Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? (20981 Views)

How To Stream Videos With Etisalat Paygo Trick / Did Mtn Migrate You From Paygo To Family & Friends / MTN PayGo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by mcnepow(m): 9:47am On Jan 21, 2011
Mobinga:

Unlike majority here, I didn't see any need to migrate out of xtracool. I'm still using it, no qualms.
I didnt migrate! Woke up n saw I had been migrated. U are just lucky.

aieromon:

They can't and they won't.
Count urself lucky. I tot I'ld remain 'xtraconnect 4 life' until the migration BY FORCE!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by semid4lyfe(m): 10:01am On Jan 21, 2011
Stopped making night calls a long time ago but I never migrated outta Xtracool.

Na im I still dey on
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by aieromon(m): 10:22am On Jan 21, 2011
mcnepow:

I didnt migrate! Woke up n saw I had been migrated. U are just lucky.
Count urself lucky. I tot I'ld remain 'xtraconnect 4 life' until the migration BY FORCE!

Aren't the packages alike?You've still got your FAFs
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 21, 2011
Please don’t display your ignorance by abusing MTN. read more about the new plans here: http://www.mtnonline.com/index.php/paygo.html and http://www.mtnonline.com/index.php/talkon.html
And be informed that MTN is not a charity organization but a business which has salaries to be paid that feed the parents/guardians of some of you in one way or the other. None the less MTN remains committed to total customer satisfaction.

Key facts about recent MTN tariff changes

-The 5 Link Plans were simplified to only TWO basic plans - PayGo and TalkOn
-Happylink + Funlink = payGo while Smartlink+Prolink+BizLink=TalkOn
-all customers were migrated to the new plans yesterday (21st January) accordingly. Customers that had existing bundles (happylink,funlink etc) were not supposed to be migrated until the bundle expiry. I’m sure that issue will be addressed soon and the airtime/sms returned. Please exercise some patience.
-Free midnight call is now available to all MTN subscribers with the exception of postpaid customers
-family&friends is now 6 numbers. 4 MTN numbers, 1 other network and 1 international which must be a US or Canadian number.
-MTN magic number is a first-of-its-kind service available to both PayGo and TalkOn subscribers. It allows you to talk to one person free of charge for 30 days after an initial registration fee of N250 charged only to the person initiating the magic number service
-The 5 Link Bundles will be simplified to only 3 Bundles (HAPPYLINK FUNLINK and SMARTLINK)
-The 3 new bundles will only consist of different volumes of voice and SMS and Customers on PayGo and TalkOn can buy any of the 3 bundle plans
-Bundle minutes will now show in seconds. This is as a result of customer perception that we are charging per minute for bundles, which isn’t the case. You have 0 On-Net Seconds; 0 On-Net SMS; 0 National Seconds; 0 National SMS.
-BOIC as previously available on HappyLink has been discontinued but the remaining in Bonus account balance was migrated to On-net seconds account
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 21, 2011
blackboy12:

MTN PAYGO is the new tariff plan that MTN has introduced to show real value for money with no hidden charge whatsoever. on PAYGO, you have the opportunity of registering 6 numbers comprising; 4 MTN Numbers, 1 other number plus an international number on your Friends and Family and make calls for 20k/sec or N12/min to those special numbers.
Also you can register one special number ( Magic Number) for N250 flat rate and call that number free of charge, all day, all night for one MONTH!!!!!! can you beat that?
Also you can purchase bundles that will enrich your calling experience Text (HAPPY to 131) - 22 Onnet mins, 30 Onnet SMS @N400 valid for 30 days
(FUN to 131) - 60 Onnet mins, 200 Onnet SMS @N1500 valid for 30 days
(SMART to 131) - 250 National mins, 250 National SMS @N6000 valid for 30 days

Sounds like a good plan. I'll try it out and see . . . undecided
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Yakspikin36(m): 11:59am On Jan 21, 2011
lmao! i cant find m f&f numbers. mtn r now scammers mtcheeww! dis is bullshit. d worst of all is they suck wwwel weell,  i swear i mst hack their server for doin dis to me,  stupid mtn,
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by digi101(m): 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2011
reading this thread makes me understand how come mtn is still bleeding profitable. MTN is a network that never, i repeat NEVER! gives away anything for free, not even in the name of customer service!
The new plan is a trikish way MTN responds to competitive market share treat, without actually changing. (well i must hand it to them the chaps at MTN do know how to swindle nigerians while making them smile grin)

My point: 20k / sec is 20k /sec , i dont think i can be bothered to start figuring and selecting! i have over 500 numbers on my phone abeg which 4 no should i choose jare? Paygo ko, paygo ni!

