Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? (4185 Views)

Limousine: Pastor Kumuyi, What They Expected Of Him Vs What He Came With (Photo) / Man 'Resurrected' By Pastor Alph Lukau Arrested By Police / RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Righteousness89(m): 5:59pm On May 31, 2020
[s]
jcross19:
Don't say God created man in his merciful nature because no one begged Him to be created .God created man for His spirit to visit the earth and tread upon it. you are a spirit clothed with dust. God did not create man to live forever on earth all those things are just peripheral about the story of creation. then ask yourself how was other planets created!.
[/s]
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by jcross19: 6:02pm On May 31, 2020
Righteousness89:
[s][/s]
you have shown how shallow your knowledge is.
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Offpoint: 6:05pm On May 31, 2020
PRE4:

For the things of God will be foolishness unto the carnal minded man.

The wisdom of the world is foolishness unto God.
If someone ask a question in the Muslim thread, Muslim folks will dedicate their time and answer the questions. It's always different from my Christians folks. You guys always dodge questions with that line.

I'm not in support of whatever those atheist guys turn up the thread, I was more interested in fellow Christians answering the questions... But it's clear they're all avoiding the question or not too acknowledged enough to make attempt.

If you guys keep acting this way, that is one of the reasons atheist think God is a tyrant... Which isn't God nature.

3 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Jokerman(m): 6:07pm On May 31, 2020
sonmvayina:

Not everyone?..

Depends on choice
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Jokerman(m): 6:09pm On May 31, 2020
kingxsamz:

If hell was created for the devil, why is the devil and his cohorts the ones punishing and torturing people in hell?

Where do you see Devil punishing people... They rather mock the blind human beings who believes him when they were on earth... Devil, himself will be tortured at the last day... No rest day and night for them
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Righteousness89(m): 6:18pm On May 31, 2020
[s]
jcross19:
you have shown how shallow your knowledge is.
[/s]
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by kingxsamz(m): 6:26pm On May 31, 2020
Jokerman:

Where do you see Devil punishing people... They rather mock the blind human beings who believes him when they were on earth... Devil, himself will be tortured at the last day... No rest day and night for them

Okay.
Quick question.
How will sinners be tortured in hell?
Who or what is going to torture them?
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Jokerman(m): 6:28pm On May 31, 2020
kingxsamz:

Okay.
Quick question.
How will sinners be tortured in hell?
Who or what is going to torture them?

I don't know. I have never been there and won't be there in the mighty name of Jesus. However from the Lord's mouth... "The fire and the worms that dieth not"...
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by kingxsamz(m): 6:29pm On May 31, 2020
jcross19:
Am a Christian and a believer as well but we Christians are trying to match many Lines that face different directions in one lane which is not possible but it's causing confusion because of our founding father of Christianity in Nigeria have laid the foundation of confusion from beginning. to be honest Jesus died because of one law in the book of Leviticus that says if your brother preaches another god to you be the first to kill him. to the people of Jesus time, they thought Jesus was showing himself as new God which provoked them. if Jesus know the plan of God he will not pray that God should show them mercy for they know not what they are doing! meaning God wanted to be angry,then why would God be angry when He was the one thy sent him to die for us? there are more deep things about Jesus.

Unless none of them never existed because these stories were written by men like you, and y'all are stressing over nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by kingxsamz(m): 6:32pm On May 31, 2020
Jokerman:

I don't know. I have never been there and won't be there in the mighty name of Jesus. However from the Lord's mouth... "The fire and the worms that dieth not"...

Oh, so now you don't know, but you know that hell is there and it burns forever?
Funny guy. grin

3 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Jokerman(m): 6:35pm On May 31, 2020
sonmvayina:

So man sinned against God, and God was angry so God sent his son to earth for us to kill him and afterwards believe that he died for us... And then God will forgive us our sins..

But the sacrifice did not work.. Because hell still exist..

Somebody has sent you on a wild goose chase..

