Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid (42747 Views)

I’m An Adult, I’m Not A Kid. I'm Just Suffering From Dwarfism - 22-year-old / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
Professorcplus:
If it's rainy and sunny at the same time, then lioness just gave birth.

If a teacher flogs you, soak that body part inside garri and see the teacher's hand swell up the next day grin

[b] To get money, kill a Red head agama lizard, cut the head and bury it for three days, come back later to dig out your naira note.

To make a bird motionless or stand still above the sky, just hit a nail on the floor, step your big toe on it. point your index finder towards it and stretch it backward with your other index finger.
I can relate wellagrin

Also, I used to believe that if a boy tastes food on fire, his joystick would remain smallcheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by chrish(f): 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
R

28 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by playapayaski: 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
Slept with a Gyal by looking at her pant
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by lekbel09(m): 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2020
I can see some atheist already masturbating on the thread.... grin grin grin
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by ednut1(m): 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ojuju or ghosts but never saw him or her.
Devil, God and bible stories.
People were inside television
Believed vision 2020 in 1998
Women gave birth from the ass

6 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Digableplanets6(m): 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
I believed that if i kill a wall gecko i will bedwet and some of the things you said. The good ol' days.

3 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Goalnaldo(m): 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
As a kid, I believed that:
*Snake threads have a high probability of making front page
*There is monetary reward for making FTC

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
Professorcplus:

Definitely yes, you can compare a footballer and a professor.

...but the education you acquired made you debunked the dumbest thing you ever known.

Even if you didn't work with what you study, it opens up future opportunities. Even if you study engineer and work as a radio presenter, to get employed, you need that paper you read for.

An illiterate may have the capital but remember he needs professional advice; knowledge he doesn't own, value that is being paid for.

Well said.

Don't mind those guys.

That's why we remain stagnant as a race. It's always about power and money to us so that we can flaunt and oppress others so much so that we forget that nothing- I repeat nothing- trumps education.

Take that any time any day.

That's why sometimes I just don't like coming here cos you see some of the dumbest comments. All in a bid to garner likes or sound "smart".

I repeat, nothing beats education. It always sets you apart from the crowd when push comes to shove. I am witness to that. Countless number of times.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Enwhen(m): 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
Dpsychologist:

Lol.
So now what do u believe

Now, education na the partlock
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Danniedpastor(m): 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
iramure:
I believed the story of jesus was true

Your belief won't make Jesus less than The God" that He is.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by alphaNomega: 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
The shocker is the number of adults that still believe things like this till this day. Do you know matured men and women bathed salt water to fend off Ebola?

8 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 02, 2020
Drinking peak milk and malt gives blood

2 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by parkparky(m): 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
India 99 Nigeria 1

2 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Shockabzoba(m): 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
If you kill any red head lizard, you'll die in your sleep b4 the next day. cry

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Martinez39s(m): 3:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
As a little boy, I used to believe that actors, actresses, newscasters etc were literally inside my TV and would sneak out and into the TV at midnight depending on their schedule. grin grin

8 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
I believed that when u wave at cattle egrets u get a white spot on ur finger nails..

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Digableplanets6(m): 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
arinzos:
I used to think in Music Videos, the Musician Usually Change their cloth very Fast and continue the music with another cloth grin

If you bend down to eat, the Food will come out of your Anus at once.

When you take some particles from a dog's Eyes and put it in yours, you will see spirits.

If you Look at the Mirror in the Dark, you will See Witch

I believed couple would pray to God, and he will Drop a Baby on their Bed.
grin grin grin grin

Can't Remember Most of them Again.

About the mirror go look up bloody mary on google and no matter what you do ,do not practice it.

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Jakemedg(m): 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
Dpsychologist:
Being a kid was the most fun part of my life. It was also the time when i believe alot of dumb things which i later realise in life were all false. Some were spread by my parents, relatives, siblings, and friends to make us afraid or control us.

When I was a kid I used to believe that

1. Rubber band sucks blood

2. That fish swims in one's belly upon consumption.

3. Lucozade and maltuna are for sick people.

4. I believe when you take mango and at the same time drink garri it will kill you.

5. When i eat food in the night, i am eating with the devil.

6. Wen I swallow gum it will tie my intestine and I will die.

7. If I swallow any seed the tree will grow on my head

8. There is grinding machine in my stomach that digest the food i eat.

9. I thought trees moves backwards wen you are in a moving car.

10. If i wash my school uniform on sunday, it won't dry at all

11. God usually comes down to collect offering.

12. Any food that falls on the ground is already eaten by the devil.

13. If lizard see my tooth that is missing it will not grow again

14. If u bite me and I mix chicken shit n red oil all your teeth will remove.

15. That women gave birth through their navel.

16.If u point burial ground. Something bad will happen to you

17.If u drag a stick on the ground while walking. Your mama will give birth to snake.

