Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,803 members, 7,827,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? (20998 Views)

How To Stream Videos With Etisalat Paygo Trick / Did Mtn Migrate You From Paygo To Family & Friends / MTN PayGo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by citee(m): 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2011
The free sms thingy is a lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by JUO(m): 4:37pm On Jan 21, 2011
i like this site. lol
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by frgy1: 4:46pm On Jan 21, 2011
citee:

The free sms thingy is a lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oya , drop your off network number(glo ,airtel or etisalat , or CDMAs sef) make I bombard you with sms .
I promise you minimum of 10 grin
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by sulad82i(m): 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2011
Is the current plan more expensive pple were better off in their old plans?
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by sulad82i(m): 5:31pm On Jan 21, 2011
timpaker:

EmptyN get sense o.
why didn't they include UK (london) as part of the international numbers to be added on friends and family list? they simply know most Nigerians have more friends and relatives in the UK than USA & Canada.
MTN, what a wise dumb a.s.s!!!! tongue

because it cost more to call UK mobile than the US and Canada. It makes more sense for their biz
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by JAZES(m): 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2011
MTN is the biggest fraud of all time, Cant believe they are talking abt jst 4 MTN NOS, one other network and one international no. When every other network allows you to call other networks at N12/min, i cant believe is asking us to choose just 6nos to call at N12/Min.
They are MAD, Ole,Barawo
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2011
Vigilante:

@ujujoan - e be like say you de work for MTN.  See your outline.  Good work

Actually, I copied it from their website!   cool  cool
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Kingjames(m): 6:20pm On Jan 21, 2011
This [b]M[/b]obile [b]T[/b]hieving [b]N[/b]etwork should be banned from this country.
They have stolen more than enough, I purchased the funlink bundle 50 on-net Mins,200 on-net sms and 60MB data valid for 30 days I woke up and could not see my bal of 42MB after 15 days.
As if that was not enough, they blocked incoming call on thier customer service toll free line.
Its time for massive pull out from Mobile Thieving Network
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by timpaker(m): 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2011
Posted by: sulad82i
Insert Quote
Quote from: timpaker on Today at 03:03:03 PM
EmptyN get sense o.
why didn't they include UK (london) as part of the international numbers to be added on friends and family list? they simply know most Nigerians have more friends and relatives in the UK than USA & Canada.
MTN, what a wise dumb a.s.s!!!!

because it cost more to call UK mobile than the US and Canada. It makes more sense for their biz

@sulad82i
dats not true. are they not both 'international' (countries)?
all charges on international calls are suppose to be fixed irrespective of the country.o
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by segunjowo(m): 6:33pm On Jan 21, 2011
lol. they are here to take our money!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by factsman: 6:40pm On Jan 21, 2011
, HMNN MTN MY MTN!

MAY BE ONE DAY YOU GUYS WILL HAVE THE VEIL IN YOUR EYES REMOVED TO KNOW THAT SOUTH AFRICAN COMPANIES IN NIGERIA ARE NOT HERE TO DEVELOP OUR ECONOMY, RATHER THEY ARE HERE TO AGGRAVATE THE LEVEL OF POVERTY IN THE LIFE OF OUR PEOPLE. JUST LIKE DSTV LIKE SOMEBODY SAID.
MTN IS FOR SENATORS AND HONORABLES GETTING BTW N10M - N15M PER MONTH IN ABUJA AND NOT FOR PEOPLE LIKE A CHUNK OF THEIR SUBSCRIBERS.
ANY WISE NIGERIAN NEEDS NOT TO BE ADVISED TO START USING OTHER LINE AND FORGET THE MTN NONSENSE.
PAYGO MY FOOT!
AWON OLE.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by deygame: 6:57pm On Jan 21, 2011
Guyz, lets take away unbias and critically analyse this new proposition. The MTN Magic number in all fairness is da bomb. Free calls to one number for 1 fully Month for just N250, More of this MTN!!!!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by sley4life(m): 7:20pm On Jan 21, 2011
ko mtn
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by ayusman16(m): 7:43pm On Jan 21, 2011
MTN does nt mean well 4 ur country abi? Yet they pay tax and employ thousands of nigerians? wat has ur gov and theiving senators done 4 u lately, they reduce their tariff una complain, u wan dem not 2 make money at all?
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by kayoday(m): 7:47pm On Jan 21, 2011
what happened to MTN call center agents? Do they still exist?
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by agabaI23(m): 8:03pm On Jan 21, 2011
MTN is struggling to compete.

