Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

My Sister In-law Tried To Scam Me. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister In-law Tried To Scam Me. (55874 Views)

My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House / 17-Year-Old Son Impregnates His Younger Sister In Nasarawa / My Sister-In-Law Staying With Us Atimes Knows When We Are Making Love.Pls Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister In-law Tried To Scam Me. by murphyung(m): 4:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
Amya:

Her mum (mil) called me and started blasting me. Saying I'm feeling too big to be helped

He thinks i rejected the offer because of pride.
What i am trying to understand is why both your mother in-law and your husband are accusing you of pride.? Other than that the only place i would fault you was why you didn't tell your husband about it after your conversation with her sister
Re: My Sister In-law Tried To Scam Me. by Analysiscorner: 4:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
Such scam job offers abound in Abuja and Lagos. You did well.

1 Like

Re: My Sister In-law Tried To Scam Me. by shiki(m): 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2020
Amya:
I have never discussed jobs with her before so the call took me by surprise.
Are you sure? Cos I went through your thread on 7th Jan. And you sound like one who's desperate for job and can discuss with anyone around
....my advice to you is that, since your hubby was the one to pay the money, you should have let him pay
Re: My Sister In-law Tried To Scam Me. by Kfed4ril(m): 9:44pm On Jun 04, 2020
Amya:
I've been looking to get a federal agency job in Abuja for a while now and haven't yet had any reasonable connection.

Madam if he thinks you rejected because of pride, kuku tell him you’re sorry and are willing to take it now if he can pay for you.
Re: My Sister In-law Tried To Scam Me. by Odoogu(m): 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2020
Amya:
Modified: What's it with nairaland guys and they always trying desperately to fault women in any post concerning them. How can i in good conscience tell my husband that his sister is trying to scam us? Do you know the blowout that could happen from it? The bad blood that may be forever caused by such accusstion? Yeah my sil was trying to pull a con, but she's not the devil. Even now, I respect her and still relate well with her especially as she didnt succeed.

For my husband, i told him that his sister could mean well and i just wasn't sure of her source and when a source I'm sure about comes around, only then will we pay, but if he still believes the job is legit, he can go ahead and pay. Of course he didn't pay and the whole thing ended there.

The way i did it was the best because even now, everything has died down. Pkatakpata they'd only say i was too proud to take the job offer. That isnt a sin.
now here we go... it's now about guys and not the issue on ground anymore. were you expecting to hear something and you didn't? you telling us here she is trying to scam you but you can't tell that to your husband.
what's that?
Re: My Sister In-law Tried To Scam Me. by Amya(f): 1:12am On Jun 05, 2020
shiki:

Are you sure? Cos I went through your thread on 7th Jan. And you sound like one who's desperate for job and can discuss with anyone around
....my advice to you is that, since your hubby was the one to pay the money, you should have let him pay

Discussing with people with info on what i seek does not make me desperate .

1 Like

Re: My Sister In-law Tried To Scam Me. by Amya(f): 1:13am On Jun 05, 2020
Odoogu:

now here we go... it's now about guys and not the issue on ground anymore. were you expecting to hear something and you didn't? you telling us here she is trying to scam you but you can't tell that to your husband.
what's that?
You're not very bright.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister In-law Tried To Scam Me. by eyinjuege: 4:21am On Jun 05, 2020
Amya:

You're not very bright.

You better don't mind those saying your husband should pay for a scam. As if the money is sooooo easy to come by.
If he wants to dash his sister money, let him do it but not under the guise of paying for a fake job.
Those asking him to pay for a fake job are perhaps among those who send fake messages to people's phones asking them to come for fake interviews and to pay certain amount. I had similar experience with this nnpc scam as far back as 13 years ago, so it hasn't changed at all. I didnt fall for it then, and nobody should now.
It's not a new scam and everybody knows about such.
No be today yansh dey back

2 Likes

Re: My Sister In-law Tried To Scam Me. by Odoogu(m): 9:01am On Jun 05, 2020
Amya:
You're not very bright.
that's your opinion and I won't hold you against it. selah
Re: My Sister In-law Tried To Scam Me. by cooooooks(m): 9:31am On Jun 05, 2020
You did everything RIGHT!! I hope I marry someone as smart as you. XOXO
Re: My Sister In-law Tried To Scam Me. by shiki(m): 12:35pm On Jun 05, 2020
Amya:

i know you are not, what i mean is, you may discuss with her but you may forgot

i mean no offence Amya, i'm sorry if my words were harsh
Re: My Sister In-law Tried To Scam Me. by Yusufisraelj(m): 3:33am On Jan 09, 2021
Amya:

If you don't mind will love to help out (not with a job) this is my email; israelsf2@gmail.com

Have been a big fan of your chronology from Kaduna (you know the topic am referring to)

Enjoy your day

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

He Is 35 And Still Single / Viral Photo Of A Crying Groom & His Mother / Slippers: At What Age Did You Learn To Wear It Right? Picture Attached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.