Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,803 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid (42779 Views)

I’m An Adult, I’m Not A Kid. I'm Just Suffering From Dwarfism - 22-year-old / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What Were The Silliest Things You Believed As A Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by mayorkent(m): 4:48pm On Jun 02, 2020
That true friendship exists.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 02, 2020
grin grin even till date, I still think lukozede if for sick people, to boost their strength. 1,3,4 and many really freak me then. I still remember when I swallow an orange seed. I remember praying to God that the seed shouldn't grow in my stomach!
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Xmuslim: 4:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
I use to believe God would burn non-Muslims in hell for eternity

3 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Bahamas95(m): 4:52pm On Jun 02, 2020
1. That owl/cats are witches

2. Eating another person's food means you are not well trained ( Even till now I don't feel comfortable eating someone's food, lol)

3 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
Dpsychologist:

Thats the irony of life.
A professor will be working for an illiterate.
Las las its not what you read in school that takes you far. You can’t compare the salary of a footballer and that of a professor.

Everything isn't about money, some people do like their profession irrespect how much they make that's why I like the white folks ,black we attribute everything to "how much do you make".

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Hec1: 5:08pm On Jun 02, 2020

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by joyfullyjoyous(f): 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
1. If I put my hand in the rain It will get paralysed
2. If I break the television and enter it while watching American movie I will find myself in America
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 02, 2020
dat numba 18 ehn.

me i thought plane always move after me.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Pavicx(m): 5:12pm On Jun 02, 2020
I used to believe that
Everyone human on earth was a human being

Dread was for mad men

Beard was for criminals and terrorist

Youths are the leaders of tomorrow

Nigeria is the giant of Africa

Chelsea fans are tOuts

Nigeria will get better

I will finish everything school by 21 years old

Money was easy to make.

And above all

I used to believe in people.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
This might not be related. But when I was younger, my brothers and I would visit our neighbor- a single man staying downstairs to chill with him. We would talk about so many things, the man will play the keyboard and ask us to sing one after the other.

One day, we were arguing about something in his house, we didn't know he was recording it.

When we finished arguing, he played it. When I hear a voice say the same thing I said, I will shout, you see, exactly what I said, I was right. When it gets to my brothers' turn they will say the same. It was after some minutes we realized it was our voices. If you see how we burst into laughter. That was our introduction to recording.

Chai, I miss those days, before the man married one annoying lady that will be frowning as if someone is quarreling with her. That's how we stopped going there. Women cef!

4 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
Dpsychologist:

i literally tried that and it didnt work. I was told that i didnt do it well when i was a kid lol
Lol
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 02, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Labake omo to dun. Send me a mail so I can take you to the next level baby.
i thought you said you are 'BI'? . Just curious
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by FirePower1(m): 5:27pm On Jun 02, 2020
I used to believe that India once beat Nigeria 99:1 with juju and that Wrestlemania was real fight. ������

2 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by ThatFairGuy: 5:35pm On Jun 02, 2020
Professorcplus:
If it's rainy and sunny at the same time, then lioness just gave birth.

If a teacher flogs you, soak that body part inside garri and see the teacher's hand swell up the next day grin

[b] To get money, kill a Red head agama lizard, cut the head and bury it for three days, come back later to dig out your naira note.

To make a bird motionless or stand still above the sky, just hit a nail on the floor, step your big toe on it. point your index finder towards it and stretch it backward with your other index finger.
These are all my beliefs. I buried uncountable lizards grin

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by ThatFairGuy: 5:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
joyfullyjoyous:
1. If I put my hand in the rain It will get paralysed
2. If I break the television and enter it while watching American movie I will find myself in America
And you never break your TV cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by nazablossom(f): 5:39pm On Jun 02, 2020
Icezikagu:
angry kissI used to believe that in order to prevent d caset disc frm cracking u have to clean it on ur smooth cloth wink
Still doing this (covers face in shame)
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by slimcassi(m): 5:41pm On Jun 02, 2020
When I was younger, I was told in other to get jazz(be a jazz man) that could command anyone and do anything, I should get a ring and kill a lizard (red neck agama) to b precise cut it's head off put the ring in the mouth and bury for seven days.

After the seventh day take the ring out nd put it on. What ever u tell a person he would do.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by OkoAnike(m): 5:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
Davash222:
As a kid, I used to believe Education is the key.

Education is still the key brother...

When your call finally come through, it's takes a nobody's kids/ children to eat with the Kings,
education makes you fly without a wing...

That call will definitely come through one day brother.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 02, 2020
As a kid, whenever I accompanied my uncle to the post office to post a letter in my town, I used to think the letter always passed through the box to lagos directly by itself.

Whenever my milk tooth pulled out, if I declined to add some stones and throw it on top of the roofing sheets without making sound, I'd think my tooth wouldn't grow again.

I used to think white men who were teachers in the secondary school in my town weren't defecating at all.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 02, 2020
Dpsychologist:

Lol. Child life
And a footballer can never become president or governor of his state in spite of his wealth unless he goes to school. George Weah would tell you more.

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by ekins71: 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
That the citroen car could fly like a plane

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by complexBoss12: 5:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
AdaFidelis:
I believed my dad was not born instead he fell from the sky because that was what he told me.

Lwkm grin

ur dad must be a very funny man
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Bbass1990(m): 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
If you drink coconut water you would be dumb.

Our teachers knows everything without been taught.

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Angelacruz: 5:48pm On Jun 02, 2020
Yes! He is a supernatural being
Dididrumz:

This thing don finally dey worry me ohhh. Does God really exist??

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Comedian2019: 5:52pm On Jun 02, 2020
I used to believe that all old men are wise. But I now know that foolish people also get old.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Comedian2019: 5:55pm On Jun 02, 2020
ekins71:
That the citroen car could fly like a plane
I can relate with this. Very funny. grin
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 02, 2020
that number 3 na poverty.
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 02, 2020
Comedian2019:
I used to believe that all old men are wise. But I now know that foolish people also get old.

2 Likes

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by Geesaintagape: 5:58pm On Jun 02, 2020
I used to think devil leaves beneath the earth n God leaves above the sky.
Bald head indicates wealth.
City Children are very intelligent.
To die means to move to America permanently

1 Like

Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by josh123(m): 6:01pm On Jun 02, 2020
Davash222:
As a kid, I used to believe Education is the key.

education is still d key bro. But formal education in nigeria is a scam
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by obuneme: 6:03pm On Jun 02, 2020
As a kid I used to believe that during child birth the baby comes out from the anus grin grin grin
Re: The Dumbest Things I Believed As A Kid by kingxsamz(m): 6:07pm On Jun 02, 2020
That there was some god in the sky ready to avert avert evil.
That when a woman has an accident and taken to the hospital, she'll give birth to a child
That the moon was following me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Virginity Almost Destroyed My Marriage - Thanks To Nlanders / Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years / Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.