God's word does not change. He has said the wicked will be judged. To avoid this judgment, humans have to come to Jesus...this because "all have sinned and fallen short"....
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by thankgod460(m): 6:35pm On May 31, 2020
kingxsamz:

Lol, so God loves his people so much that he created hell, and then sends his son to save people from this same hell, which he created?
Have you as well wonder how God created paradise and send those that do his will there?
Genesis 1 Vs 4b says and God divided the light from darkness ". Did you know what it means? These are the two forces ruling the world, mind you hell was created for Satan and his cohort but everyone that followed devil's will become his agent and end in hell. The son of God came into world not to save people from hell but from Satan deceit that can lead people of this world into hell.
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Jokerman(m): 6:37pm On May 31, 2020
kingxsamz:

Oh, so now you don't know, but you know that hell is there and it burns forever?
Funny guy. grin

Jesus said so, and I believe the word of the Lord Jesus Christ
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by kingxsamz(m): 6:39pm On May 31, 2020
Jokerman:

Jesus didn't tell you who or what will punish sinners in hell? grin

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 31, 2020
Offpoint:

If someone ask a question in the Muslim thread, Muslim folks will dedicate their time and answer the questions. It's always different from my Christians folks. You guys always dodge questions with that line.

I'm not in support of whatever those atheist guys turn up the thread, I was more interested in fellow Christians answering the questions... But it's clear they're all avoiding the question or not too acknowledged enough to make attempt.

If you guys keep acting this way, that is one of the reasons atheist think God is a tyrant... Which isn't God nature.

If you expect Christians to keep arguing then we are not Christ like.Christ never argued with Those people who felt they were over learned or wise.He just said few words encapsulated with the mysterious truth and left them to their unbelief.

In the multitude of words,sin comes in.Christians are people of few words because we are trying our best to avoid sin,like CHRIST did in his time.
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Jokerman(m): 6:52pm On May 31, 2020
kingxsamz:

Jesus didn't tell you who or what will punish sinners in hell? grin

My last reply to you. Coz you yourself would acknowledge I have followed you to the latter

Now if you burn an ant in fire, do you need anyone to punish the ant?

The lake of fire is an everlasting punishment for wicked people... It burns with sulphur, it isn't quenched and there are worms that do not die in that fire...

Revelation 22

Safe bro... Come to Jesus
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by thankgod460(m): 7:23pm On May 31, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

GOD CREATES HELL THEN FIGHTS TO SAVE YOU FROM HELL INSTEAD OF JUST CLOSING HELL.

ALL THIS IS STUPID. I CAN NEVER EVER BECOME A CHRISTIAN IN THIS LIFE. cheesy
hell was created for Satan and his cohort but everyone that followed devil's will become his agent and end in hell. The son of God came into world not to save people from hell but from Satan deceit that can lead people of this world into hell.
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 7:56pm On May 31, 2020
Jokerman:

It is somebody that said he said it... The person was not even there..

And you put your whole life on that bet..

E go cut oh..
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 31, 2020
The Plan was to pull a fast one on Lucifer in the legal context and rescue Jesus at the last minute, what Jesus was unaware of the God was setting him up for real shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 31, 2020
kingxsamz:

The main question is, what's the purpose of the sacrifice?
Why did Dangote tell his son to live in such state or manner? What's the purpose?
.The purpose of Christ's sacrifice is to save mankind. Your question was not the purpose. Your question was how was it a sacrifice if He was assured of resurrecting to a better life.
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by StubbornGENIUS: 8:07pm On May 31, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:
The Plan was to pull a fast one on Lucifer in the legal context and rescue Jesus at the last minute, what Jesus was unaware of the God was setting him up for real shocked
God set Jesus up?abeg knack me the full gist
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Daejoyoung: 8:18pm On May 31, 2020
Offpoint:

Thanks, you've answer one part of the question.

The last part, if he knew... Can that still be classified as a SACRIFICE?
Of course it is still a sacrifice, why not?
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Daejoyoung: 8:22pm On May 31, 2020
kingxsamz:

Why did Dangote tell his son to live in such state or manner? What's the purpose?
In order to identify with, and to save other would be sons suffering in the ghetto.
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 31, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
God set Jesus up?abeg knack me the full gist

See as e take start

Chapter 1: YAHWEH aka Jehovah (YEHOVAH) na one sharp guy for school, eem and iim friends/partners arrange say dem wan go find one uninhabited planet wey dem go organize precious minerals and ore to sell. na so dem take reach this our local obodo oooh.

CHAPTER 2: Elohim (Plural for God - meaning say dem pass one person) Gen. 1:26/Pslam 86:8/Pslam 12:12/Pslam 86:8/Deuteronomy 4:19 come arrange say "Let us create Man in our Image" so dem fit dey dig for dis our precious minerals market we we wan use blow - Na so dem come bring de machine wey make dem immortal (Tree of Life) and wey give dem over-sense (Tree of Knowledge) - mean-wili we go gist dat mata later

CHAPTER 3: E get one Ariara Nigga wey Dem put in charge of protocol, just like officer wey dey carry mace for senate (Lucifer) na so bros look one day say - I sabi as dis guys dey operate naa - me sef i fit organize like Oshiomole, enter position of Elohim (Gods) take over dis new business wey Aba boys don organize. Na so e start to organize plan with oda sure-men for obodo heaven. until dem come catch them, bundle dem comot for heaven.