Do they think we are stupid?

Glo N15 all networks
N10 to 15 countries including UK landlines

Airtel N12 all networks

Etisalat N15 all networks

MTN N12 to 4 numbers and one international number and they think we will be jumping up?

They must be high on cheap crack
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by agabaI23(m): 8:08pm On Jan 21, 2011
This is the explanation they sent to my email

[b]An Offer of True Value

Dear Esteemed Customer,

You are one of our identified high value customers, and it therefore pleases me to personally inform you of the most recent value offering from MTN Nigeria. It is an offer of true value! It means instant connections to your loved ones and call rates that are first-of-a-kind, never-done-before in the history of telecommunications in Nigeria.

From absolutely free calls to and from your loved one to lowest first minute call rates, you will once again receive from MTN, the value you deserve – transparent rates without hidden charges or access fees.

That’s because, at MTN, we believe that you deserve true value, the kind that enriches your life in tangible ways, the kind that continues to inspire us to set the pace in Nigerian telecommunications as we have done for 10 years now.

By the same token, we believe that true value also goes beyond offering you the lowest rates in the telecoms market. It includes the most extensive nationwide coverage that serves over 35 million Nigerians in 2, 394 cities, towns and villages. It includes the widest 3G network coverage translating to affordable, high-speed internet services wherever business and pleasure take you. It includes 292 CSR projects sites in all 36 states of Nigeria including the FCT and myriads of sponsorship initiatives in sports, music and several fields of endeavor. Today, it also includes two revolutionary tariff plans - revolutionary because they will significantly enrich your treasured relationships and change the face of Nigerian telecommunications once again.

Indeed, this change is one that everyone can experience in a tangible way. Everyone can enjoy the unbeatable value of the MTN Magic Number, because it is available on both plans. Everyone can make free calls to and from one number for 30 whole days and nights!

For those who make long calls, MTN Talk-On ensures that both your conversations and purse strings remain unbroken! This is because it offers the lowest first minute call rate in the market and an incredible 25k per second for the rest of the day.

For most of us who want to keep our valuable relationships on the front burner this year, then MTN Family & Friends is just perfect! This is because with MTN Family & Friends, you can make calls at 20k per second only to six (6) registered numbers including one international number and one number from another network. In addition, you can still enjoy free midnight calls to all MTN numbers. No hidden charges or access fees of any sort. Now that’s true value.

As we mark our 10th anniversary, we commit to always offering this kind of value, the kind that enriches lives and ensures the service that you deserve.

Take my word for it.