Thank God for competition, long live smart customers who dont take MTN's bullshit and tell them to shove it where the sun dont shine!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by saintchux(m): 12:00pm On Jan 21, 2011
MTN is confused, why not  follow the way other network goes.

Etisalat = 25k per sec - all network

Airtel = 20k per sec - all network

MTN = MTN to  MTN call only.

Glo = 25k per sec (PH)

I have not used my MTN line since etisalat started 25k per second, in my office now nobody uses MTN to make call. It is either etisalat or Airtel. People are changing network and if MTN want to still have share in this business they should stop all this hide and seek game and come out plain.

MTN is cheating on us. If it is 30k per second they want to charge for all network, just tell us, forget about all this their paygo and paycome.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by ayusman16(m): 12:04pm On Jan 21, 2011
People aare clamouring for a reduction in tariff; now they've got but they are still complaining? What does the subscribers want? Unlimited free calls?
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by ayusman16(m): 12:07pm On Jan 21, 2011
saintchux:

MTN is confused, why not follow the way other network goes.

MTN = MTN to MTN call only.

Glo = 25k per sec (PH)

I have not used my MTN line since etisalat started 25k per second, in my office now nobody uses MTN to make call. It is either etisalat or Airtel. People are changing network and if MTN want to still have share in this business they should stop all this hide and seek game and come out plain.

MTN is cheating on us. If it is 30k per second they want to charge for all network, just tell us, forget about all this their paygo and paycome.

Airtel, Etisalat and Glo are playing the catch up game, No matter how low MTN reduces their tariff, competitors will reduce lower. Why would MTN want to encourage same rates for ALL nets?
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Eyayomosko: 12:14pm On Jan 21, 2011
i am now enjoying this package i think it is the best so far
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by opabukun(m): 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2011
saintchux:

MTN is confused, why not  follow the way other network goes.

MTN = MTN to  MTN call only.

Glo = 25k per sec (PH)

GBAM!!! grin grin grin
r we working in d same ofix, or its a general tin in all ofixis now?
MTN, Ur worst connection (Tariff-wise)
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by 10cirenoh: 12:23pm On Jan 21, 2011
Junkies, SERVER BUSY, SERVER BUSY, SERVER BUSY SINCE YESTERDAY, BUT RECHARGING IS INSTANT!!!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by ayusman16(m): 12:30pm On Jan 21, 2011
lots of customers are trying 2 migrate at d same time. Nigerians too like awoof o.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 21, 2011
I have been using my mtn line for about 8 years now and have never dreamed of migrating to other networks. But now I think I will look for other networks with better calling tarrif plans.

MTN seems to be lagging behind its competitors in terms of customer friendly calls, and it is just a matter of time before MTN is pushed out of the number one position.

The Pay Go tarif plans is simply nothing to write home about.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by PaKen: 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2011
Pls fellow nairalanders can you tell me the meaning of this response I got from MTN after activating my Magic Number.

Y'ello 1234567890 has accepted your invitation and has been registered as your Magic Number. Your connection will expire on 19/Feb/2011. Cost N25000.

I didn't observe any dot preceding the last two zeros. I hope this MTN wont come after me for 25k later ooo when I have flexed 24/7 calls with my beau for 30 days. I really dont trust this MTN folks but the package looks nice though.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by saintchux(m): 12:36pm On Jan 21, 2011
ayusman16:

Airtel, Etisalat and Glo are playing the catch up game,  No matter how low MTN reduces their tariff, competitors will reduce lower. Why would MTN want to encourage same rates for ALL nets?