CHAPTER 4:
Matter still dey ground ooh, after dem don scatta bros luficer plan drive am enter ajegunle, dem forget say if largesse no reach everybody and na only Elohim (Gods) dey enjoy am, Luficer message still dey scratch some people especially the SONS of God wey Elohim (gods) arrange to be MAI-gaurd for Earth.. na so one of dem the Seraphim Samael (Venom of God) and Serpent in Eden (https://adventistbiblicalresearch.org/materials/bible-interpretation-hermeneutics/serpents-and-seraphim) come arrange with Lucifer say dem must scatta dis monopoly and use Elohim (gods) Slaves for Mining precious minerals collect di business for dem hand. as e be, Adam and Eve come chop de apple we come open dia skull come make dem know say na so matter be.. omooh shocked na so Elohim (gods) consider de matter sey business don rotten make dem find anoda market sharperly. but YAHWEH no come gree for de mata.

CHAPTER 5:
As e come be, YAHWEH and YESHUA na proper Arondizogu boys and dem no fit leave food spoil make dem no sell am. na so dem change de matta. Say oya wetin go come happen now wey una don get sense.. una no fit live long. Elohim (gods) comot the tree of life waka. so YAHWEH and YESHUA come arrange one kain scam say Tree of life still dey for one Holy Spirit wey nobody fit see unless dem give dia life to YESHUA. because as man don come stubborn come understand how to manipulate eem destiny, SONS of God (Samael friends) come start to kpake olosho Genesis 6:1-8, NIV come even make business hard for YAHWEH as human beans start to born-born like bush rat come dey use sense wey dem collect from Tree of Wisdom.

CHAPTER 6:

YAHWEH come reason de mata with YESHUA say hmmmmm oga-boss na to scatta dey whole business start from scrathc be dat ooh. remember ENOCH naa, dat ELohim(gods) houseboy wey still get pikin Noah wey be hafin (Albino) - the guy pure and e get sense and eem blood never rotten like all dem Adam pikin dem wey Nephilim don scatta dia life finish. YESHUA sef reason am. hmmm

CHAPTER 7:

Small problem - even with all de mouth wey YAHWEH dey spit - e no fit kill Lucifer and Samael because na Elohim (gods) hold dia contract. by dis time hefery bodi don know say na free market with human being-- na who fit scam pass na im go collect human soul - ngwuam! lets go dia. Na so all dey format start between YESHUA and Lucifer - Lucifer and Samael enter the children of Israel for Egypt use Joseph, use Moses take scam the Hebrew children.. no be when YAHWEH come get sense - e start to form say Lucifer god of this world” (2 Cor. 4:4) time go come and pepool wey follow am go die for hell faya - MAFO! na so YAHWEH and LUficer enta market start for format human-beans but e be like say to win di mata proper - extra risky pattern must enter de formula.. na so YESHUA come reason di matta of Blood Sacrifice , Oga-boss! make i die for dis people so dat we go use the scam collect dia souls make e be say e no loss. YAHWEH na guy-man wey sabi local sometinz and e reason am say for dis scam to work well.. YESHUA must die betta die.. na dia e no come give am de full script.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by StubbornGENIUS: 9:20pm On May 31, 2020
Laevillmiss, na 5 times wey me read that tori b4 i come grab and reason am well. grin grin Yahweh na im be the real guy man oo.But wait oo,as Yeshua don kpeme for real,wetin Elohim go come use the tree of life do? And yeye people like us no fit believe say holy spirit na scam.CHAI! Las las I don lost finally cheesy I get small kweshun:who come be the olosho wey dem de knack that time?

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by kingxsamz(m): 9:31pm On May 31, 2020
Daejoyoung:

In order to identify with, and to save other would be sons suffering in the ghetto.

You can't use that example to butress your point, if not It'd mean that Dangote would have to punish those who refuse to be helped by his son.
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by kingxsamz(m): 9:35pm On May 31, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

.The purpose of Christ's sacrifice is to save mankind. Your question was not the purpose. Your question was how was it a sacrifice if He was assured of resurrecting to a better life.

You're using Dangote and his son to explain your point, now I'm asking you. According to you, Dangote sent his son to make a sacrifice by giving up his luxury lifestyle and living in the ghetto and end up getting imprisoned. Now my question is, what's the purpose of Dangote telling his son to do such thing? What is he making that Sacrifice for?