18. I use to believe all pot belly men are rich.

19. I use to think that all black people will go to hell because devil is black and White people will go to heaven because Jesus is white.

20. Satan was right under my feet.

21. Any time u mistakenly cut ur self and blood is coming out you should start sucking it so that your blood will not finish.

22. I use to believe eating head of ice fish together with the eyes will make my eyes big as well.

23. If u jump/cross me,I will not grow again.

24. If u flog a girl with broom,she will not marry.

25 when i was a kid i used to think the moon follows me wherever i go as i was getting older the Story changed that all streets have there own moon lol.

26. When you dont go to church on sunday and u stay alone at home satan will come and steal you.

27. I believed everyone who stays in the village is either a witch or a wizard. I vowed never to visit any village.

28. if a cat spits on you death awaits you

29. Older people never Excrete

30. I use to think that as a flower boy, the flower gal was my babe o lol.

Over to you. What are the dumbest thing you believed as a kid?
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
So funny

Me eheenn. Dat garri and mango I believe am den.
Den I was told of you sit on a mortar I won't grow tall.
If someone use teeth to break kernel for u ur teeth will grow on each other
That the real football dat okocha used to play can break someone head.

Alots......
It is well

8 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by ucheuzor1(m): 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
I used to believe that when you bend down and look between your legs, you'll see spirits walking on their head and legs up. We used to be afraid to do that then.

We were also told then in the village that if you point at a masquerade, your hand will bend.

We were also told then that if you wave your hand to white flying birds, it will give you water finger. It worked then though. Quite mysterious.

2 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dchameleon12345(m): 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
If a girl play with a boy she will get pregnant

3 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Dididrumz(m): 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
Plead:
That God exists.

This thing don finally dey worry me ohhh.
Does God really exist??

2 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Enwhen(m): 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
1Sharon:
You are kinda right about lucozade..cos they do give it to diabetics

Not just diabetics...anytime I'm sick either at home or health centre in school , malt and lucozade...for me then, I used to believe they were part of the drugs for malaria...that's where my distaste for fanta fanta drink stated..lolss

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by KingAzubuike(f): 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
Omoshalewa04:
Good Evening Guys..
Trust We Are Doing Fine...
My Name Is Labake, An Ex Corper.
Please Patronize Me To Help My Hustle.
I Sell Cheap Data, I Convert Excess Airtime To Cash. I Do Cable Subscription And Lot More.

Kindly Check My Signature Below For More Details.
Thanks And God Bless.
Labake omo to dun. Send me a mail so I can take you to the next level baby.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Danniedpastor(m): 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
Plead:
That God exists.

"The fool says in his heart , there is no Good".
Are you a fool? (It's a rhetorical question"

6 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Munzy14(m): 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
drips8:

You don't need to be really smart to get things done here. Just a couple of important connections and you're set.
cheesy
If u make am na u sabi the hustle.

if u too read, na u warm book pass.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by illicit(m): 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
If u use an umbrella under a roof, you will stop growing.

If u eat white chalk, eczema will form inside u.

If u kill a toad and u don't bury it, it will curse u and your parents when it gets to heaven

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nmezor(f): 3:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
chrish:
When my mum gave birth to my younger sister I was surprised to see her curly hair. I asked my mum if there is a saloon in her tommy, she said yes that when a baby is about to come out he/she will go to the saloon and make their hair. I believed her.
Lolz, very funni
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by onobire(m): 3:22pm On Jun 02, 2020
Back then in warri, we belived that if you see water bird flying across the sky, just wave your two hands like a flying bird and sing "leke leke bambu give me water finger" and immediately you will have a white sport in you finger.

6 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by EBEk101(m): 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2020
Plead:
That God exists.
So now what do u believe dat god no exist?
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by frankblinkz(m): 3:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
Na apple kill abacha india scored nigeria 99-1 and during d game football turned into a lion

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Help!!! My Dad Still Smoking Weed In His Old Age!!! / Woman Abandons 4-Year-Old Child In Gambling Shop As Collateral After Huge Losses / The Woman My Best Friend Is About To Marry This Saturday Has No Womb, Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.