Warm Regards,

Ahmad Farroukh
CEO

[/b]
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by pariski(m): 8:08pm On Jan 21, 2011
To me this is just market strategy by Mtn to combat the stiff competition going on now. It seems Mtn is forced to do so. Mtn responds unwillingly with cunning tactics to make people think,she(mtn) cares and doing something about her tarriff while in actual sense she(Mtn) still holds to her normal charges in a modified way. Other networks charging 20-25kb/sec for all net call within and outside their network, mtn is saying only 4 mtn nos u registered with us, 1 other network nos and 1 international nos will enjoy this priviledge. Forget the rest of your mtn contact nos because they are going to be bill as usual. You see i care, i can only compensate you with free call on one Mtn magic  no for 24/7 in 30days provided you deposited #250. Nothing go for free, if you are not please, you better subscribe to any bundles/links with your cash ready for pay and service. That is me for u, Mtn Nigeria the wiser and shylock GSM  provider. Thanks all.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by pariski(m): 8:15pm On Jan 21, 2011
To me this is just market strategy by Mtn to combat the stiff competition going on now. It seems Mtn is forced to do so. Mtn responds unwillingly with cunning tactics to make people think,she(mtn) cares and doing something about her tarriff while in actual sense she(Mtn) still holds to her normal charges in a modified way. Other networks charging 20-25kb/sec for all net call within and outside their network, mtn is saying only 4 mtn nos u registered with us, 1 other network nos and 1 international nos will enjoy this priviledge. Forget the rest of your mtn contact nos because they are going to be bill as usual. You see i care, i can only compensate you with free call on one Mtn magic  no for 24/7 in 30days provided you deposited #250. Nothing go for free, if you are not please, you better subscribe to any bundles/links with your cash ready for pay and service. That is me for u, Mtn Nigeria the wiser and shylock GSM  provider. Thanks all.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by agabaI23(m): 8:20pm On Jan 21, 2011
^^^ you are so right
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Woleleye(m): 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2011
If you check mtn site(mtnonline.com), details of their new plans are given. Let us try these plans before complaints. They may mean well for their customers.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by echezz: 8:57pm On Jan 21, 2011
Guys interested in cheaper call to UK should migrate to talkon and register UK as their mtn select and call UK at 20k per sec
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by master2(m): 9:11pm On Jan 21, 2011
Meedu:

Crazy MTN, all they know is how to exploit the public with my airtel line i can call those 4 f&f numbers at the same 12/min plus every one on any network at the same cheaper tariff. Imagine MTN calling on my AIRTEL line advertising a new promo package.
Same with me. MTN sent me sms on my Airtel line advertising their pactage.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by xreal: 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2011
Oh LORD; LET my peopleNIGERIANS goWAKE UP!

What do you expect from a desperate, frustrated, extorted(by government) and hungry business firm all the way from down 'sauti', to/in a lawless land?
Of course, 'profit' at all cost and at the expense of their unsuspecting subscribers.

Nigerians maga must pay.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by master2(m): 9:21pm On Jan 21, 2011
@pariski, u too correct! Mtn na wayo coy. They only out 2 milk nigerians.
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by koseepaaro(m): 9:44pm On Jan 21, 2011
You guys are right o! Though, I refused to recharge my MTN line since early last week (since I migrated from simply special to "too good" on my Airtel network), I didn't even check my MTN balance since then. Not until now that you guys are talking about the new development of this so called MTN and discovered that MTN has switched my plan to "PayGo", na wa o!

Eleyi tun gaga ara o!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Eemah(m): 10:10pm On Jan 21, 2011
agabaI23:

MTN is struggling to compete.

Do they think we are silly?

Glo N15 all networks
N10 to 15 countries including UK landlines

Airtel N12 all networks

Etisalat N15 all networks

MTN N12 to 4 numbers and one international number and they think we will be jumping up?

dont mind the STINGY South Africans, As a rational being how on earth do you think I will even look at them ?

They must be high on cheap crack
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by mrofficial(m): 10:28pm On Jan 21, 2011
One thing for sure, I've never used MTN, and never shall I. Nigerians, wake up!
Re: What The Hell Is MTN PayGo? by Mcleo007(m): 10:43pm On Jan 21, 2011
Mtn sha! I'm begining to feel huge dislike for d company. They must be very foolish to think nigerians are truly dumb. In a stiff market competition in which case other networks are claiming ur own customers,the best they can do is this paygo trash. Imagine! That's an insult on our collective intelligence. Instead of joining in d debate and see how they can retain their customers,they're throwing caution to d wind. Pulling off a N12/min call tarrif would have been good biz for them since they already have a huge followership. With this,I believe their loyal customers will do a swift rethink.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Truth About Infinix Hot Note/pro Battery / Why Smartphone Batteries Explode And How To Prevent It / Screenshot Your Favorite Music Player With Your Favorite Song Playing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.