If you can't answer that, then you can't use that example to butress your point.
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Daejoyoung: 10:07pm On May 31, 2020
kingxsamz:

You can't use that example to butress your point, if not It'd mean that Dangote would have to punish those who refuse to be helped by his son.
But the dangote I'm talking about is not going to punish anyone but rather wants to save the people from the danger they are headed to. And no he didn't create the danger, and it is not a so called everlasting fire.
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by kingxsamz(m): 10:27pm On May 31, 2020
Daejoyoung:

But the dangote I'm talking about is not going to punish anyone but rather wants to save the people from the danger they are headed to. And no he didn't create the danger, and it is not a so called everlasting fire.

Are you saying that the Christian belief about hell fire is a lie?
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by Daejoyoung: 10:35pm On May 31, 2020
kingxsamz:

I read hell fire in the bible as utter destruction, it is simply death without the hope of resurrection, and because of this, the body is burnt and not given an elaborate burial as expected in the jewish customs. The fire used to burn the body is compared to that of ghenna( a refuse dump in Jerusalem where the fire is always burning and worms are always there).
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by MuttleyLaff: 12:21am On Jun 01, 2020
Offpoint:
If He knew, then was His death truly a sacrifice?

Wouldn't anyone whom is asked to destroy his bicycle and promised to be given a latest model car gladly destroy his bicycle?

I need seek answers from highly spirited Christians.

I've been trying to wrapped my head around this for long.
Saying he wasn't aware will defeat the purpose of TRINITY

Righteousness89 you're needed here.

Cc:
Lalasticalala
Dominique
"No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily.
For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again
For this is what my Father has commanded.”
"
- John 10:18

"19Jesus answered, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again.
20“This temple took forty-six years to build,” the Jews replied, “and You are going to raise it up in three days?”
21But Jesus was speaking about the temple of His body.
22After He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this. Then they believed the Scripture and the word that Jesus had spoken.
"
- John 2:19-22

Offpoint , His death truly in some many ways, is a sacrifice. One of the ways and reasons why it is a sacrifice is that God in spite of His sovereignty came down to earth, became a human being, mingled with human beings et cetera, simply just to achieve a do-it-yourself (i.e. DIY) necessary with a personal touch ring to it and that is evident because He could have done the necessary with a fiat, but He didnt
Re: Did Jesus Knew He'll Be Resurrected Right From Heaven Before He Came To Earth? by MuttleyLaff: 12:21am On Jun 01, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:
He knew He would die and rise up.

The sacrifice there is leaving His glorious throne to suffer and die in the hands of mortal, sinful man.

Let me give you an analogy: If Dangote has one son who has been living a life of opulence, and was asked to leave his father's mansion and go and live in a very rough ghetto and suffer all the lack and problems ghetto people face, and be falsely accused and thrown into prison for 3 days, will the knowledge that his dad promised to rescue him from the prison and bring him back to live in the mansion make it less of a sacrifice on his part

kingxsamz:
Thank you ojaare for asking for this specific question, lmao

Daejoyoung:

kingxsamz:

Daejoyoung:
There is no escaping something or someone ending up in the kitchen dustbin and finally on the city's refuse dump site nah

kingxsamz:
Gbam!

Daejoyoung:
I read hell fire in the bible as utter destruction, it is simply death without the hope of resurrection, and because of this, the body is burnt and not given an elaborate burial as expected in the Jewish customs. The fire used to burn the body is compared to that of ghenna ( i.e. a refuse dump in Jerusalem where the fire is always burning and worms are always there)
I remember when little, there used to be a refuse site, not far from where we lived. People used to go tip their rubbish et cetera on this refuse dump site to get rid of.

I recall now as if was yesterday, that the refuse site always had burning going on. You can see the almost ever present smoke coming out from the smouldering refuse dumping site. Of course, various rubbished already had been incinerated by the dump site fire, but the smouldering was almost never ending.

Hell fire is not a Jewish concept, it has a lot to do with Greek mythology. Gehenna, the city's incineration site, is something the Israelites/Jews could identify with or relate to, that is why Jesus used it, as an illustration to describe a place where badness is going to end up at and what is going to happen to such ending up there. The Bible upped the ante, when it revealed that hell/Gehenna and even death will themselves each and all end up in the lake of fire.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please, We Atheists Need Religious Translations! / What Is Your Own Definition Of God's Goodness? / How Bishop Oyedepo, Winners Chapel Raise The Dead On Easter Sunday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.