Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect (53413 Views)

Suspected Killers Of Uwa Omozuwa Paraded By The Police / Mother: Uwa Omozuwa Read At The Church Where She Was Murdered For 5 Years / Pastor Adeboye Reacts To Rape Of Uwa Omozuwa, UNIBEN Student In Edo RCCG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Nobody: 6:20am On Jun 02, 2020
O. J . Simpson's trial comes to my mind. Forensic evidence is never enough. Without confession, a good lawyer can make a successful alibi case for his rich client.

Forensic evidence still remains a secondary evidence in Nigeria because no legislation expressly supports it as a primary evidence, not even the evidence act. It is more or less a heresay or what a polygraph test is in the American legal system. The police will only force confession from the suspect to establish a case and the suspect may give evidence of use of force if the police makes use of force. Without evidence the suspect may walk free.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by PrinceMajestic: 6:20am On Jun 02, 2020
Anneka101:
Women are now endangered species in the society.

#Justice4Uwa

Rest in power beautiful Princess!
women are not endangered species. Its men, women population a million times out number men due to natural hard factors attached to men's life. You only say a specie is endangered when its population is drastically reducing. In science we have ED-endangered spp, ET-extinct, after ED comes ET. E.g Pantgera Tigris(tiger) is an ED spp, Okapia johnstoni(okapi) is an ED spp and cousin to Giraffa camelopadalis (giraffe) then we have archaeopteryx, sober toothed tiger, mammoth, dinosaurs etc as extinct spps. So avoid scientific words if you don't belong to our field, just don't use words carelessly
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by obyrich(m): 6:21am On Jun 02, 2020
einsteino:

Finger print was examined? against which database? Nigerian police don come again with format.
grin
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by kindredspirit(m): 6:23am On Jun 02, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
How did they examine finger print did they have all the dna data base of all edo peope
Yeye people they won turn to inverstigation discovery
I hope they didn’t arrest innocent people

Finger prints have nothing to do with DNA.

Nigeria has finger prints database (s) aross several platforms including, but not limited to, BVN, SIM Reg, NIMC etc.

The Police also has a forensics department and do work with private labs to crack cases, especially high profile ones.

With the right motivation and pressure, the Nigerian Police and security agencies, do draw from these resources to apprehend criminals speedily. You would be surprised at how efficient they can be if they are REALLY interested in a case. Unfortunate that they mostly need to get marching orders ( and inducement ) before going all out to achieve results.

3 Likes

Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by ipobarecriminals: 6:23am On Jun 02, 2020
angry they should release the beast to Uniben students for his award
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Witnes: 6:24am On Jun 02, 2020
Kekereekun123:
School no dey in session so which kind book she dey read. The person responsible sha must be hanged
So ppl only read when schools re in session? Stop demonstrating the lazy youth syndrome here man
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by kristisking(m): 6:24am On Jun 02, 2020
Good but the police should always be professional in dealing with cases like this. Why revealing what was used to identify one of the suspects?
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by AceVentura: 6:25am On Jun 02, 2020
Are we sure the right person was arrested?

Does this country have a fingerprint database? I honestly believe the person arrested maybe innocent.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by zicoraads: 6:25am On Jun 02, 2020
The Nigerian police works when they are motivated and want to work.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by zicoraads: 6:25am On Jun 02, 2020
Alitair:
I can imagine how restless his cohorts will be after his arrest.
If you do not have a fail proof plan of escape, don't commit the crime.

Justice for the victim
How about don't commit the crime. End of. Fail proof plan of escape or not.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by kingzjay(m): 6:26am On Jun 02, 2020
SILVERLINES:
embarassed

Police shouldn't waist time, just roast the guy and then Search for the remaining and do same

Who else notice that the departed lady's name Uwaila coincide with the Annang dialect meaning my world

Agwo Anaang ade agwo uko.

Amesiere ette

1 Like

Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by brainhgeek(m): 6:26am On Jun 02, 2020
Wow, Nigeria now using finger prints for forensic investigations? Interesting
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Nyamve1: 6:27am On Jun 02, 2020
BigBashiru:

Men do the raping to death. It is does not matter if its a few men. What matters is that men consistently rape women to death. Women never rape any man to death. This is a social injustice that must be addressed. Also bear in mind that ALL MEN ARE POTENTIAL RAPISTS no exception.
well, i knw hw u feel buh this is totally meaningless, hope u knw that ur dad is also a man

1 Like

Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by iswallker(m): 6:27am On Jun 02, 2020
einsteino:

Finger print was examined? against which database? Nigerian police don come again with format.

They have access to BVN database and NIMC database.. grin
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:28am On Jun 02, 2020
Alitair:
I can imagine how restless his cohorts will be after his arrest.
If you do not have a fail proof plan of escape, don't commit the crime.

Justice for the victim

Do you know how this comment sounds?

Commit a crime... but make sure you have a tight escape plan!

Even your signature leaves much to be desired... if you can’t make money by honest means... then you must take any other route, crooked or diabolic undecided
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by einsteino(m): 6:28am On Jun 02, 2020
cerebralniggie1:

There's voter reg database
NIMC
BVN
NPC
SIM REG
The list is endless...
What we have failed to do overtime is to harmonize these databases.

