Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,124 members, 7,957,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:22 AM

Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick (35651 Views)

House Of Reps Approve Buhari’s Request For $5.8bn Loan, $10m Grant / FCC: Reps Kick Against Buhari’s Appointment Of 2 Northerners As Chairman, Secret / Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Spending Plan: $1.25bn For Abuja Rail, $500m For NTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Staro: 10:06pm On Jun 02, 2020
Useless country

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Blackmann001: 10:16pm On Jun 02, 2020
Afamed:

I don't exchange banter with kid, if you can't present your argument without using degrading choice of words

You called so one "hypocrite" ND Dat sound like blessing from a reverend father...?

I repeat get a head on your head
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by themaestro08(m): 10:24pm On Jun 02, 2020
JAMO84:
I wouldn't support this loan if this government have at least, 80 percent of the revenue the previous government had.

Add all the recoveries, loans and taxes, Buhari would still be at least 200 billion dollars behind Jonathan.

If oil was selling at seventy dollars and a certain government was taking billions of loans to pay salaries, is it now that it's 30 dollars that we shouldn't take loans? Will Buhari pay for all these gigantic projects with his military pension?

Please, anyone that cannot counter these with facts should not quote me, my mood is so bad I could curse anyone who mention me with shallow logic.

So far this government under buhari have so far borrowed $84 billion to fund infrastructure projects. Could you mention these completed projects?
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 02, 2020
First 5 persons to tag me & state wic medium they want me to redeem my pledge, get #500 voucher of their chosen network.
Am Damn so happy today. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Thonypadua(m): 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
Xposed2020:
First 5 persons to tag me & state wic medium they want me to redeem my pledge, get #500 voucher of their chosen network.
Am Damn so happy today. grin grin grin grin grin
what are you saying?
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by JAMO84: 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
themaestro08:

So far this government under buhari have so far borrowed $84 billion to fund infrastructure projects. Could you mention these completed projects?
That's a lie. The 80 billion include states debt and the 23 billion just approved by the house.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Temysteve(m): 11:18pm On Jun 02, 2020
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by themaestro08(m): 11:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
JAMO84:
That's a lie. The 80 billion include states debt and the 23 billion just approved by the house.

You still didn't answer my question.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by themaestro08(m): 11:47pm On Jun 02, 2020
JAMO84:

This government I mean APC government. Even at that could you name any projects?
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by JAMO84: 12:26am On Jun 03, 2020
themaestro08:

This government I mean APC government. Even at that could you name any projects?
1. 14 % of the debt is own by States

2. 36% were incurred by previous government

3. There are thousands of projects going on right now but the critical ones are:

a. Second Niger bridge

b. Lagos Ibadan Rail

c. Lagos Ibadan road

d. Kano Kaduna Abuja road

e. Warri Itakpe rail

f. Kano Maiduguri road...
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 03, 2020
Corporate2020:

None. Politics is investment. You invest your votes and reap infrastructure. You voted for Goatluck Jonaddaft and Atikuchukwu, you can go and meet them for your projects. Have some shame, stop begging your enemies for food.

You lack reasoning.. would payment not be collective?..
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by DedeNkem: 2:19am On Jun 03, 2020
Esseite:
There is no SE project sited on that loan schedule...

As usual, most of it would be invested in the North. Northern thieves are dooming this country!
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Billygee2u: 2:21am On Jun 03, 2020
Ogbuu101:
When the history of this country will be written,the SE will hold their head up high as the ppl who did their best to resist the worst govt ever and who were not among the govt that turned d 3rd fastest growing economy to d poverty capital of the world in less than 4yrs.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Billygee2u: 2:23am On Jun 03, 2020
Macphenson:
Buhari has vowed that he must wreck Nigeria before he leaves by 2023.

The annoying part of it is that he is finding useful idiots like Femi Gbajiabiamila and Ahmed Lawan to perpetuate his evil act .

Shouldn't they have ask him to account for all the money he has borrowed so far?

Which projects have they gone into?

They keep approving him borrowing away the future of generations yet unborn.

Have they really asked him to show us how these loans will be repaid?

