking first in West Africa and u call it past glory
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by olajide111: 11:46pm On May 31, 2020
lablonclacla:

Not anymore bro

https://www.4icu.org/Africa/
Seems u just jump at any ranking you see, wat is 4icu and wat is their criteria, those are the questions you should ask yourself first, Times higher ranks by academic standard, research, alumni and influence in the industry and UI is consistently number one for more than 5 years , webometics use research and web presence and UI still top that ranking too and u re bringing a useless ranking that is not even up to NUC ranking , check wat they use in ranking before talking, UI remain the undisputed champion in West Africa , mind you the medical school is ranked top 400 in the whole world.
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by slysteel: 5:22am On Jun 01, 2020
lablonclacla:
Ever wondered why it is called 'The University of first choice and nation's pride'? Well Unilag is a beautiful edifice and compared to others, have done well in maintaining that standard. Although much can still be done.

Despite the small land mass of just a little above 800 hectares-makiing it the smallest fedreral university in size-Unilag still stands out in the midst of others just like how Lagos stands out in the midst of other states despite being the smallest state in size. No wonder it has the highest number of notable Alumni.

If you're in doubt of these pictures, take a visit to Yaba and see for yourself . wink

Photo credit: @Smart_Drone1

Very backward country filled with educated illiterates,May God forbid any of my children schooling in that shithole where people are celebrating pictures of dilapidated schools.
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by EbukaHades10(m): 5:35am On Jun 01, 2020
lablonclacla:

You're spilling facts bro!!!

What alumni association beats this??
Don't know about the others but I know say Ycee and Lil Kesh no finish.
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by ericmor: 8:16am On Jun 01, 2020
lablonclacla:

Bro, i can categorically tell you that unilag doesn't have lecture halls where anybody sits on the floor. I am not saying this because i am trying to hype the school. Renovations are constant in unilag. Probably because it's in the heart of the city. From 24hrs electricity to free wifi to tarred roads and beautiful lawns to air conditioned lecture rooms etc. Although not the best on international standard due to the state of the country, i will say unilag is the one eyed king in the land of the blind. Thanks

PS: Makoko doesn't look beautiful from the sky.

U are right but that road part is an issue for now, it took them so long to fix that education to international school part. Some part of that road fit swallow car Tires self and also that GTB car park worst
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by JayPeeOham: 9:07am On Jun 01, 2020
olajide111:

Joke of the year , ordinary hostel in UI beats the whole University hands down grin

My brother you no nothing about UNICAL.... seeing is believing!!! cool
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by Gundel001: 10:28am On Jun 01, 2020
lablonclacla:

Lol.......our lecturer takes us with his laptop every single time using slides from the projector. He used it from beginning of the session to the end. If by any slim chance the faculty doesn't have power, no class. That happened just once and they restored it like 30 mins time.
fact.
Bro which department are you
Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by Legendguy(m): 10:34am On Jun 01, 2020
Faculty of science, University of Lagos

Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by Legendguy(m): 10:35am On Jun 01, 2020
Science block

Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by Gundel001: 10:36am On Jun 01, 2020
alphatron:

You wan make dem show mariere toilet??
lemmie burst your head all hostel toilets are always washed and Cleaned every day

1 Like

Re: Best of Drone Shots UNILAG (Day & Night Photos) by alphatron(m): 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
Gundel001:

lemmie burst your head all hostel toilets are always washed and Cleaned every day

burst your own head abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Notorious Ekosodin Village Uniben / COVID-19: Japanese University Conducts Graduation Ceremony Using Remote Robots / Pictures of University Of Ghana Beautiful Hostels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.