I said this to someone already, we don't have harmonized data and fingerprint search isn't as straightforward as googling. I wouldn't be surprised if much of these data are lost because even for passport renewal, we are always asked to recapture.

1 Like

Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by einsteino(m): 6:30am On Jun 02, 2020
iswallker:

They have access to BVN database and NIMC database.. grin
lol lets hope so but I still have my doubts.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by zicoraads: 6:30am On Jun 02, 2020
AceVentura:
Are we sure the right person was arrested?

Does this country have a fingerprint database? I honestly believe the person arrested maybe innocent.
Go to Benin, to the police station and ask.
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by kingzjay(m): 6:30am On Jun 02, 2020
FINGER PRINT?

Since when did Nigeria have a finger print database to conduct forensic investigation of such magnitude?

I pray it's not an innocent person that's about to be nailed
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Abdulsalam32: 6:31am On Jun 02, 2020
RIP...but pls I need to know this,what is she doing in school now or is UNIBEN still in session under this lockdown?, secondly why must she read in that church when she knows that the school is scanty and her abode is scanty as well?
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:32am On Jun 02, 2020
Kekereekun123:
School no dey in session so which kind book she dey read. The person responsible sha must be hanged

See the mentality of an average Nigerian!
You think everyone is like you who reads only in an attempt to pass an exam that’s 3 days away?
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by joyandfaith: 6:34am On Jun 02, 2020
If you think Nigeria does not have fingerprints database you are wrong.? Think of bvn, sim registration etc. Nigeria police and dss use fingerprints scanners. some private security firms also use them. Police does not use them in solving crimes because most criminals are insured by MAFIA in government , business and politics.
Definitely those that killed uwa knew her and they would have had some telephone conversations with her at least few months before the incident. what forensic experts would do is to gather information on those who conversed with her recently, profile them and match them with prints in scene of incident.

1 Like

Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by PrimadonnaO(f): 6:35am On Jun 02, 2020
cbngov01:

I am surprised that this question is coming up. You dont know BVN and even your SIM registration is harnessed into different data basis available to authorities on request. There is a lot of interest in this case so I am not surprised. May the wickedness of the wicked never go unpunished...

It will never go unpunished!! God won’t allow it! The pains the culprits have inflicted on her poor parents, family and friends...

Even if they evade the law, God isn’t asleep! His punishment is far lethal!
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by joyandfaith: 6:36am On Jun 02, 2020
Kekereekun123:

hope u are not trying to blame her?
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by blessgreg: 6:36am On Jun 02, 2020
God just answer my pressing prayer this morning. I HV prayed for God to expose the culprit since this wickedness happened in d house of God. This is a prayer answer. By this news, I instigate the spirit of d late girl to not rest untill all d pepertrators are caught. This is my earnest prayer. Tk u Jesus for d answer prayer
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by joyandfaith: 6:37am On Jun 02, 2020
Abdulsalam32:
RIP...but pls I need to know this,what is she doing in school now or is UNIBEN still in session under this lockdown?, secondly why must she read in that church when she knows that the school is scanty and her abode is scanty as well?

hope u are not trying to blame her?
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Nobody: 6:37am On Jun 02, 2020
einsteino:

A database that has all Nigerian's fingerprints, biodata and address? I doubt that. Inshort I am certain it doesn't. If it does, when did they collect it, record and harmonize it? They may have a database of apprehended suspects but I don't think that it's maintained or harmonized. I have applied for police clearance reports a couple times at the Police Criminal Registry in Alagbon and the verification was a charade. Just forget Naija, we never ready.

In other countries, govt has the info of folks coming into a country and leaving, where you live, what your phone number is, your bank accounts, what car you own, how many kids you have, who you are married to, who you have divorced lol... everything is tied to your identity number(SSN or SIN) and all these are harmonized and could be accessed(when authorized). They dont waste resources on population census because with such data know how many people are in their country, and resident in a city, and died at any given day.

We may not be as advanced as whom you compare Nigeria to but...

- BVN registration
- Drivers license registration
- Voters registration
- Sim registration
- National IDcard registration
- Call logs within the Area etc

The above listed can make the search very narrow..

It's rare having a Nigerian above 18 not fall into any of the category.
RIP UWA, what a horrible way to die..
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 02, 2020
RIP sweetheart,may all your killers be brought to book
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by santicruz: 6:40am On Jun 02, 2020
Fingerprint was examined! How?
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by foreshore(m): 6:41am On Jun 02, 2020
boman2014:

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2020/6/justiceforuwa-one-of-the-suspects-linked-to-the-rape-and-murder-of-miss-vera-uwaila-omozuwa-has-been-arrested-video.html

So said, bit I hope Nigerian police is not arresting an innocent person just to make it look like they are on top of the matter. The gruesome death of the victim can only be avenged by the arrest and persecution of the real culprit
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by Amazinggirl95: 6:43am On Jun 02, 2020
I hope this is not an innocent person ooo Nigerian police
Re: Uwa Omozuwa: Edo State Police Command Arrests One Suspect by jrusky(m): 6:43am On Jun 02, 2020
Pls police make sure none of them escape and pls don't just pick random people and force them to be confessing for crime they do not know anything we want to see the face of the bastard that killed this girl.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ladies Converge At Lekki To Fight Over A Man / Autopsy Result Of Keleche Ineke (Graphic Photos) / AAU Students Killed At Their Graduation Party (More Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.