He fully implemented TSA, increased custom duty, introduced POS charges, stamp duty , increased VAT to 7.5,.

What is Buhari doing with all these money, ?

Buhari is a disaster and a virus more disasterous than Corona..

Buhari is not qualified to be a Whatsapp administrator yet Tinibu because of his selfish reason foisted him on hapless Nigerians.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Billygee2u: 2:24am On Jun 03, 2020
Yooruba1914:
Buhari is the biggest fraud in the history of humanity. Even dictor abacha no worst like this.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Billygee2u: 2:27am On Jun 03, 2020
Ogonimilitant:
The reason why Biafra must come. the other regions approved this injustice.
God Bless Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

Any Easterner who still talk About One Nigeria must get his head examined
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by DMerciful(m): 3:53am On Jun 03, 2020
Before Nzeogwu coup, there were other coup in the pipeline as coup was gaining popularity in Africa as a whole. It was really a question of first to execute. You needed to read history and not assume other military officers were docile until Nzeogwu opened their eyes. What the North implemented through Gowon was already planned. When the country was being divided, what did Yorubas do? The East declared Biafra when the East was divided, when the West was divided, what did they do?
isthatso:

It depends on who is writing the history. Others may say the SE are the ones who upended our collective development in 1966, unwittingly resulting in central (Northern) control of regional resources and revenues which is the genesis of our stagnation and underdevelopment.

Some would say the the misadventures of the SE in 1966 and 1967 is the reason we were saddled with a constitution designed not for economic progress but primarily for political control.

If there was no coup and there was no civil war, there would be no 36 states, the North would be developing their minerals and agric to compete with the south, there would be no quota system. SE would control Nigeria’s oil and the west would develop with agric and industry.

If there was no coup and no civil war we wouldn’t have a situation where northerners illegally mine their minerals and pocket it because they can spend oil money from the SS. If there was no coup, northerners would be in a mad rush to send their kids to school instead of breeding them like rats for elections.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 5:17am On Jun 03, 2020
Thonypadua:
what are you saying?
You hv won a voucher of #500. Lemme know how u wanna retrieve it.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 5:29am On Jun 03, 2020
DMerciful:
Before Nzeogwu coup, there were other coup in the pipeline as coup was gaining popularity in Africa as a whole. It was really a question of first to execute. You needed to read history and not assume other military officers were docile until Nzeogwu opened their eyes. What the North implemented through Gowon was already planned. When the country was being divided, what did Yorubas do? The East declared Biafra when the East was divided, when the West was divided, what did they do?
Which coup again?
Who were the officers involved in such phantom coup?
When did they meet and how many times?
Who were their sponsors?
When did they intend to strike?
What was their reason or motive?
Why did the Political leadership not act?
Why didn't ASA act?

2 Likes

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by DMerciful(m): 5:34am On Jun 03, 2020
You only know the answers to these questions when it has been executed. But for sure others were planning their own coup, it was known in the military circle then.
Xposed2020:

Which coup again?
Who were the officers involved in such phantom coup?
When did they meet and how many times?
Who were their sponsors?
When did they intend to strike?
What was their reason or motive?
Why did the Political leadership not act?
Why didn't ASA act?
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 5:48am On Jun 03, 2020
Smilingjuhn:
Which education do we need? If the govt can not come out pop and plain to tell Nigerians in details what they have done (which we cant see since 2016 especially the railway project) with previous monies borrowed, why do we need to know from them what they need the money for?
Common how do you mean nothing has been done since 2016.. nothing!!! . No infrastructure , roads, no progress on the railroad or the 2nd Niger bridge. Look I don't have problem with people criticising their government but do it with facts and honour. Don't just jump on the band wagon. And don't give me that GEJ started it bullshit as well, all we have been praying for is continuity in government. As long as one government started and the next follows up that's what matters to me and it should matter to you too.

1 Like

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Kingrefreshed: 5:48am On Jun 03, 2020
nero2face:
so they should borrow to build a railway for u?, some of Buhari's supporters are just stupid and foolish

And Ignorant and Docile and Hyper gullible.

And lest I forget, they're Zombies too.

