Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid (42701 Views)

I’m An Adult, I’m Not A Kid. I'm Just Suffering From Dwarfism - 22-year-old / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by kingxsamz(m): 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
kollinz1234:
am sure alot of people will be quoting so I was dragging foot to quote u or not, then I just remembered that I have to respond to u so that u don't mislead other people.

Can u imagine something that doesn't exist?? For the fact that you imagine God means He exist.

I speak no more to u. Good luck with your thought

People do imagine and have conversations about batman also... So what's your point?

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by AvalonSpace(m): 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
I used to believe that Jerusalem was in Heaven.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by fullblast(m): 6:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
Swallow orange seeds and orange trees will germinate through your belle. grin grin cheesy

Mehnn! I was so scared to try a swallow.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Amiaraking(m): 6:13pm On Jun 02, 2020
As a kid, i used to believe that ladies urinate through their vagina
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Naija4love(m): 6:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
AdaFidelis:
I believed my dad was not born instead he fell from the sky because that was what he told me.
grin your father is a skygod son lol
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
Used to think people in a film or movie were actually in the television box and can hear/see us just like we could hear them.

Used to think "mambrose" was a precious stone.

Used to think the content in the small coca cola bottle key holder those days was real and always wished to break and drink its content.

Used to think babies were born through the navel.

Used to believe adulthood was much fun undecided. I miss the carefree life I had as a little child.

Used to believe marriage was Rosy rosy like the fairy tales I saw as a little girl tongue
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by FuckDaMods: 6:17pm On Jun 02, 2020
AdaFidelis:
I believed my dad was not born instead he fell from the sky because that was what he told me.
He's a cool man grin

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by obontami: 6:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
Number 4 still makes a nigga hate mango 'till date.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by kingxsamz(m): 6:21pm On Jun 02, 2020
Dididrumz:

This thing don finally dey worry me ohhh.
Does God really exist??

Think about it.
People only believe such because they grew up in a Christian or Muslim background. If you were born a north Korean, chances are, you won't believe that there's a god because you were never taught such doctrine.

Also ask yourself, what kind of god throws people in hell and watches a girl get raped and killed in a church? They say he's a good god, yet the evil. It's either they're lying or he doesn't exist, or both. Ask questions bro, you'll never get any satisfying answer from anyone. They'll only tell you to believe with faith.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by banio: 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2020

As a child I used to think that all the church offering money will be kept in a tray and when there is nobody, GOD will bring out his hands from Heaven and take all the Money.
But as I grew older and found out that it was men that spent it, I started eating my offering as a kid.
But GOD has been merciful, soonest my tithe will be in millions

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by kingxsamz(m): 6:29pm On Jun 02, 2020
Danniedpastor:

"The fool says in his heart , there is no Good".

Are you a fool?
(It's a rhetorical question"

Most Christian folks don't have sense. It's known.
He aired his view and all you did was ask him if he's a fool.

4 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 6:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
That when u whip someone with with broom the D**k get shorten.

When someone walk across someone sleeping that person will give birthday to that same person
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by BanjiRaymond(m): 6:38pm On Jun 02, 2020
I was told Okocha dribbled past 10 players and scored a goal. I've been looking for the video on YouTube til date
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Xmuslim: 6:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
Danniedpastor:

"The fool says in his heart , there is no Good".

Are you a fool?
(It's a rhetorical question"

That's blasphemous. The god of the Bible and that of the Qur'an are known for blaspheming non-beleivers. Not cool.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Xmuslim: 6:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
We didn't stop believing all these myth just because they don't make sense, but because the society do not put pressure on us to believe them, and they weren't written in any ancient book

Some still believe in religion because

1. the society (our parent inclusive) pressure is extreme

2. The religion myth is written in books. Thus, they think they are real.

No difference between all the myths mentioned by people on this thread and religion.

Religion is also a myth. Just that it is packaged grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Icezikagu(m): 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2020
:DThen u hav to b panerbeated to d truth. lol :PThen u hav to b panerbeated to d truth. lol
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by baggy4luv(m): 7:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
embezzlement in yoruba language:how would eat money
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by aalangel(f): 7:00pm On Jun 02, 2020
Dpsychologist:
Being a kid was the most fun part of my life. It was also the time when i believe alot of dumb things which i later realise in life were all false. Some were spread by my parents, relatives, siblings, and friends to make us afraid or control us.