MTN will only understand when they have caught them and pass them.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Meedu(m): 12:44pm On Jan 21, 2011
Crazy MTN, all they know is how to exploit the public with my airtel line i can call those 4 f&f numbers at the same 12/min plus every one on any network at the same cheaper tariff. Imagine MTN calling on my AIRTEL line advertising a new promo package.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by samyng(m): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2011
ha ha ha airtel just made this guys change their mind to this,  thank god the competition in the telecoms market is getting hotter. waiting to explode. can't wait when there will be improvement on these internet things
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by lexicon(m): 12:50pm On Jan 21, 2011
I've automatically been migrated to PayGo aswell. Did'nt have any problem with it anyway, xpecially the MAGIC NUMBER. i have just registered my G/F and have been on fone with her for more than 1hr. its not bad at all.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by jumiparet: 12:52pm On Jan 21, 2011
MTN IS RUBBISH AND HERE IS WHY

Etisalat Has Introduced N15/Minute Over The Past 4 months to all Network and All Numbers and with only N20 as daily Charge.

Gloworld Has Introduced N15/Minute Over the Past Three Months to All Network and N10/Min International Call Charges to 15 Countries.

Airtel/Zain Has Introduced N12/Minute to All Network and Including The United State For Over 2 Months Now.

Now:
MTN Come with Selective Benefit to 6 Numbers and It is the Only Network in the Country that Still Charge N30/Minute with Calls within its own Network.

I have Dumped That 0803 Sim a Long time Ago and Nigerians are doing it Numbers. Just Like DSTV, these South African Companies should be driven out of this Country Fast.

MTN & DSTV = Absolute Rubbish.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Dobxy(m): 12:54pm On Jan 21, 2011
I want everyone to take time and read terms and conditions of these services cox i believe MTN does not do what will not favor masses and itself. So this PayGo is very okay, go and check very well please
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Orikinla(m): 12:54pm On Jan 21, 2011
I prefer MTN for only one reason, the company has done more for Nigerians than even GLO, AIRTEL , and others. The CSR of MTN is the best in the history of telecom companies in Nigeria.
GLO is too much "Baba Ijebu" style of business.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Ournaija: 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2011
MTN stingy and stubborn. If you like shout till next year dem no go hear. Dem go pretend like say tem no dey hear.  embarassed
My MTN line has remained dormant since the day my neighbour told me about etisalat.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by patorini(m): 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2011
i have no problems with this new tariff plans.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 21, 2011
mtn why,why,why mtn i say why.
you have decided to turn urself to a drain pipe,dont worry,after the elections we will have new ministers and DGs who know what the masses want,dont worry .
its Airtel all the way abeg for me (12/sec to any network after 36/sec for the first minute of the day)
whether PAYGO OR PAYCOME,i no follow and for switching my plan without my consent,wait for my attorneys
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Guyman02: 1:13pm On Jan 21, 2011
aguiyi:

mtn why,why,why mtn i say why.
you have decided to turn urself to a drain pipe,dont worry,after the elections we will have new ministers and DGs who know what the masses want,dont worry .
its Airtel all the way abeg for me (12/sec to any network after 36/sec for the first minute of the day)
whether [b]PAYGO OR PAYCOME,[/b]i no follow and for switching my plan without my consent,wait for my attorneys

Weda na PAYGO, PAYCOME, PAYCOMOT, PAYSMALL, PAYBIG or PAYPLENTY grin grin grin what matters is that there is a PAY something included; meaning say na our money dem need. Shikena.

My only problem with Glo is that they keep disturbing my phone with unsolicited WIN a MILLION Promo. Everyday you see questions like Which is Nigerias currency 1. Naira, 2. Euro, 3. Cedi. send your answer to 555 for N100.
My people na by force to become millionaire? haba!! angry angry angry
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2011
THEY SAID 'no hidden charges'' as if we dont know what they are capable of.
but of truth the magic no. is real cos i used it yesterday and today,while the other charges seem to be ok .
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by omowhyou(m): 1:32pm On Jan 21, 2011
i dey fear MTN o, this one na harking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fake MTN Recharge Card (photo) / Why Smartphone Batteries Explode And How To Prevent It / Who Has Used A Phone With A Very Long Lasting Battery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.