I rest my case for now.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by BreconHills(m): 7:14am On Jun 03, 2020
Sunnyja:
This analysis brings us to square one. Why can't we just cut the cost of governance. A country that is on $31B infrastructural deficit is splashing 25% of her national budget on less 500 people in the national Assembly and you are talking about holding them accountable. Even PMB sees nothing wrong with this ostentatious life style. Like some already said here, 2021they will start moving cash around for elections, all projects we be finally grounded until next government comes. What then did we really benefited from the loans?

I fully agree with you but sometimes the enemy of the good is the best. Let them develop the infrastructure even while enriching themselves and then let us see if money can best talent. You need to know that all this money being heaped up by the few has no where else to go than to flow to the truly talented. This is why I hate what I see on social media - a generation bewailing their lot because they want to work in an oil company and not understanding that their best moment comes in states of flux and upheaval. The very moment the entire world is passing through now
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by BreconHills(m): 7:18am On Jun 03, 2020
Tunar18:
You will not die young.

However, let me disappoint you. Only a few people on this thread understand your points or even the topic of discussion itself.

You will find them everywhere. They just jump on thread without any concrete understanding of the subject matter. The moment they noticed the word LOAN, many of them turned to keyboard warriors, yet arguing with zero understanding of the Issue.

Even the lawmakers aren't fighting to stop the borrowing but for reasonable spread of projects. Yet, dem nairaland politicians are already crying about the loan. Leaving the bone of contention.

It's a pity! I will quote Bubu again 'A lot of Nigerians are lazy intellectually'

I get that idea too.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 7:34am On Jun 03, 2020
DMerciful:
You only know the answers to these questions when it has been executed. But for sure others were planning their own coup, it was known in the military circle then.

Care to share your source of info with us?
Because I have studied Nigerian civil war, the remote & immediate causes and read virtually most books written by various authors based on their "opinions", Nigerianization of the Nigerian army, 1 & 2nd republic, Political Science also for the past 20yrs and I am just hearing this for the first time.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Champneys: 7:36am On Jun 03, 2020
Buhari onigbese...... Mr Borrow Borrow!
Clueless, inept and directionless government!
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 03, 2020
DMerciful:

Well, the onus is on he who alleges, to prove beyond hearsay/ reasonable doubt in a court of law.

Na who them catch be thief. And the WORLD only knows the 5 majors.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by EdiskyHarry: 8:06am On Jun 03, 2020
Corporate2020:

Oil is tending towards $0. Very soon, you will be hawking your oyel in Lagos holdups and drinking the rest.
You no go keep quiet, as if Nigeria get any other source of major income.
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by DEROX: 8:28am On Jun 03, 2020
cheesy who are shout yeast reps pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 03, 2020
DMerciful:

Actually it is on record that the North planned to break away from Nigeria after the coup. It was the British who persuaded them to keep Nigeria intact. The North feared domination by the south especially the Ibos as they were way behind in development. You must remmember that the North did not win the elections, they formed a government by forming an alliance with Zik. Awo offered to form an alliance with Zik but he refused because he thought the less educated Northerners would be easier to dominate. It is in this alliance with the North that the Northerners realized the Ibos were trying to dominate them in the civil service.

As far as yorubas, what does this have to do with yorubas? Did we plan secession with you? We had no problem with Nigeria, we had the benefit of being part of Nigeria and the autonomy of controlling our own resources and development just like every other region, till Ibo greed came and scattered everything.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Golan007: 9:45am On Jun 03, 2020
Grovemaster:

Shame to every member of the house of rep.from the south East. I know this's very difficult for us to swallow but forward we move..we were able to overcome 5 pounds given to our parents,abandoned properties and all the whole atrocities, check us out in the next 5 years.

It was 50 pence.
grin
Re: Reps Approve Buhari’s $22.7 Billion Loan Request. South East Reps Kick by Golan007: 9:47am On Jun 03, 2020
themaestro08:

Lies.

The country is planning to borrow so stop with it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos: Man Rides Bike From Ivory Coast To Nigeria For The Chibok Girls / No EndSARS Protester Was Killed In Surulere - Lagos Government / Lagosians React To Jonathan's Campaign In Lagos On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.