When I was a kid I used to believe that

1. Rubber band sucks blood

2. That fish swims in one's belly upon consumption.

3. Lucozade and maltuna are for sick people.

4. I believe when you take mango and at the same time drink garri it will kill you.

5. When i eat food in the night, i am eating with the devil.

6. Wen I swallow gum it will tie my intestine and I will die.

7. If I swallow any seed the tree will grow on my head

8. There is grinding machine in my stomach that digest the food i eat.

9. I thought trees moves backwards wen you are in a moving car.

10. If i wash my school uniform on sunday, it won't dry at all

11. God usually comes down to collect offering.

12. Any food that falls on the ground is already eaten by the devil.

13. If lizard see my tooth that is missing it will not grow again

14. If u bite me and I mix chicken shit n red oil all your teeth will remove.

15. That women gave birth through their navel.

16.If u point burial ground. Something bad will happen to you

17.If u drag a stick on the ground while walking. Your mama will give birth to snake.

18. I use to believe all pot belly men are rich.

19. I use to think that all black people will go to hell because devil is black and White people will go to heaven because Jesus is white.

20. Satan was right under my feet.

21. Any time u mistakenly cut ur self and blood is coming out you should start sucking it so that your blood will not finish.

22. I use to believe eating head of ice fish together with the eyes will make my eyes big as well.

23. If u jump/cross me,I will not grow again.

24. If u flog a girl with broom,she will not marry.

25 when i was a kid i used to think the moon follows me wherever i go as i was getting older the Story changed that all streets have there own moon lol.

26. When you dont go to church on sunday and u stay alone at home satan will come and steal you.

27. I believed everyone who stays in the village is either a witch or a wizard. I vowed never to visit any village.

28. if a cat spits on you death awaits you

29. Older people never Excrete

30. I use to think that as a flower boy, the flower gal was my babe o lol.

Over to you. What are the dumbest thing you believed as a kid?

I still believe in 1, 3 & 20.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by foleskay(m): 7:09pm On Jun 02, 2020
calgenius:
I believed that when u wave at cattle egrets u get a white spot on ur finger nails..
That one was damn real
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by 1Sharon(f): 7:11pm On Jun 02, 2020
Enwhen:

Not just diabetics...anytime I'm sick either at home or health centre in school , malt and lucozade...for me then, I used to believe they were part of the drugs for malaria...that's where my distaste for fanta fanta drink stated..lolss

There's logic behind it. Lucozade has higher sugar content than all other drinks..so for energy I guess
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Osasomg: 7:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
Yeah, one of the dumbest I believed was that daddy will provide everything.

Bros, e nor work o

Na to grow up o

Mehn, especially after school (tertiary)

I had to face hard truths and real facts.

I had to take initiative

The first I did was a Telecom reselling from a site

https://subpay.com.ng

I paid 1k to reg

Then entered affiliate marketing

That road nor easy sha

I am venturing into info marketing now sha side by side affiliate marketing

Growing up can be painful sha but we not get choice

It is a must

So, to whom it may concern

GROW UUUUPPP
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Goldie16(f): 7:25pm On Jun 02, 2020
I believed that if I swallow orange seed, a big orange tree will grow on my head.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by freethinker01: 7:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
I believed that one Jewish man died for my sins
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Monday60655(m): 7:28pm On Jun 02, 2020
Plead:
That God exists.

So what do you now believe?
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by beautyhound(m): 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
Davash222:

Look at us now.. A Nepa bill holder is our president while a professor of Law is licking his asss.

How does that change anything? Education doesn't have to do with ur individuality...if by education u mean going to school. Abraham Lincoln and George Washington both ex-Presidents and the one of the greatest presidents/leaders in d world never went to school. Education is a continuous process to modifying ur behaviour.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Rushna27(f): 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
if u put ur hand in d rain and lightening or thunder occur u will die.... or u rest on d wall wen dia is thunder u will die......
singing to a moving plane with d mind of sending it msg to ur loved ones.. �������
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by MNDY(m): 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2020
Davash222:
As a kid, I used to believe Education is the key.

This topic of debate is a very personal one to me.

I was hell-bent on getting a degree as a first born after secondary school. I first went to acquire computer knowledge. I became very very good at computer and a hot cake (I still am).

But I seriously wanted a degree. My uncle I travelled to the city to be with condemned my journey to the city and said I could have gotten a degree first.

I went back and gained admission. Struggled to get the degree. My computer skills fetches me cash very well and helped me very well. I've served in NYSC and now hope and pray everyday to get a job.

People say there are no jobs out there and strongly advise entrepreneurship but I am optimistic that God will let me belong to the very few getting the jobs. If there are no jobs, it means I could have wisely tried and established my computer business and neglected the degree.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by GennyCheta(f): 7:51pm On Jun 02, 2020
Dpsychologist:

Exactly it seems they told us all this just to make us fear or keep us in ignorance.

You don't know how I fear all these crazy stuff then.
Now when I remember them I can't stop laughing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

First Families Of Nigerian States.(pics) / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) / I Honestly Need To Know The Meaning Of These Words- "Boo" And "Bae"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.